Shippers' delight

Devils do cry (Hiatus)

 

Chapter 34

 

Shippers' delight

 

 

 

 

"Yah! Kim Taeyeon!" Tiffany cried out as she was dragged into the dancers' dressing room. 

 

All the other juniors gathered their stuff in the room quietly as they all thought Taeyeon was on the verge of an outburst. Judging from the past concerts, Taeyeon erupting like a volcano would be the worst situation they would experience from their dancing career so it would be best to evacuate the line of fire.

 

"Dance with me Tiffany. I need your help." Taeyeon pleaded. The other dancers who were trying to exit froze as they heard the conversation between the hallyu star and her manager. Kim Taeyeon was begging someone, her manager in particular to come and save her performance by dancing with her. That was definitely a first so all those who were stuck in the room, stayed a bit longer to watch the epic moment.

 

"Are you crazy? I helped you practice last time but that was it. That is the real thing out there." Tiffany tried to let go of Taeyeon's hand as she sensed eyes observing their moves.

 

"Please, please, please Tiffany!" Taeyeon begged some more, this time resorting to adding in some aegyo. The staff who were passing by chuckled at the sight. They have never seen the hallyu star that way and it was too adorable to ignore.

 

"C'mon Tiffany. I look like a fool in front of everyone. Plus you're my manager. You should help me in any way you can." Taeyeon said through an awkward smile. Tiffany scanned around the dressing room and several faces looked at her and waited for her answer. Uncomfortable and pressured, Tiffany tried to ease her way out of the situation.

 

"Ms. Kim! You better get out in 3 minutes! You're next number is up!" the stage manager called out, adding more pressure into Tiffany's thoughts.

 

"Tiffany, c'mon." Taeyeon petitioned some more.

 

"Aish. Cheongmal! Fine! I'll dance!" Tiffany finally blurted out, earning some claps from the other dancers and the staff who were all anticipating.

 

"Assa! Now, get changed! I have to rush for my next song!" Taeyeon hugged her manager amidst the crowd and ran off to the backstage floor, hopping like a bunny on easter.

 

"Michigetda! The things I do for you Kim Taeyeon!" Tiffany squealed in her head. She just stood there with her hands at her sides, totally drained. One of the dancers came forward and handed Tiffany Haesung's costume. It was a short black cocktail dress that was bedecked with sequins that sparkled from afar. Along with the short dress was some dark gray hot pants for the lower region. Tiffany's jaw dropped. The outfit was skimpy and to complete the look, she was given a pair of high cut angel winged sneakers that oddly matched the ballroom look.

 

Yuri, Hyo and Nicole entered the dressing room at the same time to make their finishing touches and all were surprised to see Tiffany who had already changed into the hiphop tango costume.

 

"Tiffany-ssi, so you're really dancing?" Hyo asked, congealed in her spot.

 

"I'm already dressed for the part, am I not?' Tiffany replied but suddenly slumped down to her knees. "Wait, can you still convince that shortie to withdraw the number? I don't want to mess this up for you guys. You've worked so hard for this"

 

Yuri picked up Tiffany from squatting down and patted the brunette's head. "Are you kidding me Stephanie? You'll be the best partner Taengoo would have. Don't worry, Taengoo knows what to do on stage."

 

"Anniyo Tiffany-ssi. I taught you two with the dance and honestly you do dance better than Haesung. I have complete trust in you." Hyoyeon walked over and nudged the manager's shoulder, encouraging her to proceed with the plan.

 

Nicole watched the other two choreographers approve of Tiffany's partnership and she flailed her arms in the air in pure excitement and joy. "AAAHHH! Tiffany-ssi! I'm so happy to dance with you on the same stage! Wait! Come here! I have to do you a quick make-up!"

 

"Nicole, it's fine." Tiffany raised her arm to decline but Nicole took Tiffany's wrist and positioned her before a mirror.

 

Nicole took her make-up kit and started speedingly dabbing some foundation on and sharpening her eyeliner pencil. "Anniyo! Trust me!"

 

Taeyeon was finally brought down from the wires as she sang the last lines of the chorus for a ballad song that was part of her album. She was on a swing when she sang her heart out for her fans. It was the second to the last number she had for that night's concert. With one last breath, she sang the last note in the sad love song with her might and her fans cheered and cried after hearing the beautiful melody.

 

The spot light was focused on Taeyeon as she got up from the swing and raised her right hand up.

 

"Ah! Ne! Kamsamnida! Yorobun kamsamnida! Thank you so much for coming to my concert. I know it's a surprise now that I'm talking on stage before you all. For my past few concerts, a clip of my gratitude would usually just play on the screens but starting from this date forward, I'd like to change that and would like to reach out to my fans who stuck with me ever since. It's been a tough journey to rise to the top and I'd like to share my experience with each and everyone. I won't be what you all call a hallyu star without all your support. So from the bottom of my heart. I want to thank all of you for coming."

 

Nearby fans started shouting random cheers at their idol. Others even dared to shout their confession on the hallyu star.

 

"Ne. Nado Saranghae! Hahaha...Well, for my next and unfortunately last number, I'd like to present to you another side of me. It'll be a performance expressing love in a dance, a ballroom dance, updated and given a twist to fit the taste of the new generations. It's a dance art masterpiece made by the best choreographers I've worked with in my entire career here in the entertainment business. For this number, I'll be dancing with them, Ms. Kim Hyoyeon, Jung Nicole and Kwon Yuri. Thank you guys. I wouldn't be able to pull this off without you three. So I guess that's it. It's been fun spending this special night with all of you my supporters, my fans, my friends. Yorobun, for my final number, I present to you...Hip hop Tango, a dance created to be performed between people in love."

 

Traditional tango music played in violin started to emanate in the background and the whole stage dimmed. The lights had changed to a bloody red shade and the spotlights moved in accordance to the rhythmic beat of tango snapping music. Taeyeon travelled backstage and disappeared momentarily behind the curtains to don her costume. She quickly wore her sneakers, some jazz pants and the black tailored hoodie that resembled a tuxedo blazer. Her stylists assisted her in her final costume change. The other dancers had already changed to the same costume she wore. 

 

Before Taeyeon finished, Hyoyeon and Nicole called out and said good luck to each other. They disappeared as they entered the stage and started dancing the ballroom version of tango. Yuri raised a thumbs up before Taeyeon then followed on to the stage with her partner. The two other juniors sweeped from the backstage and into the elevated platform. A total of six dancers paraded the concert stage and flicked their heels. The audience were in awe and began to cheer as they swayed according to the ballroom feel. Tiffany stood right beside Taeyeon and cleared .

 

"Let's do this Tae." Tiffany said, raising her left hand for Taeyeon to take while facing forward to the stage.

 

Taeyeon was busy fixing her wardrobe and putting on the hood of her jacket when she noticed her manager. She looked to her side and was blown away by Tiffany's look. She had never seen somebody so y and alluring. Tiffany in the body-hugging costume and the black locks curled and styled flowing down her bare shoulders was a sight to die for. The added make-up and dark eyeline accentuated her crescent shaped eyes. Her luscious lips tainted with a blood red lipstick shade gave her an over-all seductive character. Taeyeon's jaw just dropped open. She couldn't even breathe.

 

"Yah. Tae. Let's go." Tiffany nudged one more time, before finally dragging the hallyu star on stage as they were given the cue by the stage manager to enter.

 

"Oh my god. You're gorgeous Tiffany." Taeyeon said as they appeared before the hundreds and thousands of cheering fans. They all went wild when they saw Taeyeon who was dressed as the male dancer. The music contined to play and Taeyeon instinctively was leading the lady beside her in a leg-locking traditional tango step. Most of the females in the audience started fangirling and spazzing over their idol. Never in their wildest dreams had they expected that Taeyeon would one day perform like a guy in a number.

 

Taeyeon swung Tiffany around and the idol caught sight of the Hyonic couple as well as Yuri with her partner. She flashed a smile on all her choreographers and they all winked back in approval. The music had started to pick up in its beat and a DJ spin signaled a remix on the rhythm. Taeyeon slid her arm over to Tiffany's back and bent her back slowly, dipping the brunette in front of the crowd. With one swift movement, she snapped Tiffany's torso back up and held her head on the side of her cheeks. Taeyeon then whispered. "Just dance as how you feel Tiffany. Just trust me."

 

Tiffany closed her eyes and lost herself in the music. The beat had taken a complete turn and techno hiphop overlapped the traditional tango. Taeyeon pulled her hood back from her head and the crowd just hooted in amazement at the fierceness of Taeyeon's look. The giant screens on top and beside the stage also took a close-up shot of the hallyu star. BoA, from the VIP seats, suddenly leaned forward and glanced at Taeyeon's fans who were applauding wildly. 

 

"Tch. It's just tango. anyone can dance that. They're just a bunch of amateurs." BoA mutterred under her breath.

 

The blonde beside her just caught herself in a daze as she went on observing the screens intently. BoA slid back into her seat and parried her vision from the fans and back to the dancers on the stage.

 

"Tiffany let's go." Taeyeon shouted to her partner and they all individually popped and locked to the hip hop music. Amazingly, Tiffany has not forgotten the steps. The short practices in between schedles and that particular late night practice had allowed her to catch up to everyone else on the dance flloor. Tiffany glanced over to Yuri's side and Yuri gave Tiffany a thumbs up in between her movements. Full of confidence, Tiffany went on with the routine with less mistakes as she could while also enjoying dancing with her partner.

 

The beat of the music again changed and the tango melody overlapped the snares. This was the signal for the partner portion of the routine and without hesitation Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany's hand and encircled her other arm into the brunette's waist. Tiffany crashed into Taeyeon's chest and she felt like she was grasped by an angel. They stepped side to side and Tiffany even added a flare by shaking her hips and waving her abdomen like a bellydancer. Taeyeon almost laughed at Tiffany's spontaneity. The cameramen for the concert focused on Taeyeon's expressions and then zoomed out to reveal the image of her partner. Several women in the audience were awestruck with the brunette's beauty and admired her while others started cussing slightly, jealous that the lady was fortunate enough to dance with Taeyeon. 

 

BoA's forehead scrunched as she viewed the close-up of Taeyeon's partner. She leaned in towards her male manager and asked. "Wait, I haven't seen her as part of the junior dancers. Is she new?"

 

The manager hesitated for a moment before replying to her client and then he blurted out his thoughts. "She looks like Manager Hwang."

 

Sunny, who was on the left side, suddenly became curious with the discussion between BoA and her manager.

 

"Hwang...Hwang...You mean that Tiffany Hwang? Taeyeon's manager?" BoA exclaimed as she placed her finger on her chin.

 

"Taeyeon's manager is a female?" Sunny murmurred in such a way that she was the only one who heard herself talk.

 

"What is she doing dancing with Taeyeon? Wait, wasn't she the one who also saved Taeyeon at that press conference?" BoA added, trying to connect dots out of the scene. "What's going on here? Is this a publicity stunt?"

 

"Yes. It's her." Manager Chilmoo confirmed once more. "It doesn't look like it was planned but her fans sure love it."

 

Sunny was bewildered. She hasn't updated herself much with Taeyeon's activities and certainly not about who handles her. Hearing this much information from the two beside her was just all new to her. She glanced back at the screen and saw Taeyeon's face. The hallyu star was enjoying herself on stage while dancing with her manager partner.

 

Manager Hwang? But I thought...no, it can't be. Tae, I haven't seen you smile that way ever since we were trainees. Could it be? No, are you stupid Tae? You've already done this before? Are you seriously going to repeat the past?

 

BoA noticed that Sunny had balled her fist and was gripping on to the sidearms of the theater chair. The original hallyu star glanced back up at the screen and then stared down at Sunny. She knew by then what Sunny was thinking and a huge smile formed on her face.

 

Destroying Kim Taeyeon will be more fun than I would have thought. The more the merrier. There can only be one hallyu star.

 

Back on the dancefloor, Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany's waist and they skipped and hopped to the tango beat. They made their slides across the floor and they perfected the square dance like they did in practice. Both kicked their heels and spun around to the countings in their heads. Another square dance came in the routine and they glided over the concert stage like swans on a lake. Taeyeon had to hold back a step and with the right timing, she twirled Tiffany a few rounds before catching her back and bending the brunnette over. The shorter gal didn't have much upper body strenth left from the almost 3 hours of performance at the stadium but she endured everything as long as she was happy dancing with Tiffany.

 

Seeing that Taeyeon was somehow exhausted, Tiffany stared into Taeyeon's eyes and mouthed an I love you towards her lover. Taeyeon caught on what Tiffany said and she found a new source of her energy. Taeyeon had to spin Tiffany again but prior to that step, she had to touch Tiffany's abs. Full of seduction, Taeyeon palmed her hand over Tiffany's stomach and slid it a little bit lower than usual. The cameramen caught this act and the audience gasped and howled at the taunting skinship that was shown on the screens. Sunny at the VIP lounge area just shook her head while watching the dance. Everyone started to root for the hot number and even Hyoyeon caught a glimpse of the screens above her and glared over the couple dancing in front.

 

All of the partners on stage broke off once again from each other and dance individually to maneuver  some hiphop moves. All members pop and locked with ease and their legs seemed to have a mind on their own as they twisted and skipped. One minute left for the performance, the dancers gave their all and shook their bodies. The bass of the music almost sounded like the beating of their hearts. The music slowed down and all the 'guys' on the dancefloor moved their bodies and waved, followed by all the 'girls', copying the steps. This was followed by a mini-face off between the ladies and gents, grinding to hard rock hip hop and then softening up to ballroom flares. 

 

Taeyeon casually walked down the runway in the middle of her concert stage and she dragged Tiffany along with her. Yuri and the rest continued dancing despite the confused expressions on their faces since Taeyeon made some unexpected adjustments to their normal routine. Tiffany just went with the flow and danced her way up front. Taeyeon secretly pulled out a thornless rose from the insides of her jacket and popped the stem between her teeth. Facing Tiffany, she smiled as she showed the rose in . The cameramen again focused on Taeyeon's face and all the girls in the stadium were swooned. The cameras continued on rolling, zooming in to all actions between the hallyu star and her partner. Taeyeon pulled back Tiffany and spun her around, joining the choreography with the rest of the dancers. With one last tug and one last beat from the tango music, Taeyeon hugged Tiffany and bent her down, their heads facing each other and their mouths separated only by the flower. Taeyeon winked at Tiffany and referred to the rose using her eyes. Tiffany giggled and took the other end of the rose with .

 

The crowd went wild and the whole stadium dimmed, marking the end of the dance. Most of the women were spazzing and jumping up and down, unable to contain their happiness. Most of the guys were just standing in place, swallowing their saliva at the sizzling performance that they had just witnessed. A part of the audience started chanting for an encore and the rest joined in making it echo in the enclosed arena.

 

Sunny suddenly stood up from her seat and adjusted her cap lower to her face. BoA quickly followed by rising up to her feet, afraid that Sunny would just walk away without contacting her again.

 

"I'll start training on Monday. We'll have to talk with the CEO. I want to be debuted as a new SMent artist as soon as possible. Can you do that unnie?" Sunny said monotonously.

 

"So you agree?" BoA asked one more time just to make sure.

 

"Didn't you hear me?" Sunny somehow scowled back without raising her head. She pulled out a CD from the insides of her jacket and handed it over to BoA. "Also, I want this to be my first single. I'll be counting on that."

 

BoA took the CD and gave it to her manager. She tugged on to her motorcycle jacket and held out her hand to congratulate the shorter girl on her decision. "Well, what can I say Sunny. Welcome to the club."

 

Sunny looked up from her cap and then to her unnie's hand. With a quick swipe, the blonde girl shook BoA's hand and without uttering another word, she exited the VIP box seats and disappeared through the metal doors. BoA brushed her hand over her jacket and slumped back down on her seat. She inspected her nails and blew them arrogantly.

 

"Manager Chilmoo. Schedule me a meeting with the CEO first thing Monday morning. It's time to bring in the snake and the sunshine in SM Entertainment." 

 

The lights lit up again on the concert stage as all the dancers took a bow. Taeyeon called on the other staff to the platforms and asked them to bow with her. After bowing to the crowd, Taeyeon bowed back to all the people who were with her behind the successful concert. Yelling out loud, Taeyeon then celebrated amongst her fans and shook her fists in the air. The crowd still chanted for an encore and the tango music replayed throughout the stadium. Taeyeon grabbed her manager by the waist and Tiffany threw the rose she had in to the fans below. The girl who caught the flower almost fainted from sheer happiness.

 

Yuri, Hyo and Nicole joined Taeyeon and Tiffany at the center of the stage and started dancing to the hiphop tango once again. They all celebrated in glee as credits for the concert rolled on the screens. Taeyeon started dancing with Tiffany again and both women playfully swayed to the beat. Amidst the roars and yells from the crowd and the cheers from the staff, the dancers could barely hear each other. While everyone else is dancing on stage, Hyoyeon temporarily broke off from her girlfriend and drove both her arms into Taeyeon and Tiffany's necks, giving them both a griplock. She whispered on both of their ears.

 

"Yah. The two of you has some explaining to do and I don't just mean about the little show you did for the dance. You two are freaking together, aren't you?" Hyoyeon interrogated the couple like a detective while securing her grip on both necks.

 

"Annya. Hyoyeon. Release us." Tiffany whined and tapped into the blonde choreographer's arm.

 

Taeyeon grappled Hyo's wrist and squeezed it. "Yah. Don't hurt my girlfriend Hyo."

 

Hyoyeon's eyes widened and she released her arms to cover from gasping. She then ran back to Nicole and both jumped up and down as Hyoyeon reported the news to her girlfriend. As the remix tango neared its ending, Yuri grabbed the hallyu star and the manager by the waist and all of them joined in together with staff. In one long line, everyone made their 90 degree last bow before the crowd and Taeyeon's fifth Korean concert ended just like that.

 

============================================================================================

 

ok. fluff!!! yes! fluff! i haven't celebrated so much on writing fluff! hahahaha!