Broken chain

Devils do cry (Hiatus)

"Thank you for today's lesson Ms. Kang."

Sunny removed the headphones from her ears and hung it over the music sheet stand. Carefully, she folded the portfolio and handed the binder back to her teacher.

"You're welcome Sunny. Now remember, refrain from drinking beverages with ice. You'll have a rigorous traning on your vocal chords and your pitch is quite high so I don't want you straining on it too much." Ms. Kang, a vocal teacher in Sment reminded, popping her head above the wooden upright piano and received the binder.

"I understand. I won't forget." Sunny replied with her bright smile and nodded. As her teacher was picking up some sheets from the piano's music rack, Sunny cleared and asked out of curiosity. "Ughmm, seongsaengnim?"

"Yes, Sunny?" Ms. Kang raised her head as she shuffled the sheets in both hands.

Sunny picked up some of her teacher's books and helped her put away some on a nearby shelf."I was wondering why you taught me today. I thought BoA-unnie would be doing the vocal coaching?"

"Ah, BoA-ssi? Well, I don't really know Sunny. Manager Seok just called me up to take charge of you for this session. I think I heard that she's having a CF shoot. It might have just popped up. You know the schedule of hallyu stars change a lot. In no time, you'll be doing the same, swamped with work, same as what BoA-ssi had been doing. Since BoA-ssi is a hallyu star, teaching you now may or may not fit her schedule. So just try not to rely much on others, you have less than 2 months to prepare for your debut. Concentrate on that instead."

Sunny sat back on the piano bench while the vocal coach grabbed her own bag from one of the black folding chairs and swung it over her shoulder. After replying to Sunny, Ms. Kang simply patted the blonde's shoulder for reassurance.

Tired but grateful for her teacher's words, Sunny lifted her head and smiled back, uttering words of gratitude."Ah, yes, you're right seongsaengnim. Thanks. Gomapseumnida."

"Okay, I'll leave you now. Get some rest before your next class. I'll see you again tomorrow at 6 pm"

Sunny stood up and bowed before the female vocal coach."Ne. Please take care of yourself too." 

Ms. Kang left the small room and Sunny resumed on sitting back on the bench. On her way out, Ms. Kang almost bumped to Sunny's newly instated manager as the door opened. Apologizing for the intrusion which was calmly disregarded by the mentor, Sooyoung walked inside. Stealthily, the towering giant stood behind Sunny who was sitting, her back facing her.

"Done with class Sunny?" Sooyoung tapped the blonde's shoulder which directly shot Sunny up on her feet.

"Geez Sooyoungie! Knock before you come in! You scared me!" Sunny yelped as she recognized the pranking flagpole before her.

A chuckle came from Sooyoung while staring down at her beloved danshin. Hoping to appease the startled blonde, Sooyoung patted the Sunny's golden crown."Mianhe, your teacher had the door when I was about to come in. So, are you done or just taking a break? Wanna have dinner?"

"I'm done with Ms. Kang but I'll be seeing Jaewon-oppa in another hour, Sooyoungie." Sunny replied, sinking back into the piano bench and swinging her short legs back and forth in a slow and torpid manner.

"That's manager Choi for you from now on." Sooyoung jested, crossing her arms and leaning on the side of the upright piano. There wasn't a reaction that came out of Sunny and Sooyoung noticed that the other gal was staring aimlessly at her feet as they swing. Sooyoung bent forward, peeking into Sunny's face and asked. "Hey. Is something bothering you?"

Sunny raised her hand and forced a smile. "Anni. I just thought BoA-unnie was teaching me today. I guess she's busy but it's just weird that neither manager Chilmoo nor her informed me beforehand. I was somehow looking forward to having her teach me. Without her help, I wouldn't have had the will to get back into the program."

Puffing a short sigh, Sooyoung responded by transferring from beside the upright piano and joined Sunny on her left on the piano bench. Sooyoung nudged Sunny's arm and started fiddling with some notes on the piano, hoping it would distract Sunny's lukewarm behavior."They're busy that's why they must have forgotten. Don't worry, as your manager, I'll try to keep you on track as much as possible. This is my fault for not confirming with them for your class."

"Anni...Sooyoungie." Sunny opposed. She suddenly felt guilty for giving Sooyoung such burden and paused Sooyoung's fingers on the keyblock. Surprised by the brush of Sunny's hand, Sooyoung withdrew her long fingers and kept them to herself.

"I told you it's Manager Choi." Sooyoung laughed it out, pretending that nothing happened as she started to blush. Unwittingly, Sooyoung's abrupt shyness made Sunny finally smile. "Anyway Sunny, I just got off from a conversation with Secretary Park. CEO Lee is out of his office right now but he prepared for me the contracts and such. Secretary Park had also shown me your activities until debut and he had packed your schedule pretty tight. Aigoo.This managing thing isn't easy. I hate it that you had to trick me into doing two jobs at the same time. I should probably ask Manager Chilmoo or Manager Hwang for some help."

"Huh? You're complaining? But you were the one who immediately decided on taking the managing position after meeting Manager Hwang and Taeyeon yesterday. Why hate me?" Sunny complained.

"I had no choice..."Sooyoung mumbled to herself. Sunny only scrunched her forehead in curiosity but decided not to pry on it.

"Hmm..that reminds me, I should find Jumtaeng. I haven't seen her around since this morning. I miss that danshin already." Sunny changed the topic and daydreamed of her childhood friend. "Maybe I should ask her to train me, too."

Sooyoung rolled her eyes after hearing the hallyu star's name again. Raising her head, Sooyoung tried to bar off any further squeals from Sunny and groaned. "Taeyeon again? Since last night at home, you had nothing to talk about but Taeyeon."

"Did you say something?" Sunny inquired, pausing momentarily after gabbing about Taeyeon.

"Anni Sunny. Must be my stomach growling. I haven't eaten lunch yet since I was stuck in a small meeting." Sooyoung lied. 

"Ah. I've got a shikshin for a manager. I hope you don't fill much eating into my schedule by the time I debut."

"Yah. just shut your mouth dwarf star."

"Shikshin"

"Danshin"

The David and Goliath started their verbal punches towards each other which only resulted to mocking laughs from each girl. The somehow sullen nature from Sunny had slowly vanished and was only replaced by chuckles from the playful banter between her and Sooyoung. Amidst their laughs, a voice recording played which resonated from Sunny's backpack.

"Saranghae..Saranghae neol..Ibbereuscheoreom malhaetjanha....No way...no way...no way...."

"Huh? You used the song as your ringtone?" Sooyoung asked as Sunny stood up, took her backpack and retrieved her phone on hand. She sat beside Sooyoung again and fumbled to silence the device.

"Ne, I made it for my SMS tone. I just tried recording it on my phone for fun but it's nothing compared to how you record songs."

"Anni. It actually sounds good. Can you send that to me? I'd like to have the same ringtone." Sooyoung peeped into the screen, curious of the message while nudging Sunny in a pesky way.

"Aish. You write and record songs better than me. Just make your own." Sunny growled and turned her back so Sooyoung couldn't see whatever text was sent to her.

Sooyoung pouted and rested her chin over Sunny's shoulder. She wasn't sure why she did it but it felt just natural. "But I like the raw sound of your voice in that one."

"Fine." Sunny said, oddly not nettled by Sooyoung's affection but actually slightly abashed from having Sooyoung face just inches from her. Sooyoung had always been by her side for three years and they've even shared a room in Japan but at that moment, Sunny felt peculiarly awkward. After noticing that Sunny was slightly irked, Sooyoung slowly withdrew her head from the shortie's shoulder and retorted to playing random keys on the piano. 

Disappointed that Sooyoung had left her shoulder, Sunny exhaled and ignored what she was feeling. She went back to her phone and opened up her inbox. She paused before reading the message and questioned aloud."Wait, who is this?"

Sooyoung stopped playing and returned the attention back at Sunny."Who? What?" 

"Someone sent me a picture message from an unregistered number."

"Delete it. Might be some bogus advertisement or worse, some pics. I didn't know you're actually a ert in hiding Sunny." Sooyoung mockingly joked, lightening the mood between them somehow.

Sunny's eyes widened and by reflex, she slapped Sooyoung on her back. "Yah. You're the one who admitted to me one time that you've watched something like that." 

"Yah. That was an accident. I totally didn't know it was such when I rented out the movie" Sooyoung whined as she arched her back after feeling the sting from Sunny's hand.

"Yeah, sure Sooyoungie. Shiksin and now also a ert. I can't imagine how I survived three years living with you."

"Yah. It's not like I asked for it. You were the one who pleaded to live with me and do underground music and---------" Sooyoung openly defended herself by ranting but was cut off when Sunny opened up the entire picture message and viewed the photos. The blonde gasped and swiped her phone screen as she checked the other pictures.

"Th---Thi---This is Taeyeon."

"Taeyeon again?" Sooyoung mumbled; her irritation for the hallyu star had risen once again.

"It's a picture of Taeyeon and another girl." Sunny explained.

Despite her annoyance, Sooyoung became curious and reconfirmed what she just heard from Sunny."Another girl?"

"This can't be. It's Sooyeon. The other girl is Sooyeon."

"Sooyeon? Who's Sooyeon?"

Sunny stared at the pictures for a long time. Memories of the past came rushing in as she explained the identity of the other girl. "Remember when I talked to you about me and Taeyeon when we were in Japan? Taeyeon had a girlfriend for 2 years. It was Sooyeon. However, she left Taeyeon in the peak of her career. When I found out about them, I was hurt and fled. That's when I went overseas and got to know you. Taeyeon was so in love with her to the point that she was willing to give up being a hallyu star but still they broke off."

Sooyoung then remembered. The love interest between Taeyeon and Sooyeon was the one that had hurt Sunny. Although she felt bad, without those two, she wouldn't have ever met Sunny in the first place. Pondering over Sunny's past, Sooyoung suddenly realized something else.

"Wait. Sunny, why would someone send you these photos? Who would do such a thing?"

"Sooyoungie, do you think these pictures are already out in publlic? It'll be a huge scandal once this spreads. These photos are enough to show that Taeyeon was in a relationship with another female. What's worse is that Sooyeon came from the same company. Taeyeon and SMent are going to be in trouble. This is definitely bad news!"

Sunny was worried, not only for Taeyeon but also for her uncle and the company. Her manager also noticed the restless expression on Sunny's face and she, too, became worried despite the fact that it was Taeyeon involved and not Sunny.

"I don't know. Is there something else other than the photos?" Sooyoung replied, thinking deeply and analyzing the situation.

Sunny immediately rechecked the set of messages, flipping from one picture to another. "There are four pictures. It's all Taeyeon and Sooyeon. Wait, there's a short text after."

Sunny read the text message that followed that last picture out loud.

"These pictures will run through the press by daylight tomorrow. If you really care, do something about it."

Sooyoung shook her head and directed Sunny to take action."Quick, call the sender."

Sunny followed Sooyoung and pressed her ear against the phone. Much to her dismay, a voice prompt from the phone line service provider kept on playing and the sender of the photos cannot be contacted.

"Nobody's answering Sooyoungie. What should we do?"

"I don't know" Contemplating on the probelm, Sooyoung then thought selfishly, however, the sight of Sunny worrying too much rid her of her egoistic motives. "Sunny...do you really want to help Taeyeon?"

"Of course, Sooyoungie. What kind of question is that? She's my friend and I don't want to see get hurt again. Not by Sooyeon and certainly not by the public again." Sunny snarled, slightly affronted by Sooyoung's inconsiderate question.

Friend? Why didn't she say she loved her? Could it be that she just actually sees Taeyeon as just a long time friend?

Sooyoung tried to analyze Sunny's thoughts instead.

"Sooyoungie!"

Snapping from her thoughts, Sooyoung regained her senses and instructed Sunny once again."Quick, call your uncle. There must be a reason why someone had sent these photos first to you. There's nothing in our level of power that could control this scandal. Maybe your uncle as the CEO could help control the release of the pictures. I'll get up to the office at once, hopefully Secretary Park has not left. I'll work with him to get a hold of Manager Hwang. We'll make sure those pictures don't get out..."

Sunny couldn't do anything else but nod. She didn't expect Sooyoung to help her in that extent. Sooyoung swiped the tear that had formed on the tip of her eyes and the tall girl quickly stood up to head out of the room. Before Sooyoung reached the door, Sunny called out,"Sooyoungie, thanks. Gomawo."

"Thank me later when this doesn't come out in public." Sooyoung said and gave Sunny a reassuring smile.

"Arasso."

Sooyoung quickly left and Sunny immediately went back to her phone and fumbled for her uncle's number. Once found, Sunny pressed call and got SMent's CEO on the line.

"Yoboseyo? Samchon?"

"Soonkyu? Why did you call? I just got off a meeting. Has your manager gotten your schedule? Do you have problems with it?"

"Anniyo Samchon. There are things much more important now. It's about Taeyeon."

"Taeyeon-ssi? Wae Soonkyu?"

Sunny explained the situation and conveyed the contents of the pictures that were sent to her. Her uncle just exhaled deeply as Sunny divulged every bit of information she knew about Taeyeon's past relationship. She had meant to hide it from her uncle but she had to give a reason and defend Taeyeon and Sooyeon somehow. Although angered, CEO Lee kept his calm demeanor and thought of a course of action, responding to Sunny in return.

"This is bad. I've heard about this rumor but I didn't believe it one bit. I'll call up people I know from the media to stop this. It'll be difficult to deal with it if this leaks out.This isn't just going to hurt Taeyeon but the whole company as well."

"So you'll be able to stop this uncle?"

"I can't guarantee that Soonkyu but I'll put a block on this. One thing is for sure though. Once I put this off, Ms. Kim has some explaining to do!"

"Uncle..."

"Don't worry Soonkyu, I'm on it."

-----------------------------

To: Taeyeon

I'm already at Jessica's condo unit. I'll be cooking dinner for us that's why I left SMent early. I haven't seen you also in the building so I assumed you'll just see me by dinner. Don't be late okay? I took a cab so you can use the company car. I'll see you. Saranghae Taetae. 

From: Tiffany

Taeyeon replied to Tiffany that she was attending to some personal business first and would be in time for dinner. She was preparing for a surprise. Smiling from ear to ear, Taeyeon had set her phone on silent mode and tucked it inside her sling shoulder bag. 

"Here's the keys to your car, Ms. Kim." a guy in a blue suit interrupted Taeyeon's little daydream as he wiggled a set of car keys in front of Taeyeon.

"Ah, great! Kamsamnida" Taeyeon squealed as she brought out her hand to receive the keys. The older guy dropped the keys into Taeyeon's palm and bowed back.

"I'd been waiting for this moment." Taeyeon murmurred as she approaced the purple 2012 Porsche Panamera model. Her hand slid on the red violet paint coat finish of the car's hood and walked over to the driver's side.

"Is this your first car, Ms. Kim?" the car sales representative asked, curious of the hallyu star's history on cars.

Taeyeon faced back the old man in his forties and smiled."Anniyo. I had an old one but I haven't driven it for some time. That's why I preferred to get something new."

Seeing that his customer was pleased, the old guy bowed back. "I see. Well, thank you for purchasing from our company and also for endorsing it."

"I wouldn't endorse a product if I don't trust it."Taeyeon bragged which made the old guy also feel proud of his company's products. Taeyeon fumbled the keys in her hands and clicked the remote fob, turning on the lights of the brand new car and unlocking it. "Well, is there anything I need to complete?"

"No, Ms. Kim. The insurance and all the paperworks included for the car have already been fixed. You can start driving the car today." the representative corteously replied, handing Taeyeon a folder containing all the certificates and documents related to the car.

"Sweet. Thank you for attending to my requests." Taeyeon accepted the folder and stepped inside the car. She stowed away the files neatly in the glove compartment and settled her hands on the luxury leather wrapped steering wheel. Exhaling deeply, she allowed herself to get comfortable with her new ride. The male representative remained standing right next to the driver's side and sheepishly knocked on the window. With one button, Taeyeon rolled down her wondow and asked the old guy if she had forgotten anything. Rubbing his half balding scalp, the old man timidly cleared his throat and requested a favor from the hallyu star.

"Ehem..Ms. Kim. If it's alright, I have one more request."

"Yes?" Taeyeon asked, getting out of the car, worried that she might have missed something in her records.

The man bowed and stretched his hand forward, bearing a pen, paper and his celphone camera. Taeyeon looked at him in a startled manner."Before you go, could I, by chance, get your autograph and a picture, too? I'm actually one of your fans."

Amused, Taeyeon could only chuckle at the old guy's request."Omo...I mean...sure...my manager's not with me so let's just keep this between the two of us."

"Ne. Algesumnida."

After giving into a signed paper and a couple of pictures taken with the car salesperson, Taeyeon finally drove the car out of the business sales center. She entered the city road of Seoul city and the lights from the buildings and sidewalk lams reflected on her windshield. She concentrated on the roads while happily running through her thoughts.

Aaaaaaahhhh! Finally, I got a new car! The company car isn't that bad but now I could take Tiffany out into other places without SMent trailing on our tails. Tiffany will be surprised. At least she won't haveto drive me around anymore. We could go to the beach, a mountain resort...anywhere without the public knowing.

A smile formed on Taeyeon's face and she was more than contented with how her life was going. Everthing felt normal and even though she was a hallyu star owned by everyone in the public, her heart only beat for one girl and that girl was the one she'd be meeting tonight.

I can't wait to show her. Although, come to thik of it, she might not be too happy with the color. 

Turning right on the next block, Taeyeon imagined her brand new car to be a shade of baby pink and she shudderred at the idea.

Brrr...Sorry Pany-ah but pink just crawls under my skin. I'd rather go wth Barney.

Larking by herself, she browsed over the instrument panels and inspected the blinking red lit LED numbers on the black leather covered dashboard.

"Let's see. There's still about thirty minutes to kill before I head out to Tiffany's place. What should I bring? Dessert? Annya. Tiffany's already cooking dinner. Wine? Hmmm...I better stay away from alcohol this time. Oh wait, flowers! Tiffany said Jessica liked flowers plus I haven't  given Tiffany a boquet before. I should get those. One for Tifffany and one for her bestfriend."

Finally deciding on getting flowers, Taeyeon parked her car on the street side as soon as she spotted a flower shop. Fortunately, there weren't alot of customers inside and Taeyeon managed to buy a couple of rose boquets, one had a tinge of blue color and the other was, of course, baby pink. Her presence in the store didn't go unnoticed as a few more ladies had started asking her for signatures. She complied with the requests and hurriedly went ou back to her car. After settling the boquets right next to her in the passenger seat, Taeyeon buckled up once again and set off for the road.

Alright. Now for some dinner.

----------------------------------

"Jess?"

The door to the condominium opened as the lock beeped from the door. A crown of blonde hair popped inside as soon as the door opened and Jessica removed her heels before coming into the living room. She called back in reply to Tiffany, who was busy in the kitchen. "Hmm. It's me Tiff."

Tiffany left her boiling pot of pasta for a moment and faced Jessica who had just come in. "Oh good. Welcome home. Yuri just called me a minute ago. I told her you were on your way here."

"Gure? Yeah. This phone died on me. I forgot to charge it last night." Jessica pouted and took out her iPhone from her bag, settling it on the counter top as she dropped her saddle purse hand bag on the floor.

"You should keep your phone alive. Yuri's going to kill me if you don't answer next time." Tiffant lifted th cooked fettucine noodles and transferred them to a pan of simmering cream. 

"Aahh...My Seobang won't do that." Jessica said, plopping herself on a counter chair and glanced at Tiffany swirling the contents in the pan. "By the way, smells good here. What are you making?"

Tiffany turned her head at Jessica and gave her a proud eye-smile."Seafood alfredo."

"Quite fancy. I've got some white wine in one of the cupboards that might go well with that." Jessica picked herslef from her seat and scouted her shelf of wine bottles. Pulling out a Fume Blanc, Jessica settled the wine bottle inside a bucket of ice while checking out Tiffany's entree. "My, my, Tiff...I guess the guest is indeed special."

Tiffany peeled away from her cooking and revealed the identity of their guest for that night. "Of course Jess. My girlfriend is coming over. She's having dinner here and I want to introduce you to her too."

"Ah, I knew it. It's your star girlfriend." Jessica turned her back from the fridge and leaned on it. "Taengoo, right?"

"That's what Yuri calls her. I call her Taetae and she's not just a star. She's a hallyu star."

"Hallyu star?" Jessica replied back with a question. Somehow the term made a pit in her stomach and her nerves started to tell her that something was going to go wrong. Jessica shook her head and brushed the thought away. She shouldn't feel that way, especially that Tiffany was ecstatic about the whole thing. "Anyway, I'll just go back to my studio after dinner to give you guys some time alone. I don't wanna be stuck here with you two being mushy around me."

"Annya Jess. Yuri's coming over, too. I invited her to dinner so you wouldn't feel awkward." Tiffany said, taking a spoon and taste-testing her dish. Tiffany nodded a few times with a satisfied look.

"My Lily-ah is coming too? Oh, ok. Now that's not too bad." Jessica cheered, totally forgetting what she felt earlier. She walked right next to Tiffany and leaned forward, taking a waft from the simmmering pan of pasta, cream and seafood.

"Want me to help you cook dinner?"

Tiffany's face suddenly turned into a scornful look. She immediately covered the pan with a lid and faced her best friend. "Are you seriously asking me Jessica? I don't think I wanna make you a widow by poisoning your husband."

Jessica's eyes shot wide open at Tiffany's abrasive joke. She hissed back in return to the brunette."Wae! I can cook!"

"Uhmmm...aside from your kimchi fried rice, let's just leave the rest to me, okay?" Tiffany said, pushing Jessica off the kitchen perimeter.

"Ha! Let's critic your dish later on." Jessica chided as she was dragged forward out of her own kitchen. She finally gave up her resistance and let Tiffany alone. "Anyway, I'll take a shower first and get comfortable. Make sure your food tastes beter than mine."

"I'm sure it will Jess. Just help me set the table once you're done."

" Tch...Ne."

------------------------------

Yuri reached for the piece of silvery chain that dangled from the crevice between her dashboard and the opened glove compartment. A familiar flower shaped pendant brushed her fingertips and while concentating on the road, she carefully yanked the jewelry away.

It's the necklace. Jessica's necklace.

"Ah, Yuri-ah. I also found a tiny scratch at the back of the pendant when I took a close-up photo last time. I rechecked it with the original design thinking that we could remove the blemish but it seems like it was purposely engraved. You might want to check back on the pendant and see for yourself. Other than that, I have nothing else. Sorry little bro."

Taewoo's voice then emptied into her head as she recalled her older brother pal mention something about the necklace. Yuri parried her vision from the road and on the necklace. A drop of rain hit her windshield and a few seconds after, water droplets pelted the hood of her car like a rain of arrows. Water danced down her glass window as she sped past the intersections. Yuri d the surface of the lotus pendant and for once, she realized an engraved texture was evident on the back of the silvery piece.  

Glancing periodically on the street and the cars on her side, Yuri refocused on the pendant, bringing it closer to her face. It wasn't a scratch. It wasn't a blemish. Certainly not part of the design but it was purposely engraved. The same font. The same cursive writing. A letter in the English alphabet. A letter that directly follows S.

 

 

T.

 

 

 

She held up the pendant by the chain and looked at it one more time as the lotus twirled in front of her eyes. 

 

"I also found out the pattern for the pendant was based on a yeon series...Lotus translates to yeon in our language. Yeon kkot...meaning lotus flower. Yah. Lil bro, learn your korean properly."

 

 

 

Sooyeon...

 

 

T-yeon...

 

 

Tae...

 

 

Taeyeon...

 

 

The necklace was not just a reminder for Jessica's name but also of her lover...Taeyeon was her lover. 

Her beating heart clenched like her fists on the wheel. The city and car lights started to blur her vision as tears flooded her eyes.

Why am I crying? It's not their fault. I didn't know they were in a relationship before. But why? Why Sica? How come you left Taeyeon just like that? Would you also leave me if the same thing happens? Sica?!

As if the heavens was playing a trick on her, her phone suddenly rang from the compartment, vibrating at the same time to beat. The phone rang a few more times and Yuri was able to catch from her peripheral vision on who the caller was. It was her buddy.

 

Sica's ex... Taeyeon.

 

Taengoo.

 

Yuri still held the necklace by the chain in front of her eyes when suddenly, she noticed something. The lotus pendant slowly started to slide down the silver links. The chain was broken. It broke when Jessica thrashed it in the bar, where Jessica revealed the necklace as a reminder of her past love. The broken chain symbolized Jessica's feelings of moving on, however, at that moment inside Yuri's car, the broken chain meant something else.

One end of the silver chain had slipped from Yuri's fingers and gravity claimed the lotus-shaped piece as it descended. Link by link, the hook of the pendant glided until it left the whole chain that dangled lifelessly.Yuri lost concentration and could only think of the pendant falling into her lap while her phone rang a couple more times.

The rain outside had smoothened the road like a newly polished ice rink. The tires of the the blue Prius swiveled as Yuri's hands left the wheel to catch the falling pendant. Out of nowhere, another car appeared from her left. Few cars have merged into the freeway from an arterial road and Yuri had not been paying attention to the red stoplight before her. The blue hood of the Toyota Prius folded like a piece of tin foil as the opposite black car collided perpendicularly with the front of Yuri's car. Metal pieces pierced Yuri's leg as she shrieked in pain and lost consciousness.

The blue Toyota revolved a full turn as it skidded on the wet road. The two cars stopped in the middle of the freeway as smoke rose from the hoods. Several other cars had stopped after witnessing the accident and the drivers immediately rushed in aid for the injured individuals. Finally,the skies gave in and sobbed. Huge drops of rain poured upon the roads and dark low clouds have covered the night sky. Umbrellas popped like mushrooms as a small crowd started to form and a few more individuals approached the dented blue and black cars. In a matter of minutes, a wailing siren echoed and freeway vehicles parted like the Red sea. An ambulance arrived into the scene and paramedics rushed out. One by one, the two injured drivers were pulled out from their cars and rolled into the waiting hospital vehicle. 

Dark clouds in the sky continued to cry as the ambulance left the zone of impact and each heavenly teardrop crashed on the city's cold cemented ground. Out of the four meeting that night, one already got hurt. In a few more moments, another crash was bound to occur, a meeting that was bound to happen one way or another. The only question then was how many more shall get wounded.

========================================================================================================

*comes out to the readers in full armor...ok, time to throw ripe tomatoes at me! YAH!

Was it too cliche? Hahaha. I know it might have been but hopefully it still works. We all fall for the same tricks. Hahaha. And Jess and Taeyeon haven't even met yet! HAHAHA! How would they react?! HAHAHA

(why the heck am I laughing amidst this drama? I am sooo weird.)

I'm starting to write the next chap and I'd be hapy if you could cheer me on though my heart will probably bleed from this one. I hate doing this to my OTPs. HAHAHA (again, why am I laughing?)

anyway, comment guys! but for now enjoy this chapter ^^,

btw...here's tae's car :)