Lotus tears

Devils do cry (Hiatus)

"What will you have Yuri?" Hyoyeon asked as she pondered on the list of liquor on the bar backboard.

"Soju and beer?" Yuri, in her blank tank top and green cotton drummer boy jacket, joked but Hyoyeon took it seriously nonetheless.

"Alright..Soju bomb it is." Hyoyeon affirmed.

Hyoyeon signalled to the bartender 3 mug orders of beer and 1 bottle of soju and the guy nodded back. They were in L-club, one of the more underground yet coveted clubs for....uhm...fellas like them. It was also ladies' night that evening and much to their surprise, they were a lot of women around who came to party. The beat was pumping and the energy was high as the place packed up by the hour.

Yuri was looking at her phone and was deciding whether she should get in touch with Jessica. It was cliche with regards to the three day rule but Yuri was somehow taking precautions with dealing with the ice princess. It would be disastrous for her if Jessica wasn't actually into girls and Yuri kept on hitting on her. Yuri heaved a deep sigh and decided that she'd just have to enjoy tonight with the Hyonic couple.

Hyoyeon grabbed the drinks and turned to Yuri who finally tucked her phone away. "Were you just in contact with Taeyeon-ssi? Tell her to come here."

"Anni. She told me she was going out today. Maybe a schedule. I just know she's out with her new manager. Plus she can't come to this club with people around. She has to be careful of which places she has to go or else it'll stir up a scandal."

"Oh...yeah..right. Totally forgot she was a hallyu star... Too bad." Hyoyeon muttered.

"I'll get her to hang around with us next time. Not just in this club..." Yuri commented, nudging Hyo from behind. "I'm sure she'll be glad to see you and Nic again."

"Oh wait. You just mentioned something about her manager. So Taeyeon-ssi's got a NEW manager? Again?" Hyoyeon gasped after reprocessing what Yuri told her.

"Yup...again...Not really surprising Hyo. You know how it is with Taengoo. It's better for her to have a new manager than be constantly quarelling with an old one. Anyway, she can't escape this time. The company has given her the red card. She can't dismiss her new manager, nomatterwhat the circumstance is. It looks like Taengoo has to find a way to get along with this one. Poor kid... from what I heard fro Taengoo the last time, she's been hating it. I wonder what kind of girl could piss Taengoo like that. I'm actually curious since I haven't met her yet." Yuri narrated while drumming on a bar stool as she looked around for a free table or booth. 

Hyoyeon quickly caught on the word 'her' and made a comment. "HER? Haha! Interesting. So she has a female manager this time? Wow, that's a first! I wonder how this will turn out. Wouldn't it be funny if Taeyeon falls for her manager? That will be hilarious."

Yuri smirked while thinking mindlessly. "That's what I also told her Hyo...oh wait......I mean...what? fall? as in love?"

Yuri slipped her tongue and mentally punished herself for the revealing an unintended information. Not a lot of people knew about Taeyeon's preference  and confirmed it for it was taboo for some, especialy to those in public. If the news about Taeyeon being gay spreads, it could hit her buddy as a scandal and could cost the hallyu star's career. Hyoyeon immediately noticed Yuri's reaction and decided to reassure the tanned girl.

"You should really get Taeyeon-ssi to hang out with us. We're basically in the same kind. Just take her out of her shell." Hyo suggested.

"Huh?" Yuri raised her brow at Hyo, pretending not to catch on what Hyoyeon was implying. Thankfully, Yuri spotted a free booth by the club's corner and urged Hyo to move into that direction. "I don't know what you're talking about Hyo."

Hyoyeon juggled with the drinks and responded. "C'mon Yuri. It takes one to know one. Nic and I knew the moment you introduced us to her. Plus she trusts you so much. It's not that hard to connect the dots. Don't worry Yul. I don't spill beans like that if you're worried about your buddy. I completely understand her situation. Actually, I feel sorry for Taeyeon-ssi. It'll  be tough for her to find love and juggle with the career. That's sad."

Yuri smiled, knowing that she found a good friend also in Hyoyeon."Thanks Hyo. I think Taengoo would really appreciate what you said." 

"No problem. We really should look out for each other." Hyoyeon grinned.

Both girls then settled in the booth and looked around for familiar faces. Hyoyeon was starting to bob her head in tune with the beat while Yuri had already started eye flirting with some girls from the dance floor. Taking a break from her flirting games, Yuri resumed her conversation with the blonde choreographer.

"Hey Hyo. Where's Nic?", Yuri shouted to Hyo's ear, trying to surmount the blaring disco music.

"She's coming. She just had to practice a routine with----oh, speaking of the dev...i mean angel, she's here". Hyoyeon replied to Yuri as she spotted her girl coming in out of the bar entrance.

"Nicky baby! Here!", Hyoyeon frantically waved her arm to catch Nicole's attention. Yuri's head turned towards the other girl. Nicole was in a sparkling short cocktail dress and her short hair bobbled as she hopped over to Hyo and Yuri's table.

"You came out of practice in that?" Yuri teased. "I say, looking hot Nicole!"

"Why hello to you too Yuri. It's been a while!". Nicole popped her booty and turned around to let the two women in front inspect her. "Good to see you out for hunting tonight. Have you spotted any girl you want Yuri?"

Hyoyeon s her arms into Nicole's waist and pulled the other girl by the hips. "Babe, what about me?"

Nicole tossed her head in a laugh and bent her head towards Hyo. "You've been already caught Hyo-babe. No more hunting for you."

Yuri shook her head and tittered at the cliche but was pleasantly scandalized as Nicole grabbed Hyo's neck and pulled the y dancer into a deep kiss. A small moan escaped from Nicole's mouth. 

"Like the show Yuri?", Hyo teased this time as she pulled away from Nicole.

"Sure", Yuri replied dryly and rolled her eyes. "Aish..why don't you two just get a room."

Hyo and Nic chuckled and the three settled back into their seats. Nicole pulled out a shot glass from the soju bottle and filled it up. SHe then took Yuri's beer mug and dropped the shot contents into the beer.

"One for Yuri, one for my baby and one for moi!"

Yuri thanked Nicole while her eyes were pacing around the club. She lost the girl she was flirting with earlier. She sipped into her drink and eyed several more girls on the dancefloor. Her head was also starting to bob in the rhythm of the music.

"So how's life Yuri-ah?", Nicole asked, her head was now on Hyo's shoulders.

"So-so...nothing much..the usual dance classes, taking care of my dorky hallyu friend and hanging out with two overly in love couple named Hyo and Nicole." Yuri kidded which elicited a laugh from Nicole herself.

"Well, you were right on the last one Yuri-ah." Hyo teased and pecked Nicole on her cheeks once more.

Yuri rolled her eyes again after seeing more affection. She continued tallking while She shrugged her shoulders and drank more from the mug. "Though it was actually interesting for the past day." 

Yuri smiled and a glint in her eye was easily caught by Hyo.

"Ho ho ho! Is this why you left early from the gym yesterday?", Hyo asked with a very curious tone. 

"Oooh. Yuri-ah! Tell me! Tell me! A new girl?", Nicole cooed.

"Aish..you two get too excited", Yuri laughed. "It's too early to tell. I just met her yesterday. Give me time to breathe. Plus I don't exactly know is she digs girls. She just felt too friendly for a girl."

The Hyo-nic couple clapped their hands in delight. "Congratulations!"

Yuri pouted. "Anni. C'mon. It's too far from getting to be lovebirds like you two." Yuri took a swig of her soju-beer.

Hyoyeon nudged Yuri and playfuly mocked. "Oh c'mon. Player Yul losing her touch? Well, I guess you've rusted. It's been more than a year since you've actually dated and not just flirt around. Gee, I guess you can't make a straight girl become one of us anymore. I bet you can't actually get a girl tonight."

Nicole slapped Hyoyeon's arm for teasing Yuri that way. "Yah, babe. I think that was too much."

Yuri replied with a joke. "Are you challenging me Hyo?"

"Hmmm..maybe...let's see player Yul in action tonight." Hyoyeon prodded on and she chuckled.

"Oh...I'll show you two lovebirds how it's done!" Yuri boasted, smirking.

With this statement, Yuri chugged the last contents of her drink, stood up from the booth and entered the dance floor. Hyo and Nicole both smiled in surprise. Hyoyeon particularly was delighted that Yuri was going out for fun. The couple quickly drank from their mugs and followed Yuri, squeezing into the crowd as the night started to tick away.

The beating music changed and a clashing of cymbals and techno music flushed through the dancefloor. The new GG remix started to get the audience pumping.

 

I can tell you're looking at me

I know what you see

Any closer and you'll feel the heat.

You don't have to pretend that you didn't notice me

Every look will make it hard to breath!

 

"B-B-B-Bring the GIRLS out!", the lady dancers on the floor sang as the music blared.

Yuri danced to the DJ remix rhythm enticing a few more ladies to her direction. Her body waves were hypnotizing.

"We bring the GIRLS out! We bring the GIRLS out!!! Yeah c'mon!!!". The dancing crowd continued to chant along with the lyrics of the song.

Hyo and Nic joined in as they danced with powerful blows. The dance floor started to crowd more as they felt the energy flowing out of the three women in the middle dancing their hips like there's no tomorrow.

Eventually the music spun into a speedy boppy instrumental and the space on the dance floor trimmed. Dancing became more of a grinding between hot bodies.

Yuri was encircled by a few girls and she teased them by bumping hips. She continued swaying. Her dance moves like a sweet flute charm luring ladies left and right. Hyo and Nic were deep into the music and started to sweat from the heat. Throwing care into the air, they hugged and made-out within the heat of a dancing crowd. Even other girls were starting to cheer after seeing the lip lock. Yuri just groaned knowing it was the Hyonic couple who were making a show in the distance.

She continued dancing with different partners and all the ladies around her enjoyed her flirting games but out of nowhere, Yuri felt somebody her cheek. She was shocked and quickly turned around. Her face lit up, stunned, as she saw someone she totally didn't expect.

"J- J- J-Jessica?"

"Ms. Lily!", Jessica shouted above the music and laughed. Several women who were dancing with Yuri started shooting the ice princess some glares but Jessica totally ignored them.

"What are you doing here?" Yuri asked, her tone competing with the sounds from the speakers.

"What?" Jessica asked once more as she turned her ear towards Yuri's mouth.

"I said, what are you doing here?" Yuri used her right hand to cup around but the music was still too loud for any conversation.

"Pardon, I still can't hear you". Jessica squealed with her mousy voice.

Annoyed, Jessica pulled Yuri away from the middle of the floo. This earned groans and dislikes from some of the girls that were previously grinding with Yuri but Yuri and Jessica disregarded it. Hyo and Nic noticed Yuri leave the dancefloor but paid no further attention. They both assumed that Yuri had already had captured a prey for tonight.

"What was it that you just said?", Jessica asked without screaming this time as they distanced from the dancefloor. 

"I was asking what you were doing here. You do know what kind of club this is right?", Yuri repeated and immediately confirming whether Jessica was interested in girls as she was.

"Oh." Jessica giggled. "A friend of mine owns this club. I come here to have a few drinks once in a while."

"Oh I see. So you only come here to drink." Yuri relaxed, though a bit disappointed with the response. "Did you come here by any chance with anyone?"

Jessica pursed her lips as she caught on what Yuri was asking about.

God she's doing it again. Yuri thought while goggling at Jessica's lips. 

"Uhm. no. I come here alone. I drink by myself in one of the VIP rooms. I'm not really a crowd pleaser."

"A VIP room? Wow. You sure are a heavyloader."  the tanned girl raised her hands and backed off a bit.

Jessica's lips switched from a smile to a pout. "It's not what you think. My friend just gives me a special room whenever I want to be alone."

"Oh..I see..." Yuri was contemplating whether she needed to stay or go home. She was feeling a bit sulky already since she's assuming that Jessica's straight. "I'm sorry. Did you want to be alone tonight. I am not bothering you, am I?"

"No, it's fine but you sure was bothering me when you were dancing on the floor." Jessica chuckled while eyeing Yuri from head to toe. She hasn't seen anybody else ier than this woman in front of her in her entire life.

Yuri stiffled a laugh and blushed. Her head was spinning and she shivered, tensed from figuring out ways to entertain Jessica.

"So, what does the VIP room here look like?" Yuri asked, hooking her hand over her nape, feeling self-conscious.

Jessica's face lightened up and she immediaely grabbed Yuri's arm. "Wanna see?"

Yuri's eyes widened at the sudden skinship but she thought it was just natural of Jessica for being quite friendly."Uhm, sure."

"C'mon, follow me."

Jessica clung unto Yuri's arm and led her into a short flight of stairs and into back rooms of the club. It was a long hallway with several closed rooms on the side. Each room was the size of a small noraebang room with a curved couch, small glass table and several screen TVs. Both girls entered one of the rooms and Yuri spotted Jessica's bag on the black leather couch. On the east side of the room, a tinted glass window showed the people dancing on the floor down below.  Jessica released Yuri and allowed the tanned girl to survey the room.

So this is how she spotted me.

"Really cool place. I like it. I should come to the VIPs next time I come here. And I especially like the window. Is this where you were spying on me?" Yuri pointed to the double sided mirror glass.

"I wasn't spying on you. You were just let's say, popping out from the crowd", Jessica daintily sat on the couch and sipped on her glass of Martini.

Yuri chuckled at Jessica's comment and she stood in front with her hands in her jean's pockets. "So what are you doing here alone? Where's your friends?"

Jessica did not reply. She tugged on her necklace that had a lotus-shaped pendant and looked absent-mindedly on her drink on top of the table. There was an awkward pause between them and Yuri took it as a hint that Jessica wasn't much into the mood.

"Sorry. Am I making you uncomfortable? I can leave." Yuri said and walked over to the door. The sudden movemnt from Yuri snaped Jessica from her trance.

"Ah. No, Yuri. I'm sorry... Stay. Please."

Yuri sat down next to Jessica and the two ordered a few more drinks. Yuri took in vodka this time while Jessica doused down another glass of dirty Martini. The next hour, they talked about Yuri's dancing career and Jessica lectured Yuri on art and the upcoming gallery she was going to open. They were getting to know more of each other and were like two friends who seemed to have caught up on one another after long years of no contact.

"You sure are one impressive woman, Jessica. I'm glad to know you more as a friend". Yuri complimented the blonde.

Jessica's cheeks flushed into a rosy shade from Yuri's comment and the alcohol. "Thanks Yuri but I actualy admire you more."

Yuri didn't understand whether what Jessica said was purely a praise rather than hinting on something else. Despite her vision being a bit blurry as an effect of the spirits, Yuri caught sight of Jessica's necklace and decided to change the topic. "I like your necklace by the way. Is that some sort of flower?"

Startled by the twist of the topic, Jessica looked down to her chest and fiddled the pendant with her fingers. "Ah. this? Yes. It's a lotus flower and it's a very important necklace for me." Jessica replied and clutched the pendant closer to her heart.

"Can I see it up closer?" Yuri asked as she scooted near Jessica.

"Uhm yeah."

Yuri inspected the pendant by laying it on her palm, her hand slightly grazing on Jessica's skin. The pendant's multiple petals were made out of mother-of-pearl shells which made it shine in the dark.

Yuri's eyes then travelled from the pendant to Jessica's eyes that were staring at her purposely. The tanned girl's gaze then dropped lower from Sica's eyes and she ogled at the soft pursing pink lips. Yuri couldn't think straight anymore and gave in to her desire.

With one sleek move, Yuri crashed her lips into Jessica's.

Jessica closed her eyelids and gripped on the lotus pendant. A tear left the corner of Jessica's  eyes and rolled down her cheeks. Surprisingly, she did not resist the kiss.

Yuri noticed the othe girl's tears and withdrew from the kiss. It must have been Jessica's first kiss with another girl, Yuri thought. Their mouths only a few centimeters apart. She could just leave and apologize but Yuri could not fight the urge anymore.

"Jessica, I'm sorry...but please let me please you..."

Yuri's smooth words and husky voice soothed Jessica's tears. Yuri moved a strand of Jessica's blonde hair from her face. 

Jessica slowly released the pendant from her grip. It has been years since she had kissed another woman. She had her handful of flings but Yuri was an exception. Jessica was captured by a predator and she wasn't resisting the claws. She clenched her fingers into the passionate woman's chin and bussed Yuri on the lips.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------