Officially yours

Devils do cry (Hiatus)

The blue Toyota accelerated its speed over the stretch of Chungdam bridge, overlooking the Han River. Several other vehicles rolled along the highway with it as everyone was trying to rush into the busy streets of Seoul. Yuri, driving one handedly, conversed with someone on the phone using her bluetooth headset.

"Hyo, hey, I know you're in the dance school. Are you sure this would work?" Yuri asked, perplexed while keeping her eyes on the road.

"Yah! Are you really doubting me? And I thought you were the player between the two of us?" a raspy voice on the other end replied.

"Stop calling me player Hyo. I'm not kidding with this girl. Seriously, if you screw this up for me~" Yuri barked into the phone while smoothly changing lanes.

"Uwa! You do really like this girl!" Hyoyeon exclaimed into the speakers.

"Even more than that Hyo. More than that. I Love her." Yuri whispered, gripping unto the steering wheels.

"Hear that Nic-baby, our beloved Yul has finally found her match! Looks like she's caught too!" Hyoyeon exulted to her lover.

"Yah! I'm on speakerphone?" Yuri's brows furrowed as she scolded Hyo on the phone.

"Hi Yuri! We're almost done here. Pallewa!" Nicole's voice greeted in a distance.

"Arasso. Make sure your girl Hyo don't fail in this idea of hers! Or else you'll have to find a new girlfriend." Yuri scowled, trying to scare the blonde choreographer.

"YAH! Yuri-ah! I'm the one helping you here!" Hyoyeon protested.

"Ne. Yuri!" Nicole chuckled from behind.

"Ah. Gotta go. I'll see you guys in a bit!. Annyong." Yuri bid goodbye as she exited the loop on the bridge.

"Booyah!/ Annyong!" Hyoyeon and Nicole shouted their goodbyes at the same time.

*click...end call.

Yuri continued to drive down the road and turned by the curb. A familiar street lay ahead as she tried to find a free parking spot. Luckily, one opened up and she patiently waited until the small SUV retreated from the side of the road. Yuri parked her beloved car and rose from it to view the same building she'd been going to for the past three days. Folding her black vest neatly over rolled up cotton shirt, she secured her top and fixed herself before leaving the sidewalk. She went up the the two-storey building and headed straight to the last room. Once again, Sica's studio door was open and the same clutter of paints, easels, brushes and canvasses sprawled on the floor and furniture.

The tanned girl walked inside and tiptoed over some fabrics and cans of paint, looking around for her beloved blonde painter. Suddenly she heard the gushing flow of water from the distant washroom.

"Sica?" Yuri called out.

"I'll be out in a second!" a tiny mousy voice yelled out despite being mummed from the loud rush of flowing water.

Yuri looked around more in the studio. She wished she could clean some of the mess up but she had heard from other people that sometimes artists like their working area that way since some of their inspirations and creativity could spark from a muddled place. Aside from that, Yuri couldn't dare herself to tidy up the studio since she herself was just plain too scared that she'd get beaten up by Jessica. Thinking about hell Sica breaking loose made Yuri just cower and shudder.

There were more papers this time, comparing it to her last visit, and about five abstract artworks were finished.  All five were now neatly displayed on the east wall. Yuri walked over to one of the tables, right next to an easle, so she could get towards the washroom. However, her attention was suddenly captured by a piece of photograph under some tubes of acrylic paint. Yuri's hands hovered over it and pushed away the short brushes on the side. She lifted the piece of paper up. It was a torn photograph, directly stripped in the middle. She tried to find the other half on the table and under but couldn't see it. She brought the photo back to her face and inspected it closely.

Hmm. Haven't seen this picture before. Wait. Wow. It's Jessica. Man, she looks so pure and innocent here.

It was indeed a picture of Jessica, probably 4 or 5 years ago. She was definitely in her teens in that picture. 

"Yuri? Is that you?" Jessica finally peeked out from the bathroom door, wiping her hands with a blue towel. She was in her simple work clothes, a simple yellow tee under a faded washed denim jacket and matching blue jeans. 

"Ne." Yuri answered back shortly as she quickly slid the torn photo of Jessica into her jean's backpocket. 

A little souvenir for me. Jessica's really pretty in this picture so I get to keep it. She wouldn't mind; she wouldn't even know judging from all this muss.

"Ne, Sica." Yuri repeated then proceeded to scolding the blonde girl. "Sica, you should really break this habit of yours of keeping your studio door open. What if someone comes in and something bad happens here?"

"Hmmpff." Jessica puffed her cheeks at Yuri while she tried to remember where she placed her handbag since she and Yuri were going out. 

"I don't think anyone would try to steal anything from this pile of paint and papers but I'd have to say that person would have a VERY good taste in the Arts." Jessica stated bluntly, trying to joke around and headed straight to a pile of books on a desk. She fished out her handbag from behind the tower of hardbound manuscripts and laid it out in front.

"I'm not referring to your paintings, I'm referring to you. I don't want anything bad to happen to you." Yuri explained further as she watched Jessica absentmindedly "clean" her workspace.

"Arasso. Hmmppff. So strict." Jessica pouted and mumbled.

"Annya. Anyway, you ready?" Yuri asked, a little bit impatient  and annoyed from Jessica's reactions.

"Ne. Where are we going this time?"Jessica exclaimed in a lighter tone seeing that Yuri turned slightly more serious.

"It's a secret."Yuri lightened up as she remembered her little agenda for that day.

The two walked down from the studio and stepped into the blue car. Yuri stepped on the gas and turned by the next block for their next destination. The next fifteen minutes in the car was filled with the occasional updates between each other and the childish jokes that Jessica would bring up once in a while. Both women have been in a great mood and the day was also perfect for them to spend time with each other. Yuri slowed down her car as they approached a hip neighborhood. The car finally came to a halt in front of what looked like an old building turned into a practice studio. At the center of the structure, a huge sign was manually painted with a label, Creative Dance Art Workshop Studio.

"Dancing School? Jessica raised her voice at Yuri as they finally stopped.

"Yep." Yuri replied while unbuckling her seatbelt with one move.

"Yuri-ah. If taking me for dance lessons is what you view as a date, then take me home. I seriously have two left feet!" Jessica complained.

Yuri let out a small laugh and said to Jessica in a tease. "Sica. Just go along with me okay? I won't make you dance hiphop, I promise." 

"Yah, Lily-ah!" The little blonde stomped her feet inside the passenger seat but Yuri urged her to come out.

The two women walked inside the dancing school where a myriad of students were present ranging from old ladies doing dance aerobics to young guys and gals pop and locking to hiphop. Yuri finally stopped in front of one of the studios and faced Jessica. 

"Wait, before we go inside, put this on." Yuri said as she put an eye mask on Jessica's face, covering the petite lady's eyes.

"What's with the blindfold?" Jessica asked curious of the whole set-up.

Yuri snickered a bit and replied. "You'll SEE in a bit."

"Yuri-ah. Hold me, I can't see a thing. If I fall, I'll definitely kick you." Jessica cried out as she was reaching aimlessly in front of her.

"I won't let that happen, unless falling in love is what you mean." Yuri joked as she opened the door to the studio. Quietly and slowly, she led her date partner inside and positioned her right in th middle of the dance floor.

She immediately spotted Hyoyeon and Nicole on the far corner behind a door to a small dressing room connected to the studio. Yuri signalled to them an OK sign. Hyo immediately caught the signal and pressed play on the portable CD player. A soft hum of looped intro beat from Drew's 'Like I always do' started to play throughout the desolate room which made Jessica's brows rise with utmost curiosity.

"I'll be back. Don't take off the blindfold until someone tells you." Yuri whispered to Jessica's ear and moved away to the back of the room, hiding behind a drape of curtains.

"Yuri. What's this game you're playing?" Jessica still complained as she tried to hit Yuri but her move was futile since Yuri had already walked away.

Yuri then sends a thumbs up sign to Hyoyeon and Nicole, which was what the couple have been waiting for ever since Jessica had come into the room.

Hyoyeon stoops down beside a 7-year old kid who was holding on to one stem of white lily.

"C'mon, go to her." Hyoyeon whispered to the boy and prodded him forward. The boy just smiled back in return and nodded. From the dressing room, he went forward to Jessica in small steps. Once he reached Jessica's side, he went and looked back at Hyo, who waved and urged him to go on. The little kid then faced back to the blindfolded lady and tugged on to Jessica's blouse.

"Noona, take your eye cover off." the little boy said meekly as he continued tugging on to the fabric.

"Hmm?" Jessica said as she slowly removed the eye mask. She gasped as she saw the small boy clutching her shirt innocently. Out of nowhere, the kid raised his other hand and handed Jessica the long cut of white flower.

"Noona, for you." The kid blushed as he shook the flower in front of Jessica.

"Ah! Thank you." Jessica replied daintily as she stooped down to receive the gift. Once Jessica took the flower, the little boy ran out of the studio and crashed back to Hyo.

Hyoyeon sent an OK sign to Nicole and the short haired dancer guided another kid into the room. A small girl around 5 years of age in a pink little puffy dress came in and walked towards Jessica. The blonde squealed at the sight of the tiny toddler and squatted on her knee to welcome the kid.

"Unnie...for you." the little princess pouted and held another cut of white lily up to Jessica's face with both hands.

"Kamsamnidaaaa" Jessica playfully replied as she received again another lily.

The little girl then covered her face and pouted. "Unnie..yapeuda."

Jessica laughed sheepishly looking at the cute girl. Timidly, she pinched the cheeks of the young child, who suddenly hugged her and left the room.

The tiny princess in pink hopped towards the exit and almost bumped into two new kids that were holding hands together and were walking in the direction of the blusing blonde. Dressed in similar clothes, Jessica realized that they were fraternal twins and the two kids stopped in front of her.

"Jeshica unnie. Por yooo!" the girl with a gleaming smile held out her hand with yet another white lily.

"Noooonaaaah! Hmppfff." the boy mirrored his sister and handed out the white flower, quite ashamed of what he was doing.

"Oh, thank you." Jessica was more flushed than before as she accepted the two stems. She playfully tapped the nose of the little beaming girl and scruffled the crown of the pouting boy.

Hyoyeon and Nicole were smiling from ear to ear as they saw all of Jessica's reactions. Yuri watched her girl in a distance behind the curtain and was pinching herself to get a hold of reality. The dancer couple then nudged the last bunch of kids that were waiting outside the studio room. A total of eight kids, both girls and boys in their preteens, rushed towards Jessica. The blonde who was greatly surprised with the number of kids wuickly stood up and stepped back. 

"Sica-unnie!!! Sica-noona!!!"

One by one, they all gave Jessica a stalk of the white lilies, accumulating into a bouquet in Jessica's arms. The music suddenly changed as it picked up its beat and the song has skipped into the melody and lyrics. All eight kids backed up and Hyoyeon and Nicole entered the dance floor and gestured Sica to sit down on the chair they brought in. Jesssica, bewildered from the sudden shift, obliged and sat down. Hyoyeon and Nicole then went around the eight kids and they started to pop and lock, dancing to the rhythm of lyrical hiphop. With one beat, all of them danced and swayed with passion while smiling for the blonde. 

Sliding side to side, they moved their bodies smoothly into the melody. Jessica watched the kids and the Hyonic couple in disbelief as they continued to entice the blonde in a special number that was meant only for her. 

So I watch you like a movie
I'll sing you like a song 
Read you like a story 
If it takes me all night long 
Keep you like a secret
I'll tell you like a joke
It's true, It's true
That I'll love you like I always do.

From the curtains, Yuri then popped out and joined the kids in the lyrical hiphop dance. Jessica gasped at the sight of the tanned girl coming up and dancing for her for the first time. Hyo and Nicole exited the 'stage' leaving only Yuri and the kids dancing to the last part of the song. The blonde painter just held her hand in front of as she tried to record every bit of detail of this memory in her mind. Yuri moved to every beat of the bass and looked at Jessica lovingly as she felt every word of the song.

If it takes me all night long 
Keep you like a secret
I'll tell you like a joke
It's true, It's true
That I'll love you like I always do.

love you like I always do....

The last line of the song echoed and the room went silent. The kids finally took a bow and waited for the next thing that would happen, as they all stared at Yuri for her next move. Jessica couldn't even clap after the performance for she was too overwhelmed with the special presentation. Seeing that Jessica was close to tearing up, she walked up to the blonde and asked her to stand up. The tanned girl who was trying to catch up with her breath after the dance number then opened up her vest and exposed her cotton shirt. Jessica, unable to think clearly, glanced from Yuri's face and to dancer's shirt. Printed in bold black letters were the following: 

WYFBMGF?

"What's WYFBMGF?" Jessica muttered, raising her brows, confused.

Yuri took in a deep breath and mustered all her courage before blurting out her question. "Would You Finally Be My Girlfriend..... Sica....?"

The kids behind Yuri squealed at the sudden confession of their unnie to the blonde lady. Hyoyeon and Nicole who ere watching now from the side anxiously waited for Jessica's answer. 

"Yuri...I....wow...moll-----"Jessica uttered in shock, stuttering and shaking.

"Sica, for the past week, I've never been happier. You've made me happy and I wish I could do the same for you exclusively. Not as dating partners. but as a true partner... a couple. Sica, would you let me be the one who can make you happy?" Yuri interrupted Jessica's response as she hurriedly let go of all her emotions, wanting them to become officially partners.

Struggling slightly from shaking involuntarily, Yuri hooked up something from her pocket with her right hand. Without losing any contact with Jessica's stricken eyes, Yuri held out her hand and revealed a couple ring that was meant for her and Jessica to wear.

"Yuri..." Jessica whimpered the girl's name as she stared at the two rings on the tanned girl's palm.

Yuri waited in silence. Not a single word had come out from Jessica at all. Yuri closed her palm and gripped hard on the two metal circles. Jessica's face was a blank and she turned away from the dancer, twisting her torso to retrieve something from her own pocket. The quiet blonde brought out her phone from her jeans and browsed on her messages. Yuri just watched, her heart beating faster in a troubled pace. Jessica still didn't utter a word. 

Jessica finally held out her phone and faced the screen towards Yuri. On the phone was Yuri's very first message that was sent to her. Jessica's thumb slid over the screen and suddenly the message disappered. Jessica deleted the message. Jessica deleted Yuri's heart.

"Hyo-babe, I think we screwed up." Nicole whispered to her lover as they watched Yuri's shoulders slump back.

"Damn. so sorry Yuri." Hyoyeon disappointingly muttered under her breath.

"Why did you delete that Sica? What do you mean by that?" Yuri suddenly cried out as she tried to understand Jessica's actions. Tears were already forming on the corner of her eyes and she was fighting every chance to break down in a sob. Her heart ached like never before and all she wanted to do was hear an explanation, a reason.

Jessica continued to fumble on her phone and finally brought her hand down to her sides while she looked at Yuri with stern eyes.

Yuri's phone beeped implying that a new message has been delivered.

"Check your phone." Sica said, a little bit icy in her tone.

Glowering from disbelief, Yuri quickly takes her phone out and opens up the one message she received.

 

 

To: Kwon Yuri

<3

From: My Sica

 

 

"I'm not keeping your heart anymore."Jessica confessed as her grim lips changed into a smile. "Instead, I want you to keep mine." 

 

Unable to comprehend what just happened, Yuri remained frozen staring at her phone. She was about to burst into tears after she saw what Jessica did to her first text message and now the last statement kept replaying in her ear. 

"Yah. Lily-ah. Are you just going to stare blankly in space? Or are you gonna put that ring on my finger?" Jessica waggishly nudged the awe-strickened partner.

"Jessica, why did you do that?" Yuri cried queroulously, her mixed emotions settling down and realizing that Jessica wanted her all along.

"I love you Yuri." Jessica said, finally responding to Yuri's confession.

The Hyonic couple felt like they were about to die. They were already expecting for the worst and suddenly, a mighty reversal took place.

"I guess it worked Hyo-baby." Nicole said softly while patting her partner at her back.

Hyoyeon just scoffed in reply. "Ha. yeah, i guess it DID work. Hahaha. Wow. I'm really working out my cupid skills these days but that Jessica is something."

Yuri picked up one of the smaller rings from her palm and put in Jessica's ring finger. Jessica then took the other and slid it on Yuri's. Unable to contain her happiness any longer, Yuri picked up Jessica and kissed her on the lips. She was bursting from emotions, all filled with love and compassion for the first single person that made her want to give up everything and make her protect her. Jessica also kissed back, clasping Yuri's cheek as she steadied her lover's head. She has ultimately moved on from her past. The lotus in her heart had already wilted and lieu, a beautiful lily has bloomed.

"AAAAAAHHHHHHH! Unnie kissed her!" the small girls squealed while most of the boys snickered.

"YAH! Yuri-ah! The kids!" Hyoyeon scolded Yuri instantly.

Jessica quickly pulled away from the kiss, remembering that they were young unadulterated minds present in the room. Nicole suddenly rushed to the children and made them turn around. Yuri just smiled at their tiny blooper in front of the kids and apologized to Hyoyeon who was mouthing words like a termagant.

"Sica." Yuri whispered as she faced Jessica once more. "I love you."

"Love you too." Jessica answered back with affection.

"I'm officially yours."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------