Eyes or lips?

Devils do cry (Hiatus)

"I'll have a cup of Americano please", Yuri said to the waiter.

"I'll have my usual", Jessica added.

The waiter nodded at Jessica and left the two at the table inside the cafe. The shop was peculiar in its design. It looked like a large scale doll house. All the decors were made to resemble handcrafted toys and just sitting there makes one think that they themselves are dolls.

"The usual?" Yuri asked with one brow raised. "Does that mean you come here often drinking coffee with lots of other customers? Guys perhaps?"

Jessica chuckled softly. "Silly. I don't come out with my customers. I just come here most of the time alone. I usually visit this place when I need to think, relax and need inspiration to paint."

"You paint?"

"Yes. I do oil and acrylic paintings like the pieces you saw earlier, the flowers series. I'm one of the featured artists in that gallery if you weren't aware."

Yuri was surprised and embarrased at the same time for not noticing it earlier. 

"Why are you suprised?", Jessica pursed her lips. "Hmm..I guess my name's not really that well-known yet in the art gallery."

"Anniyo. It's not like that. I mean, I don't really know much about art really. It's just that you're really pretty and thought you were more into modelling or something else. I wasn't expecting that you were an artist. I kind of thought painters were more grungy and weird...I mean...weird in a good way...aish...ugh...I'm sorry. No offense."

Jessica's lips curved into a smile again. "You're really funny. Don't mind it, none taken. However, you actually kind-of guessed it right. I acted a few years back but have fallen in love with painting so I'm putting my acting on hold."

Yuri just couldn't stop staring at Jessica's lips while she was talking. "Painting must be really lucky."

"Hmm...why?"

"Since you've fallen in love with it."

Jessica chuckled again at Yuri's smooth talk. "Ah...well, art can be an easy field to fall in love with. Anyway, enough about me. So what do you do Miss Lily?"

Yuri sat back grinning, trying to play coy. She was amused that Jessica called her with a nickname instead of her true name.

"You guess."

Jessica pouted her lips. Yuri gawked at Jessica's lips again. God those lips! They've been teasing me all this time!

"Are you an athlete?"

"Athlete? Hmmm...Why do you think so?"

"Well, you really have a great body", Jessica said as she eyed Yuri's well-toned frame. "You look like a professional swimmer to me."

Yuri blushed as she heard Jessica complimenting her body. "Thanks but I'm actually a choreographer. A dancer by profession."

"Dancer...nice. so you perform well. Maybe, you should teach me some of your moves some time"

"Huh?" Yuri was somehow surprised at how straightforward this princess could be. Is she insinuating something? But she doesn't really seem to send signals. She might not be like me. She might just be really friendly.

Suddenly, the atmosphere felt awkward.Yuri was about to ask Jessica but was interrupted by the waiter coming in with their orders. Both of them stayed quiet for a while as they each took their drinks, waiting for an opportunity to start a conversation again.

Jessica took a sip of her peppermint tea and glanced at the handbook beside Yuri's hand on the table.

"Omona. I think you spilled coffee on your little book."

Yuri's gaze darted to the white soft bound book beside her and instantly covered it with her hand.

"Ah yeah. It's actually not mine. It's from my friend" Yuri lied.

Right then, Yuri remembered Stephanie's crescent moon eyes that melted her heart from anger just that morning. It made her heart flutter just remembering those pair of chinks. However, she also glimmed at the person in front of her who was sipping her tea.

Yuri was confused. Now her heart's torn in two. Who makes her heart flutter more? The eyes or the lips?

"Oh. You're referring to the friend you wanted a painting for, am i right", Jessica asked, curious to hear Yuri's reply.

"No..I mean...yeah sure." Yuri stammered again. She was somehow lost but her heart was starting to race again once she stared into Jessica's small face.

Jessica chuckled once more. "That's so cute."

"Huh?"

"I said you're so cute"

Yuri blushed again so she picked up her cup of coffee in an attempt to cool herself off somehow. They continued their conversation and they pretty much hurdled over some awkwardness. Time passed by quickly as they finished their coffee and tea.

"I'm sorry Yuri but I have to go. They might be looking for me in the gallery. I have to get back". Jessica apologized as she grabbed her purse to get her wallet.

"No. Please. Let me pay for this. I was the one who invited you for coffee."

"But--"

"Please don't object. It's nice to meet someone really nice. I was hoping this could start us as friends". Yuri pleaded with her hands and puppy dog eyes, making Jessica laugh shyly again.

"Arasso. Thank you." Jessica said."I'll get your tab next time."

"Next time?" Yuri asked.

Jessica simply smiled and nodded while looking away blushing. Yuri still couldn't figure out whether Jessica was just being friendly or was actually interested with her but again, yuri was just glad she had spent time gettig to know the ice-like princess.

Yuri paid for the drinks and they walked out of the cafe. Yuri held the door for Jessica and they both came out unto the sidewalk. They still chatted as they strolled back to the gallery. Once inside, they stood before each other near the front desk. The receptionists at the gallery noticed that Jessica came back with the hot-looking femme and Jessica just smiled at the receptionists, knowing that they were admiring the girl behind her.

Jessica turned to one of the receptionists and asked. "Mikyung-ssi, did you do what I requested you earlier?" 

"Yes, Ms. Jung". She came out to Jessica and handed here a small rectangular package wrapped in brown paper.

"Thank you Mikyung-ssi".

The receptionist bowed back and returned to her post.

Jessica faced Yuri again. "This is for you. It's a gift." She handed the package to Yuri.

Yuri was very much surprised with the present. "Why thank you. I'm sorry I have nothing to give you back."

"Open it." Jessica nudged Yuri.

Yuri unwrapped the package before her and she was incredibly touched. It was the painting with the lilies.

"Are you sure you're giving this to me? We just met like an hour ago."

"Yes. Take it. It's my way of saying thank you for appreciating my work", Jessica said as she drew circles on the floor with her foot. "I'm not really sure why but I feel like you're really a nice person that's why i gave it to you. If you don't like it, well, you can give it to your friend."

"Thank you Jessica". Yuri said, still overwhelmed by Jessica's present. "And I assure you, I won't give it to my friend."

Jessica's cheeks turned rosy pink as she hugged herself in delight. "That's good to know that you like it. By the way, you can refer to me as Sica. Most Koreans find it hard to pronounce my name at times. It'll be easier for you. Well, I have to go. I had a nice chat with you Yuri. Thanks for the tea."

"Oh. Ok. Sica it is then. But before you leave, could you somehow lend me your phone?"

"Hmm?"

"Just trust me Sica."

Jessica was baffled but she took her phone out of her purse and gave it to Yuri. Yuri punched in the numbers and pressed call.

~Let me see y'all 1, 2 step I love it y'all 1, 2 step 

Yuri then brought out her ringing phone and ended the call. She went back typing something on Jessica's phone and then handed it back to her.

 "I enjoyed your company very much Sica. I hope we could do this in another time again. Like good friends."

"Sure. Just come by the gallery if you wish to see me."

They both said goodbye to each other and Yuri left the gallery. Right about the time Yuri disappeared into the streets, Jessica's phone beeped.

She unlocked her phone and checked the incoming message.

To: Jessica Jung

<3

From: Kwon Yuri a.k.a. Miss Lily

Jessica smiled while looking at the phone screen and slowly giggled. "Heart...How cute Ms. Lily-ah."

-------------------------------------------

Yuri got in her car and placed the painting next to her on the passenger seat. She touched the painting and felt her heart flutter again. 

Jessica Jung.

Sica....

Ah. Yuri-ah! Your heart has never skipped beats like this before! And that stunt you did was all too cheesy! I hope she likes me. Although I'm still unsure whether she dids girls like me. It would really be embarassing if she didn't.

Aishhhhhh....

Just then Yuri's phone rang again. She quickly fished out her phone from her bag hoping it was Jessica calling her back after she pulled that smooth move to get her number.

She  looked at her phone caller ID and her bubble of hope bursted. She answered the call.

"Oh it's just you Taengoo. Are you done?" Yuri greeted in a deflated manner.

"What's with 'oh it's JUST you Taengoo..' ? Are you not happy to hear from me?" Taeyeon piped up.

"Oh no. I'm devastated. I'm SO not happy to hear from you..." Yuri said sarcastically. "Alright midget, should I pick you up at SMent now?"

"Shut up Yuri-ah. Not in the mood. Pick me up at KMRock radio station." Taeyeon's voice was quite gloomy even through the phone.

"Eh? What happened? Why do you sound like you just lost the Daesang award?" Yuri inquired, pulling her seatbelt across her chest.

"Just hurry up and pick me up. I'll explain later." Taeyeon's voice clearly smeared with impatience.

"Tell me what happened first" Yuri pushed. 

"Aish. Yuri-ah." Taeyeon paused and confessed through gritted teeth. "Fine...My new manager ditched me...Now, come here and get me."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------