Danshin duo

Devils do cry (Hiatus)

 

"Taetae"

"Hmm?" Taeyeon, head bent over work, replied instantly after hearing her nickname. She was back again in the recording studio continuing her work on the ballad that she just can't seem to finish up. Tiffany went inside the studio to simply check up on Taeyeon since she had been in constant errands between the CEO's secretary and the previous producer of Taeyeon's concert.

"Guess what?" Tiffany prodded on the hallyu star who was deep in concentration on her music sheet, biting her lower lip as if she was taking an entrance exam to a university.

Using the tip of her pencil, she erased some notes again on the staves and questioned Tiffany in a slightly irritated but teasing manner."What is it Manager Hwang?"

"Yah. Why d you still call me that way?" Tiffany scolded gently, setting into a vacant swivel chair and playfully bumping the seat to Tayeon's. The little clash between the chairs forced Taeyeon's hand to skid through her music sheet, leaving a trail of lead over the staves. Her manager didn't notice what she did and Taeyeon rolled her eyes at the ruined draft. Back then, anyone who dared disturb Taeyeon in her musical mood would definitely get a litany and would be kicked out of the studio without remorse but since it was Tiffany, Taeyeon regained her composure and let the little accident slip off.

"Tae?" Tiffany asked, noticing that her lover was not responding as she wished she would.

"Wae? We're at work..." Taeyeon replied, not looking back and recopying what she had already written from the scratched sheet into a new one. Tiffany let out a sigh that was audible enough and caught Taeyeon's attention. 

Taeyeon looked up from her papers and saw that Tiffany was somehow slumped in her own seat. "Ahh. I'm sorry. I just get a bit cranky when I can't write music. What is it Tiffany?"

"No. I'm sorry. I knew you were writing but I wanted to just inform you about something." Tiffany apologized although a tinge of sadness overlapped her husky voice.

Taeyeon's heart was gripped with guilt. She then remembered what Yuri said. She should treat Tiffany better. As of now, Taeyeon has noone else in her heart but her manager. All the distractions were just in her head. Taeyeon dropped her pencil on the music sheets and swiveled her own chair to face her lover and grabbed on to Tiffany's hand softly. "It's noone's fault, okay? I'm sorry if I haven't been paying attention to you. It's just that I want to fit in as much time into doing music as to doing all my other schedules. This management is just killing me with work."

"Well, that's what you get for being too famous." Tiffany remarked which slightly offended Taeyeon although the latter knew that the brunette was just making a joke about it. "Anyway, I just got news from secretary Park. We'll have you on a special concert to Japan in less than 2 months also. We'll be picking up numbers from the last concert from which you will perform."

"Japan? We're going to Japan?" Taeyeon raised her brows and somehow looked back into her memory of her past concerts. "The last time I went there was last year. So are we going alone?"

"Deng! Wrong. The CEO said you're not going to have the concert there alone. It seems like other SM artists are going too." Tiffany reported.

"What? Why?"." Taeyeon said. She had not been well known to easily adapt with performing with other people in a concert however her last one just disproved it. If she was going to work with her friends and Tiffany again, it wouldn't matter. It'll be probably just a couple of other hoobae groups and of course, the first hallyu star BoA. Taeyeon slipped into deep thought and started unliking the idea however she kept her positivity towards Tiffany and just pouted.

Tiffany gave Taeyeon her eye-smile and playfully switched into the japanese language in order to entertain the hallyu star. "Ohayou gozaimasu! Watashi wa no namae Tiffany desu!"

Tiffany introduced herself complete with aegyo and a bow which made Taeyeon stifle a laugh. The cuteness was so hard to resist and even though she was in a bad mood all day writing songs or dealing with her schedule, a random act like that from her lover easily took the frustrations away. "Tiffany kawaii."

"Kawaii...Oh? Really? Hmm..how about this? Aishteru Taeyeon-sama." Tiffany added more aegyo and clumped her fists to her cheeks. Taeyeon couldn't hold in any longer and gave out a loud ahjumma laugh, holding her belly. Tiffany pouted at Taeyeon's reactions until the latter was able to breathe back normally.

"Watashi mo aishtemasu Tiffany."Taeyeon said back, impressing her manager. 

"Oooh. you're good!" Tiffany complimented then she turned up the challenge for Taeyeon a notch higher. "OK, let's try English!"

"I...rove you bery much?." Taeyeon mumbled, struggling to wrap her tongue over the words that were too foreign, although her pronunciation wasn't as bad as the other Korean native speakers.

"Not bad. Looks like you need just a little practice." Tiffany lauded, clapping her hands swiftly.

"Soo...I mean a friend of mine taught me before." Taeyeon mentioned, remembering again the person who left her, the person who was on her heart before Tiffany came in and filled the blank space. Taeyeon brushed the image of Sooyeon from her head and focused on the person before her.

"Gure? This time, I'll be the one who'll be teaching you." Tiffany said, giving Taeyeon her most charming eye-smile hoping it was more than enough to allure the inner byuntae from the hallyu star.

"Shiro." Taeyeon protested, frowning to deceive her lover. She had decided to play along.

"Wae? Why not?" Tiffany started to question, disappointed that Taeyeon objected to her being the English tutor.

Taeyeon couldn't hold her laughter at the sight of Tiffany's disappointed pout. Her manager is just gullible when it came to sensing when Taeyeon had switched to her byun tendencies. "I'd rather learn something else. I prefer another purpose for the tongue."

"Mwo?"

"This~"

Taeyeon leaned in to Tiffany and seized her manager's mouth. Tiffany easily melted into Taeyeon's warm passionate buss. She partly opened and Taeyeon immediately probed inside. Tiffany started to moan and Taeyeon couln't help herself but bring her hand up to Tiffany's chest. She d over the brunette's mounds and gave it a hard squeeze, catching Tiffany off guard, pushing Taeyeon away on an arm's length.

"Yah. Byuntae, you are seriously gonna get us busted."Tiffany chided as she tried to calm herself from blushing too much.

"Wae? Isn't this what you wanted? Come here Tiffany, I wanna 'talk' more. We haven't done it for quite some time. The last was at Jeju."

"Aish...andwaeee." Tiffany cried out. She wanted to make-out with Taeyeon but doing it in the recording room and inside Sment's building just felt so inappropriate for her. Seeing that Taeyeon wasn't backing down from her sensual assault, Tiffany quickly grabbed the messenger bag right below Taeyeon's feet and threw the whole thing at Taeyeon.

"Yah! Tiffany!!!"

Unable to block the hurled object, Taeyeon massaged her head as the heavy bag now plopped into Taeyeon's lap after hitting her crown."Owww..."

"Tae?! A-A-Are you ok. Mianhe, you're bag was the nearest object. You should have evaded it plus you should stop insinuating such activities when we're at work. It's just wrong." Tiffany worriedly said but also lectured on the hallyu star.

"Hmmpppff...That hurts. I need some medicine." Taeyeon whined, although she was now pretending to be in pain. She closed her eyes and winced.

"Jinja? Mian..." Tiffany felt sorry and started panicking. Hurting Taeyeon physically was not her intention. "Don't move. I'll get you one. There should be some at the reserved clinic. I'll also get you ice for the bump."

Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany's wrist and held Tiffany down her seat. Tiffany, who was about to leave, raised her brows and turned her head back to Taeyeon.

"Shiro. I don't want any ice. I just need medicine. I need my kiss-pirin." With lips pouted forward, Taeyeon raised her brows signalling Tiffany for another peck.

Realizing that Taeyeon was feigning the pain, Tiffany immediately used her index finger to push Taeyeon's forehead and flicked it afterwards. "Heeeeey.Seriously, quit joking around Taetae."

This time Taeyeon wasn't shamming the pain after Tiffany's finger left a red mark on her forehead."Oww..Tiffany?!? Now, that really hurts!"

"Kisspirin...tsk tsk..." Tiffany hissed, crossing her arms and staring at her partner from head to toe. Although it was childish, she was amused by the Taeyeon's play.Unable to resist her lover, Tiffany put down her hands and walked over to Taeyeon. She was about to lean in to her lover to check the reddened forehead but noticed the white handbook that had slipped from the bag into Taeyeon's lap. "Wait, this is my book. I thought Yuri had it? Why do you have it in your bag?"

Taeyeon held her head but replied to Tiffany casually after seeing the book on the floor."Oh, yeah. She meant to return it but she always forgot. So she gave it to me to give to you."

"Gure? I should send her a text to thank her. Thanks for bringing it for me too." Tiffany took the thin book from Taeyeon's lap and inspected the pages, quickly brushing over the leaves like shuffling a deck of cards.

"No problem. I just need a tip though. For delivery service." Taeyeon watched Tiffany browse over the coffee-stained pages and pointed to her lips, raising her brows again. Tiffany looked at Taeyeon with a confused expression and realized once again that Taeyeon wasn't finished with her childish antics.

"You are such a kiss-napper today, aren't you?" Tiffany narrowed her eyes, which turned out to be sultry instead of scary.

"As long as you are my ransom, I wouldn't mind being the bad guy." Taeyeon kidded.

The brunette giggled and playfully slapped Taeyeon's arm with the enchiridion. In the process, something fell from the pages of the book and landed on the floor. Taeyeon noticed the laminated card and picked it up from the ground. "Wait, you dropped something Tiffany."

"Hmm?"

"Pressed flowers?" Taeyeon asked as she inspected the card and recognized the wilted petals that were pasted on the piece of cardboard paper. Some of the color coming off the the petals had smudged into the sheet, yet the artwork was still commendable. 

"Ah. It's a card of pressed flowers that I had laminated. Jessica gave this to me when we were kids. She loves to make these. It's no wonder why she's now in the arts. This used to be pretty but I dropped it in the bathtub one time so it got all soaked up. Good thing the whole thing wasn't ruined totally."Tiffany narrated homely but noticed her lover furrow her brows, as if she was trying to remember something. "Anyway...Tae? Hello? Are you okay?"

"Hmm..Yeah. I...I just knew someone who did the same stuff." Taeyeon said dryly, snapping out from her memory lane once again. 

"Really? Interesting, I thought Jessica was the only one who did such a hobby. This kind of art takes time to do." Tiffany replied back and pondered for a moment. She took the laminated bedecked card and inserted it back into the little book. Seeing that Taeyeon somehow dwindled from her ecstatic nature just a few minutes ago, Tiffany nudged the chestnut-haired gal and thought of giving the hallyu star a break. "Anyway, wanna get some snacks? Ice cream? My treat."

"Okay..." Taeyeon sluggishly replied. Somehow the pressed flowers nagged her in the head.

Displeased with Taeyeon's lethargic response, Tiffany leaned in close and planted a kiss on Taeyeon's cheek, just a few centimeters off the lips.

"What's the kiss for?" Taeyeon asked as she touched her cheek and raised her brow.

"I just thought you might have wanted a little sweet candy before ice cream." Tiffany replied, again, cheering up Taeyeon with her crescent shaped eye- smiles. Taeyeon couldn't help but smile back.

"I think I might have to give up ice cream then. I'd like some more candy please."

Tiffany stood up and chuckled, taking Taeyeon's arm. The hallyu star stood up right next to her manager and picked up the messenger bag from her lap while leaving the rest of her musical tools on the electronic keyboard.

"No more candy until I tell you." Tifany teased, pushing her index finger on her lover's pursed lips. "C'mon Taetae. Let's go."

Taeyeon paused and smiled sheepishly. She always wondered how Tiffany could have a command over her.

"I understand Pany....", the hallyu star mumbled. "Let's go."

--------------------------------

On the third floor of SMent's building, two female figures started bickering. It was somehow a crossfire between a David and Goliath however, David had the honey blonde hair and Goliath was as thin as a matchstick.

"This is totally unfair Sunny-ah!" Sooyoung cried out.

"You already promised Sooyoungie! No going back on your words. A promise is a promise!" Sunny cried back, tiptoeing to somehow match the opponent's height.

Sooyoung slumped her shoulders and tried to reason out more with the shorter gal. She was trying to keep her voice low but her loud voice kept booming on the hallway, catching some of SMent's workers' attention as they walked passed the two. "You totally tricked me! I only agreed to eating out! You used food against me. You got me at my weakness! Where's the justice in that?" 

"Aish. Keep quiet Sooyoungie."Sunny scolded and jumped, hooking her arm over Sooyoung's neck and bringing the giant low, arching her back. Sunny then cupped Sooyoung's mouth and silenced the towering gal. "Follow me"

"Sunny! MMMhskahdgasjh" Sooyoung protested, flailing her arms. Although she was taller than Sunny, she was severely weaker and inferior. The grip Sunny had around her neck was impossible to break.

"Aish. Such a loud mouth. Stoop lower, you're too tall." Sunny commanded, smirking as she dragged the skinny titan.

"Magdhgshgdjhsas"

Sooyoung couldn't resist and lifelessly followed Sunny to where she was dragging her. They finally stopped in front of a small room that appeared to contain another booth inside. Unable to see the label of the room, Sooyoung was pushed inside by Sunny. 

"Jajan!" Sunny exclaimed, spreading her short limbs up in the air and waving her wrists like pompoms.

"Where the heck are we Sunny?" Sooyoung inquired bitterly as soon as Sunny's hand slipped off . She surveyed the brightly lit room and saw in the distance a recording booth and a dashboard complete with monitors, mixers and band instruments. She rarely stepped into a recording studio, much more into a heavily equipped entertainment company-owned one.

"Wait! Uwaaa! This is the recording studio?"

"ONE of the recording studios. There's another two at the end of the hall. This is the smallest one" Sunny proudly informed Sooyoung, who was still astounded with the latest devices used for creating music. They walked forward into the dashboard of controller pads and Sooyoung's hands hovered over them like she was touching an expensive piece of silk. Suddenly, a female, who was about in her late thirties, walked out of the recording booth with a huge set of headphones lodged around her neck. She was surprised to see people enter the recording studio without prior notification.

Sunny looked up to the older female now facing her and Sooyoung was in a startled demeanor. Although she staggered for a bit, Sunny immediately bowed down in greeting as she recognized the lady. "Umm..Annyong...Annyonghaseyo...Hyun Jenny-ssi."

Jenny lifted a finger to and scrunched her forehead. She peeked into the shorter female's face and blurted as soon as she had a hunch."Soonkyu? Lee Soonkyu?"

Sunny smiled back and brought out her hand. "Ah. Ne. Jenny-unnie! How are you? I didn't know you were here."

"I'm working on some music for SJ." Jenny took the hand but instead of shaking it, she pulled Sunny into a hug and patted the young girl's back. "I thought you were in Japan? How long has it been? 2? no, 3 years? Soonkyu, you shortie!" 

Sunny chuckled at the Jenny-unnie had just said and replied back while still in embrace. "I was. I've been gone for about 3 years but I'm back to become a hallyu star. I'm called Sunny now and quit calling me shortie."

Jenny peeled herself off and braced both Sunny's shoulders, inspecting the once trainee who she helped in vocal classes. "Oh, so you're the one they say who's gonna debut! Cool name! It matches your bright and cheery personality. Chukahamnida!!! Yah! You should treat me for a meal after your debut. Aish. Now I feel so old seeing BoA, Taeyeon and now you to debut. Anyhow, I'm happy you're back!"  

"Gomawoyo unnie."

Jenny backed her way and sat by the mixing consoles and synthesizers. She grabbed one of the CDs that were stacked like a tower on one of her workstations and looked back at the previous trainee. "By the way, I got to listen to your draft single. That was impressive. And also the other tracks that Manager Chilmoo gave me. Did you write them? You've got some skills!" 

"Anni. Just part of it."Sunny replied back, surprised that Jenny had personally listened to the single. Not taking the full credit and remembering that she did not come into the recoding studio alone, Sunny called on to the taller girl that was behind her. "Sooyoung, come here."

Sooyoung remained frozen the whole time Sunny and Jenny were conversing. She was in a state of shock, starstruck specifically, as she was face to face with one of SMent's top record producer. "Ah..ughm...annyonghaseyo. Choi Sooyoung imnida. It's nice to meet you Ms. Hyun."

"Jenny-unnie. Sooyoung here made the songs." Sunny boldly bragged while grabbing Sooyoung's arm.

"Oh. Is that so? Well, great job Sooyoung. I'm really impressed. Say, why don't we collaborate on a song next time." Jenny plopped from the workstation and tucked her hands inside her jeans pockets while beaming at the tallest girl in the room.

"I--I--I"

Sooyoung stammered since she was too overwhelmed to give a proper response. Seeing that the giant was lost for words, Sunny pinched Sooyoung on her forearm which earned a growl and a glare from the towering female. "Oww..Sunny, why'd you do that for?" 

"Jenny-unnie. Sooyoung would love it. I think she'd join SMent for sure." Sunny vouched for Sooyoung.

"That'll be great! We need more talents like you Sooyoung. I'm really looking forward with working with you for Soon..I mean Sunny's album. I hope you'd be happy that we'd work well together. And call me your unnie. I'd like us to be friends. Songwriters have to stick together." Jenny exclaimed, bringing out one of he rhands and offered a handshake to Sooyoung.

Although she was obviously shaking, Sooyoung grabbed Jenny's hand and bowed in gratitude. "Ah...Kam..kamsamnida Jenny-unnie. I'm honored."

"We'll get going unnie. Sorry for disturbing you." Sunny cut in. She realized that she and Sooyoung might have interfered with the composer's work for that morning.

Jenny let go of Sooyoung's hand and lifted the headphone back into her head. While walking back to the isolation booth, Jenny replied. "Not at all Soonkyu...I mean..Sunny. Ah, I'll have to get used to your name. Anyway, we'll see each other next week for a trial recording, okay? Make sure your manager or whoever does your schedules remind you about it."

"Ah, Jinjayo? I'll keep that in mind unnie. Annyong."Sunny said back and waved goodbye which was reciprocated by Jenny before she disappeared back into the booth. Sunny dragged Sooyoung back out into the hallway and stopped abruptly just to talk and awaken the giant from what seemed to be her dream. "Yah. Sooyoungie, remember that ok?"

"Was that really Hyun Jenny? She'd been writing for SMent for years. All those hits. She's amazing!" Sooyoung murmurred, still in a trance.

"And you'll be working with her on my album..."

"Cheongmal?"

Sunny was amazed that Sooyoung was suddenly excited with the news but the blonde shortie immediately reminded her the conditions of working with the reknowned composer. "That is IF you agree to become my manager and work also as a composer for SMent!"

Sooyoung was laready more than convinced to work for SMent as a composer but she still resisted on the coupled job. "Yah. Why can't I just be a songwriter? Why do I have to manage you at the same time?"

"Coz I don't want anyone else to handle my time except for you. C'mon Sooyoungie. You already took care of me while we were in Japan. This time, take care of me in Korea. I promise, I'll be a good artist." Sunny pouted and rubbed her hands in plea, accompanied with aegyo.

"Aish. You already gave me headaches back there. Why should I do that now?" Sooyoung replied while rolling her eyes.

Sunny suddenly hugged Sooyoung, arms included, enveloping the shiksin like a rubber band on a pole.

"Coz I'm your little Sunny Bunny!" Sunny squealed. 

Sooyoung couldn't believe that Sunny was hugging her tightly and slowly her body temperature had risen. In order to hide her uneasiness, Sooyoung teased the shortie."You do remember you're older than me Soonkyu... Aigoo. Just admit it that you can't live without me."

Sunny nuzzled into Sooyoung's chest and stayed there in the warmth of the giant's torso. She replied softly to Sooyoung. "Well, I don't think I can Sooyoungie."

"S-S-Sunny..."

The tall girl's knees were starting to give in and she couldn't wish for anything else but for time to stop and let her be with Sunny in that moment. She was about to wrap her arms around Sunny in return but a sudden intrusion forced her to keep her arms on her sides.

"Ms. Sunny? Sunny-yang?"

"Huh?"

Sunny pulled away from her wrap around Sooyoung and turned her head towards the person who called her.

"It is you. Remember me?"

Sunny squinted her eyes and refreshed her memory of the voluptuous brunette that was a few feet away from her and Sooyoung. "Ah. Yes. Tiffany-ssi. I mean, Manager Hwang."

"I'm glad you remember. Are you here to see the CEO again?" Tiffany asked, giving her signature eye-smile.

"Anni. I was going over the recording studios." Sunny replied and distanced herself a step away from Sooyoung, which had sunken the tall gal's heart.

"Oh, so you are an SMent artist?" Tiffany inquired and clapped her hands together. 

Sunny straightened her back and confidently answered Tiffany's inquiry. "Soon to be one."

"Manager Hwang, I thought we were going to get some ice cream? I need my ice cream or else I'll snatch more of those candi-------"

"Yah. Tae, shush..." Tiffany interfered Taeyeon's sentence as jumped at the sudden mention of her playful tease.

Taeyeon glanced at Tiffany, about to laugh, but two other figures caught her attention from the periphery. She swiveled her upper body and faced the all the other females at the hallway and she recognized the shortest to be her bestfriend for more than seven years, the person who she trained with and the girl who left her somehow on the days she needed her the most after her heartbreak.

"Soo..........Soonkyu..."

"Taeyeon..." the halyu star's name escaped Sunny's mouth as she stood congealed in her spot. Sooyoung immediately realized who the person was and her heart squeezed tighter seeing the person that Sunny had long adored. Tiffany, on the other hand, remained unaware of the relations between her client and the new artist although the sound of the uttered name rang a bell in her ears.

"Soonkyu...you're here.....?"

"Taeyeon, let me explain first. Hear me out. I'm sorry I left. I gave up on our dream. I gave up on you. I gave up on being a hallyu star." Sunny expressed her distress and tears started to well in her eyes. She took a few steps forward and Sooyoung stared at the blonde gal walk away from her.  Although Sooyoung wanted to stop Sunny, her body didn't follow her brain. "I'm sorry Tae. Mianhe Jumtaeng..."

"Soonkyu..."

Sunny made a dash and hugged Taeyeon, squeezing the life out of the hallyu star. Ironically, Taeyeon didn't feel anger. Sunny left her as a friend just because of a lame excuse of not being a hallyu star. Sunny fled from her side when she was in dire need of a companion. Sunny walked out on her and now she was back. All these thoughts ran through her head but everything flew out the window as her friend came back and hugged her again like the old times.

"I'm sorry JUMTAENG. I'm really really sorry." Soonkyu cried out as her tears rolled down from her eyes to her cheeks. 

It took a while for Taeyeon to realize how sincerely apologetic Sunny was. All three years, she held her anger yet this moment somehow washed the hurt away. It was enough that she had lost someone in her heart. Taeyeon wasn't going to let her friend slip away again.

"Danshin..." Taeyeon whispered near Sunny's ear.

Sunny pulled off from her embrace and faced Taeyeon with a confused look, unable to comprehend Taeyeon's words. "Huh?"

Taeyeon heaved a heavy sigh and a tear also rolled down her face. She was crying as she faced her long lost friend. "Soonkyu, you danshin!"

Baffled for a few more seconds, Sunny tried to read Taeyeon's odd reaction and she realized that Taeyeon had smiled even though tears were flowing. Taeyeon missed her and Sunny knew just how to respond."Yah. you're a danshin yourself."

"Soonkyu..."Taeyeon hugged Sunny this time and whispered amidst sobs."Why the hell did you leave me 3 years ago. Didn't our friendship mean anything to you?"

"Friends?...I..I...I told you I'm sorry. I...I was confused. I thought I couldn't make it. I wanted to be a hallyu star like you too." Sunny said stammering while brushing the chestnut-haired locks. Her heart sank upon hearing that Taeyeon still thought of her that way. Nevertheless, Sunny brushed the thuought and only hoped she could change Taeyeon's thoughts this time.

Taeyeon moved back a step and nudged the other shortie's shoulder. "Yah. Pabo. You were going to make it. You just needed time."

"I know. That's why I'm back. I'm going to be like you and BoA-unnie. I'll debut as SMent's new artist. We'll be back together now Jumtaeng." Sunny wiped the tears that had smeared Taeyeon's cheek. Tiffany looked at how Sunny lovingly caressed Taeyeon's face but she diregarded any tinge of jealousy that she was starting to feel. Sooyoung, on the contrary, looked down in defeat as the two had reunited together as friends. Maybe even more than friends.

"I'm going to be hallyu star Jumtaeng!"

Taeyeon's brows went a notch higher after hearing Sunny's news. Even though it was their dream together when they were younger, she somehow hesitated whether Sunny would like to go through the same harsh road she and BoA went through. "But Soonkyu..." 

Sunny could see through Taeyeon's mind like glass and she could see doubt. All those years together, she just knew how Taeyeon would react in many ways and Sunny mean to show her this time that she has changed and she was serious. "Don't call me Soonkyu anymore Jumtaeng. That name's too old fashioned...I'm Sunny. Call me Sunny."

"Sunny? Lee Sunny...but I like Soonkyu better."

"The old average Soonkyu is gone. Sunny is much better... wiser, prettier...taller."

Sunny clutched to Taeyeon's hands and swung the hallyu star's arms playfully, like the way they used to when they were still trainees.

Taeyeon broke off from one of the links and ruffled the honey lemon hair. The hallyu star sighed and teased Sunny like she used to do. "Crazy kid. You're still short!"

"Yah. Same to you. And you're still an ahjumma." Sunny poked Taeyeon's cheek.

"Ehem..Ehem...Tae?" Tiffany deliberately cleared , pausing Sunny in her kittenish play.  She was overwhelmed with the revelation that unfolded before her. She had meant to interrupt the conversation earlier but she had never seen Taeyeon react that way before. It would have been rash of her to come in between the patching up of two long distanced friends. Yet, somehow a tad of jealousy swirled inside her heart as Sunny came in contact with her Taetae, her artist, her lover, her girlfriend.

"Oh! Oh yeah. Manager Hwang, I mean Tiffany...meet my old friend...Soonkyu...Sunny..aish..whatever!" Taeyeon introduced Sunny after being seemingly lost in her unbelievable reunion.

"We've actually met. So Sunny here is one of your old friends that you mentioned to me last time?" Tiffany managed to smile.

"Yeah. I told you I was a trainee back with BoA and her. She had been a really close friend."Taeyeon said as she recalled telling Tiffany about her training days when they both had the picnic under the stars. Taeyeon had totally dried up her tears and even though she had just sobbed like a kid, she still was able to pull off another tease at Sunny. "until she deliberately left me."

"Yah. I told you I'm sorry. And I'm gonna make it up to you. We'll be hallyu idols together. Danshin Duo, remember?" Sunny waggishly chided, hitting Taeyeon again on her arm before linking close together as if she meant to compare heights but in the eyes of Tiffany and Sooyoung, it seemed like something else was between them.

"Aish. Stop calling us that. It's embarassing and degrading you know." Taeyeon pouted.

"As long as I have you as the partner, I wouldn't mind." Sunny mumbled and laid her head on Taeyeon's shoulder while her arm was stilll coupled with Taeyeon's.

The hallyu star didn't see any malice in Sunny's words and actions and simply patted the golden bobcut head and sfter a few seconds, Taeyeon moved away to check out the tall girl that was in a distance behind Sunny. "Same old Soonkyu I know. Anyway, who's with you?"

"Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. I was too overwhelmed after seeing you."Sunny stepped aside and gestured towards Sooyoung. the tall girl flinched after Sunny said that she almost forgot about her but Sooyoung kept her cool and walked forward, towering over the two shorties."This is a good friend of mine. She was the one person who took care of me when I was in Japan. She's also a great artist, although she does most of the songwriting."

"Annyonghaseyo. Choi Sooyoung imnida." Sooyoung introduced herself to Taeyeon and glanced at Tiffany, slightly bowing out of tradition.

"So you write? Nice to meet you."Taeyeon said and raised her hand to get a hanshake but Sooyoung deliberately ignored it. Unable to get a response, Taeyeon brought her hand down and continued being surprisingly friendly. "I'm also in the middle of creating a song. Why don't you join SMent? As an artist or composer? That way we can work together."

"She will but only if she's going to be my manager too." Sunny said, making all three shorter heads look up to Sooyoung.

"Manager? That's gonna be a tough one for you Sooyoung-ssi. This little danshin here has been the toughest person I've dealt with when we were kids. I think you should think twice before managing Soonkyu." Taeyeon teased as she tried to break through Sooyoung but her joke only resulted to more skinship between her and Sunny. 

Sooyoung couldn't take it anymore, blurting out her decision without taking another second to think twice/"It's Sunny. She's Sunny. She's no longer Soonkyu. And I am going to manage her."

"Huh? Jinja? You really will Sooyoung?" Sunny exclaimed. She couldn't believe that her close friend and assistant for three years finally agreed even though earlier that day, Sooyoung had no intention of doing it.

"Ne."

Tiffany looked at Sooyoung and smiled. I guess she's not the nly one who'll handle a shortie. Breaking the conversation and also diverting the attention from Sunny, Tiffany spoke to Taeyeon with a tease. "Speak for yourself Taetae. You were and still is tough to handle!"

Taeyeon raised her brow and broke free from Sunny. She then took one of Tiffany's hand and squeezed it. "Yeah sure, but you knew how to tame me."

"Ehem..." Tiffany cleared as blood rushed through her cheeks. She didn't expect Taeyeon to be so bold about them before a set of strangers. Sooyoung ignored it but Sunny noticed and she felt her chest tighten a bit after seeing that kind of affection from Taeyeon.

"Soonkyu, care to join me and my manager for ice cream. We should catch up. You owe me an explanation, you know that. Sooyoung, you better come too, since you're now the manager." Taeyeon said, letting go of Tiffany's hand and swinging her bag to her side.

"But----" Sooyoung was about to object but Sunny had cut in before she was able to utter another word.

"Just like old times Jumtaeng...I guess you haven't changed your ice cream addiction." Sunny agreed and poked Taeyeon again on her cheeks.

"So is that a yes?" Taeyeon beamed.

"Of course...danshin duo now and forever."

Sooyoung was only able to breath a heavy sigh while Tiffany managed to smile. Sure, they were happy that the two 'bestfrends' have met and forgiven each other but somehow a part of them felt uneasy about the unexpected meeting.

Sunny...Soonkyu...she's just a friend Tiffany. There's nothing to worry about. You should learn to trust Taeyeon so stop being so selfish. 

I don't know if agreeing to be your manager will do me good but I can't just let you be alone Sunny. I know you'll get hurt and I can't take another three years of seeing you suffering. I hope you realize that...Soonkyu.

Thoughts ran through the heads of the two managers as they walked off the hallway with the danshin duo who were trotting hand in hand. They were chatting and reminiscing old times while Tiffany and Sooyoung watched the two in silence. Inside one of three recording studios, a figure had been watching everything from the start and her teeth gritted as she moved her gaze from the four women that passed by.

. I didn't expect this to happen. Sunny better keep her word or my plan shall fall to pieces. ! This is not good. Not good at all! Taeyeon can't be happy! She doesn't deserve to be happy! I'll crush you Taeyeon, and I'll let you bring down Soonkyu with you. I have to make my move. Damn it!

BoA pressed her back against the wall inside the studio and fumbled through the items in her clutch bag. She finally grabbed her phone and pressed 1 for speed dial.

"Yoboseyo? Chilmoo-oppa?"

"Ne. What is it BoA-ssi?"

"It's time to get those pictures out. Release the pics anonymously to the press."

"Are you sure BoA? I thought you were planning to use Soonkyu instead?"

"Taeyeon and Soonkyu have just met. I've got no choice. Get the pictures out."

"But BoA-ssi..."

"I said get the pictures out."

"Can't we---?"

"Now oppa. Now!"

"Ne. algesumnida..."

=======================================================================================================

Sunny and Tae have crossed paths and now they're back to being friends...or is it just going to be friends? I felt a bit sorry for Tiffany and Sooyoung here but drama has to be drama. And what about BoA? what pics is she talking about?

aaah...i sound like a radio announcer...hope this update stirred your hearts a bit. 

I just wanna say thanks also to the readers and subscribers. I can't believe I already have beyond 250 subs. Nomu kamsamnida yorobun. I hope you guys continue reading and cheering me up in this sort of past time hobby of mine.

will also update 'give me a time machine' so if you want another drama, please do subscribe to that one too. :)

enjoy ^^,