Namsan locks

Devils do cry (Hiatus)

Sooyoung and Sunny walked out of the SMent building in Cheundong while the skies was still unceasingly pouring its tears. Just a few moments ago, Sunny had also shed her fair share. It was tough for the Sooyoung to see Sunny cry but she just remained quiet and lent Sunny her shoulder. Once Sunny had calmed down, they both decided to leave. 

"Ready to go home now Sunny?" Sooyoung asked, stopping in her tracks and inspecting the gentle pour from the heavens. The rain was intermittently slowing down at a turtle's pace.

Sunny followed behind Sooyoung and looked up. She didn't feel like going back home anymore. "Sooyoungie, can we go somewhere high up for a while? Maybe a rooftop or somewhere?"

Sooyoung noticed the quiver still lingering in Sunny's voice. It wasn't hard to guess that Sunny was still deep in thought, being melancholic again. Despite the vertical challenge, Sunny always had this odd behavior of going to high places when she felt like reflecting.

Thinking for a few seconds, Sooyoung sighed and attempted to cheer the other up. 

"High up again huh? Why do you always want to go on such places? What's with you and heights?" Sooyoungie mumbled sarcastically hoping to break the sulky mood coupling with the rueful rain. "Are you really that desperate to grow taller? You won't grow anymore, you know that. Your growing years have stopped when you were twelve."

Silence only answered Sooyoung's banter and the taller girl only managed to let out an awkward laugh.

Sunny glared. Sooyoung always found a way to even though she was at her worst. This time, she was in the deepest of all doldrums and even the best jokes wouldn't move her.

Sooyoung bent down on her knee and coaxed Sunny to get on her back. "Come on, I'll give you a free piggy back ride. I think I'm tall enough to satisfy your need for height."

"Sooyoung...." Sunny shook her head, frowning, and picked Sooyoung up from the ground. Looking up at her friend as Sooyoung dusted off her pants, Sunny nudged the other by the shoulder. "How can you still joke around at this time? Can you at least be serious for a few minutes? I need some time to reflect again.I just want to think."

Sooyoung sighed after hearing Sunny's remark.Her valiant efforts on making Sunny forget her miseries just dissolved like the falling rain on the pavement. Yet, somehow, she hasn't given up. "I know Sunny...believe me, I know...I just wanted to see you smile somehow. I've had it with you wetting my sleeves even before I get into the rain."

Sunny smirked at Sooyoung continuous sarcasm. "Getting your sleeves wet doesn't matter anyway..."

Sooyoung finally scoffed hearing Sunny fight back."Good to hear that the feisty Sunny is still there somewhere...But seriously Sunny, I know we can't do much about it. Just believe that everything's going to be fine okay?" Sooyoung said, prepping up Sunny's jacket hood over the blonde's lemon head. "I don't know what will happen but just don't give up. Taeyeon will be fine no matter what the outcome will be. Just keep your positivity, like the usual Sunny I know."

After brushing her jacket and pants, Sooyoung scooped an umbrella from her bag and opened it up. She moved the umbrella in between them so both will be sheltered. "I'm actually starting to get jealous. Taeyeon's lucky for she's got someone like you who loves her this much."

For a second, Sunny got a shock. She didn't know why but what Sooyoung said surprised her. For the past three years, Sunny knew she had special feelings for Taeyeon but now that it came from Sooyoung's mouth, it felt different. She was wondering whether Sooyoung had just confessed that she was jealous because of mere expression or there was something more between the lines. 

"Sooyoungie--" Sunny contemplated. 

"Arasso...Looks like you really want to go somewhere." Sooyoung said, placing her hand on her thin waist. "I've heard of this place here in Seoul. It's quite a view high up. That place might help ease your mind. Do you wanna go?"

"Where?"

"You'll see. You can mope up longer there if you want to."

Bending the umbrella over Sunny, Sooyoung led the blonde out of SMent building and into the open sidewalk going to the nearest train station. Sooyoung walked along the side of the passing cars while Sunny followed a few feet. Sooyoung then held on to the umbrella with her right hand across her chest while Sunny maintained her walking pace on her left. Sooyoung's left hand dangled on the side and Sunny noticed it swaying slowly. Unconsciously, Sunny took the swinging hand into her own. Sooyoung stopped in her tracks which caused Sunny to pause and look back at the surprised giant.

"What?" Sunny asked. "Is there a problem Sooyoungie?"

"Ughhmmm..." Sooyoung scurried over her thoughts for a good explanation while staring blankly at their hand joined together. "Nothing...just surprised. That's all."

"My hands are cold." Sunny answered. "Now, c'mon. Where are you supposed to be taking me?"

"Oh...you'll know when we get there..."

------------------------

Taeyeon drove out off into the center of Seoul with thoughts still running through her head like meteors crashing into the Earth's atmosphere. Like the piece of rock from space, her heart felt cold. Yet, it burned at the same time, bit by bit, pieces of her swallowed in a fury of flames. 

Why did it have to be you Sooyeon? Why? 

Taeyeon couldn't stop from asking questions to herself without anyone answering to her. 

Should I really forgive her? Three years? Is it enough to erase those memories?

Taeyeon kept driving for another 10 minutes, just cruising through the night streets and turning to every intersection she found, going around in circles without any particular direction. She just wanted to erase every bit of her past and go on with life with less emotional baggage.

Feeling lost within the heart of the city, Taeyeon decided to go to a location she had been evading for years. 

Taeyeon parked her car and covered up as much as she could. A drizzle persisted through the night and the park where the Namsan tower stood was fairly quiet, desolated by visitors usually of young couples and teens in dates. Without an umbrella, she walked away from her car. She didn't seem to care. The residual pats of rain on her head was nothing compared to the residual pain she was going through.

She walked through the parking lot and passed through the escalators and cable cars going up to the tower. As she waited for the elevator to go down, she inspected the whole park below. The lit lamps glowed softly amidst the pouring rain and the distant panorama encased the whole of Seoul city, gleaming with tiny dots from buildings, like fireflies in a vast modern forest. 

The tower was famous mainly for lovers. It all started in the 1980s and the tradition had been passed down from generation to generation. Couples would flock to the decks and bring locks written with their names and attach them to the steel rails. It basically symbolized how they will lock their love towards each other, childish to a certain point but sweet and commemorative at the same time. 

Taeyeon could only stare aimlessly in space as memories started flashing before her again. It had been such a long time since Taeyeon had been in that park and the last she was there was when she was with Sooyeon. Taeyeon vividly remembered that day. They both wanted to put their locks together but when they arrived at the tower, they realized they've lost the key and couldn't open up the locks they intended to put. It was ironic. It must have been a sign they'd actually end up the same way, unlocked and lost.

The elevator beeped and Taeyeon exited the elevator, walking out to the highest viewing deck for the tower. A gush of wind greeted her and a cold chill ran down Taeyeon's spine. There was nobody else around and Taeyeon walked up to the rails. Hundreds or maybe thousands of differently shaped and colored locks studded the metal banister but once Taeyeon reached it, she only felt the coldness from the little vandalized steel trinkets. The rain still continued to pelt down and some of the small droplets had crashed to her cheeks as Taeyeon faced the sky. In a matter of seconds, she realized that not only the rain had smeared her face but also her own tears, flowing down from the corners of her eyes.

She couldn't believe what she was going through. She cursed again and again under her breath for the ton of emotions escaping her.

Why? Sooyeon...Tiffany...Yuri...Oh God, I don't know who to turn to anymore.  

Tiffany's words managed to get through her train of thoughts and forgiveness repeatedly looped into Taeyeon's head. 

Should I just forgive that easily? Tiffany...

------------------------------

"There's nobody out here Sooyoungie..." Sunny whined as she surveyed the area but without the usual aegyo. Her tone was a mix of irritation and regret. Even though Sooyoung had tried her best to keep her spirits up, she was still stuck in a whirlwind of emotions. Hurt and jealousy shrouded her like looming gray clouds and these thoughts had blocked her from seeing Sooyoung's clean intentions.

"Better for you. You wanted to clear your mind, right?" Sooyoung said, pressing her back against the glass of the cable car. The city lights were flecks in the distance and the two women who just came from the train were climbing up Namsan.

Sunny leaned next to Sooyoung and rested her head against the lean arms. Some way, somehow, Sunny was slowly calming herself down. 

"You go on up ahead and take this umbrella. I'll just buy us some hot coffee before I go up the lift." Sooyoung prodded as soon as she and Sunny exited the cable car and faced the elevator for the viewing decks.

"But---" 

"Just go and do your thinking. I'll be there afterwards." Sooyoung assured her, turning her head in search for a functional vending machine. "You know I'm always behind you, right?"

"Okay." Sunny replied softly while walking into the elevator. There weren't any other visitors around at all and she was alone. As the elevator doors closed before her, Sunny blurted out her gratitude to the taller girl who was stepping back. "Thanks Sooyoungie."

Sooyoung looked up from the ground after hearing Sunny and she just smiled as the doors finally closed together.

The elevator ride was swift but lonely. Sunny could even hear the rain hitting the glass and metal rungs outside. It was probably the perfect place and time for anyone to just vent out their emotions into the world.

The doors opened and Sunny brought out the umbrella with her, raising it above her head as she exited the lift. It was quiet and eerie. Only the thousands of padlocks glistened in the darkness.

Sunny walked a few steps, believing that she was alone but suddenly a petite figure caught her eye. Another person was leaning over the rails, drenched, without an umbrella to shelter her. 

"Uhmmm...excuse me." Sunny whispered as she took more steps nearer. She realized the other person was just as tall as her and oddly has a rust colored hair that seemed too familiar. Sunny stopped in her tracks as soon as she identified her.

"Taeyeon?"

Taeyeon did not respond. Her eyes were closed.

"Is that you?"

Again, sounds of falling rain only answered Sunny.

"Jumtaeng..." Sunny finally reached out and grabbed Taeyeon's shoulder.

Taeyeon was so lost in her thoughts that she had not noticed anyone around her. Her eyes were only filled with tears and the rain had made her cold and damp.

"Huh?"

"Taeyeon!" Sunny immediately leaned over and brought the umbrella above both of them while rubbing Taeyeon's arm to warm her up. "Get under my umbrella you crazy! You're soaking wet!!! What are you doing here?"

"Soonkyu..." Taeyeon finally realized that someone else was with her but was only mildly shocked that it was Sunny out of all people. She was getting weaker by the moment and her eyes were glassy from the clear liquid threatening to fall again against her cheeks. Taeyeon drooped her head low and shook her head vigorously.

Sunny looked at Taeyeon with caring eyes. All the while, Sunny thought that it was just the rain that had stained Taeyeon's face but she took the liberty to raise Taeyeon's head back up. Taeyeon stifled her cries and she still felt like she had no one else to turn to, until Sunny came. Maybe it was an answer somehow from the crying heavens to send down Sunny to her rescue.

Sunny braced Taeyeon in front of her and asked the first thing that bothered her mind, the looming scandal. "Tae, have you seen the pictures?"

Taeyeon looked up to Sunny for the first time at that moment and Sunny realized that it wasn't just the rain that caused the smudge in the hallyu star's eyes. "Pictures? What pictures?"

"Ughmmm...it's nothing...c'mon, let's get out of here. Let's get you home. You're going to get sick at this rate." Sunny urged, grabbing Taeyeon by the arm. It seemed that Taeyeon still had no idea about the impending scandal. "Tae, c'mon."
 
Silence once again met Sunny's coaxing and Taeyeon did not budge an inch. She was contemplating whether she would be able to rely on her childhood friend who once left her too.
 
"Tae..." Sunny murmured, slowly getting concerned with Taeyeon's behavior. "Why have you been crying?"

"Hmmm."

"Uhm, Taeng...It's alright, we can find a way to solve this...Look, I've called CEO Lee about it and..." Sunny babbled thoughtlessly and was cut off. 

"Soonkyu, I saw Sooyeon again..." Taeyeon finally confessed. She collapsed right in front of Sunny but the shorter blonde was able to catch Taeyeon in her arms. Taeyeon ultimately broke her barrier and sobbed. She couldn't hold the hurt any longer.

Even though Tiffany had offered her shoulder when she was still back at the condotel, Taeyeon couldn't bring herself to confide with her girlfriend. Tiffany was still Jessica's best friend. It will just complicate things if she let all her raw angry emotions out. In addition, she couldn't also bring herself to talk to Yuri. The closest people she could confide with were all involved in the ridiculous quadrangle. 

"Sooyeon?" Sunny cried out as she lifted Taeyeon back up. Sunny's heart raced and her past emotion towards the hallyu star resurfaced. She didn't know why Taeyeon was telling her all this but she somehow knew that she had to help her. "When Taeng? How..."

Taeyeon gripped into Sunny's clothes and whispered, trying hard to resist her sobs "Just a while ago..."

"What happened?" Sunny asked, more bewildered but concerned at the same time.

"Soonkyu...I don't know...I'm so lost." Taeyeon wailed.

"Okay, tell me everything but first, let's get you out of this rain." Sunny coaxed, pulling Taeyeon from the rails. "Better yet, let's get out of here."

"No...please, I want to stay here." Taeyeon grimly replied, stubbornly stopping in her tracks. Rain once again soaked her as Sunny moved. "I don't want to go anywhere else."

Sunny sighed aloud and sternly called out Taeyeon. She knew Taeyeon wasn't herself and she held the umbrella over their heads once again. With some force, she was able to push Taeyeon at least nearer to a shed. "Fine. Continue..."

Taeyeon became silent. She didn't know where to begin. The pained expression upon her face made Sunny even hurt more. The shorter one gritted her teeth as she tried to comprehend what had happened. 

"Well, how did you feel when you saw her again Taeng?" Sunny softly said. She herself was rather confused why she was still prodding on it. Her feelings was a blended concoction of jealousy and concern.

"I was angry..."Taeyeon started to speak again and the rain was slowly dying down. "I was really angry..."

"It's completely normal for you to get angry. I was angry at her too for leaving you like that." Sunny mumbled. "But---"

"I know I should but then...when I heard her apologize...Soonkyu... I just crumbled... my heart softened...it seemed that she, equally suffered the same way as I did." Taeyeon sighed and slumped her shoulders. "But should I just forgive her that easy? I think it's unfair if I just let her off." Her eyes pried on Sunny as if the latter had all the answers to the questions. "That was three years of pain Soonkyu. Three ing years"

Sunny contemplated for a few seconds. Even though she despised Sooyeon for putting Taeyeon in such distraught, she also realized that what she did to Taeyeon was completely the same to what Sooyeon did. "Taeng, you know you should. You forgave me right? I also left you when you needed me."

"But you and Sooyeon were different. You were my friend. She was my lover." Taeyeon hissed. "It's different!"

Sunny winced at the mention of her just being a friend. She felt like someone just furtively stabbed her heart from the back. "Taeng..."

Taeyeon shook her head again. It was wrong of her to spill all her aches on Sunny but she just needed an outlet. Taeyeon hung on to Sunny's arms and started apologizing. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be scolding you or even bothering you about this. I just have no one to turn to anymore. I can't figure out what to do."

Sunny held on to Taeyeon's weight. She gulped and gathered her strength to help Taeyeon out, mentally and physically. "Just ask this one question to yourself Taeng.. Do you still love Sooyeon? Answer me."

Taeyeon drowned in Sunny's staid eyes. She was able to recollect herself and answer honestly. "No...", pausing, Taeyeon collected the rest of her strength to say it clearly."No, I don't"

"Do you hate her?" Sunny continued.

Taeyeon checked herself again. She had asked herself this question before, especially after Jessica had left her three years ago but reflecting on it now, Taeyeon realized then and now were completely different. There wasn't as much angst she felt as before. "Not really...no...I couldn't hate her..." Taeyeon's eyes wandered and she took back what she just said. "Well, okay, yes I did, I'd be a hypocrite if I say I didn't...but now, i can't bring myself to hate her anymore...she's...just part of the past..I don't want anything to do with her anymore..."

Sunny nodded, relieved that at least Taeyeon was neither hanging on nor rejecting to the relationship with Sooyeon. "Are you then willing to forgive her? You can't be indifferent to a person for this long Taeng."

Taeyeon closed her eyes from the hurt she had felt for three years. Tiffany's voice once again resonated in her ears.

Tae, you have to forgive her.

Taeyeon exhaled until her lungs exhausted every inch of air from her body. Tears have again rolled down her cheeks. The coldness again swiped down her whole frail body.

"You and Tiffany say the same thing so I guess yes" Taeyeon murmurred. "Yes, Soonkyu."

Sunny exhaled a sigh and shook Taeyeon vigorously."That's it Taeng! Enough thinking and crying. You have moved on. There's no point dwelling on it anymore! You should go back and see Sooyeon and say that you forgive her. It's the only way you both will have peace. It's time to step forward Jumtaeng."

Taeyeon meekly smiled after hearing the pet name Sunny had always called her. It was like the old times. Danshin Duo. Always looking out for each other.

As Taeyeon's memories slipped into her childhood, she also began to feel drowsy and weak. Even if she tried, a rain of tears still flowed from her eyes. Taeyeon clutched into Sunny's clothing and gathered her strength to keep up with the conversation. "Soonkyu..." 

"Hmmm..." Sunny replied. She was sensing the growing heaviness in keeping Taeyeon upright. "Yes, Taeng."

"Thank you."

Sunny froze on the spot upon hearing Taeyeon's slurred words of gratitude. She can't believe she had left this person three years ago just because she was both jealous over fame and love. Once again, Sunny held on to the umbrella and rubbed Taeyeon's shoulders. Ironically, the rain picked up again, switching from a drizzle to a shower. "Don't thank me Taeng. I have to make it up to you, you know."

"Anniyo, You don't have to. You coming back was enough." Taeyeon took a step forth and this forced her meek damp body to lunge forward. Sunny, with her quick reflex, slipped her hand off the umbrella and caught Taeyeon on both arms. Without shelter, raindrops pelted her golden crown and both of them were quickly getting wet from the rain. "Soonkyu..."

Sunny felt the cold touch of the falling liquid from the sky but Taeyeon's touch was entirely the opposite. It felt like flames heating up the surface of her pale skin. "I told you it's not Soonkyu anymore Taeng, it's Sunny..."

Taeyeon's breathing became more haggard and distressed. The pouring rain have distorted her vision and she can't even keep her eyes open. Her breathing burdened and the once cold dampness she felt from her wet clothes had somehow seeped through her flesh and lingered within her aching muscles."I...*huff...don't care...you're *huff huff... still... Soonkyu..."

Sunny hugged Taeyeon like there was no tomorrow. Her heart thumped against her chest and she knew she still had some feelings toward Taeyeon. She couldn't deny it. A part of her missed so much of Taeyeon's attention and touch."Taeng...I have to say something to you..." Sunny paused. She squinted her eyes and mustered all her courage to speak out.

"about us..."

Taeyeon did not reply. Her head was slumped against Sunny's bony shoulder. She was still breathing heavily and all of her weight seemed to have leaned on the shorter gal. 

"Taeng?" There was no response again except for the staggered breathing. Both of them were already deeply drenched in the rain. "Taeyeon!"

Taeyeon groaned and huffed. Sunny immediately pulled off from Taeyeon's embrace and checked the hallyu star's forehead. "Oh my God you're burning up! Geez, why did you have to stand in the rain!"

Sunny raised Taeyeon up to her feet as much as she could and brought one of Taeyeon's arms around her neck. There was no one else around to ask for help so she trudged her way to the elevator, supporting Taeyeon. Once they reached the entrance, Taeyeon finally passed out from the chill and her condition. "Taeyeon! Wake up! I have to get you home!"

In an attempt to awaken Taeyeon from passing out, Sunny shook the hallyu star intensely and a set of keys dropped to the floor. Sunny struggled to pick up the set and balanced Taeyeon on her side.

"Sunny?" A voice called out as a tall figure exited from the lift.

"Sooyoungie!!!" Sunny immediately called out as she still  struggled on keeping herself balanced while Taeyeon was in her arms. Sooyoung peered into the slumped body that Sunny logged closer to the lift. Within seconds, Sooyoung had dropped the warm cans of coffee into the floor. Out of the thousands of people that could be in Seoul, Taeyeon was again in Sunny's arms.

"What the--? How did--? Kim Taeyeon?!" Sooyoung glowered. 

Sunny saw the odd anger that was forming on Sooyoung's face but she chose to ignore it knowing that she needed to get Taeyeon to a warm and dry place first. "Hurry! Help me carry Taeyeon! She collapsed and she's having a fever!"

Sooyoung disregarded her ill feelings towards the hallyu star and immediately helped Sunny. She took the arm that was wrapped around Sunny's neck and transferred it to her own. Compared to Sunny, Taeyeon was more feeble, lighter, making it easy for Sooyoung to shift the hallyu star and carry her on a piggy back. "What was she doing here?"

"Answering your questions don't matter now. Just help me bring Taeyeon back home!"Sunny answered, but more like commanded. She was in between panicking and taking charge.

Sooyoung shuddered. She felt the cold water seeping through her own clothes that squeezed out from Taeyeon's blazer. With a slight tinge of disgust, Sooyoung grimly questioned Sunny's decision."Our home?"

"Where else?! I have no idea where Taeyeon is living now." Sunny replied, almost shouting. "We can't bring her to the hospital. You've seen the pictures. If the media finds out she got sick and is in the hospital, all reporters will have a field day by tomorrow."

"Okay. I understand, Sunny. Calm down, will you?" Sooyoung hissed. Given another option, she'd probably choose to just leave Taeyeon up at the tower but her principles objected to it. In addition, she can't find herself hurting Sunny that way. "Get the lift. We'll find a taxi."

"I think Taeyeon came here by car. I got her keys." Sunny showed Sooyoung the set of keys with the fob while she pressed on the elevator button to get the lift going.

"Fine. Let's get to the parking lot. I'll drive." Sooyoung said. Her long legs strode into the lift as soon as the doors opened and Sunny followed suit. The doors closed slowly and the deck of the Namsan tower once again became desolated.

---------------------------------

A few patients were being rolled unto stretchers and a new ambulance had just arrived at the emergency room in the hospital. Tiffany and Jessica came rushing in as soon as they were able to park cars. Tiffany turned her head back and forth in search of an immediate nursing station or information booth. Jessica followed closely behind but as soon as she saw other patients being treated from gash and stab wounds, she stood on spot frozen in horror. Her thoughts continuously flooded images of Yuri being in worse conditions compared to these people.

Tiffany caught on her peripheral a herd of nurses congregated at a certain panel and realized it was a station. She immediately took hold of Jessica's wrist and dragged the blonde in their direction.

"Excuse me. We received a call for Ms. Kwon Yuri, where is she?" Tiffany inquired once she reached the booth, releasing Jessica from her grip. Her voice was loud enough to startle the rest of the staff that attended to other patients but she didn't bother. All that mattered for her and Jessica was for them to see if Yuri was alright.

The nurse promptly checked on a metal clipboard file and faced Tiffany. "Are you Miss Sica?"

"Anniyo. Uhmm..I'm sorry." Tiffany said softly this time, toining down her voice. She turned to her back briefly to get Jessica butthe blonde had wandered again close to the middle of the emergency room in search of Yuri among the patients. "Jess. Come here."

Jessica snapped back upon hearing Tiffany and she returned near the booth. Tiffany gently prodded her best friend to step forward and face the nurse on duty.

"Ms. Sica?" The nurse asked again, reconfirming the blonde's identity.

"Ne. I'm Jessica Jung" Jessica replied. Her tears welled up her eyes. "Where's Yuri? Why isn't she in the ER?"

"Is she d-------?"

The nurse saw that fresh fear in Jessica's eyes and the medical attendant immediately alerted Jessica of Yuri's situation. "Ms. Jung, please calm down. We have Ms. Kwon Yuri sent here about half an hour ago. She was in the emergency room but was prepped immediately for the OR. She's alive."

"Oh my God!" Jessica gasped. "But why the O.R.? Was it that serious? How bad was she hurt?"

Tiffany held on to Jessica in fear that her best friend might collapse again.

"She had a vehicular accident and her car was hit up front by the driver's side. The other driver seems to have the lighter of the injuries. Unfortunately Ms. Kwon had received much of the fortuity. Her leg was impaled upon the impact and the doctors recommended that she'd be sent for operation as soon as possible or else the risk of losing her leg would be higher. She's now undergoing immediate treatment to close her wounds. We can't say for sure what would happen but please have confidence in our doctors." The nurse reported to both girls in a tone that was calm but almost mechanical.

Jessica had already broken into a tiny sob and she couldn't bear to ask more questions. Tiffany, on the other hand, held strong and asked. "Is she going to be okay?" 

The nurse shifted her gaze to the brunette and promptly replied. "We haven't heard from the operating room. Usually, matters like this would take hours. For now, all you can do is wait. There's a separate room on your left reserved for the patient's immediate contacts. You can stay there until we get some news."

Tiffany thanked the nurse and attended to her bestfriend. Jessica was still in a daze, stuck between crying and getting lost in her own thoughts.

"Jess...are you okay?" Tiffany asked Jessica. She was worried for Yuri but Jessica was also starting to concern her. Tiffany braced Jessica and urged her to walk towards the said waiting room but before they could even enter, the same nurse caught up to them.

"I'm sorry ma'am. uhmm..Ms Jung? We'd also like to get some information from the relatives or guardians of the patient. Kindly fill this form up and you can return it to me later on when you're done."

The nurse gave Jessica a Manila envelope containing two to three sheets of patient information requests and payment attention.

"Okay. Thank you." Tiffany answered for Jessica and she accepted the envelope from the nurse. Slowly but surely, Tiffany was able to get Jessica into the waiting room where several navy blue plastic chairs were arranged. There were two other people in the waiting room. One looked like a husband who was waiting for probably a pregnant wife giving birth and the other was a young woman who was diligently praying on her own. Tiffany helped Jessica settle on a chair and she squeezed the other's hand. "Jess?"

"Tiff? Why is this happening? Why is the heavens punishing Yuri instead of me? If anyone should get all the pain, it should be me, not Yuri! That should be me in the O.R., not her." Jessica finally spoke. She was still staring into space as she was trying to think of all possible outcomes. When she heard from the nurse earlier that Yuri was alive, she was relieved but then, upon hearing that Yuri have garnered injuries to her leg, Jessica just felt frozen. There was nothing more in life that Yuri loved other than her but dancing. The possibility of getting Yuri handicapped was as good as killing Yuri herself.

"Calm down Jess. Crying and breaking down at this point won't help at all. Be strong. We have to be strong for Yuri." Tiffany still continued to comfort her best friend, although she was also slowly catching up to the grave consequences that may arise from the operation.

"Tiff..." Jessica was starting to sob again but Tiffany shook her.

"Fill this form up and give it to the counter. Let's fix all the papers for Yuri's sake. We can then decide what to do afterwards. But please, get yourself together. I know you're having the roughest time of your life but you have to be strong for the love of your life. Think about Yuri. Just think of her and noone else. Do you hear me Jessica?"

Tiffany handed over the envelope and nudged the blonde. Fortunately Jessica followed and nodded at Tiffany. 

"What about Taeyeon?" Jessica asked as she toughly wiped her cheeks from tears/

The mention of Taeyeon suddenly brought in a different sense of worry in Tiffany. Amidst the chaos in the news of Yuri's accident, she temporarily forgot about Taeyeon and her predicament. She had to hold her ground and think wisely. Probelems had to be solved one at a time. She patted Jessica's shoulder and answered. "I'll deal with her Jess. Please do not worry about her. Just focus on Yuri. I'm just going to call Tae up and inform her about Yuri. I'm sure she'd put your encounter with her past this situation. As of now, Yuri needs all of us so keep yourself together no matter what happens."

"Okay."Jessica intently listened to Tiffany's words. Without Tiffany by her side, she would have probably given up and just get away from the hospital as far as possible. Since her best friend was there, she found a new source of strength and a stronghold pillar to lean on."Tiff...I'm sorry again....and thank you."

"It's okay Jess." Tiffany managed to smile to keep Jessica's spirits up before standing up and walking out of the waiting room. "I'll be back. I'll give Taeyeon a call".

"Mhmm" Jessica nodded again.

TIffany picked up her phone from her dangling hand bag and immediately dialled for Taeyeon's number. Taeyeon's "Devil's cry" played as Tiffany waited for the singer to pick up.

"C'mon Taetae. Pick up your phone" Tiffany mumbled to the mic end of the phone. She began to pace back and forth while waiting for the phone to click. "Where the hell is she? Tae, I know you're hurting but please pick up."

The ringing went on and on until it was interferred by the network's prerecorded voice. Tiffany ended the call and restarted it, hoping Taeyeon would pick up this time.

"C'mon c'mon c'mon. Tae..please oh God, let her pick up the phone."

Maybe she's at home. I should give it a shot.

"Nobody's answering. She's not there. She can't be there. Going home might be the last place she'd go to." Tiffany mumbled to herself. She couldn't think of any other place that Taeyeon might have gone to except for her residence and the company building; both places are crossed out from the list. Tiffany tried a few more times, though it was rather illogical to make more attempts. After another minute has passed, Tiffany dialled again but this time, there was no more call ring back tone.

"The subscriber cannot be reached at this moment."

Did she turn off her phone? Why is she not answering?

"Your call will be transferred to the mailbox. Please leave your message for Kim Taeyeon after the beep."

Tiffany heard the beep and decided to give up on continuously calling Taeyeon. The least Taeyeon could do now was to listen to her voicemail if she didn't want to speak to her girlfriend.

"Taetae, I know you're hurting right now but please listen to me, this is an emergency. Yuri got into an accident. We're at Severance hospital in Gangnam. Please get here as quickly as you can. Call me back... and please drive safe. Tae....I love you."

Slowly, Tiffany pulled the phone away from her head and pressed the end call button. She exhaled deeply and prayed silently that this series of nightmares would end sooner than it's supposed to. She closed her eyes for a moment until she felt a tap by her shoulder. She fluttered her eyes open and turned around.

"Jess" Tiffany said deflatingly, as soon as she realized it was just her bestfriend who had come out of the waiting room. For a brief second, she was hoping it was Taeyeon who had arrived.

"Mhmm." Jessica softly replied. The skin surrounding her eyes were so puffed up from all the crying that she did for the night but behind those were a pair of brown orbs that were hopeful.

"Have you done the paperwork?" Tiffany asked. She raised he hand over Jessica's arm.

"I did. The nurse just told me Yuri might still be in the OR for 3 more hours. If all goes well, we can see her right after." Jessica forced a smile and looked down. "Tiff, she'll make it right?"

"Of course Jess. That's Yuri. Let's put our faith in the doctors. We can just wait and pray Jess. Everything will be alright. Keep your love and faith alive." Tiffany said in a comforting tone and hugged her best friend once more.

"What if something happens to Yuri?" Jessica gulped past Tiffany's locks. She was still struggling to keep herself stable and her emotions have been swaying her like a pendulum.

"Aish. Jess. Yuri won't leave you like this. Trust your partner. Yuri loves you so much." Tiffany chided. "Your love should keep her from ideas like that."

Jessica buried her head into Tiffany's neck and murmurred."God, Tiff. I don't know what I'd do if you weren't here."

"Aish...shush Jess." Tiffany said. She was also close to crying. She couldn't imagine if the same thing happened to Taeyeon. She's pretty amazed Jessica was stronger than she looked.

Jessica stiffled her sob and questioned Tiffany. "Were...were ..you...able to contact Taeyeon?"

Tiffany broke off from the embrace and adjusted Jessica's fringes.  She then pulled out some tissue for both of them. "No. She's not answering. I left her a message but I'll check up again in 10 minutes. I thought she'd be back at her place but I don't think she'd like to stay there. I actually have no idea where she is now but once she hears about Yuri, I'm sure she'll come rushing here. Let's just both wait for her, okay?"

"I'm sorry. I caused this much discomfort."

"Stop saying sorry. You already apologized Jess."

"Mhmm."

Jessica looked back down to the ground until she felt Tiffany's arm over her shoulder again. "Let's get some hot coffee to warm ourselves up. Once Yuri gets off from surgery. I can watch her so you can grab some clothes from home. That way, I can also wait for Taeyeon. Alright Jess?"

A faint smile finally broke into Jessica's visage after all the mishaps. "Yes. Tiff."

Tiffany smiled back and shook Jessica softly.

"Hang in there besty. Hang in there."

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AAAAAHHH! Alright, I'm back guys. Well, kinda.  First of all, I want to apologize. I checked back on AFF and saw the comments plus the # of subscribers... oh man, I'm surprised some of you still continue on reading this. Anyway, I may not be able to update as soon as I could but I will have to finish this fic and not leave the readers hanging. As of now, I'm quite inspired to write so I hope i could keep this up. :$

Also, sorry for this lame chapter...trying to set-up something but expect more drama...

I hope everyone would have a happy reading! :) Enjoy ^^,