Afterparty

Devils do cry (Hiatus)

 

Chapter 35

 

Afterparty

 

 

 

 

"Chukahamnida! Cheers everyone!!!"

 

Everyone raised their glasses high up in the air as they celebrated the culmination of Taeyeon's concert. All the people who helped behind the scenes for the concert congregated into a small Korean/Japanese restaurant to commemorate their triumph.The PDs and the stage crew were bumping glasses with each and everyone as free flowing sojus rained on them. Taeyeon was sitting beside her manager and the dancers that she had worked with for the past weeks at the inner banquet of the resto. They were all treated to good Korean and Japanese food consisting of premium grilled beef, delectable sushi and a smorgasbord of exquisite sidings. Everyone were in such a mood of merriment and even the once antisocial Taeyeon mingled with the rest.

 

The first day of the concert had such good reviews and the number of fans who watched the second day even increased despite that some of them had already watched the previous day's performance. Most of the media, especially the netizens, have been on a rave, emphasizing on the last twisted tango number. News articles had flooded the web and news flashes had hit the entertainment and music channels. The public was astounded by the brave and creative numbers that were produced for the show. Some of the reviews stated that it was a combination of creativity and women power, boosting up confidence and sensuality among its female audience. Others even dubbed Taeyeon as the first female hallyu star to breach the borders of performing as a woman, showing that not only guys can act as partners for a sensual dance. 

Although, despite th eagerness from the public, there were also some harsh protests from the conservatice sect of the public. They ridiculed the performace saying it was highly inappropriate and promoted homouality. Following such notions, some even went to the extent of speculating on Taeyeon's gender issues but eventually most were just tabloid material. Taeyeon was still a halyu star and her fame was unstoppable.

In line with Taeyeon's stupendous showcase, her dance partner during the first day performance had also raised a new fan base. Taeyeon's manager was again dragged into publicity since everyone was curious with the good chemistry that was seen between the artist and her partner during the dance. Several gossips leaked here and there but the persistent press was able to identify the dance partner as Taeyeon's manager. Backstage interviews on some of the staff have revealed Tiffany's identity and stories came out on how she came to save the day for the last number. Someone had explained that Taeyeon's supposedly dance partner got injured so the manager stepped in and helped out her artist. Due to this, more of the kpop fans lauded and admired the partnership and the professionality in SMent's company. This also resulted to Tiffany taking in the partner position again for the second day concert. And as expected, everything ended in a huge success. 

 

"Yah! Taeyeon-ssi, Tiffany-ssi, here's to the great partnership you both had for the dance!" Hyoyeon exclaimed as she raised her shot glass over to Taeyeon.

 

"It's nothing Hyo. Don't take me for the credit. It was a huge hit because of all of us, who worked hard for it!" Taeyeon denied and timidly pushed down Hyoyeon's glass down.

 

"That's not true Taengoo. Without you, we wouldn't have this opportunity. We all enjoyed working with you. I admit it. It's been really great to dance along with my best bud." Yuri nodded in agreement and nudged the russet-haired hallyu star who was suddenly turning pink from the heartwarming comment.

 

"To Taeyeon's future projects! And hopefully we get to dance with her again!" Nicole added gleefully while hugging her girlfriend Hyoyeon by the side.

 

Tiffany looked at all the other performers that she had danced with for the last two days of the concert. With a meek smile, she applauded the rest. "I'm sure Taeyeon would love to get you guys again as her choreographer. Everyone worked hard and because of that it was a huge hit. Hyo, you were really a great teacher. I hope you get to choreograph more of Taeyeon's works in her future activities. I'm really thankful."

 

Hyoyeon flushed at the compliment that was given out by Taeyeon's manager.

 

"Well, sure Tiffany. I'll get them to work with me if you agree on being my partner again." Taeyeon budged in joking, altering the joyous mood.

 

Tiffany's eyes widened again at the sudden proposal. "Yah! That's the last time I'll have to dance in front of your fans! Give Haesung her job back, I already have a lot on my plate being your manager!"

 

Taeyeon pouted and tilted her head back with aegyo. "But I prefer you as my dance partner. Manager Miyoungie Hwang is too strict."

 

"Yah!" Tiffany scolded, playfully slapping Taeyeon's arm. "Never call me Miyoungie you kiddo!"

 

Nicole looked at the two new lovers in front. She couldn't help but find the hallyu star and the manager amusing. It surely reminded her when she and Hyoyeon just got together.

 

"You two are just so adorable. It's getting too cheesy here. Yuri-ah, where's yours?"

 

Yuri smugged for the first time at Nicole's comment. Among the five women sitting next to the low tables at the back of the restaurant, she was surely the odd woman out. "Well, looking at you four does make me seem like a wallflower here, doesn't it? Anyway, I tried calling earlier but she's out of coverage. Jessica should be here by now...I hope."

 

As if it was fate, Yuri's phone began beeping and buzzing from her duffel bag. She quickly took out her phone and glanced at the caller ID. The tanned girl's smugged expression suddenly switched to a broad smile.

 

"Well, speaking of my flower. Let me get this call." Yuri called out to the rest of the women at the table but before she entirely excused herself, she also slyly scolded the person in front of her. "Yah! Yah! Yah! Taengoo! Get your own sushi! That's mine right there."

 

Taeyeon had been sneaking her chopsticks here and there, grabbing pieces of sushi from Yuri's plate.

 

"I can eat whatever I want Yuri-ah. It was my concert." Taeyeon stuck out her tongue to her bestfriend.

 

"Taetae. You can have mine." Tiffany lifted one of her sushi rolls and offered it.

 

The hallyu star stared at her girlfriend lovingly and grinned from ear to ear. She puffed her cheeks and whispered with an unexpected aegyo. "Can you feed it to me then Pany-ah?"

 

Hyoyeon and Nicole almost choked from watching Taeyeon. It made their toes and fingers curl, almost making them lose their appetite.

 

"Tch. Oh please. Taengoo, you're grossing me out." Yuri smirked and threw her napkin at Taeyeon before moving out to finally answer the call.

 

Yuri moved away from the table and passed by a few of the other staff who were enjoying their meals. Once she was able to set out in a corner which was slightly quieter, she pressed the answer button on her phone's screen.

 

"Yoboseyo? Jagiyah?" Yuri said, greeting Jessica on the other line. "Are you back in Seoul?"

 

"Seobang, mianhe. I'm so sorry I can't join you for tonight's celebration with Tiffany. I just got down fro Seorak-san so I'm still at the Gangwon province. I know how much you wanted me to meet your bestfriend as well as Tiffany's girlfriend but I'm still stuck out here." Jessica's voice echoed through the phone's speakers. The sound of a humming engine and speeding cars can be heard from a distance.

 

"I know. All of us were shocked when they finally admitted they were together, but what do you mean you can't join us? It's just around 11 in the evening. C'mon I really want you to meet Taengoo." Yuri looked around while talking on the phone, her palm enclosing her nape.

 

"Taengoo? That's a funny name." An unusually long silence followed, just breaking as soon as Jessica changed the topic. "Anyway Yuri-seobang, how did your dance go?"

 

Yuri pouted at Jessica's question. "You haven't read any of the news on the web nor watched any stuff about the concert, did you?"

 

"Sorry. You know how I get when I'm engrossed with work plus I haven't been able to log on the web for the past days. The only news I got was with Tiffany telling me that she's together now with her so-called brat. Seriously, that besty of mine can be awfully weird at times. One day she hates your guts, the next she's all lovey dovey and mushy."

 

Yuri decided to uplift the mood and made a slightly sarcastic joke at her girlfriend. "Well, I know one person who acts the same way and I hear she's manager Hwang's bestfriend from LA."

 

"Yah Seobang, I am NOT like that!" The sound from the speaker phone got a bit louder.

 

"Huh? I wasn't referring to you jagiyah." Yuri chuckled.

 

Yuri heard the other person on the line puff her cheeks and exhale abruptly. "Hmmppff. Fine. Tease me. You're lucky I'm far from you now. You're going to get a punishment once I get back there." Jessica threatened. "Anyway, going back to the celebration tonight, I really can't come. I'm still driving. It will take me 3 more hours to get back and I'd be too tired to go there. I just might ruin the celebratory mood."

 

Yuri suddenly thought of the so-called "hell Sica", a mood when her girlfirend becomes too tired or too hungry. The tanned girl then reluctantly gave up on the thought of meeting Jessica tonight and assured her girl on the phone "That's fine Sica, I guess we'll schedule another time. But I hope you were able to get the stuff you needed for your paintings."

 

"Mhmm. Yeah. I got the torch Delphinium flowers that I needed. The flower shop that I used to call had already consumed their stocks along with my last purchase I made a few days ago. I was planning on getting some new pots and a painting to give to that sweet owner. Anyway, Seobang, I also got you some lilies and I took some pictures of other stuff I want to paint...I wish we could go there together one day. There's a nice mountain cabin resort we can rent. We'll talk about them tomorrow." Amidst the excited tone of Jessica talking about her two day adventure at a nature park for her work, she was yawning endlessly.

 

"Arasso. Arasso. Now be careful. Don't fall asleep while driving. You know how much of a sleepyhead you are." Yuri lovingly reminded Jessica. "Can't wait to see you back."

 

"Hmmm...you do? Miss and love you Yuri-seobang!" Jessica screamed loudly into the line making Yuri smile.

 

"Love you too Sica-jagiyah. Call me when you get home, okay? Take care." Yuri replied right after and waited until Jessica ended the call. Hesitantly, Yuri flipped her phone and rotated it like a pencil through her fingers. She heaved in deep, a little disappointed about having no company for tonight. Nevertheless, she forced a smile on her face and tucked her phone in her backpocket while walking back to the tables in the rear of the restaurant.

 

Tiffany saw Yuri came back from getting her call and she quickly asked her bestfriend's girlfriend. "Yuri, is Jess coming?"

 

"I guess not tonight, Stephanie. She's still driving. I guess I'll have to endure staring at you four lovebirds for the rest of the night." Yuri pouted and bantered by playfully stabbing the sushi on her plate.

 

"I see. I bet she woke up late again that's why it took her long to finish her job." Tiffany laughed daintily, imagining a sleepy Jessica.

 

Taeyeon's brows lifted up on her forehead. "Oh. You were talking about your girl, Yuri-ah? Are you sure you two aren't fighting? It seems like everytime we plan on meeting up, something comes up."

 

"No, no. Nothing like that Taengoo. She's just busy and so are we. It's just a conflict of schedules." Yuri kind of slumped her shoulders upon hearing the truth behind what Taeyeon had said. "There'll be some other times."

 

"Yuri's right Tae. We can have dinner at my place next time. I live with Jessica anyway. That way you two will finally meet up. " Tiffany consoled Yuri with a wink and prodded on Taeyeon. "Now, isn't that a good idea?"

 

"Sure Pany-ah. Anything you want" Taeyon casually replied and once again took the stabbed sushi on Yuri's plate. "Now, come to think of it, it seems funny that I didn't know that you live with Yuri's girl. You never mentioned it before. Both Yuri and I have been hooked by the two of you but we really haven't come face to face with everyone."

 

"Yah! Taengoo! Stop it!" "Yuri immediately broke from her dismayed expression and scolded the danshin in front of her for taking all her food. 

 

Like a kid, Taeyeon stuck her tongue out again and ate the sushi in one huge bite. "Told you it was mine!"

 

"Yah! Both of you are such kids. May I remind you, if it weren't for my help, both of you cowards wouldn't even get hooked." Hyoyeon finally disturbed the conversation, patting and praising herself.

 

Nicole held Hyoyeon's waist and leaned her head on the blonde's shoulders, smiling. "Sorry guys, this time I have to definitely agree with my girl. My Hyo-babe has been playing cupid for you both. If it weren't for us, we'd still be looking at two pitiful single ladies."

 

Taeyeon and Yuri both took some napkins from the table, balled them up and threw them at the Hyonic couple. Both cried out in unison. "Yah! What cupid? We didn't need your help!"

 

"Ha! Really now?" Hyoyeon threw back the napkins at both Taeyeon and Yuri, making it look like a dodgeball game across the table.

 

Tiffany cleared intentionally to break off the immature play between the three 'guys'. "Hey...hey...stop it. We're still around other people here. But in order to give credit for your work Hyoyeon, please accept my thanks on behalf of these two, especially for Taeyeon."

"Yah! Tiffany! Why are you---nkadhkahs" Taeyeon complained but was immediately shushed by a piece of sushi rolll shoved into .

Everyone laughed at their table upon the childish play between all girls. After a few more moments of stifled laughter, Hyoyeon finally relaxed and turned serious as she gave an advice to the new couple. "It was nothing Tiffany-ssi. Just helping out."

"Just don't lock us next time." Taeyeon mumbled which made Hyoyeon chuckle.

"Anyway, seriously, I just want to say something though. I want to let you all girls here to know that I'm really happy to have met you."

"Are you drunk?" Yuri kidded.

"Oh shut up player Yul!" Hyoyeon gave a death glare but resumed her speech. "Tiffany-ssi, Taeyeon-ssi...as a new friend...I just want to warn you somehow. Just be careful of the press. I know a lot of fans have been linking you two together as a couple which I find extrememly funny knowing it's true but it might not be a good idea to reveal the truth about your relationship out in the public. We may be living in our own fantasies but it's still a harsh reality out in the open. I've gone through some harsh judgement and I don't want you two experiencing the same thing. However, I genuinely wish you treasure each other like the way I treasure my Nicole. And the same goes to you Yuri-ah."

Nicole gripped on Hyoyeon tighter and immediately seconded her girlfriend.

"That's right. I know we're both younger than everyone here but we just want to somehow share what we've experienced. Hyo-babe and I may be out the closets and could express our love for each other blatantly without caring what other people would say but it sure is difficult at times with close-minded peers. Some of the fans may not like it and everything can just go downhill from that point." Nicole eyes started to look glassy and she held on to Hyoyeon's arms as she spoke her words. "I just don't want to see you guys hurt."

 

"Thanks Hyo...Nicole." Taeyeon nodded. She had never confided with friends before regarding relationships since the last one she had turned utterly bitter. It was tough for her then. Yet now, she was getting advice from newly found friends that cared for her genuinely. "You two are both right. Both Tiffany and I know about that. We understand the sad truth. Believe me, I know. I've been there. You guys don't really have to worry so much. I don't think I'd want to lose my Tiffany, too."

 

Tiffany blushed at Taeyeon's words, to the point that she placed her hand over her lover's arm over the table. Even though they were surrounded with their co-workers from the concert, Tiffany felt braver in disclosing her feelings in public towards the girl beside her. At that moment, she imagined that it was just her and Taeyeon in the whole restaurant.

 

"That's good to know Taengoo but what about that last time...when you received those flowers. Was that from your fan?" Yuri interrupted Taeyeon upon hearing about the word 'fans' as she remembered the night they drank together at the star's villa. "You were not exactly yourself after that. You still haven't talked to me about it."

 

"Flowers? What is Yuri talking about Tae?" Tiffany suddenly gripped on Taeyeon's fingers as she inquired about an incident she wasn't aware of. Taeyeon's warm attitude turned vague and in an instant she somehow clammed up.

 

"It's nothing Tiffany. That was something in the past. It doesn't matter now. What matters to me more is you."Taeyeon clearly evaded the topic and faced her buddy. "Yuri, just forget about that outburst. I'm sorry if that worried you."

 

"YAH! YAH! YAH! Let's cut the drama here! It feels like we just got off a funeral or something. We're here to have fun! It's time to celebrate! C'mon.Woohoo! For Taeyeon's success!" Hyoyeon brought out her arms outward to cut through the heavy atmosphere. "Raise your alcohol people!"

 

Yuri was still skeptical but she shrugged it off as soon as she saw the intenity in Taeyeon's gaze. She raised her glass of soju and joined Hyoyeon in shouting their success. "Cheers Taengoo."

 

Tiffany smiled and raised her glass too but she noticed that Taeyeon was still staggering in her own thoughts. Unable to notice that Tiffany was watching her from the side, Taeyeon forced a smile and took her own glass and joined the ring of shots in the middle of the table. With one huge shout from their lungs, they exclaimed cheers and drowned the night away.

 

-------------------------------

 

"Omomomo. Yah Taengoo, when did you get so heavy like this?" Yuri complained as she carried the drunken hallyu star on her back.

The afterparty continued until 3 am at the restaurant and everyone involved in the concert gave a toast all night long. Taeyeon graciously accepted everyone's well wishes and was unable to refuse the offers of liqour given to her. She was close to passing out when she finished her drinks but unlike before, Taeyeon still maintained her good behaviour and was able to please the people around her.

Tiffany was worried most of the time that evening but she kept her distance knowing that Taeyeon was doing it all for good relations. Past midway through the night, most of the people have already left and the only people who remained sober in their own little group was Yuri, Tiffany and Nicole. The girls then decided to call the night off and Hyoyeon was taken by Nicole in a cab while Yuri drove Taeyeon and Tiffany back to Taeyeon's villa.

 

"I am not *hic heavy. Yah Yuri-ah, put me down." Taeyeon waved her arms, making the piggyback ride unstable. "Yuri-ah..."

 

"Yah! Taengoo! Stop moving so much or we'll both fall!" Yuri budged her shoulder and rushed to the living room couch."Aish! As you wish buddy."

 

Yuri dropped the danshin on her leather couch and Taeyeon fell on her bum with a loud thud.

 

"Owww...I'm...gonna...geeet...ya..Yoooo...ri-ah..." Taeyeon complained loudly, slurring her words. Her eyes rolled behind her eyelids as she tried to focus on the figure before her.

 

"Yuri, I'll take care of Taetae." Tiffany softly said as she headed towards the kitchen to grab a glass of water for her drunk girlfriend. "You can go if you want."

 

"Are you sure Stephanie?" Yuri asked while looking at Taeyeon who was fighting herself from dozing off. "Taengoo is really not good when she's drunk."

 

"Yah. Yuri-ah...*hic...go...my Miyoungie will *hic take care of me." Taeyeon scooted over to the armrest and hurled one of her throw pillows at Yuri.

 

The agile girl was able to parry the pillow with ease since Taeyeon's aim was not on target. Yuri then picked up the pillow and tossed it beside the danshin."Aish. you spoiled hallyu star."

 

"C'mon Yuri. Don't worry about us. I got this one. Just tell Jess that I'm safe. I'll spend the night here to make sure Tae doesn't do anything stupid." Tiffany appeased the taller girl and held Yuri's shoulder. The brunette then settled the glass of water on the coffee table and faced Yuri. "C'mon. I'm sure you've been wanting to take off and see Jess."

 

Yuri breathed in a deep sigh and gave up. "Ok then. I'll be meeting Jess to just check up on her. Call me if Taengoo becomes too much for you to handle alone."

 

"I think I can manage. I've already taken care of her when she was drunk once but I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the concern." Tiffany gave Yuri an assuring smile.

 

"I'm just glad Taeyeon has met you Tiffany. She's one lucky hallyu star." Without thinking twice, Yuri gave Tiffany a hug before she finally left the house. She felt relieved that Tiffany was there for her buddy. At least there was someone else now instead of her. It was high time that a lover would look out for her buddy.

As Yuri's car roared off into the road, the house became quiet again. The only sounds resonating in the living room were the constant groans from the drunk idol.

 

"Hic...Annyong..haseyo...Kim Tae...yeon...imnida! Jonun...hallyu starrrrrrrrrr...imnida! hic" Taeyeon suddenly bursted out raising her fist in the air. (Hello. I'm Kim Taeyeon. I'm a hallyu star!)

 

Tiffany just shook her head while staring at her girlfriend's obscure behavior of talking while sleeping or in this case, talking while half-sleeping. Slowly, Tiffany sat down on the couch, beside Taeyeon who was slumped against the armrest of the sofa, grumbling and squirming.

 

"Taetae...You had too much to drink again. I already told you to stop earlier but you wouldn't listen. You're such a stubborn kid." Tiffany scolded the drunk girl before her while tucking in some of Taeyeon's hair behind her ear. "When are you going to listen to me?"

 

Squinting her small but round eyes, Taeyeon stared into the person's face before her. "Me? Anniyo. I *hic didn't...drink *hic too much... Hmmm...Miyoungie....come here. Lie next to me." 

 

"Tae...hajima." Tiffany pushed Taeyeon's arm as the shorter girl tried to grapple her into an embrace. "Not when you're drunk."

 

No matter how Tiffany retaliated from Taeyeon, the danshin was still able to grab the brunette by her arms and kissed her on the lips. Tiffany lifted all her defenses and just melted into Taeyeon's arm. The shorter girl then pushed Tiffany back into the couch and started kissing the brunette from her lips down to her neck.  

 

"Mmm...Tae..." Tiffany moaned as the shorter girl had dominated over her. With lust and alcohol mixed in, Taeyeon became more aggressive and Tiffany into a deeper lip lock. She d Tiffany at areas that heightened her pleasure. Taeyeon's hand roamed around Tiffany's chest and she even lifted up Tiffany's shirt up as she fought her way in to grab unto the mounds. Slow but hard, Taeyeon squeezed on Tiffany's and she parted their legs apart, grinding not long after.

It was the roughest that Tiffany experienced and it sure came as a surprise knowing Taeyeon was a much more of a tender lover.

By the time they needed to gulp for air, Taeyeon pushed back and laid her head at the back rest of the couch. Tiffany rested her body on the whole stretch, breathing deeply. Suddenly, she got confused with what was going on. Instead of continuing with the next steps, Taeyeon withdrew from further kisses and just nuzzled over to the crook of Tiffany's neck.

 

"Don't tell me you're going to sleep on me Tae." Tiffany glanced down at the smaller figure beside her and then she on the chestnut colored strands on her lover's head. "I guess you're really tired. I understand."

 

Taeyeon stirred beside Tiffany and was closer now to her manager's ears. Hot breaths blew into Tiffany's earhole but she could sense Taeyeon was muttering some inaudible words. "Je...ireum...My...name.....Tae." 

Out of the blue, Tiffany felt a patch of wet and warm liquid drenching her shoulder. Tears had fallen from Taeyeon's eyes and rolled down her cheeks.

 

"Tae?" Tiffany asked while turning her head, brushing the fresh tears that were still flowing from the star's eyes."What's wrong? Why are you crying? Tae?"

 

"Ye....on."

 

Tiffany scrunched her forehead at what her lover had uttered. Nevertheless, she stayed beside Taeyeon at the couch, embracing her lover for a few more minutes. Taeyeon continued to shed tears and even broke into a short sob but no words had escaped the hallyu star's mouth any further. Tiffany didn't understand what was going on but she blamed the liqour for the odd behavior and just cuddled her lover.

Intoxicated and depleted from energy, both fell into deep slumber on the living room couch and the night passed after the successful party. The celebrations ended happily but a looming feeling of discord was eminent. Tiffany, in her thoughts, was just hoping for the best between her and Taeyeon but something was nagging her with the last moment before she slipped to sleep.

"What's wrong?" Tiffany huffed. "Tae...yeon?''

 

==============================================================================================