Hidden truths

Devils do cry (Hiatus)

 

Chapter 36

 

Hidden truths

 

A/N: ok..huge change...i kicked off Miryo out of my story line. just realized that Sooyoung was in my head when I wrote Miryo in the plot. Her actions were more Sooyoung so I basically changed it. Made changes in the past chapters. Sorry about this, I just feel that I could write better with the propoer character in mind. So....let's just all pretend Sooyoung wrote the song. ok? she did write a song for GG so she still fits the role of being a composer. alright? ok...now back to the storyline. hehehe

 

 

 

 

"Ms. Lee Soonkyu?"

Secretary Park raised his head over some of his paperworks in order to greet the three people who had entered the room but he was suddenly surprised to see someone he recognized from not long ago. 

"It's been some time secretary Park. How are you?" Sunny smiled back, trying to be as bubbly as she was, more than three years back.

"I've been good. Still serving your unc--- When did you get back?" The secretary answered back, hesitated and then raised a question again, completely ignoring the two who were accompanying Sunny.

"Excuse me secretary Park but I believe my manager has scheduled a meeting with the CEO for this morning. Soonkyu, I mean Sunny, is with me. I have urgent matters that needs some serious talk with the president." An annoyed BoA said to interrupt the conversation. She and secretary Park hasn't been in good terms ever since the secretary told her that her album was put on hold.

"Ah yes. Manager Chilmoo has indeed called me over the weekend for that. Fortunately CEO Lee has no planned meetings this morning. Just a moment." the secretary replied to BoA, keeping himself as professional as he could. 

Without any further conversations between the four, the secretary called up the president on his personal line and stood up. The secretary only mentioned the name of the hallyu idol and the president immediately agreed on having the meeting. Secretary Park then directed the visitors inside the office where they were all greeted by the CEO before his desk.

"Soonkyu?!"

The CEO cried out the moment he saw BoA, manager Chilmoo and the blonde petite girl enter his office. Once all three people were inside the president's office, Secretary Park casually exited and left the rest with the rushed closed door meeting. 

"Annyonghaseyo CEO Lee. It's been a while." Sunny greeted the president and bowed 90 degrees. She was joined in by BoA and the manager.

"A while? You darn kid! Where have you been? Why didn't you inform me you were back from Japan? All this time you haven’t explained to me why you left three years ago! All you did was send me a postcard here and there or give me an email saying you were fine!" The CEO stood and complained before the blonde like a worried father.

"I-I-I'm sorry CEO Lee." Sunny apologized while bowing respectfully, unable to meet the president’s gaze. BoA and her manager exchanged looks with one another, baffled by the sudden reprimands from the president and the bashful replies from the short blonde.

The president surprisingly brought his hands forward and placed them on Sunny’s shoulders. In an instant, he hugged the short blonde into his arms and patted her head, "Yah. Can you quit calling me that? Have you completely forgotten who I am, my little Soonkyu? Your father entrusted you to me ever since you came back here in Korea. I knew I haven't taken good care of you that well, which probably is one of the reasons why you left."

"Anniyo. It's not about that when I ran away..." Sunny mumbled, still unable to look at the CEO straight face.

"Your family in the US has also been asking for you, don't you realize that? Aigoo. If you weren't my brother's daughter...aish...You've caused your family such a heart ache, my precious niece." CEO Lee continued on ranting but a hint of great concern can be traced in his tone.

"Niece?" BoA blurted out unexpectedly in a shocked expression. Manager Chilmoo simply adjusted his stance as he himself was caught by surprise. Sunny slowly brought her hands up and hugged back the older man.  She pulled away from the man’s embrace and pushed a bleak smile on her face.

"I understand uncle. I'm really sorry. I had informed appa about what happened in the past and now he knows that I’m back here in Korea. Don’t worry about them. And please, don't refer to me as Soonkyu anymore. I'm a new me. I go by the name Sunny." Sunny replied, almost forgetting that there were two other people inside the room with them. "It's good to see you uncle Sooman."

"Well, it’s good to know that they are informed Soonkyu. I mean, Sunny…or whatever name you go by. Ah, that doesn't matter, you are and will still be my Soonkyu nomatterwhat. The good news is that now you're here. Anyway, what brings you here in my office? Have you eaten? Maybe we chould go and get somethingto eat.” the father-like president responded finally with a smile on his face. CEO Lee then turned his head to the other woman in the room and addressed her. “BoA-ssi, should I thank you for bringing my niece back here?”

BoA promptly replied to the head of the company. “Uhmmm...I don't think that would be necessary. I only did a bit of convincing. That's all.”

“Is that so? But in any case, I appreciate it that you had brought her here back again. Pardon me, I’m sorry. You must have been standing quite long. Please take a seat. All of you. “ CEO Lee said while gesturing everyone else in the room to sit down before his mini-conference table at the side of his desk. The president's guests nodded as a reply and walked over to the left side of the office.

As the four people settled down on their seats, BoA gently whispered to the blonde girl beside her. Baffled and curious, she pried on Sunny for a much needed explanation regarding the relationship between the preseident and her junior.

"Sunny, I didn't know CEO Lee was your uncle. How come you never told me?" BoA said leaning her shoulders over to Sunny's direction.

Sunny sat down beside the CEO and replied to her unnie in a way that her uncle could also hear their conversation. "Mianhe. BoA-unnie, it has been a private matter. Even when we were trainees, I didn't squeal anything about it. Even Taeyeon didn't know. It would be tough on my uncle and the company if everyone knew about me being the niece of the president. I wanted the company to grade me as who I am and what I can do, not by who I know. I know it's quite a shock right now but nothing changes. I'm still who I am. Anyway, forget that, we're here for something else aren't we? Let's get back on talking about business" Sunny explained briefly and urged BoA to settle the matters with the president for their purpose.

"Ah yes..." BoA said and turned her head back to the president who was listening intently. "CEO Lee, I'm here with Sunny for a proposal."

The face of the president suddenly changed, his expression became serious but inquisitive. "A proposal? BoA-ssi, is this about your- ? Wait, are you involved in this matter Soonk...I mean, Sunny?"

Sunny simply nodded and smiled back to her uncle . The president looked back from Sunny and then to the original hallyu star, more curious than a few seconds before.

BoA lifted her hand over to her manager and asked him to stand. "Manager-oppa...can you hand the CEO the documents?"

BoA’s manager stood up and picked up a few folders from his messenger bag. He carefully placed them before the president and opened one of the folders before handing it over. "Ne. CEO Lee, please view these documents. I've properly listed all matters required for this proposal. BoA-ssi will explain everything. Please listen to her."

SMent’s president browsed through the contents of the proposal briefly and then shot a look at BoA who was facing the president with the look similar to a contract dealer from another company. The CEO simply smiled seeing the confidence and fervor in her eyes.

"Go ahead BoA-ssi. Let's see what you three are cooking up for me." the president of the company prompted.

"CEO Lee. We both know you've put me out there when I was younger to become one of the brightest stars in the entertainment industry and I have served the company well for that. It's been a long journey.  A long and lonely one. However, during my trainee days, I had the support of two dongsaengs who gave me strength. Without them, I probably wouldn't have survived the traning days. After I debuted, the hallyu wave began and, out of nowhere, this company rose to the top." BoA started while leaning back on her chair, making her look arrogant but elegantly composed.

After making her introduction, she paused and almost choked on her next statement but was able to pull through. "Not long after that, Taeyeon, one of the dongsaengs I've been with for more than 7 years, debuted and also made an astounding follow-up to my career. Judging from her last concert yesterday, the reviews on the company and the record label have been very pleasing. However, both of us do know that she still comes after me."

BoA continued talking and this time, she leaned forward on the table and tapped her finger on the glass top. 

"Now, to cut the chase, CEO Lee, there is something I would like the company to do for me."

"What is it BoA-ssi?" the company president asked back.

"I wish to see the same fate for my other dongsaeng. Your niece. She deserves to become a hallyu star like me and Taeyeon." BoA emphasized. Sunny looked back at her older sister and was overwhelmed. She had not expected that BoA would be so pursuant on helping her out. She was the same unnie that she and Taeyeon looked up to when they were younger, their protector and their idol. All the while she had thought BoA had become too haughty but the top idol was genuinely showing her care and trust.

Sunny was lost in her own little thoughts and BoA knew she had regained Sunny's trust. Unfortunately, little did the blonde knew, BoA was just simply putting an act to blindsidedly convince the company head and everyone else in the room.

"It's high time to bring another rising star into the company. I want to take charge of introducing Sunny as the next hallyu star. Think about it, with the three of us, me, Taeyeon and Sunny, SMent will be unstoppable in this industry. Nobody could beat this company from producing more female hallyu stars that are of world class quality. How would that sound Mr. President? You wouldn't want to deny your niece this second opportunity, would you?" BoA pulled off a long speech that ended in a question that was hard to resist. The man of power simply had a frim expression on his face.

"Well, this is quite a surprise BoA-ssi. I didn't expect you would have such passion and love towards your juniors. But I need to know if this isn't just your opinion. Soonkyu, do you really want to be a hallyu star? I had a feeling back then that you ran away because of the disappointments in becoming a hallyu star." CEO Lee cocked his head to his right and asked his niece before closing up the folder in his hands and laying it on the table.

"Ne uncle. I'm serious about this. I've been doing music back in Japan as an underground artist for the last year and I've been doing pretty well back there. However, I wish to come back to Korea and do what I was supposed to do ever since I became a trainee here. I do want to be a hallyu star." Sunny replied earnestly, hoping to convince her uncle the best that she could although her uncle president was unnervingly calm and quiet. "Help me back, uncle Sooman."

The CEO cleared his throat before he spoke. "I see. Well, Soonkyu, BoA-ssi, manager Chilmoo...let me tell you guys one thing. It's actually ironic how things fall back again into the puzzle. The board and I had discussed this matter almost four years ago. The company actually had been planning long before to debut Soonkyu, about 2 years after Taeyeon-ssi did. We already had our eyes on you and noone knew we were blood relatives. Everything was already set but the plan dissolved when you decided to leave the company without saying anything." CEO Lee revealed, placing his hands under his chin and leaning forward into the conference table.

“What?” Sunny uttered impulsively, shocked by the news her uncle had just said. "I was supposed to debut?"

“Yes my dear. You, Taeyeon and BoA were the best trainees we ever had. We had planned to launch you individually. We all wanted you three to stand on the same stage but things happened that changed the company's course.” The president explained further.

BoA ,on one side of the table, was already thinking deeply while smiling half-heartedly. Despite the earnest atmosphere building up in the CEO's room, she was starting to regret on her actions. She had never expected this to come out from the head of the company, one revelation after another  like a broken casino machine, spewing secrets continuously.

A part of her rejoiced knowing that her plan of making Sunny a hallyu star was working out smoothly but a part of her despised the fact that Taeyeon and Sunny were her rivals all along, even back when they were still training to be idols. Bringing Sunny back to the company may have not been a good idea but it's all too late to back out now. Irritated, BoA brushed it off her mind and continued with her plot.

BoA reclaimed herself with the attention on the table and decided to challenge the CEO.

"Well, couldn't we take this as good news then? I bet this is what we call destiny, Mr. President." BoA smirked. "If Sunny would like to become a hallyu star now, it wouldn't be too hard for SMent to do that. Would it, CEO Lee?" 

Lee Sooman paused for a moment. He was slightly doubting BoA's eagerness but he replied confidently back at the hallyu star. "No. Not at all. Some things are just meant to happen. This, I guess, would be one of those cases. Since Soonkyu had been a trainee under the company, it wouldn't be complicated to bring her in back into the program. I could easily convince the board too. We could work it all out but I think we should let Soonkyu go through basic training. Let's give it about 2 months. You know, just to formalize the process. We can also use the 2 months time to come up with a single for her release."

Out of the blue, Manager Chilmoo cleared his throat and captured everyone else’s attention. He then informed the rest of his accomplishments for that weekend. “Excuse me for the intrusion President. Regarding Sunny’s single, she herself has given us a CD sample of the music she wants to release. I have consulted it with the songwriters within our company yesterday and gave them a copy. They approved it and they're willing enough to work with her to record it the way she likes it. I also have taken the initiative to take some of Sunny's tracks that she played along with her duo partner in Japan as underground artists. I gave them to the songwriters along with the single. A little tweaking on some of them might allow us to give her a mini-album in a matter of 3-4 months.”

BoA crossed her arms and raised her brow. She didn't expect her manager would work well with her plan but she was glad that her Chilmoo-oppa was doing great on his job. Sunny just gasped and had her eyes wide open after hearing that the song given by Sooyoung was going to be her first single.

The president then pulled back his chair and crossed his legs in a relaxed state. He lauded the manager while pointing his hand to BoA. “My, my, impressive Manager Chilmoo. You guys have come prepared. BoA-ssi, it’s no wonder to me now that you’ve chosen manager Chilmoo by your side. He does his job more than what he is required to do.”

“Thank you Mr. President. I owe BoA-ssi my job and my service to her is the only way I know that I could repay her.” Manager Chilmoo courteously replied.

“Indeed, CEO Lee. Chilmoo-oppa is indeed very dependable. He has served as my manager since the day I debuted to become a hallyu star. I wouldn't want to trade him with anybody else.” BoA added to the compliments while staring at her manager. "Chilmoo-oppa, gomawo."

BoA's manager weakly smiled back at his client after hearing BoA thank him. He then retreated back to his silence. It was very much a rare moment for him to be felicitated by the artist.

"So uncle. Does that settle some of your worries?" Sunny restarted the business conversation.

"Yes Soonkyu. For now. But again, you have to go back training. That's not going to be a problem, would it? It'll be just a refresher course, for about 2 months maybe. Even less if we can make it." the company head pushed the folders in front of him.

BoA then cleared . "About the training, if it's not going to be an issue for you, I'd like to supervise Sunny, myself. I can beef her up with the grounds for being a hallyu idol."

"Are you sure BoA-unnie? I wouldn't like to interfere with your schedules. Wouldn't I take much of your time?" Sunny asked.

BoA raised her cheeks again and replied a white lie. She wanted to be a personal trainor so she could keep a close watch on Sunny and Taeyeon, making sure her plans will work accordingly."Anniyo. You can trust your unnie right?"

"That's actually a good suggestion BoA-ssi. I don't mind at all. I'll give her to you for the first month training along with the usual teachers from this company. Although, I have something mind actually for the next month but anyhow, we'll see over it. Right now, I'll gladly settle this matter with the board. I'm sure, they'll be delighted to hear about it." CEO Lee said, drumming his fingers on top of the table.

"I believe we have closed the deal then CEO Lee." BoA stood up from her seat and rubbed the back of her hand before bringing it forward.

The CEO stood up and took the young woman's hand in his and shook it with a stern grip. "I believe that is true BoA-ssi. You got yourself a deal. Welcome back Soonk...I mean, Sunny."

Sunny couldn't contain her happiness and hugged her unnie and then her uncle. BoA tried to repulse from the embrace but she gave in to complete her show. The four people inside SMent's highest seat of power had come to an agreement. They talked more about their plans and the arrangements for payments and shares. BoA couldn't care less about the money, she just wanted the chess pieces in their respective spaces on the board and as of now, it seemed that everything was set for the queen.

----------------------------

"Are you sure you're okay Taengoo?" Yuri asked, on the mobile device that was clinched between her shoulder and ear. She was back at home fixing her laundry in her living room.

"I'm okay. What makes you think I am not?" Taeyeon replied quite dryly, the background sounds from the phone call suggested that the hallyu star was at the recording studio.

"Well, you just knocked yourself out with drinks last night. I left you with Tiffany. I was just wondering if you and Stephanie are okay." Yuri scolded Taeyeon in a concerned tone. "You should really try not to drink too much."

"I'm...I'm fine Yuri-ah." Taeyeon's voice trailed off. "Tiffany's with me. She went out for some paperwork though. I have a bit of a headache and my body hurts. Other than that, I'm totally fine."

"Why does your body hurt? Byuntae, did you molest your manager?" Yuri joked earning scoff from the hallyu star at the other end. 

"Yah...why do you all call me a ert?! I am not like that...plus...Tiffany told me nothing happened last night." Taeyeon continued talking." She told me that we just kissed and I slept..."

"You slept?" Yuri laughed out loud. "Yah, you must treat her better Taengoo. I can see why Stephanie might have been disappointed."

"I know..." Taeyeon replied, her voice trailed off again.

"But that's not the reason why you're all melancholic now, is it?" Yuri plopped one of her shirts on her lap and readjusted the phone on her shoulder. "Taengoo, be honest with me. Are you sure you are alright? I noticed that something was bothering you in between our practices and even in the concert. Ever since you received that bouquet of flowers. Was it from your fan?"

"Huh? What?" Taeyeon asked back, startled that her buddy was able to notice such subtle moments for the past days." What flowers are you talking about?"

Yuri grabbed one of her pants from her laudry basket and folded it slowly. "Look, I've been asking about it so many times. You can't hide anything from me Taengoo. Though we've only been just friends for over a year, I can totally read your actions. You know you could talk to me; I've always been an ear for you. All you need to do is open your mouth and speak."

"I'm fine." Taeyeon persisted on clamming up. 

"Taengoo..." Yuri prodded. Taeyeon was about to drop the call but she knew it was no way to treat her most trusted friend that way.

"Aish. Fine Yuri-ah. Okay..." Taeyeon sighed and started to open up. "Something...someone... is bothering me."

"Is it Stephanie?" Yuri intercepted her buddy while pushing her clothes into the corner of the couch. She took her phone with her hand and focused on the call.

"Annya" Taeyeon replied. A door click can be heard from the other end which Yuri assumed that Taeyeon had moved to a much more secluded place in the studio."It's my past. I never told you about it before but I was once in a relationship Yuri-ah."

"Hmmm.. go on." Yuri coaxed, listening to every word.

"She was also from SMent. Only a few people knew we were going out. We were going strong even when I was becoming a hallyu star but suddenly she just left me. She was the one who sent the flowers that you saw. She had been sending me the same flowers ever since she went away from the company and the one you saw may be the last one she'll send. Well, that's based on the card she wrote. However, I don't understand it. Did she send it because she has moved on? Why stop now? Why can't she just come and see me?"

Yuri paused and thought for a while. "So the rumors were true. I've heard from several people back in the SMent that you did have a relationship. I didn't believe it unless it came straight from the horse's mouth."

"You're saying I'm a horse?" Taeyeon asked back.

"It's an idiom, pabo Taengoo." Yuri chided and resumed to the serious chat. "Anyway, what's wrong about your past? Haven't you forgiven her? I don't know the rest of the details between the two of you but I think it's about time you would have let go of each other, Taengoo. So what if you think she moved on? You should have done the same thing."

Taeyeon remained silent, lost in her thoughts. Have I moved on?

"Taengoo, don't tell me you haven't moved on! Yah! That's totally unfair for Stephanie." Yuri reproved her friend for not being able to answer.

"It's hard to move on and forgive someone who left without giving reason." Taeyeon honestly replied.

"Who's this girl anyway?" Yuri asked, perplexed. She wanted to kick Taeyeon on the shin for hanging on to such petty reasons. "Listen, Taengoo. Answer me honestly. Have you moved on?"

"I-I-I...I think I'll be able to. I think I know I've moved on, somehow...I mean, I care for Tiffany more than I did before... I...I want Tiffany... I...love Tiffany."Taeyeon answered stuttering, knowing Yuri would beat her up if she still remained silent however she hesitated on a few phrases, checking herself for the truth in her words. Taeyeon couldn't believe how unstable she was still feeling. "I'm just worried that the same thing will happen all over again. I'm afraid Tiffany would leave me like what happened before." 

Silence cut through the conversation for a few more seconds, only disturbed by the heavy sigh from Yuri. Softly and clamly, Yuri reassured her best buddy, as if she was there to pat the star's back. "I guess I understand what you're hesitations are, Taengoo. Ironic as it is, Sica actually said something similar. But you know what? Try to focus on what's keeping you happy. There's no use holding on to your past. It is the past. Learn to forgive and forget. What matters is that you have Tiffany by your side. I can see that she loves you. Just make sure you take care of her and don't hurt her. She deserves someone great and that's you Tae."

Yuri heard Taeyeon heaved in a deep breath at the other end, louder than her own. Taeyeon croaked on her words, too. "Maybe you're right. No, you...are right Yuri-ah. I shouldn't linger on my past. I should learn to forgive and be happy, now that I've got Tiffany with me. I love her and she loves me. Nothing will come in between. Even if I'm a hallyu star."

Yuri suddenly felt sad for her friend but she did her best to cheer her up. Almost a month ago, Taeyeon was still the grouchy and cold person but because Tiffany came, Taeyeon was transformed and became warmer. "Yes, nothing will come in between. So what if you're a hallyu star. You're still yourself Taengoo. Your relationship lies in your hands. It's you and Tiffany who decides, not anyone in your past and not anyone in the present. I'm sure the girl who left you regrets leaving a great gal like you. Just forget her. If you cross paths again, just think of the good memories you had for each other. Maybe that's also the reason why she sent you the flowers for the last time. She herself might have found someone else. It's time you live your lives apart."

Taeyeon managed to smile even though Yuri couldn't see it. "Tch. Since when have you become such a deep thinker Yuri. It's now hard to believe you were actually a player."

"Yah! I am serious when it come to this stuff Taengoo. Way to go for spoiling my moment of brilliance" Yuri cried out. "And I'm not a player. I have my Sica now. I'm bound for life."

Taeyeon finally laughed and replied. "Arasso. That Sica of yours is a very lucky girl, too. She better not make you cry."

"Of course, she won't."

Out of the blue, a beep alerted Yuri of another phone call that was pushed aside for callwaiting. Yuri viewed her phone's screen and immediately informed Taeyeon about it.

"Uhm. Taengoo. Sorry to cut the call. We should talk more after work. If you want, you can come by my place tomorrow evening or we go out like before. You cool with that?" Yuri said as she picked up on her task of folding her clothes again. "Anyhow, just wanna remind you that I'm here."

"Oh okay. Sure. I'll see you then." Taeyeon agreed. "And thanks Yuri-ah. You know..for listening and just being there. You're truly a friend."

"Aish. Anything for you buddy. Now, go. Stop being so mushy, I got my girlfriend on the other line." Yuri said back, chuckling. "Bye Taengoo."

"Annyong Yuri-ah." Taeyeon bid back and ended the call. The line immediately switched to the next call. A mousy voice invaded Yuri's ears as she welcomed the other call.

"Hmmm...Sica-jagiyah? How was your meeting with the gallery director?" Yuri quickly asked before anything else. 

"Seobang!"Jessica excitedly replied amidst firghting off from her yawns."I'm going to have my exhibit the next month!"

"Chukahe! That's great jagiyah." Yuri congratulated Jessica however, she noticed the tiredness in her lover's voice. "Wait...are you still sleepy, my icy princess? Do you still want me to come over to your place?"

"Ice princess? Since when have you called me that? Tch...you're lucky I don't have much energy to argue. Anyway, sorry to make you leave me early this morning. I didn't expect the gallery director to meet me at 7. I'm still groggy from my trip to the mountains the past days." Jessica mumbled and complained. "If you want to come over, I won't stop you. Although I'm warning you Seobang. I am sleepy. So no monkey business tonight. okay?"

"What? But I've missed you!" Yuri complained.

"I said no monkey business..." Jessica replied, as if a brush of wintery wind just breezed in.

Yuri just chuckled at the warning. "Arasso. My jagiyah will just 'sleep' for today then. I'll cook at your place and we can eat dinner together later."

"That's what I love about my husband." Jessica complimented while giggling. "I'll be waiting for you then. I'll see you Seobang. I love you."

"Love you too jagiyah. Take a nap. I'll call you once I finish my chores here at home." Yuri affectionately commanded.

"Ne." Jessica obliged with a formal yes, teasing Yuri as if she were her mom. Yuri just laughed it off and both ended the call.

Yuri picked up the last garment from the laundry basket and folded it across her lap. Suddenly, a piece of paper slipped out from the backpocket of the pair of jeans. Yuri crouched down and retrieved the card from under the coffee table. Lifting it up to her face, she recognized that it was the card that went along with the flowers that was sent to Taeyeon the last time. The tan girl stared at the card, the ink was already smudged from the wash but the one letter signature clear imprint caught her attention. Her thumb rubbed over the English alphabet and her mind raced over her memories and the conversation she just had with her best buddy, Taeyeon.

Taengoo. You'll be fine. I'm sure of it. Sigh.

Her gut oddly churned. She lifted the card above her head and squinted her eyes at the G-cleff shaped signature. From a distance, a painting of lilies and violet flowers that was given to her served as a background to the card in her hand. Yuri shook her head vigorously and knuckled her temple. 

Yah... Yuri-ah. Get up. Sica's gonna be waiting. 

Her head suddenly filled up with thoughts of her girlfriend that brought a wide grin back to the dancer's face. Yuri threw the card on the coffee table and picked up her clothes. She pushed herself up and tucked her chores away as she readied herself to go to Jessica's place.

----------------------------------

Manager Chilmoo went outside before the two ladies and since Secretary Park was not on his desk, BoA took the opportunity to talk something out with Sunny.

"Uhmm...Sunny."BoA said furtively."I've got a favor to ask of you."

"Huh? What is it BoA-unnie?" Sunny replied in a question, startled by the sudden request from the older woman. "Is there something wrong?"

"Anni. Uhmm...Regarding the training and you entering back itno SMent,  make sure noone else in this company would know about it. Even to Taeyeon, when you meet. Don't mention that I was your trainor or anything like that. I'll just be behind the scenes." BoA said, wearing a serious expression on her face.

"But why unnie? Taeyeon should know. " Sunny asked back, raising one of her brows and completely baffled by the oddness in BoA's actions.

"No, no...I---- I just don't want to raise issues on favoritism and such. You know how it is in this industry, a little favor from a sunbae can easily be misinterpreted, plus, I wanna surprise Taeyeon myself about this little team-up between us. Does that make sense Sunny?" BoA reassured with a hidden smile while clasping Sunny's shoulder. The older hallyu star didn't want to leave any trace of her for her plan to work out. If Taeyeon knew she was behind this, Taeyeon would surely figure something out to ruin everything else for her.

While BoA waited for Sunny's reply, right outside the room, another female had bumped into BoA's manager as she was nearing the entrance door of the CEO's office.

"Ugh. Oh. Manager Seok. I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention to where I was heading."Tiffany immediately apologized after raising her head from her armful of folders. "Did you come out from the president's office? Is Secretary Park in?"

"Ms. Hwang." Chilmoo called out the girl manager as he retreated a few steps. He was a bit surprised but regained his composure. "Ah. yes. he is indeed inside. And please call me Chilmoo. We're both managers anyway."

"Oh. I see. Well, please call be Tiffany then." Tiffany replied back with an eye-smile, charming but courteous at the same time.

Just as BoA's manager bowed back, the door to the CEO's office swung open. Two women walked out, one with long chocolate brown hair and the other with a short bobcut that glowed like the sun. Manager Chilmoo stepped on the side as he observed the interaction between the three women in front of him, keeping himself silent as a crocodile in a river.

"I understand unnie." Sunny said to BoA who was walking a step behind the hallyu star.

Tiffany immediately recognized her idol and the fangirl within her resurfaced. She couldn't help it. She admired the hallyu star ever since her debut."Oh. Annyonghaseyo BoA-ssi." she greeted with glee.

BoA, whose eyes were still fixed on Sunny, suddenly turned her head towards the owner of the voice who greeted her."Huh? Oh...manager Hwang, isn't it?" 

"Please call me Tiffany. I'm your fan. I don't know if you remember" Tiffany said, clutching intensely to the folders in her hands.

BoA flipped her hair to the side and replied with a rather forced smile. "Yes. I remember Tiffany-ssi."

"Ah! I'm so happy to see you again." Tiffany eye-smiled again and then shifted to the other girl in front. She shuffled the folders to her left arm and held out her hand so that Sunny would reach out and greet her too. "Oh, I'm sorry. I think we haven't met. Do you know BoA-ssi? By the way, Tiffany imnida."

BoA suddenly averted her gaze and denied the relations before Sunny could speak. "Ah. Not really. I was just showing this girl around." Sunny looked up to BoA but she disregarded the denial and reverted back to the brunette.

Sunny took Tiffany's hand and shook it firmly. She recognized the girl before her, Taeyeon's manager and also Taeyeon's tango dance partner. Images from the concert two days ago flashed back into her brain which made her feel uncomfortably envious. She wasn't sure herself if she was jealous because Tiffany became Taeyeon's dance partner or just the fact that Taeyeon was quite close to the girl in front of her. "Ms. BoA was kind enough to help me meet SMent's CEO and as she said she was just showing me around. Just that, nothing else. But I think I know you. Aren't you Jumtaeng's manager? I'm Sunny. Nice to meet you."

"That was nice of Ms. BoA. Well as expected from an idol." Tiffany beamed at BoA and let go of Sunny's hand. Sunny's grip was sort-of tight for a girl of her height. The brunette brought back her hand to herself and decided to ask immediately after hearing an unfamiliar nickname referring to her client. "I am Kim Taeyeon's manager. But you said Jumtaeng?"

Sunny saw the puzzled look in Tiffany's face and she softly replied back. "It's what I call her. Well, used to call her."

"Oh. I see." Tiffany muttered under her breath. "So you know Taeyeon?"

Used to call her? Oh. Does she know Taetae? But I thought Tae didn't have a lot of friends back then. The only one I know would be Yuri-ah. Could Sunny be a fan? Maybe a previous staff? Wait. Why am I worried? Tiffany, you just met this person. There's nothing to worry about. You're deliriously overthinking again.

She was now more curious about the blonde rather than the idol she adored in her teen life and BoA noticed that Tiffany was starting to become more inquisitive.BoA and her manager cleared their throats almost at the same time to cut the conversation. It looked like they had the same idea in their heads. It was too early for the two to get to know each other.

"Excuse me, manager...I mean Tiffany. I believe you have some work that needs attention with secretary Park?" Manager Chilmoo interrupted, speaking for himself and BoA.

"Ah yes! Uhm..thanks..for reminding me. Well, it's nice to meet you, S--sunny." Tiffany blurted out as if she just woke up from a daze. She was still waiting for an answer from Sunny but she knew she had to do her duties. "Excuse me manager Chilmoo. I hope we can have coffee next time. Maybe you can teach me a thing or two about being a manager. BoA-ssi. I'm looking forward to your next album. Fighting!"

BoA just smiled and nodded while her manager replied with an empty promise of afternoon coffee on their next meet.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Manager Hwang. I hope you could take good care of me in the future." Sunny nodded slightly.

Tiffany excused herself and proceeded to the insides of the office and the two women and the manager walked along the halls quietly. They reached the second floor of the building. Sunny took out her army cap and donned her sunglasses.

"Unnie." Sunny muttered abruptly, stopping the three in their tracks. "What do you know about manager Hwang and Taeyeon?"

"Not much." BoA replied. "Wae? Do you think something's going on?" 

The older girl asked the blonde although she herself knew the answer to her own question. 

"Is there?" Sunny asked back with another question, tucking her hands in her jacket's pockets.

BoA smiled viciously. "Well, if I were you, I'd make sure Taeyeon would be mine. You already left for three years, it's enough time for her to move on. If I read your thoughts correctly, I'd say go for it. I'd rather see my two dongsaengs together. "

"Unnie..it's not..."

"Shush Sunny." BoA smirked. "I know everything."

Sunny looked down on the tiled floor and then raised her head. "Well, do you think she'll be happy to see me?"

"I bet she would. She better be or else she'll get the usual beating from me." BoA guaranteed her dongsaeng while acting like a complete lovable older sister. "Anyway, I have to go. I have some matters to attend with my manager. Remember what I told you in the office."

"Ne. Arasso." Sunny replied along with a nod. "I'll see you for training. Thanks unnie."

BoA barely nodded her head in response. She nudged her manager and walked off, leaving the blonde alone on the halls. "See you then, Sunny."

Once BoA and Manager Chilmoo vanished from the halls, Sunny's own phone vibrated against her thighs. She slipped the phone out of her front pocket and swiped the screen open.

"Sooyoungie?" Sunny asked. She moved to the direction of the stairs as she slowly descended unto the first floor.

"Hey. How did your meeting go? Shall I now officially call you a hallyu star?" the giant kidded.

Sunny chuckled at Sooyoung's comment. "I...I guess so. And guess what, I'm using the song you wrote for my single." The short blonde skipped through the steps on the stairs as she reported cheerfully the good news to her friend.

"What?! Cheongmal?" Sooyoung cried out on the other line and Sunny could sense she was doing her signature happy dance. "Jinja daebak!"

"Thanks Sooyoungie." Sunny interrupted the mini-celebration on the line.

"Yah! Come on out. Let's celebrate! You better treat me with good food!" Sooyoung cheered happily. "Where are you?"

Sunny started walking out through the entrance hall of the SMent building and she bowed to the receptionists at the desk before talking back to her phone."Yah. You're gonna rip off my savings just by talking about food." Sunny chided back.

"I deserve it Sunny-ah." Sooyoung replied back. "By the way, thanks for the irises. I didn't expect you'd remember my favorite."

"Of course I remember. That's the only other thing that will make you happy aside from food. That was also my thank you for the song." Sunny said. She paused in her steps and exhaled. "Sooyoungie, meet me at the club. Let's go out for dinner."

"Is it alright for a hallyu star like you to go out now?" Sooyoung bantered some more.

"Yah! You should feel honored that I'm even treating you out." Sunny replied. "You might not get another chance of this to happen again."

"Assa! Alright. See you then Sunny. I'll be waiting. Be careful Hallyu IDOL!" 

A click ended the conversation on the phone and Sunny was shaking her head from side to side. Sooyoung never failed to keep her spirits up. While thinking about her comrade for the past three years, Sunny noticed that she had ended walking in front of the huge plasma screen TV of Sment's entrance. The monitor was flashing pictures of SMent's artists, which included BoA and Taeyeon. Sunny slipped back into her thoughts and mindlessly tucked her phone back in her pocket.

Sooyoungie...In a matter of two months, my face and name shall be included in that list. Hallyu stars. BoA-unnie...Taeyeon...and finally me, Sunny. I'll finally reach my dream. Our dream. I hope you still remember. I miss our old times Taeyeon...BoA-unnie. I'll see you soon, Jumtaeng.

Sunny finally walked out of the entertainment building just as the elevator on the first floor opened. Taeyeon just got off from the phone from Yuri and she walked out of the recording room to breathe in fresh air. She noticed a short haired blonde girl just exit the glass doors of the building and the bright  honey yellow strands under the cap caught her attention. Something about the back of the woman in the distance reminded her of a silhouette she was familiar with. 

Even though she was hesitating, Taeyeon decided to pick up her steps and started to follow the figure. The girl was wearing some wayfarers that blocked Taeyeon's view of her face and the short gal was walking briskly. Taeyeon tried to catch up but the girl had already left. When Taeyeon came out of the building, she immediately scouted the street and the sidewalk to follow the person she saw a few seconds earlier. However, a few girls had blocked her way and started taking pictures of her. A small group had been waiting patiently outside hoping for an encounter with the hallyu star. About eight of her fans were waving papers and photos for her to sign. Taeyeon looked left and right but the girl she was following just vanished amongst the parked vehicles and the little crowd.  

"Taeyeon-ssi. Can we please get your signature and a picture?" 

"Chukahamnida on your concert Taeyeon-yang! I went there yesterday! You were great!"

"Please accept our gifts! We love you! AH! Saranghae Taeyeon-ssi!"

Taeyeon bowed to each one of them and gave in to her fans requests. It was a good thing that most of them were girls in their teens so Taeyeon was able to handle them fairly, despite the constant squeals. When she noticed that she was drawing more attention now from the other people on the streets and on the passing cars, Taeyeon cautiously retreated back into the building. A few of the building's security had also come to aid Taeyeon and shielded her from the fans that were unconsciously raiding the star's personal space. The fans groaned as the Taeyeon was brought back in but Taeyeon waved back just before the tinted glass doors closed. 

The hallyu star thanked the guards and proceeded to the information desk. She placed the gifts that were given by fans at her side and asked the lady who attented to the booth.

"Excuse me. Can you please tell me the name of the girl who just left the building? The one with short blonde hair? Is she a visitor?" Taeyeon inquired.

The lady smiled back to Taeyeon and rechecked her booklet listing all names of visitors in the building. "Ms. Kim. It says here Lee Sunny."

"Sunny?" Taeyeon pondered on the foreign name. Sunny...different name but why does she seem familiar to me? Lee?...could it be? Soonkyu? 

======================================================================================================

I am back with a clincher! Hahaha. Am i prolonging the agony guys? Anyway. you should all know by now. I've practically laid out the clues. All I have to do is fit the puzzle pieces together. Mwahaahah! *evil laugh!