Glass Lilies

Devils do cry (Hiatus)

A perplexed Tiffany walked out the door of the CEO's office and squatted on her heels. She was followed by Taeyeon who just leaned on the wall and tried to support her drained body. She placed her hand on her forehead trying to make sense of things happening. Tiffany clutched the binder close to her chest and swung her torso left and right like a small kid throwing a tantrum.

Aish. How childish! Tayeon thought as she watched the other girl in disbelief. Tiffany would have been a perfect catch for a girl but seeing her immaturity just turned it all off for Taeyeon.

The two remembered exactly everything that happened just a few moments ago.

----------------flashback------------------

"ANDWAEEEEEEEEE".

Both ladies shouted in unison and then stopped as they gasped for air.

"Why? What's going on?" The CEO glanced back and forth at Tiffany and Taeyeon.

"Out of respect to you CEO Lee. I object! I don't want her as my manager. Anyone but her!" Taeyeon said in rather a higher tone than before and approached the CEO.

Tiffany followed facing the older man before her. "With all due respect Mr. CEO. I also thought I heard you say that I'll be working for Ms. BoA, the hallyu star. I wanted to work for her that's why I left California and came here to Seoul. This....uhm...person right here isn't exactly------"

"Ehem..." SMent''s CEO finally interrupted. "Ms. Hwang. I'm sorry if you have probably heard me wrong. I only said that you had always wanted to work with Ms. BoA. I didn't exactly say you were going to work with her. Plus this lady before you is Ms. Kim Taeyeon, a rising hallyu star. Within this company, she's known as the 2nd BoA.As of now, we need a manager for her and you're the perfect person for the job."

The CEO was calm in explaining matters at hand.

"CEO Lee. I thought we agreed before that I only take male managers. You know that was one of my requests. How can she be capable of doing such a taskful job?" Taeyeon argued hinting on something to the CEO. The two secretaries behind Taeyeon just looked at each other in question.

"Well, you see Taeyeon. Your past record of male managers have not been very...let's say...long lasting. Wouldn't it be discrimination if we deny Ms. Hwang here to serve you as your manager? A female manager might be refreshing for you Taeyeon-ssi. In addition, Ms. Hwang here is linked with our company in LA. Since we are planning to debut Kim Taeyeon in the US in the near future, we might as well get a manager from there. It'll be like hitting two birds with one stone"

I'd like to be that bird and be hit by a stone now. Taeyeon thought.

"US debut? Why haven't I been told about this? What makes you think she'd be better than those guys before?" Taeyeon asked, annoyed that she was basically being paired up with a BoA fangirl.

Secretary Park suddenly interrupted the growing retaliation in the conversation and spoke in behalf of the president. "Sorry to interrupt but Ms. Kim, Taeyeon-ssi, your ex-manager have mentioned it before. The US debut is still a plan on the drating board and we are currently working things out for you.  Before your ex-manager left, he already had your schedule worked out for the next month. Ms. Hwang here will just resume to cover for your activities. There wouldn't be much of a difference really. Just a new manager. As women, we figured you'd get along better."

"What if I decline? I mean, I'll take anyone except her." Taeyeon conceitedly argued. Tiffany gasped, offended from Taeyeon's remark. She shook her head incredulously. She can't even believe she was even initially attracted to the petite girl before the poster tearing incident.

This time Mr. Kwan interrupted. "We have no choice but to take legal action Ms. Kim. Terminating the new manager will also mean that you're terminating your contract with us. If you decline this time, that will be considered a foul. We've been trying to fit the best possible manager for you and Ms. Hwang here was best qualified for the position. I believe it's time for you to try something new. Let's try to work this all out in everyone's favor Ms. Kim. It's for everyone's best interest and we as your managing agency actually just wants the best for you and your career."

The tension in the room suddenly went up a notch. Taeyeon was in trouble and she couldn't hide the fear in her face. She had no other choice but to give in. If it wasn't because of the ten year contract she had signed with SMent when she finished her training, she would have just bolted out the door. 

"Fine." Taeyeon said through gritted teeth.

Tiffany saw Taeyeon's expression and broke the silence after. "Well, what if I was the one to decline? I'm pretty sure her and I won't really get along. I'm sorry CEO Lee but I think youre quite mistaken with your choice. Please don't get me wrong. I am greatly honored by your offer and your trust in me in doing this job but I don't think it'll be a smooth sail between two women with absurdly polar personalities. I think I'd rather work even as a jantor for Ms. BoA than be her manager."

The CEO cleared again his throat. "I don't really understand what's going on here Ms. Hwang...Taeyeon-ssi...but I still belive this will work. Let's make a deal Ms. Hwang. If you take this manager position. I will very much reconsider you working for Ms. BoA instead if you have performed your job excellently. I'm sure manager Chilmoo wouldn't mind having an assistant beside him in managing BoA-ssi. Is that a fair deal for you? Ms. Hwang?"

Tiffany swallowed her saliva. She wouldn't be able to get any other better opportunity than this and it was worth trying. Even if she ends up as just BoA's assitant manger, she didn't mind. As long as she'd be working wth her idol.

"I guess it is, sir." Tiffany replied reluctantly. Why do I have to go through this field of torture?

Taeyeon's eyes rounded as she heard Tiffany agree freely upon being bribed with a chance on working with BoA. Gee...such a BoA fangirl!

"We have a deal then!" The CEO clapped his hands happily and he grabbed both Tiffany and Taeyeons hand and bound them together with his own. He shook all their hand up and down, smiling.

"To a new beginning!" He raised his right hand into a fist and yelled. "Ms. Kim and Ms. Hwang. Fighting!"

The two girls was shocked at the CEO and were about to laugh but they both realize the situation they were in and immediately became depressed, glaring opposite to each other.

The four people exited the CEO's room. Mr. Park then faced Tiffany and handed her a couple of binders and an envelope.

"Ms. Hwang. Here's a list of Ms. Kim's activities for the next 2 months. Everything has been organized however, they are also temporary. In case something comes up. anything can be added or deleted depending on future projects. The other binder contains Ms. Kim's and your contract containing all responsibilities of the manager and the artist handled. The usual works. You just have to comply to the rules and keep in line with the best interest for the artist. Please return the files to me after you have signed them. Her's also a company mobile phone you can use. I've already placed my contact as well as SMent's important numbers. The envelope contains your temporary Korean driver's license and...."

Mr. Park paused and retrieved something from his drawer.

"Here's the key to one of the company cars. You can use them freely for all Ms.Kim's needs. I believe Ms. Kim has a schedule today at a radio station so you'll have to drive her there. You just have to make sure everything follows accordingly and get to know most of the people, especially the producers. Please work hard Ms. Hwang. I'm sorry I won't have the time to introduce you around but I believe you have the right confidence to get acquainted with everyone.", the secretary cheered Tiffany on.

Tiffany accepted the key while Taeyeon just rolled her eyes and placed back her wayfarers over her eyes. Taeyeon was still having a hard time accepting her fate while Tiffany was trying her best to be professional about it.

"I'd also like to apologize personally Ms. Hwang. I know you just came in this morning and may still have a jet lag but unfortunately, business is business. Just make sure Taeyeon-ssi will get to her schedule today and you make take the day off tomorrow since Ms. Kim has no plans for that date." Mr. Kwan said in sympathy.

"Anniyo. I understand Mr. Park. Thank you for preparing all of these for me". Tiffany bowed to the two secretaries and went out the door followed by Taeyeon.

---------------------end of flashback-----------------------

"Where off to now, Manager Hwang?" Taeyeon asked lifelessly but emphasized on the word manager, rolling it off her tongue as if it was some distasteful crap. Taeyeon didn't even bother using honorifics towards Tiffany. She just found out from Mr. Park that they were basically of the same age.

Tiffany looked up at Taeyeon from her spot then stood up. She can't believe she's going to be stuck with this midget for her job. Taeyeon was really pretty up close but too bad the hallyu star's attitude was a rotten egg. She forcefully opened the binder for schedules and scanned through the calendar of activities. 

"You have a radio interview at KMrock at 2 in the afternoon." Tiffany said glancing at her wristwatch at the same time. It was 12:20 noontime. She composed herself and reconditioned her mind to become the ideal manager that she envisioned to be. This is all for your dream Tiffany...don't mind the rude shortie before you.

She faced Taeyeon and asked in a collected fashion. "It's noontime. Are you hungry? We can go eat before your scheduled interview."

Quite surprised with Tiffany's calm demeanor, Taeyeon lashed back dryly. "Do you think I could eat after what just happened? I already lost my appetite for the entire day. No, make that the entire week..."

Tiffany was close to pulling her hair as she stared blankly at Taeyeon. This is going to be like hell. She's like a little devil.

"Suit yourself then. I don't care if you'd like to starve yourself. As long as you just do your job as a hallyu star." Tiffany turned around as she started to move towards the elevator. "C'mon. Let's go. Unless you want me to drag you along the stairs."

Taeyeon opened in disgust. For a pretty girl, Tiffany somehow knew how to push her buttons.

"We have to go by my house." Taeyeon blurted out wryly as she thought of a way to get back at her new manager.  

"Wae?" Tiffany responded, annoyed.

"Oh nothing really. Just some crazy girl poured some soda on me earlier", Taeyeon pointed to the cola stain on her sweater."Remember this?"

Tiffany rolled her eyes. "I feel sorry for that crazy girl. I think one soda can wasn't enough." She spun around smirking but still she did not apologize to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon puffed her cheeks and raised her arms behind her head. She really thought she had the brunette twirling in her fingers but apparently it wasn;t going the way she had wanted.

I hate this. I hate this. Why her? Tiffany Hwang! I'll make this job a living hell for you. Just you wait!

Both of them walked into the elevator and went down the garage. They both found the company car which was a black Honda Odyssey minivan. The windows of the car were tinted and the body of the car was waxed new. Tiffany went to the driver's seat while Taeyeon climbed into one of the back seats.

"Hurry up. What's your address?" Tiffany propped herself in her seat and readjusted the mirror. She checked the GPS system installed in the car and waited for Taeyeon's reply.

"I'll tell you as you go. I don't want you to save my address on this car." Taeyeon said as she buckled her seatbelt and stared aimlessly in front.

"Fine. Fine." Tiffany shrugged her shoulders. Expertly, Tiffany revved up the engine and backed the car. "Hold on to your seat then."

With her last words, Tiffany smirked. Taeyeon saw Tiffany's face from the front view mirror and her pupils dilated.

Tiffany floored the gas and swerved the car, throwing Taeyeon's body from side to side.

"YaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

----------------------------------------------------------

"Take a left turn at Cheongdam street. Turn left. Destination in 0.3 miles."

Yuri took a left turn following the voice instructions of the GPS and slowed down her car. She quickly looked for a parking space and luckily there were a few spots open.

"You have arrived at your destination".

Yuri unplugged the device and stashed it back in her dashboard. She grabbed her Rayban and slingbag with the little handbook in it. The gorgeous tanned girl climbed out of her car and stood by the sidewalk. She grabbed the book and checked the address again. She walked by a few fashion clothing stores and came to a stop at the glass fronted building.

She looked up at the sign.

Cheongdam visuelle galerie.

Could Stephanie be working at this place? Interesting.

Yuri entered the building and was greeted by the receptionist. She strutted her way to the front desk. Even the receptionist admired how hot-looking Yuri was.

"Bienvenue mademoiselle. Welcome to Cheongdam Visual Gallery. Please have some time to look at our feature masterpieces"

"Ah yes. Thank you". 

Yuri was about to ask about Stephanie but she forgot about one thing. AIGOO! She doesn't even know Stephanie's last name. She hit her forehead with the palm of her hand.

Maybe if I go around I'd be able to see her work here. Yuri thought and so she walked around inspecting the paintings and sculptures while browsing for the girl she just met this morning.

She searched around the small gallery but she couldn't see any trace of Stephanie. She felt hopeless but she stopped in front of a painting that was just about the size of her face. The painting was a vibrant mix of white and purple flowers. The white petals captured Yuri's attention. She took off her Rayban and she bent her head sideways in admiration of the artwork. Somehow the painting drew her in and made her feel all warm and fuzzy and absentmindedly making her smile from ear to ear.

"Lilies?"

A gentle cherubic female voice resonated towards Yuri.

"Huh?" Yuri blurted out from being startled.

Yuri looked from the painting and into a beautiful lady beside her. She was like a princess with beauteous wavy brown locks with a hint of blonde and a rather pale complexion. Her lips were thin and luscious as she spoke again. Yuri's jaw fell open as she faced a lady who instantly caught her heart.

"Lilies. White lilies. You were  looking at this painting?" the girl pointed out.

Yuri slowly closed back and nipped the tip of her sunglasses. "Ah yeah. It's really interesting to see some lilies on a painting."

Yuri was still admiring the petite princess before her and then she shook her head breaking off from what seemed to be a trance. The girl smiled before her while Yuri continued explaining.

"Ugh..hehe..you must think it's weird but I like lilies. My name means lily in Japanese but it means also glass in Korean. I'm Yuri. Kwon Yuri".

She clipped her sunglasses to her tunic top and reached out her hand to the lady. The other brought up her arm and  shook Yuri's hand lightly while bowing.

"My name's Jessica. Jessica Jung."

Yuri felt her cheeks redden as she stared at the lips that spoke. Her heart was thumping and she could only imagine those lips brushing into her own. She hadn't felt this for a very long time and even though she often went clubbing with Hyoyeon and Nicole, no girl has ever set her heart on such a 100 meter dash.

"Nice to meet you then Ms. Kwon. I hope you'd enjoy browsing at the art pieces here. There are more at the other side of the floor. I'd leave you back to your selection. Just call me up if you find any interesting piece you'd like to get." Jessica said while pursing her lips into a shy smile. Jessica turned around and was about to leave Yuri alone.

"Chakamaneyo", Yuri blurted out of the blue, reaching out for the blonde's shoulder.

"Hmm?" Jessica raised her brows cutely as she looked back at Yuri and then to the hand that was laid over her shoulder.

Ottoke. Ottoke. What to do? Yuri-ah! Come on! Think! Think! Be smooth!

"Oh, sorry." Yuri suddenly withdrew her hand away. Yuri hasn't been this tensed before even though Hyoyeon often called her as a player. Apparently Yuri was not in her player mode but she surely wanted to know this Jessica better. The thoughts of Stephanie in her head just flew out the window as she could only think of getting Jessica to go with her.

"Uhm...I'm...I'm...looking for...ugh...a painting" Yuri stammered, swallowing her saliva. She flet like she had a cat's tongue as words scraped through .

"Oh..okay." Jessica replied earnestly. "We have 30 sets of on display for this month. I've got 12 out of those."

"Yes..a painting..to give to my friend. As a present. For her house. For my friend...ughmmm...a painting..." Yuri was then blabbing gibberish like some fool. She was trying to make Jessica stay with her longer but it only looked like she was some girl with some mental and speech probelms.

"Oh". Jessica delicately said, discreetly smiling from Yuri's weird responses. "Well, what does your friend like?"

"hmmm...she likes..uhm...nature, she also likes flowers....colors blue and purple." Yuri went on and kept on thinking about Taeyeon's profile to provide as a excuse. "uhm...uhmmm....what else?...."

"Well, your friend seems to like a lot of stuff." Jessica chuckled while she crossed her arms and thought deep. "We could talk about it more----"

"Can we talk about it over a cup of coffee then?" Yuri finally asked, cutting Jessica off mid-sentence.

Jessica's lips curved into a smile. "I was about to say that too. There's a cafe down this street that I like. You might like it too. Shall we?"

"Of course! I mean..yeah..yeah..sure." Yuri still stammered but her heart was leaping with joy since she was going to get more time with such a princess.

Jessica simply smiled and led the way out and she and Yuri started conversing more as they strolled down to the coffee shop.

______________________________________________________________________

 

btw, here's the pic of the painting I was referring in the story.

enjoy ^^,