Blank chapter

Devils do cry (Hiatus)

I love it. 1, 2 step! We about to get it on!

"Yoboseyo". Yuri answered her phone after Taeyeon left the practice room.

"Excuse me guys, phone call" Yuri whispered, pointing to her phone and walking a few meters away from the other three.

Hands neatly folded on her lap, Tiffany moved her gaze and goggled on the person walking away. Slowly, she fantasized on her despite thinking about Taeyeon just a few minutes ago and wondering about the oddities in her artist's behavior. 

Geez, Yuri's really beautiful. Her sophistication comes out naturally. Her charms just exudes from every inch. Almost perfect... kinda rough at times but has a sense of humor. Quite manly and exceptionally cool. Forgiving and friendly... admirable...anything one would want for a girlfriend.. Ah! I didn't expect we'd see each other again. This must be God's answer to my prayer!!! She must be...

Then, Taeyeon popped into her head. Amidst her ogling on Yuri, Tiffany's head was replaced with images of Taeyeon, one shot larger from the previous.

Taeyeon! Aish! That obnoxious and childish hallyu star. always full of herself...inimical...totally stubborn...a total prankster.  The hateful list is just endless....Her and Yuri are such opposite ends of a pole! The difference is such night and day... How can Yuri  tolerate such a person! Sigh. If only Taeyeon was Yuri instead. That would have been great!

Despite the fact that she was crushing on Yuri, Tiffany still had Taeyeon's image locked in her head.

Wait.... Why am I even thinking about Taeyeon?!! Yuri here's much better...she's...but---? *sigh Tae--- Damn it Tiffany...stop this.

Hyoyeon and Nicole didn't have their attention on Tiffany who was musing over Yuri since they were busy finishing up their meal and being lovey-dovey towards each other. However, in between sweet moments with Nicole, Hyoyeon did notice some sighs and pouts from Tiffany. She followed Tiffany's gaze and saw that it was Yuri she was watching from afar. It made her wonder why Tiffany was staring that way at her friend and then suddenly, Taeyeon sprung into her head.

Odd. Looks like Tiffany-ssi here likes Yuri. Can't blame her though. Any girl could fall instantly for that y charmer. But why is Tiffany-ssi sighing? Is something bothering her? Could it be? Hmmm...

Hyoyeon pursed her lips and leaned forward on her knees, continually observing the brunette in a distance.

Aish. Poor Taeyeon. She'll definitely lose to Yuri even if Yuri doesn't do anything. Tsk. Tsk. I guess I'll have to help that co-danshin out. I just wish that freaking star could figure out and secure her feelings. Or else this would end up just in circles. I hate this cupid job.

The blonde dancer kept herself quiet and spied on Tiffany more while Yuri on the corner started talking on the phone.

"Yeah? What's up?" 

It was Jessica who was on the other line and Yuri was smiling from ear to ear upon hearing the mousy voice.

"Got business to do tonight Ms. Lily?"

"None, I guess. I got nothing to do tonight." Yuri replied, raising her brows in curiosity.

"Hmmm...Have dinner with me then."

Yuri pulled the phone away from her ear for a second, surprised from the sudden invitation. Calming her beating heart, she composed herself and asked back. "Wae?"

"Wae? Can't two close friends get dinner together?"

After being elated for a moment, Yuri's mood plunged down upon hearing such a casual word. All the while, she thought she and Jessica had already an understanding. "Chingu? Just friends? I thought---"

"Wae? Is there more to us than that?"

Clearly Jessica was teasing Yuri from the other end but Yuri was still hanging on to the word "friends" in her head.

"Gureyo?" Yuri asked, reconfirming her doubts.

A giggle was heard from Jessica's end and this baffled Yuri even more. "It's fine if you don't------"

"Ah! A-a-anniyo. I'd...I would... love that." Yuri quickly interrupted. She was still confused but she wasn't throwing the chance for dinner with Jessica out of the window.

"Great Ms. Lily-ah! Pick me up at my studio. I'll send you the address. Don't be late. I get cranky when I'm hungry." Jessica playfully replied and waited for Yuri's confirmation.

"Arasso." Yuri replied, followed by a dreary suspiration.

Jessica continued to giggle for no reason and finally bid her farewell. "Later Ms. Lily. Bye."

"I'll see you then. Bye."

Yuri finally flipped her phone to hang up. She shook her head as she stared at Jessica's name on her phone.

Chingu? But I thought we're...? And the dinner...?

Yuri continued to pout. Even though she'd had several experiences dealing with women, there were still times wherein she couldn't just have the same wavelength with them even though she shares the same biological anatomical design.

Hmmpff...that chic's playing hard to get. Argghh...Sica, you're totally confusing me.

She smirked thinking about Jessica's scheme and walked drearily towards the other three back at the table side. Yuri collapsed like a kid next to Tiffany's chair and tucked her phone back in her hoodie's pocket. Tiffany, surprised by Yuri's actions, blushed since Yuri was again just less than a meter away from her. Yuri just leaned back on her chair, straightened her legs and stared at the ceiling, unnoticing the reactions she was eliciting on Taeyeon's manager and just thinking about Jessica.

Sensing Yuri's slightly drowned spirits and Tiffany's flush, Hyoyeon stood up after finishing her meal and wiped her hands with some tissue. She wallked to Yuri and popped the crumbled sheet at the reclined girl.

"Troubled player Yuri-ah? Told ya too many girls would become a problem" Hyoyeon teased but she was also curious about Yuri's conversation on the phone.

"Very funny Hyo. It's nothing really." Yuri said, totally hiding her smirk  and frowning after being labelled as a player again.

Hyoyeon raised a brow at Yuri and pouted provocatively. "Sure thing playa. Don't come telling me later on to hide you from your dates."

On Yuri's side, Tiffany slumped back a little. Her thoughts started to lean towards discouragement.

So Yuri's a player? Well, come to think of it, she's really a catch. It would be hard to believe if she's not hooked up. I guess she really is a player. Tiffany, there's no use going after such a gal. Plus she's Taeyeon's friend. It would be tough....wait, why do I keep on dragging Taeyeon back into my head? Jinja, Tiffany! Stop this!

"Quit it you two before you start another fight." Nicole intercepted Hyo and Yuri's petty squabble as she closed up her styro box and placed her chin on Hyo's shoulder. "Anyhow, do you feel better Yuri-ah?"

"Yeah Nicole. Thank you for asking." Yuri answered back and then looked towards her untouched spicy lunch and then to Tiffany. "But I guess I won't try kimchi fried rice for some time."

Yuri tittered while Tiffany's shoulders slenderly raised at the timely joke. Tiffany was reminded again of her fault and reddened, not from blushing towards Yuri but just purely embarrased from her immaturity to go along with Taeyeon's antics.

"Cheseonghamnida. I'm really sorry Yuri-ssi. It's just that I wanted to teach Taeyeon some lesson...", Tiffany apologized again, bowing her head.

"C'mon, I already told you that I'm fine Stephanie. Stop worrying too much. If you don't stop saying sorry then I'd really start to think you had meant to prank me in the first place." Yuri said, convincing the worrisome manager. The couple just nodded at Tiffany, affirming Yuri's previous statement and the upright brunette loosened up a bit and gave a weak smile. 

"And don't worry about the food thing Stephanie. It's not your fault. I've heard of the wasabi-kimbap exchange you already had with Taeyeon just the other day. I must say, that was hilarious on what you did to Taeyeon. Even I can't do that to her. I've heard of people arguing with words but I guess you two have a way with your food..." Yuri jested, while putting one hand at her nape and laughing it out. "This time, I guess it was just unlucky of me to be caught in the cross fire."

"What? You've heard about that too? Aish..now it's even more embarassing..." Tiffany chuckled along with Yuri, hiding her second wave of shame.

Yuri dropped her hand from her neck and playfully bumped her shoulder with Tiffany's. "Nothing to be embarassed. I'm actually glad you're Taeyeon's manager. I haven't seen that hallyu star so worked up from the time we've met until now.  As her closest friend, I would like to thank you. I like this more expressive Taengoo and it's all because of you."

"Really? Expressive? I thought she'd been like that ever since...oh well, she started most of it... I'm just fighting back. She deserves a lesson or two for being a brat." Tiffany grumbled. "That little twerp."

"Haha. I knew it. You're perfect for Taeyeon as her manager! You show no fear before that devil." Yuri cheered. "But I'd like you to grant me one favor from me Stephanie."

"What is it Yuri-ssi?" Tiffany asked immediately. She felt as if she was getting closer to Yuri than before and her crush level on the taller woman decreased as she viewed Yuri more as a friend.

"Do continue teaching Taeyeon a lesson, she needs it........." Yuri said, her thin lips falcating upwards. "And also stop addressing me as Yuri-ssi. Makes me feel old. I'm taller than Taeyeon but definitely younger." 

The couple couldn't agree more as Nicole and Hyoyeon let out a laugh at Yuri's childish remark. Tiffany just smiled and cheekfully flushed again as she touched the arm that Yuri just nudged. Even after learning that Yuri might be a player and would be better suited to her as a good friend, Tiffany still couldn't get over her petty crush on Yuri. She was still irrisistable, no matter how she looked at it.

Hyoyeon saw the continued interaction between the two and she only shook her head at the sight of Tiffany still being charmed by Yuri. The blonde dancer could only sigh and thought again of the hallyu star. 

Aish. Taeyeon-ssi. Get back here. You're totally going to lose  to Yuri even before you'll be able to recognize that there's actually a competition.

"Looks like everything's cool here." Nicole exclaimed and stretched her hands forward and then backwards. "Well, we better continue with the dance routine. Time's ticking. We can't just hang around talking all day."

Nicole had a point but Hyoyeon knew she had to do something to delay the dance brainstorming further so Taeyeon could come back.

"Let's get back on it after 10 minutes. I can't really dance when I'm full plus let's wait for Taeyeon-ssi to get her back here." Hyoyeon added, contemplating whether Taeyeon would really decide to come back or not. Well, at least Hyoyeon did her part. Nicole immediately realized what Hyoyeon was thinking. It was as if the two had antennaes that constantly communicated one's brain thoughts towards the other without vocal aid.

"Arasso", Nicole and Yuri replied.

The couple took the initiative to clean up after their lunch while Tiffany insisted on helping them. Yuri, on the other hand, just squatted on the floor knowing the three already had their hands full. The tanned dancer just kept on looking at incoming messages on her phone. She  just received the address on where she was meeting up Jessica and her heart and brain were beginning to argue again.

A few more minutes have passed and the rest were ready to get back on dancing, however, their main cast still wasn't back from her meek exit. All of them began to wonder but it was Tiffany who was slightly upset with Taeyeon's tinge of unprofessionalism.

"Wonder what's taking Taeyeon-ssi so long... Is she still practicing with us?" Nicole asked while backhugging Hyoyeon.

"I guess she's given up...but work is work, we better get started again." Hyoyeon said, slightly dismayed on Taeyeon but preferred to get the ball rolling.

Tiffany heard Nicole and Hyo's comments. As Taeyeon's manager, she suddenly felt responsible. It was indeed her duty to keep the star on track and she should probably check up on Taeyeon by now. 

"I'll get her. Sorry for making you guys wait", Tiffany becked as she moved out of the practice room.

Hyoyeon's eyes widened at Tiffany's sudden initiative to take Taeyeon back. She leaned back to Nicole and mumbled under her breath, seeking support from her girlfriend. "Tch...I hope you don't screw up this time, Taeyeon-ssi".

"Huh? What'd you say Hyo-baby?" Nicole whispered back to Hyoyeon's ear.

"Nothing Nic. C'mon, let's pick up from the last step." Hyoyeon replied as she tugged on Nicole's hand and dragged her back to practice.

"Okay babe."

--------------------------------------

Taeyeon had been in the washroom for the past 10 minutes or so. She had let the faucet run and water had been flowing endlessly. She faced back on the mirror and splashed some more water on her face while murmurring words under her breath.

"I DON'T * splash....... CARE * splash......AT ALL *splash." Taeyeon repeated to herself while pelting her face with palmfuls of water.

The danked hallyu star tapped the faucet off gruffly and plucked out paper towels from the dispenser on the wall. 

Yuri's a player. What's new? Hell I care if she does. She does it all the time. But with Tiff-----Aish. I'm seriously going crazy. Why am I even thinking about Tiffany..I mean Manager Hwang? Does she like Yuri? But what about yesterday? Yesterday....no... Taeyeon, this is a mistake. Aish... I  must not like her. She's your manager, for crying out loud Taeyeon!

A loud grunt came from Taeyeon and she ruffled her wet locks.

But...but do I really like her somehow? why...why now?...why her?

Taeyeon confronted the mirror and wiped some of the slipping dabs of water from her face. She just realized how exhausted she was from practicing all morning and battling with her inner demons. Burying her hands at the back of her neck, she bent down with elbows towards the sink and breathed calmly. Right at that moment, Tiffany walked into the washroom and spotted her precious prideful artist resting on top of the washstands.

What is wrong with her? Don't tell me she'd been here all this time? 

"Yah. Kim Taeyeon. Time to go back. Your friends are waiting for you." Tiffany chided, slightly irritated seeing that Taeyeon had been wasting time in the washroom. "Were you here for the past 15 minutes?"

Taeyeon turned her head and peeked from her elbows. Seeing Tiffany with her arms crossed above her chest was the only time Taeyeon was able to snap back to reality and recognize that it was her manager reprimanding her. For some odd reason, her blood boiled at the sight of Tiffany but it was surpassed with the thunderous beating of her heart. Taeyeon stood up and brushed her wet hair aside with a nervous but confused look.

"I-I-I wanna stop f-f-for now. I------- I'll be at the recording studio. I'll get back to dance practice with everyone else after some time." Taeyeon stammered, unable to decide whether she was angry or happy that Tiffany had come to fetch her.

"Recording studio? You're supposed to be teaming up with everyone else back at the practice room for your new number. Why are you running away?" Tiffany inquired, her tone was a bit higher and louder but Taeyeon didn't notice as she was cowering away from Tiffany.

Taeyeon didn't exactly understand how she felt but she was having trouble seeing Tiffany straight face to face. "I...I'm not running away. I'm just---" 

"Look. I'm sorry for the fried rice." Tiffany apologized, which surprised the brunette herself since she did intend to play the prank on the brat earlier. "C'mon, stop being mad at me for the prank. I promise you, no more food wars from me.  Yuri and the rest are waiting."

"I'm not mad about the kimchi rice..."Taeyeon murmurred, a bit surprised with Tiffany apologizing for the incident but the sudden mention of Yuri's name stirred the green eyed monster again in her heart which Taeyeon did not want to handle. 

The hallyu star's manager was even more confused than Taeyeon. "Oh, what seems to be bothering you then?" 

"Tiff- I mean, Manager Hwang, do.......uhmmm....you....like...................................yu.........ri?" Taeyeon asked, fidgeting.

"Huh? What'd just say? I'm sorry, I didn't hear you well." Tiffany replied honestly. "Speak louder."

"Uhmmm..nothing. I'll get back to the practice room after getting something from the studio. Excuse me."

"But Taeyeon-------"

Disappointed and also flustered from bringing up such a question, Taeyeon immediately rushed outside the washroom without looking at her manager. This gave Tiffany a shock.

Now, what's gotten into her? I already said sorry. Did I do something else that upset her?! Aish jinja. Sometimes, I really just can't understand her.

Not wanting another argument to brew between Taeyeon and herself, Tiffany left the washroom and went back apologizing to Yuri, Hyo and Nic for the star's behavior. The three dancers waved it off and continued planning on more routines even without their main man. Tiffany slouched back in one of the chairs and watched the three dancers, especially Yuri, go back on their work. Pawing on the list of schedules and concert documents, Tiffany felt herself also slip into her work mode. However, at the same time, she couldn't get her mind off Taeyeon and how everything was still a mess between her and the so-called hallyu star. In contrast to the earlier indifference she had for Taeyeon, Tiffany suddenly felt sympathy. She picked up a picture of Taeyeon from the pile of concert papers she was organizing and reflected on it.

I just wish I could understand you better...Taeyeon. All you have to do is tell me what has been bothering you...

--------------------------

"Hmmm, it's getting really late." Yuri said while looking at her watch. She was starting to get a little impatient after practicing and formulating steps again and again. Ammended to that, it was close to 7 pm and she was supposed to meet Jessica in a few minutes.

Taeyeon didn't come back at all for the rest of the afternoon. Tiffany searched the studio but couldn't find her. She had tried calling on Taeyeon's phone but she later realized that Taeyeon had left her mobile phone at the studio. She went back to the practice room disappointed and told the rest that Taeyeon had bailed out on them.

Since this was already a common behavior of Taeyeon, Hyoyeon convinced Tiffany to just let their unpredicatable acquaintance go and slip off from practice. With a heavy heart, Tiffany once again apologized for Taeyeon's rude bahavior. Yuri explained to Tiffany that it was fine and it wasn't really her fault since all the other past managers had the same problems with Taeyeon as she worked. Nicole affirmed this and told Tiffany that it was best to leave Taeyeon alone when she's not in the social mood. Tiffany, feeling sorry and convinced that Taeyeon was being stubborn again, chose to stay a bit longer to accompany the dancers. She decided herself that she'll deal with Taeyeon later tonight or on the next day instead. 

"It's past 6 pm. Guess I'll be going ahead of you guys." Yuri exclaimed while rushing to stow her stuff inside her sports bag in one go.

"Eh?! Are you going somewhere Yuri? Can't you stay for a lil' while and have a cup of coffee or probably dinner with us and Tiffany-ssi?" Nicole said eyeing her chick friend like a lost kitty. Yuri watch her friend purring like a kitten then glanced at Tiffany who suddenly blushed and became agitated by the look that Yuri emitted.

"Uh... Sorry guys but I really need to go, I just remembered I had an appointment tonight." Yuri said as she slinged her bag over her shoulder.

"Hmmm, an appointment huh?!" Hyo suddenly grabbed Yuri from the back of her shoulder which gave her a fright and whispered, "Where are you off to again player Yul?"

"Uhmm... No, I mean my friend from my hometown wanted to see me since she just got here and wants to have dinner and catch...up...to..ge..ther" Yuri gabbed slowly while trying to release herself from Hyo's grip. 

Hyoyeon was a little suspicious but decided to let her player friend go. "Well, I guess that's a wrap for today."

"What about Taeyeon-ssi, Yuri-ah?" Nicole asked.

"Uhmm..." Yuri hesitated, contemplating whether she'd go off and see Taeyeon first before meeting up Jessica. As her buddy, it was her obligation to seek Taeyeon, although Yuri knew well enough that Taeyeon might want her "alone" time, same as the previous cases when she'd just disappear. "I guess I'll find her at her house-----"

"Don't you guys worry. I'll see her. She's got some explaining to do." Tiffany interrupted Yuri mid-sentence as she stood up and folded up her papers into her pink binder. "I guess we'll have coffee or dinner on another day, Hyoyeon and Nicole. I apologize."

"No. no. That's ok Tiffany-ssi. We can always grab dinner on the next practices. What's important is you find Taeyeon-ssi and tell her that Hyo and I will tie her up next time so she could practice" Nicole smiled back and her eyes squinted into tiny slits.

Yuri was more than happy knowing that Tiffany somehow cared for Taeyeon like a real manager would do and this somehow gave Yuri some time and space to take things in her life rolling without Taeyeon interrupting.

"That solves it then. Thanks Stephanie" Yuri said excitedly and sped off to the room's exit. However, before she turned to leave, she shouted back to the three. "Good work today guys. I'll see you all tomorrow. And Stephanie, beat up Taeyeon for me when you go see her. I'm glad I'm working with you. Annyong!"

"Yah! You better be here tomorrow Yuri-ah!" Hyoyeon barked while Yuri just playfully stuck her tongue out. "Aish, you and Taeyeon-ssi. Arasso. Now, get lost player!"

Yuri just laughed. "Whatever Hyo. Bye guys!" 

"Bye Yuri-ah. See yah!" Nicole bid back and Tiffany followed. "Thank you for your hard work Yuri. Annyong."

Finally with a wave of a hand, Yuri disappeared behind the exit door. A few minutes after, Hyoyeon and Nicole also bid goodblye to Tiffany and they left walking side by side. The room was suddenly empty and Tiffany could only hear her rattled thoughts in silence. Left alone in the room, she calmly decided to settle matters with the brat before another day of work starts by the next morning. She picked up Taeyeon's phone which she left at the studio and the glittery backpack that contained Taeyeon's stuff from the floor. The phone lit up when Tiffany unintentioanally brushed the screen. Taeyeon's picture of her devilish emo concept in her rock concert was displayed as a wallpaper on the device. She whipped the backpack to her shoulder along with her messenger bag and binder while still staring at the phone's monitor. She couldn't take her gaze away from Taeyeon's picture.

Tiffany. I guess it's time to face the devil again. sigh. What the heck is wrong with you? You, hallyu star...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

filler chap. am seriously having a writer's block and the rainy weekend is no help at all. i'm preparing yulsic's date...ah, hopefully i get inspiration. will read other affs first. for now, enjoy :(