Eye-smiling manager

Devils do cry (Hiatus)

Tiffany was walking briskly, evading anymore contact with the little dwarf that just ripped her idol's poster. She basically dashed out of the incident like Flash and scurried off to the bent curve of the hallway. As soon as she saw a trash bin, she tossed the can and wiped her hands with her handkerchief. She was mentally scolding herself for being such a clumsy person and for even getting attracted to the other girl initially. She suddenly started wondering if the petite pepero haired shortie was an antifan who managed to sneak into the building.

They should tighten up the security in this place. They'll never know when their stars might be in danger! Geez!

Tiffany's notions went overboard again. Flustered, she tried to calm herself down before entering the CEO's office.She grabbed the handle of the door and sighed.

What i did was too harsh though. I've been such a liquid hazard zone today. Coffee-1. Coke-1. I wonder what's next, tea perhaps? 

Tiffany pursed her lips and furrowed her brows.

No, she deserved it. She ripped BoA's precious poster. That's more than enough to drench her in soda. If I was given another chance, I'd say throw in a keg!

Tiffany nodded but then shook her head, with her hand still clinging on the main office door handle.

Will you focus at the task at hand? Tiffany, you'll be getting your job. Go get yourself in that office!

It seemed that Tiffany had a multipersonality disorder as she was contemplating over the series of incidents that occured to her that day. She pushed the heavy door open and she was greeted by a young man behind a desk.

"Ms. Hwang Miyoung,", the man stood up."Hi, I'm Park Sahyeon. I'm the secretary in charge for directing the managers for the different artists in this company. Thank you for coming in such a short notice."

The man reached out his hand and shook Tiffany's hand. 

"No problem. I'll be glad to work with you guys here in Seoul." Tiffany smiled back in reply.

"One moment Ms. Hwang". 

Secretary Park pressed a button on his table and spoke to the small speaker box. "Sir, Ms. Hwang is here. Should i send her in?"

"Yes. Yes, Mr. Park. Both of you can come in now."

The intercom beeped. 

Secretary Park then took several binders from his desk and requested Tiffany to follow him a room further to the back of the office. He knocked and opened the door to a huge modern office that had a wide glass window view of the city. The furniture were all made of steel and glass. On the opposite side of the walls were all the albums that were produced by SMent and shelves containing various trophies and awards glinted in the corners of the room. Everything inside this powerful office boasted achievements garnered by the company for years.

Tiffany initiated the greeting with a 90-degree bow. "Annyonghaseyo. A pleasure to finally meet you Mr. Lee, sir"

In front of her was the CEO himself. He gestured to the two to sit down in front of his desk.

"I'm glad you came Ms. Hwang. Your boss in LA commended you highly so you were chosen for this new task. I've heard you've always wanted to work with BoA.Your hard working attitude and people skills have caught our attention and we would like to test you out as a manager to one of our hallyu stars."

The CEO was straightforward with his words. Tifanny was dazed and her hearing only filtered one word and one name, echoing in her head. 

Hallyu? Is it really? Oh my god! Jinja! Daebak!!! It's got to be Boa-ssi! Tiffany! This is your luckiest day! All those hard work. Finally, to be working for the best idol in the world!

A brewing excitement filled up Tiffany's chest as she eagerly listened to CEO Lee. She couldn't believe all what she was hearing.

"So would you take our offer Ms. Hwang?"

"YES!", Tiffany hollered as she bolted up from her seat then she slowly realized her outrageous burst as two pairs of questioning eyes from two men in front and beside her pierced through her.

"I mean, yes Mr. Lee. It would be my pleasure. Thank you very much", She slowly said as she lowered herself back to her seat, completely embarassed. The two men simply smiled and the CEO was even amused with the spontaneous reaction.

A buzzing sound was heard while Tiffany was talking. Secretary Park pulled forward his blazer and retrieved his phone from the inside pocket. He slid his thumb over the screen and read what seemed to be an SMS that he was expecting. He cleared his throat and stood up, disrupting the conversation momentarily.

"I'm sorry to cut in CEO Lee. I've received a message. She's here. Shall I call her in?"

CEO Lee raised his brows and unclipped his fingers and gestured to his secretary."Yes, please Mr. Park".

Tiffany just questioningly glanced from the company boss to the secretary. The well-dressed man stood up from his seat and bowed courteously before disappearing through the door of the room.

She's here? Her?

Tiffany slowly realized that she was meeting her idol finally and the idea suddenly gave her goosebumps for she had not expected things to happen so fast. Tiffany quickly arranged her fringe and slid the bridge of her glasses up. She took out her notepad and sat attentively on the chair, anticipating for her meet and greet with her long beloved idol.

----------------------------------------------

Taeyeon was alone in the room and she was starting to get bored. Even though her anger was slowly dissipating, her boredom was slowly taking over. She swung the swivel chair from side to side, making a ride out of it. Slightly entertained, she spun the chair around like a spinning teacup in an amusement park. Her instantaneous choding-ness (childishness) came out. She was spinning herself round and round when the door opened and Mr. Kwan entered the room, quite dumbfounded by what he saw. It was rare to see Kim Taeyeon in her child-like behavior especially in the workplace since everyone already got used to her blunt and rash attitude.

The small kid suddenly sprung up from the chair and cleared , quite abashed from what happened.

"You did not see that Mr. Kwan." Taeyeon said while clearing and the secretary just bowed his head, acknowledging Taeyeon's remark.

"So what's up with this emergency meeting Mr. Kwan? Did I do something again? Is my manager in?"Taeyeon inquired, back to her rugged socials. She doesn't mean to be coarse towards other people but she was just emitting such a dark aura around her.

"You'll get to know about it once we meet the rest Ms. Kim. Please follow me Ms. Kim". Mr. Kwan directed her outside. Taeyeon simply sighed heavily, clearly showing her disinterest and complaining attitude but oddly complied.

Taeyeon brushed her sweater once more, checking if the stained spot had completely dried up and picked up her slingbag. They walked down the quiet hallway as if they were heading to some dungeon in an old castle, their footsteps clanking. They then entered the last room, the seat of power of SMent and Taeyeon just rolled her eyes behind her wayfarers. She disliked going into this office and she knew the company head had something to say to her once again. She respects the old man like her father but like everyone else, Taeyen just doesn't like to interact with him unless they were talking about her job and her music.

Inside, both Taeyeon and Mr.Kwan were greeted by one of the other secretaries, Mr. Park, who smiled meekly.

"They're waiting for you". Mr. Park opened the door to the CEO office and a slow tiny squeak broke the silence into the next room.

Tiffany heard the door open.

Dugeun. dugeun.

Her heart was beating wildly in her chest, ready to pounce out of her ribcage. She and the CEO stood up from their seats and Tiffanys back was still facing the door. Tiffany held tightly to her notepad and turned around, her gaze still stuck to the floor. Slowly she lifted her gaze to the three people that just came in. Her crescent moon eyes move up from the feet of the woman who was behind the two men secretaries and slowly she traced her gaze up the face. Tiffany was already celebrating in her thoughts.

Oh my god Tiffany! It's BoA!

Taeyeon stepped in front of the two secretaries and surveyed the two people in front of her. She took off her wayfarers as she nodded towards the CEO and then her gaze got distracted with the lady turning around to face her, wearing black...an all too familiar black coat. She quickly stared into her face and saw the dark rimmed glasses, the long black hair and the crescent moon shaped eyes that pierced through her.

That BOA FANGIRL!!! Taeyeon screamed inside her head as soon as she recognized the other, her eyes were as round as small saucers.

That girl who ripped BoA's poster! What is she doing here?! Tiffany thought at the same time while Taeyeon looked at her. SHe just realized her jaw fell at the sight of the girl who she unfortunately encountered earlier.

The CEO looked at Taeyeon and brought out his hand and swayed it over Tiffany. "Taeyeon-ssi, meet your new manager."

Both Taeyeon and Tiffany felt the world come to an end, probably the same feelings that the dinosaurs had when an asteroid crashed into the Earth a billion years ago. Tiffany's eye smile turned to planks and gasped. Taeyeon just scrunched her nose and gritted her teeth. Both prepared themselves to shout from the pit of the lungs.

"ANDWAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHIIIROOOOO!!!!!".

Both of the ladies screamed at the same time leaving the three gentlemen in the room dumbstruck, totally surprised from the violent reaction from the two.

--------------------------------------------

Yuri parked her car right at the entrance of the Kstar gym as her thoughts slipped from worrying about Taeyeon's case. Yuri just sighed and prayed that Taeyeon wasn't going to be scolded badly by SMent after hearing about another argument about her managing staff.

"Aish. Taengoo." Yuri exhaled.

She unbuckled her seatbelt and looked at the mirror, inspecting herself. Satisfied, she then opened up the dashboard to grab the earphones for her Ipod when she noticed the small handbook that she obtained just that morning.

Stephanie.

A smile unraveled on Yuri's face as she remembered the lovely eyes on that angelic face. She took the handbook out and pulled out the earphones. Somehow Yuri's mood brightened as she tried pasting Stephanie's face into her memory.

She then got out of her car and popped the trunk. Taking a small duffel bag containing her clothes, Yuri added and packed the handbook and earphoneds inside. Right after, she locked the compartment and walked towards the gym.

She stepped inside the work-out complex and approved of the center. This gym was different than other companies she'd been. Inside was a complete array of facilities, ranging from an indoor track, swimming pools, courts, personal studios and equipment rooms. She swiped her card on the machine next to the glass door and let herself into one of the dance training rooms. Just right when Yuri was about to close the door to the empty room, someone wailed her name from behind.

"Yuri-ah!!!"

A blonde in a white tank top and black baggy pants hopped happily towards Yuri. She also had a duffel bag by her shoulder and a white towel dangled by the pocket of her pants.

"Hyo!" Yuri exclaimed in surprise as they both slipped into the training room together.

"I didn't know you go to this gym?" Hyoyeon placed an arm around Yuri and griplocked the tanned girl. "Why are you here? Don't tell me you're picking up girls at such a place?"

"Yah. Quiet Hyo." Yuri twisted her body as she tried to escape Hyo's grasp. "Let me go."

Hyoyeon realeased her grip and backed away from Yuri lauging like a kid. She finally placed her duffel bag on the floor and faced back the taller girl. Yuri just grinned as she escaped. Hyoyeon was one of the few people that became her friend. They met each other over 6 months ago in a same gender club. Whenever Taeyeon was too busy with her schedules, Yuri would often hang out with Hyoyeon since both of them were also choreographers. 

"How's Nic, Hyo?" Yuri asked Hyoyeon, referring to the blonde's girlfriend for 3 years as Yuri also settled her belongings down on the floor.

"She's great. We're collaborating together for a choreography of a musical we're doing in a few months." Hoyeon remarked happily, boasting her work with her girlfrend.

"That's great!" Yuri said as she squatted down and started to unpack stuff from her small duffel bag.

"Yep, some news, eh? What about you? Who's your new girl? I haven't heard from you in a week." Hyoyeon asked as she moved away into the player in the studio. She instantly plugged in her Ipod and browsed over the list of music that she and Yuri could dance to.

"Null. Zero. Opsseo... I was supposed to go to Jeju-do this morning after doing Taengoo a favor for some work but apparently things didn't go as planned " Yuri replied, remembering the prank Taeyeon did earlier. At that moment she saw the handbook in her bag and took it out.

"What? The player still has no new girl? Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. You're losing touch Yuri-ah. We should go out clubbing then. I got a few friends you might be interested in." Hyoyeon suggested while still choosing from her playlist and picking up her towel from her bottoms.

Yuri placed the small book on top of her stuff and just looked at it, caught in a binding spell. Yuri shook her head and stood up.

"Bring Taeyeon-ssi along, too. She might want a break. It's been a while she hasn't hung out with anyone except you." Hyo continued talking, tugging on to the towel which was wrapped around her neck as she finally picked up some tracks from her music library and set them on pause.

"Hmm...not so sure about that. Taengoo's been quite in a ditch these days so I don't know whether bringing her along would be the best idea. You know how grouchy she gets to be in clubs." Yuri mumbled.

"Must be tough for her being a hallyu star. Being so famous, she'd have to watch every action she makes. She can't go out. She can't hand out. She basically can't go wherever she wants and do whatever she wants." Hyoyeon listed as she counted with her fingers. "Come to think of it. I can't believe you two actually click together. You're more outgoing while she's unsociable. I've heard she used to be very cheery and caring but it doesn't seem to be like that. Am I right Yuri-ah?" Hyoyeon flung the towel from her neck and whipped Yuri.

"Yah. Don't easily believe what other people say. Taengoo's not really as bad as what other people think. She's just not really open to a lot of people. She's hiding something. I don't know what it is but I guess it's part of her personality. That's probably also the reason why I feel obligated to protect her. Although she's older, she seems like a younger sister to me and she's been a very good friend." Yuri said, defending Taeyeon.

"Well, I guess you're right. She wasn't that bad when you introduced Nic and I to her the last time. Slightly obtuse but tolerable. Odd but not entirely harmful." Hyoyeon said, slumping into the floor and remembering the time Yuri had gone out for dinner with Taeyeon. "Quite the angel face but still she can really be a devil at times. Judging from the stories you tell me, I'm pretty accurate, am I?"

Yuri laughed at Hyoyeon's comment. "Well, I think you're right on that one. Don't tell Taengoo that or else she'll kill me."

Hyoyeon chuckled then continued to ask."What about her work though? Has Taeyeon-ssi been well?"

"I guess same old Taengoo. She hasn't gone over two months without causing trouble for herself. She can still be a prick but she's awfully brilliant at what she does. Perfect hallyu star if you could actually call it. You name it..singing, dancing, performing, composing...she's got it all. An all around performer. I guess she just needs a few tweaks with her antisocial behavior and be more friendly to other people than to me."

"She needs an attitude transplant." Hyoyeon joked.

"Aish. Stop joking about Taengoo. Anyway, why the sudden interest in her?" Yuri recoiled, confused whether Hyoyeon was actally interested with the hallyu star. She raised her brows and wiggled them while facing Hyoyeon.

"Annya! It's not what you're thinking Yuri. I love my Nicole!" Hyoyeon pointed out, clearing up whatever Yuri was assuming. "I was just curious on her attitude and work ethics. There are only a few times I've come across hallyu stars and this is Kim Taeyeon we are talking about. I'm just feeding my curiosity."

"Oh...She's just sensitive. People just judge my buddy harshly." Yuri said. Hyoyeon just nodded her head in agreement.

"Arasso. well, good to hear that nothing chaged much as I expected...But going back to talking about dancing, I still think Nic and I are better than you and her combined. Choreographer-dancer lovers combo is way better than Choreographer-hallyu star buddies." Hyoyeon playfully boasted while throwing her towel at Yuri's face. The blonde choreographer always knew how to turn around a serious conversation to a silly one.

"Ha! Oh really!" Yuri scoffed and caught the towel before it hit her. "Well, let the two choreographers have a head to head battle instead! We'll see who is better! I ain't losing to an amateur like you." 

Hyoyeon lifted Yuri up on her feet with one hand and both giggled. "Ha! You call me amateur? Yah, Yuri-ah! Call!"

For the next hour, they danced and exchanged views on some new choreography. Yuri even helped Hyoeyeon with some inputs for the said musical she was working on with Nicole. However, all the while when they were dancing, Yuri was catching glances on the white book on top of her bag. The thought of Stephanie remained lingering in her brain even though Hyoyeon and her just talked much about Taeyeon.

They each called for a break and Yuri slouched down in front of her stuff, sweating. Giving in to her curiousity, she picked up Stephanie's tour guide book and slowly flipped through the pages about Seoul. She skimmed through the coffee stained leaves trying to find a possible clue to trace the book back to its owner. Something inside her was telling herself to go and find Stephanie even though Yuri wasn't sure if she was attracted to her but surely she had that odd feeling that Fate was pushing her to do so.

She came across a page talking about Gangnam district and at the bottom of the page was a scribbled text in red ink.Finally! An address.

Yuri's eyes widened as she imagined Stephanie's eyes and angelic face in her head. 

Looks like I'll be seeing you again Stephanie. 

Yuri inwardly smiled to herself and folded the page where the address was scribbled. She felt so light hearted and excited. 

"Hyo, I have to go somewhere. Can I call you sometime so you, Nic and I can go have some drinks?" Yuri suddenly stood up with the book in her hands.

"Huh? Why? Got a date?" Hyo asked teasingly.

"Will you stop it with your teasing. You're starting to get to me." Yuri hissed.

"Haha. Was just kidding Yuri-ah! Gee, Taeyeon-ssi is rubbing into you."Hyoyeon said, putting out her tongue. Yur rolled her eyes in a joking manner and Hyoyeon laughed along with her.

"By the way you dropped something from your book." Hyo said as she pointed on a piece of card on the wooden floor.

Yuri picked up the card. It was a laminated card containing a flower press of some sort. The colors of the flower has faded and the writings on the card was illegible and smudged. Nevertheless, it looked really nice. Yuri inserted the card back into the pages of the enchiridion.

"Thanks." Yuri said.

"Anytime, Yuri-ah." Hyoyeon responded back.

Yuri quickly took a shower and changed into comfortable clothes, short denim shorts and black tunic covered by a jersey jacket. She put on her shades and came back to the training room. She bid goodbye to Hyo and went out to car. She took out her GPS and punched in the address she took from the small book and positioned the small device on her dashboard.  Checking the rearview mirror, she backed off to the street and drove off heading to Gangnam district.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------