Wasabi!

Devils do cry (Hiatus)

"Right! Right! Turn right!"

Taeyeon was screaming at Tifanny while holding on for her dear life at the back seat of the black minivan. Taeyeon had been shouting for her to stop but Tiffany wouldn't comply unless they were directions going to Taeyeon's house. Tiffany spun the steering wheel and the van swerved and drifted. All this time, Tifanny was focused in driving and did not not look back at her passenger vene for once. Her eyes burning with desire like a race car driver as she accelerated the car on the suburban streets. They turned in within a private land and closed in at their destination.

"Chakaman! AHHHH!Wait! Second house from this block! Stop! Stop! STOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!"

The van halted into a loud screech and both TIffany and Taeyeyon were thrown forcefully up front from the inertia. Taeyeon quickly unbuckled the seatbelt and slid the van's door. She dropped herself to the ground and started bowing frantically, mumbling phrases of praise and gratitude for being alive.

The driver's side door opened and closed with a loud thud. Tiffany went around the van and stood right next to Taeyeon, crossing her arm over her chest. Immediately, Taeyeon stopped and jumped from the ground and yelled right next to Tiffany's ear.

"Are you crazy?! Why were you driving like that? You could have gotten us killed!"

Tiffany placed her pinky up and shook her ear, pretending that something was ringing inside.

"Killed? Yah. Ms. Hallyu star Kim Taeyeon. I wouldn't want to get myself killed along with you even if it'll be the headline of every newspaper in South Korea. If I was that desperate to get rid of you, I could just drive the van into a cliff and get out right before it jumps. Why would I sacrifice myself with you?"

"How dare you!" Taeyeon exclaimed, completely struck with revulsion while Tiffany just snobbishly raised her brow. Teyeon stomped her feet going to the villa while like a dog following his master, Tiffany slicked her heels right behind the shorter gal.

"Stop following me. I'm just going to change clothes". Taeyeon threatened.

"I don't trust you." Tiffany spat, sahking her head vexingly.

"Neither do I" Taeyeon yelled back. "Now quit following me, you can wait in the van!"

"How would I know you'd stick to your schedule if I don't make sure that I could drag you to the radio station?" Tifanny said confidently not backing down from Taeyeon's argument. "Want me to call up Secretary Park?"

Ah! I'm going crazy with this girl! Taeyeon screamed mentally. 

In the past, her manager oppas would immediately back off if she instructed them to back off. This time, it's going her to cost her more energy just to even keep up with Tiffany and she loathed every bit of it. Just for today her blood pressure had skyrocketed and plunged at such huge intervals.

"Aish! JINJA!" Tired of arguing, Taeyeon just managed to cursed under her breath as she gave up and allowed Tiffany to follow her. Taeyeon stormed into her house and ran up the flight of stairs.

"Don't touch anything" Taeyeon yelled angrily as she disappeared unto the second floor.

Tiffany took her shoes off as she went inside the marvellous villa. Though she despised Taeyeon, Tiffany still had the manners upon enetering the household.

Tiffany scanned the whole place. It was modern and boxy but very sophisticated and clean. Well, actually, too clean. It was white everywhere although most of the decorations in the house were either blue or purple in color. Rather than a woman's den, the house gave a feel that is more like a bachelor's pad. Everything was spick and span, ordered and precise. Typical of the O bloodtype.

"Like I would want to." Tiffany bawled back. "Hurry up! We're going to be late for your schedule!"

While waiting, Tiffany walked through the living room, both hands at her back, viewing all the items. Tifanny saw pictures of Taeyeon performing at concerts. On the wall, she could see frames of her album releases and some of the awards she received. Tiffany nodded in affirmation at all the achievements Taeyeon had already accomplished but Tiffany still thought smugly.

Not bad. Looks like she really works hard. Although still not at par with my idol.

Tiffany cotinued walking around and she went on and on trying to identify faults and weaknesses at Taeyeon's sucess. She still thinks Taeyeon had the worst attitude among all people she had met and she wasn't going to back down from her.

Back upstairs, Taeyeon rushed to her room and slammed the door shut. She stood with her back from the door and gritted her teeth.

"Palle!!! Seodulleo!"

She heard Tiffany shout back from the groundfloor. Taeyeon ran from the door and dropped her body into the full size bed. She buried her face deep into a pillow and screamed her frustrations out. She turned around in her bed and laid down and stared at the ceiling.

Why oh why! Why has fate given me such a miserable fate! Have I done something really bad in my past life?

She has no way out of this one. If she dismissed Tiffany, she'll be in big trouble with her contract.

Ahhhh! I can't think of a way to get rid of her! This is ridiculous! What should I do? I can't just force my way out of this. I need a plan! I should make her quit. Yeah..that's it. I'll make her quit...

She smiled impishly and sat right up in her bed. She heavily dragged her body into her bathroom and  faced her mirror while turning on the faucet. While water rushed down her sink, she splashed a handful to her face and contrived an evil plan but then she remebered how Tiffany fought back to every bit of her taunts. The roller coaster ride in the van just a few minutes ago made her stomach churn again.

No. That won't do. If I piss her off again before the car ride, she might go Tokyo drifting on me again. Aish...Taeyeon-ah...what have you gotten yourself into? CEO Lee...Mr. Park...Mr. Kwan!!! What the heack were you three thinking!

Tiffany was still inspecting the other parts of the first floor. She could see the kitchen from afar and the patio right outside the junction of the living room and the hall. There was also a small room which looked like an exercise area. She looked at her watch. It's been 15 minutes since Taeyeon went upstairs. Tiffany went back to the living room and went up the stairs to confront Taeyeon.

"Yah! Kim Taeyeon! You better come out now! Don't make this hard for both of us!" Tiffany scolded.

She was about to knock into Taeyeon's room when she noticed the other room opposite to the Master's bedroom. The door was slightly open and she could somehow figure out that the room was like a study/ music room. Tiffany had a sly smile on her face as she tiptoed into the room like a fox entering a chicken coop. What could be in here?

"Don't go in there".

Taeyeon emerged from her room and caught Tiffany trying to sneak in.

"Yah. You almost gave me a heart attack!" Tiffany clutched her chest at the sudden surprise.

"That would have been great." Taeyeon barked back. Obviously Taeyeon scored a point on that one as Tiffany was left somehow speechless.

"Tch! Ha! You sure would love to get rid of me." Tiffany mumbled.

"I'm sure you feel the same way too Manager Hwang..." Taeyeon said, standing quite close to Tiffany. Her face was just a few inches off as Taeyeon taunted Tiffany again. The close contact in the face made Tiffany fall back a few steps. Seeing Taeyeon's face that close was surprisingly beautiful for her. She had not seen anyone with such an goddess-like face. Her complexion was like an angel...although her attitude was surely like a devil.

Taeyeon also noticed the close distance and she was likewise surprised. She was staring straight into Tiffany's dark onyx eyes which somehow disappeared when Tiffany squinted and her eyes took the shape of half moons, smiling and sparklinga at the same time. Taeyeon immediately looked away and cleared .

"I wasn't gonna go inside" Tiffany lied even though she was already caught red-handed.  

Taeyeon reached out for the doorknob and completely closed it while giving Tiffany a serious look. "I'll tell you once again. Don't ever go in there."

Tiffany was shaken at the sudden seriousness in Taeyeon's face but totally disregarded the warning. "Like I would..Hmppfff."

Taeyeon walked ahead of Tifanny. She was now changed into a black gray tattered T-shirt that went along a pair of black skinny jeans and converse sneakers. She donned a Fedora hat and looked back at Tiffany who was still lingering by the door of the forbidden studio.

"Are you coming or what?"

"Yeah. Yeah. Right behind you." Tiffany replied back. She kicked her heels to follow Taeyeon, but before that, she took one more quick look at the door of the room that she wanted to see and then moved on.

I wonder what's so special with that room anyway..It's just a studio...ridiculous...

--------------------------------------

Few moments later they arrived at the Radio station, after following the instructions from the GPS machine. Tiffany parked the car and looked back at her passenger. She drove normally this time and Taeyeon was just quiet at the back as Tiffany viewed her from the mirror. It was slightly strange for Tiffany since they were just about to rip each other's heads earlier. However, she liked this better since her job would be easier. Taeyeon was probably tired from arguing and just wanted to get over with the day's plight. 

You're not as bad as I thought you'd be. You're actually nice if you don't talk. Tiffany reckoned. Somehow the close encounter with Taeyeon replayed in Tiffany's head but she shook it off and resumed her focus on that afternoon's schedule.

They went up the building and arrived at one of the radio booths. Taeyeon and Tiffany greeted the DJs and the PDs of the radio program. Taeyeon sat on the chair right next to the DJ as everyone was scurrying to prepare for the next hour interview program. Tiffany backed off as she didn't want to interrupt the show and just corteously introduced herself to some of the other staff members.

"Taeyeon-ssi, I'll be at the waiting room next door until you finish". Tiffany said to Taeyeon lastly but it seemed like the latter didn't even acknowledge it. Tiffany just shrugged and went next door.

Aish. She's back to her old self I guess. The little twerp. 

For the next hour, Tiffany, alone in the room, just studied the documents and schedules that were given to her by Mr. Park. She was copying most of them into her phone calendar so she'd be able to track Taeyeon's activities. She was so deep into her work that she forgot to take her lunch. She couldn't leave now since Taeyeon might be done with the radio show any moment. 

*grrrruuuuughhhhhhkkk

Her stomach growled. She was getting hungry. Out of nowhere, a bento box was laid down on the table in front of her. She looked up and saw Taeyeon. The star sat down next to Tiffany and placed her own bento box also on the table. Tiffany just looked at her as the other girl started eating.

"Wae? Aren't you hungry?" Taeyeon asked while was half- full."If you don't want it, I'll eat it. The PD gave them to me."

"Why the sudden change? Now you're all nice." Tiffany skeptically asked.

"Look manager Hwang. I have no way out of this contract. All I can do is stick with you for I don't know how long. So while you're still stuck with a second BoA, let's try to keep this civilized. okay?" Taeyeon said, urging Tiffany to eat. "I'm not as bad as you think I am. Now eat. I know you're hungry."

Tiffany was touched this time. She was beginning to see Taeyeon's good side and started liking this more friendly star.

Looks like she's not a devil at all.

"Oh, ok. Thank you then...Taeyeon-ssi" Tiffany said as she put away the documents she was reading earlier.

The hallyu star watched Tiffany and heard her manager address her formally. Irking from the formalities, Taeyeon spoke back."Just call me Taeyeon Manager Hwang." 

"Okay then. Thanks Taeyeon." Tiffany opened up her bento box and it had several items in it like kimbap, sushi and fried tempura. She looked at Taeyeon again, slightly suspicious of the other but Taeyeon just continued devouring her own meal.

Looks like it'll work out just fine between us then...Taeyeon.

"Jal meokkesseumnida", Tiffany exclaimed before she digged into her meal.

Taeyeon watched Tiffany intently as she grabbed her own tempura and ate. Tiffany munched happily and appreciated the food animatedly, oblivious to the impending spicy encounter waiting for her.

A few moments earlier, unwary to Tiffany's knowledge, the program went on.

DJ: That concludes our show for today! Big thank you to the hallyu star, Kim Taeyeon! Kamsamnida for coming to our show. 

TY: Ne, kamsamnida for inviting me here. 

DJ: We hope to have you back soon Taeyeon-ssi. Good luck on your promotions. Would you like to introduce the last song?

TY: I'd gladly come once again if you guys want me back. Thanks. uhmm...the last song is my latest single. Devil's cry. It's not actually a love song. I composed this long ago but only got to release it this year. It's somehow an expression of angst and hurt. It's for all those who were trampled with love. Hope you guys like it.

DJ: Oh. Really very versatile of you Taeyeon-ssi. As expected from a hallyu star. Wow! Anyway...unfortunately, our time is almost up. Everyone, I'll leave you with Taeyeon-ssi's rockin' song, Devil's cry. Continue listening to KMrock! the music station that rocks! Taeyeon-ssi, say goodbye to the audience with me. Hana deul seht!

DJ and TY: Annyong!

"Good job everyone", the producer said, clapping his hands as the show ended.

He then approached Taeyeon with two bento boxes. "I don't know if you have eaten but here's some sushi that we also ordered for our staff. Maybe you'd like some. Give one to your new manager too."

Taeyeon graciously accepted the meals. She moved away from the booth and opened one of them. She remembered that she and Tiffany haven't had lunch. Even though they had a rough start, Taeyeon thought of Tiffany somehow and decided to give her lunch. She was about to close the bento box when she noticed the wasabi paste on one of the tables with the other bento boxes that the PD was distributing. An idea popped into her mind and a wide grin was plastered on her face.

Well, this day hasn't been all too well for me. I guess I couldn't help but have some bit of fun instead. Sorry Manager Hwang. I'll just have to keep myself well-entertained while you remain as my manager...

Back at the next room, after the prgram finished, Taeyeon anticipated upon the devious deed.

Tiffany was acting cute and clapping while she munched on the other items in the bento box. Taeyeon took out a bottle of water and gulped down, still watching Tiffany intently. She was like a total villain waiting to reap the fruits of her evil plan.

Manager Hwang just continued her meal, totally ignoring the pair of eyes that was observing her. She picked up the tuna sushi, dipped it in soysauce and shoved the whole piece into . She chomped down into the sushi and felt a huge amount of lumpy spicy paste spread into her palate. Her nostrils flared up and her whole mouth started to burn. Tears started to well up into her eyes and the burning sensation escalated. She immediately spat out the sushi into the box but the fiery swelling wasabi flavor had already coated her tongue. 

She looked at Taeyeon who was laughing her head off. The pranskter was tapping the table while convulsing like an ahjumma with her laughter. 

"Vhhhhhyyyy vouuu nidddlleeee dwerp!!! (Why you little twerp!)" Tiffany shouted, fuming from both the wasabi and her anger for falling into Taeyeon's prank.

Tiffany spotted the bottle of water that Taeyeon had and she darted for it. Taeyeon saw this, stood up and teased the other by holding the bottle away.

"Give...mmmm..it..to me!", Tiffany gnarred.

They wrestled for the next minute and didn't notice that someone else entered the room.

With all her strength, Tiffany snatched the bottle from Taeyeon but tripped as she went backwards. Her arms flailed as she tried to regain balance but the bottle of water emptied into the air.

Taeyeon stopped laughing and stared terrified at the figure behind her manager. Tiffany turned around quickly to see another person drenched from head to toe. Tiffany quickly bowed as she felt her face redden from embarassment.

"Ah! PD-nim. yong suh hejo! Chesonghamnida!!! (Please forgive me! I'm so sorry!)".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------