Chapter 29

I'll Be There

You were wiping the table when someone suddenly tapped your shoulders from behind. You turned around and saw Suzy.

 

“Hello, Jieun….ssi.” she said and glared into your eyes. Her lips then curved into a smirk.

 

“Ah….Suzy-ssi…” You greeted and lightly bowed. “Can I help you? Do you want to drink anything? We have lattes, frappu—“You asked but then was cut off by Suzy.

 

“I’m here to talk. With you.”

 

“Talk?”

 

“Yes, about my fiancé’” Suzy continued.

 

You couldn’t take it anymore. It’s uncomfortable that Suzy kept saying that Youngmin is her fiancé.

 

“I’m sorry, Suzy-ssi. I know you are depressed because your fiancé’ left you. But just because Youngmin oppa looks similar to your fiancé doesn’t mean he is your fiancé’!” you burst out.

 

Suzy stiffened but then she scoffed. “What?” she glared at you and suddenly grabbed your wrist. You yelped. Sunmi and Jeongmin came out from the kitchen. Their eyes widened as they watched the scene.

 

“Ya, what are they doing? Why are they fighting?” Sunmi asked.

 

“I…don’t know.” Jeongmin answered but they froze on their spot; they didn’t know what they should do.

 

“Hey woman, he’s not your so called Youngmin oppa do you know that?” she almost twisted your wrist but then she harshly let them go. You your wrist, you bit your lips; stopping your tears.

 

“I’ll keep this short and simple so an idiot like you can understand.” Suzy sighed; annoyed. You just stared at her.

 

“Your Youngmin oppa is not Youngmin.”

 

“What do you mean?” You asked; confused.

 

“He is Jo Kwangmin. Youngmin’s twin. And apparently your OPPA is dying right now and waiting for the angels to pick him up.” She cackled.

 

THUMP THUMP THUMP.

 

Your heartbeats started to accelerate. “You’re lying.” You gritted your teeth.

 

Suzy scoffed and grabbed your hair to pull you close.

 

“Aak!” You yelped.

 

“Ya. What are you doing?!” Sunmi shouted. Suzy shot her a glare but then she ignored Sunmi.

 

“Listen closely idiot. You can think whatever you want but I’m telling you the truth here. You can look for the proofs yourself.” Suzy let go of your hair. “And let us see who’s right and who’s wrong.” She scoffed and stormed out from the store.

 

You fell down on your knees. Sunmi and Jeongmin quickly ran towards you.

 

“Jieun-nuna!” Jeongmin shouted. “Are you alright? Why is that woman being so rude to you?” Sunmi shook your body but you didn’t give any response. There are only tears that kept rolling down your cheeks.

‘She’s lying. It’s not true. It’s not.’ You chanted in your mind. Suddenly you stood up and ran to the car and quickly drove home. You bit your lips as you tightened your grip on the steering wheel. ‘She’s lying, Jieun. It is just a lie. But why do I feel like she’s telling the truth? It can’t be.’

 

Worried; Sunmi called Kwangmin to tell him about you.

 

“Hello? Who is this?”

 

“Youngmin-ssi! Jieun-ssi! Jieun-ssi!”

 

“What? What happened to her?!” Kwangmin became alarmed.

 

“She’s acting weird. I don’t know. A woman came and hurt her. They talked but I didn’t know what it is about. But then, Jieun-ssi started crying. I don’t know what really happened!”

 

Kwangmin’s heartbeats sped up. He gulped; it was as if his nightmare became real.  ‘No. Please just don’t.’ He grabbed his car keys and quickly went home. His hands were trembling. He went upstairs; knowing you would be there and he was right. His bedroom door was slightly ajar. He stepped closer with trembling steps.

 

“J-Jieun…” he called out. He stiffened when he saw you were standing beside the table with a picture in your hand. You turned your head towards Kwangmin’s direction; your face was wet with tears.

 

“W-why….” your voice croaked.

 

“Jieun, please listen—“ Kwangmin held out his hand.

 

“Listen to what? To another lie?” You took a deep breath. “You are not Youngmin oppa, right?” you asked and held up the picture.

 

“Yes but I—“

 

“No, I don’t need to hear anything else.” You held your tears. “I swear if anything…happens to him…I’ll kill you… He is in America right now right?” you asked coldly.

 

“Yes…”

 

You walked past him to get out from the room but Kwangmin grabbed your arms.

 

“Please listen to me first. I didn’t do this because I want to. I-I…had to.” Kwangmin explained.

 

“No matter for what reason you’re doing this, I won’t forgive you.” You coldly said, you wiped your tears away and pulled your arms away from Kwangmin. “How dare you lied to me and because of you, I lose the precious time where I was supposed to be with Youngmin oppa! And if I didn’t get to see him….” You gritted your teeth and glared at Kwangmin but then you turned to go out of the room.

 

“I’m sorry….” Kwangmin said. You stopped your steps. “I know I am stupid for doing this. I shouldn’t have agreed to hyung when he asked me. But most importantly, I shouldn’t have been selfish for wanting you for myself. I fell in love with you, Lee Jieun. I fell hard for you. Everything might be lies but not my feelings for you. My feelings for you are real.”

 

Your eyes started to brim with tears again. You didn’t know why but your heart hurts so much. “I…don’t love you. I love Youngmin oppa. I thought you were him, that’s why I love you so much but no; you’re not him and….you can’t replace him in my heart. “You bit your lips. “And you know what? I hate you. And I’ll hate you forever.” You finally said and left. You slammed the bedroom door. You unclasped the necklace on your neck and wanted to throw it away but you couldn’t. You put your hand to your mouth and cried silently.

 

Kwangmin fell to his knees; tears rolled down his cheeks. He couldn’t hold his tears anymore. “My nightmare has become real. Jieun…she hates me now.” He sobbed and then he laughed like a crazy person. “Of course, you idiot. You’ve expected this to happen.” He wiped away his tears. ‘But my heart is hurting so much. I lost her. I lost the person I loved so much…for my brother.’ His tears kept rolling down his cheeks and he felt pathetic for being so weak. ‘I should have known better. They…are belonged together. I won’t let you lose him, Jieun. Don’t worry. I'll never let that happen.’' 

 

He clenched his fists.