actually not the intro

you are born to be a jedi

Sowon pulled Umji onto her back, earlier when she had shoved the younger girl down, she accidentally scraped her legs, Umji was bleeding in her knees.

“Cha, if this place is doomed, then let’s get out of here too.”

“Where will we go then unnie?”

“Somewhere where we can survive.”

Some nearby civilians that heard that started going crazy, they were upset that their government had forsaken them in their time of need, others that were more strongminded, followed Sowon’s example, leaving this shelter.

Sowon led the way with Umji on her back, out of the shelter and quickly to the next biggest shade for cover from the still occurring explosions. Continuously moving away from the center of the blasts, they walked towards the next city over.

They were thirsty, hungry and tired. But they had reached the city limit of the next city. Sowon had stumbled to the nearest Convenience store and barged in the door, only to realize that the place had been broken into and was evacuated.

The money in the cashier was gone but some food and water were still there. They had their fill of food and water before packing everything else into the backpacks that were there, they had no idea how far the next military station was at, nor did they know whether they were left there to die as well or not. Perhaps this city was the next on the bombing list and the government had evacuated the entire city already.

“Sowon unnie, where are we going to go now?”

Sowon patted Umji’s leg, happy that she had managed to bandage her legs properly with the limited supplies.

“Anywhere but here.”

“Unnie are you going to use the force again?”

Sowon turned sharply at Yuju’s question. Keeping her silence, she looked down.

“Unnie, if you won’t use it, I will.”

Sowon’s jaw dropped when Yuju lifted a towel with the force and wiped at Sowon’s sweat.

“When did you learn this?”

“I learned when-“

“WHEN DID YOU LEARN THIS!?”

Sowon held Yuju tightly, her grip digging into Yuju’s arms.

“Sowon unnie, you’re hurting me!”

Sowon let go immediately, looking at her shaking hands. Holding herself, she tried to calm down, sitting there on the floor curled up as far as she could on herself.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’M SORRY!”

Yerin watched her unnie carefully, it wasn’t often Sowon had a panic attack. Pulling Yuju aside, she whispered carefully.

“I don’t think we should mention the force so lightly.”

“I’m sorry.”

They waited for Sowon to clear her head. Watching out the windows past the broken glass they surveyed carefully.

Sowon shook for a second, before her face returned to its angry look, meaning intense concentration. Grabbing her backpack and Umji’s she slung them over her shoulders.

“Let’s get moving.”

Yerin sweated as she hugged a bag from their house that she grabbed before getting out with Sowon. Within it, a metal case.

They trudged across the vegetation and abandoned highways. Most of the major bridges were broken so they had to cross some other way.

The entire journey was quiet, nobody wanted to speak up, and Sowon offered no explanation. Finding an abandoned boat, they opened the control panel up by using a crowbar they brought with them from the store.

Yerin stared, she was originally an engineering student, so she was in charge of hotwiring the boat. Unfortunately, she didn’t have enough experience with electrical things, all she could do was understand what did what. Even if she cut something, she wouldn’t be able to connect it to the proper places.

Sowon grumbled and relented, closing the hatch. In her mind, everything was a mess.

“I suppose I could do it?”

Yuju raised her hand. Sowon watched her sharply as Yuju raised her hand to the keyhole. Hearing the click of the gears turning, the boat hummed to life and Sowon looked away.

Speeding to the other side, they hid the boat in case they needed it again before trudging into the city. The place was empty, presumably everyone was in their shelters or run away. Walking into a motel, they set up in one room with three beds.

Sowon looked out the window as the others slept.

Was using the force worth it? After it killed her mentor?

Was she even still able to use it? Being a Padawan who had never finished her lesson.

She crisscrossed her legs and took a breath.

‘breathe’

‘Feel within yourself.’

Sowon remembered how to feel the force, breathing evenly. A sudden wave of cold smashed into her and she gasped, instantly knocked out of her meditative state.

“No, I can’t do it.”

Pulling her blanket properly around her, she sat there staring at the moon for the rest of the night.

==============

Is everyone properly hyped for this yet? It's okay, I'll be hyped by myself if I have to :)