moving house

you are born to be a jedi

“Do you have everything?”

“Yes, mom.”

“Shush you.”

Yuju giggled as Sowon smacked her , they were packing their things to move onto the ships, prepping for the beginning of the end.

Yerin stepped up to Sowon and tapped her shoulder.

“Unnie, I need to talk to you.”

Going off to the side, Sowon gave Yerin her full attention.

“I’ve been keeping this for you. All these years. I know you can use it, I’ve seen you practicing with SinB.”

Sowon stared as Yerin presented her light saber from when she was a padawan.

“Sooyoung says that it’s not broken, so give it a try.”

An involuntary shiver ran through Sowon as she gripped it in her hands. When she had first started it up, it had stayed a gleaming white for a very long time. The day before Sowon’s master had to leave for her mission, it had finally attuned to her and became green.

With a flick of her wrist, the light saber flicked on, glowing that same eerie green. Sowon quickly shut it off, her hands shaking.

“U-unnie?”

“I-it’s nothing, thank you Yerin ah.”

Sowon then hugged Yerin tightly, but the younger could still tell that Sowon was still shivering slightly. Making a note to speak with SinB later, Yerin patted Sowon’s back lightly.

“We’re going to get her back. Don’t worry.”

“Yea.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SinB paced around in her single room. Checking again and again through the trunks that she had everything, she realized that she didn’t have much anyways.

“SinB?”

She jumped and faced the door.

“Oh, Yerin unnie.”

“Just earlier, I gave Sowon her old lightsaber back.”

“She had a lightsaber?”

“Yea.”

“Was it colored?”

“For a long time, it wasn’t but now it is.”

“Oh. Anything else?”

Yerin wrung her hands in slight nervousness.

“Could you, for just today, be a bit more affectionate to my sister?”

“What?”

Yerin shrunk a bit at SinB’s glare.

“You see, after she held the light saber and checked that it worked, she wouldn’t stop shaking.”

SinB pondered the thought, was there still something holding Sowon back? She wanted to know.

For any reason, she just wanted to know. Anything about Sowon intrigued her, the fact that she ran to her neighbor’s house to save them on the day they met instead of running off to get help. The off decision that Sowon actually left the shelter even though she never wanted to be with the force again, it just made SinB curious.

“I’ll think about it.”

Yerin gave SinB a smile and a wave before retreating from the chill of SinB’s dead stare.

“Am I that scary?”

SinB held her hands to her cheeks, pulling and stretching them a bit. Facing the little mirror on the wall, she gave a small smile before blushing at how stupid she thought of herself to be.

“SinB?”

SinB jumped again, what was with people and just calling her name? Haven’t they ever heard of walking loudly or knocking on the door frame when the door’s open?

Sowon stepped in, reaching a hand out like a human to a pet who was afraid. SinB cautiously stepped closer, staring gently at Sowon’s outstretched hand.

“You’re still shaking.”

Sowon instantly retracted her hand. Hiding them behind her back, she smiled sheepishly.

“Haha, I haven’t said I love you today yet, so I came.”

“That’s all.”

Sowon just smiled. Pulling SinB into a hug, tucking the younger girl under her chin, Sowon sighed.

“I love you. Will you be my girlfriend?”

“No.”

Sowon laughed bitterly. SinB remained still in Sowon’s arms.

“Will you date me after the war?”

“Maybe.”

Sowon grinned and wrapped her hands tighter around SinB, who was still standing there like a tree, her hands uselessly dangling at her sides.