Dear Yewonnie

you are born to be a jedi

Yarak wandered around the abandoned base, going through each and every room, she saw the left-over things that the resistance decided not to take with them.

‘There’s something for you in the next room.’

‘How do you know?’

‘I asked your real sisters and neighborhood older sisters to write a message for you in their sleep. Surprisingly, they did it. After reading it though, burn it.’

Yarak stepped in the small room, where supposedly, her four unnies had stayed. Of course, Yarak had no idea if Somi was ever lying to her, but she wanted to believe her. That someone was waiting for her to come back.

[Dear Yewonnie,

            For the nature of our mission, we cannot disclose where we have gone to hide. Apparently, we all had the same dream to write you a letter and leave it here for you. Well, except for Eunha. The only reason we could think of why Eunha didn’t dream the same thing was probably because it was the force, someone wanted us to write you a letter. If you don’t remember, Eunha is one of your twin older sisters, the other being Yuju. Eunha is the only one of us that can’t use the force.

            Since it’s been four years since we saw you, when you left us to help someone, I can’t possibly imagine if you knew who we were at all. I am Sowon, your neighbor that used to live next door to you on a small green planet called Earth. My younger sister and your sisters played a lot together when you were a baby. In fact, I babysat you for a long time too. If we ever meet again, I hope we can get to know each other again. I can’t wait to see how you’ve grown. You’re 16 years old now, did you struggle through puberty? We’re sorry we couldn’t help you out there, but I hope you’re just as strong as you were when you decided to help that someone.

            We hope to see you soon.

                        Love,

                                    Sowon, Yerin, Eunha, Yuju]

Yarak couldn’t feel anything, numbly she pulled out a lighter and burnt the letter before leaving the room.

‘Are you okay?’

Yarak didn’t respond, continuing her search through the compound. She didn’t notice it, but her tears were flowing under her helmet.

‘Why is everything getting blurry?’

‘You’re crying honey.’

‘That….can’t be.’

‘They still love you, aren’t you glad?’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The resistance carefully hid their ships amongst the debris of the death star 2 on the forest moon of Endor. The surface of the moon was so destroyed that it was a wonder it was still in orbit around Endor in the first place.

“This is where they built that wmd(weapon of mass destruction) called Death Star, it was a planet destroying superlaser.”

Sowon shivered at the thought, her home planet Earth could have been gone in one flash of that thing. Reminded that it was the rebellion that destroyed it twice, Sowon could only wonder about their chance of success against the first order.

SinB grabbed Sowon’s hand, intertwining their fingers.

“Hm? What is it lovely SinB? Are you going to tell me you love me?”

“No, stop talking about that. My hand was cold that’s all.”

“Aw, well, let this humble being just hold your cold hand then. Love you.”

SinB colored just a bit before yanking her hand away, Sowon instantly felt colder than before.

Yerin sighed watching their interaction, she was happily in Joy’s arms. It was as if anytime you looked over at the couple, they were joined together one way or another, hands or hugs or piggyback or even sometimes princess carry when Yerin was feeling frivolous.

Eunha jumped lightly, enjoying the new gravity as it made her jump higher.

“Eunha yah, aren’t you worried you’re going to be forever alone?”

“Hm? That’s not true Yerin unnie, I have you and Sowon unnie along with Yuna and Yewonnie. I’m never going to be alone.”

Yuju smiled from her spot next to Chaeyeon. They had their hands shyly touching between them. Sowon pouted, bouncing over and hugging Eunha in midair.

“That’s right, you’re all precious babies that are never alone. I’ll never leave you alone even if you never get married.”

Sowon ruffled Eunha’s fringe lovingly before walking back to their ship to help unload some things.