preemptive strike

you are born to be a jedi

“Sowon unnie.”

Sowon glanced down at Eunha, the smaller girl was shivering the in the dead cold of the night. She was thinking on the surface, Honoghr was desolate as ever, leaving no light pollution to stop her from seeing the stars.

Tucking her into her side, she rubbed Eunha’s shoulder.

“We’re almost ready.”

“Mm. We’ve waited for a long time haven’t we.”

Sowon hummed. The four years that had passed, SinB was certain that Umji must have been brainwashed. That crushed Sowon’s heart, but instead of breaking completely down, she had managed to train harder, to not let anything like this happen to anyone else.

The first order was going to go down within this lifetime, no matter what.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The resistance was prepping for their preemptive strike, they really wanted to end it in one shot, overthrow the whole First order in one grand battle with the least casualties, at least on their side.

Last time they did that, they lost a lot of resources along with Rose’s older sister. (Not the kpop Rose, the girl that likes Finn in The Last Jedi movie.)

Since the Millennium Falcon had landed them on Honoghr, the amount of people in the resistance easily quadrupled several times over.

(The resistance literally all fit inside one ship, the Millennium Falcon, at the end of the movie. Their backers had turned their backs on them, so it would realistically take years to come back from that small group. Also think about it, an international airplane, the Boeing 777’s wingspan is two times wider than the Millennium Falcon is long.)

“This time we’re not going to drop bombs on them.”

“Why not? They deal the most damage, we just need to make sure that more of them make it to the main fleet.”

“No, they’ll be stronger than they were before, I don’t believe that we’ll make it past that way, instead we need to down their engines first.”

Sowon sat in the corner, twiddling her thumbs, she was there listening to the mission planning go through, only because SinB asked her to. The Jedi was out on a recon mission with Rey.

“How do you suppose we destroy their engines, that’s a Mega Star Destroyer, even if we down some, it will still fly.”

Sowon sighed, wasn’t it very simple to think about it? Somehow, disconnect their flying system. You wouldn’t need to down any engines, just remove them from their controls.

“Okay, think about that later, how would we get the bombs there if not directly.”

“I was thinking of blinking them right on top, this is risky as they could blink into other ships but that’s all I got.”

Sowon sighed again, blinking at light speed would be really risky, but if you were far enough above them and then fly straight down, that would be enough wouldn’t it? She kept her ideas to herself, as she was not credited with proper warfare tactics, and she technically wouldn’t be there anyways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin sat on the couch, her arms wrapped around Joy’s shoulders, snuggling her chin in Joy’s neck as the other was fiddling with something that Yerin still hadn’t given to Sowon.

“So, you’re certain that it isn’t broken?”

“Yea, I don’t think it’s broken, should be fully functional, the crystal is in the proper place and the circuits don’t look damaged. I just don’t know why you can’t use it.”

“Well, it might just not recognize me as the proper wielder.”

“Perhaps, the force can be really picky.”

Yerin kissed Joy’s cheek, making the mechanic blush. Putting down the light saber, Joy turned in her seat to hold Yerin properly.

“Do you think our preemptive strike will work?”

“All I can say is that I hope it does.”

Joy kissed Yerin’s cheek, tucking her head against Yerin’s carefully with her eyes closed.

“Will we make it?”

“We will, I’m a person who will live for a long time.”

“Love you.”

“Love you too.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So, you’re saying that there was an incident four years ago?”

“Yes, the First Order was here to scour the cities for force users, one girl they found had a light saber.”

Yarak unconsciously rubbed her wrists, she had a feeling she knew something about it.

“But you don’t know anything more recent?”

“Not really, just sometimes, the equipment you gave us to monitor the area has been glitching very often.”

“Which equipment?”

“The one that tracks light speed travel.”

Yarak frowned.

“Impossible, have you received signals?”

“Yes, but we can never track them.”

Yarak huffed and smacked her informant’s head.

“That means that the resistance has developed a cloaking device!”

‘Ooooh, nice one.’

“We didn’t know!”

“Tell me! Where were these jumps near?!”

‘Yes, yes, be more dominant.’

“H-Honoghr! They were near Honoghr!”

Yarak let the man down after grabbing his collar. Dusting him off, Yarak dropped a small pouch of money on the ground.

She stomped out of the small tent and shoved her helmet back on.

‘Did you know about their cloaking?’

‘Of course.’

‘Also, isn’t Honoghr basically a dead planet?’

‘Technically.’

‘Somi, you’re not helping.’

‘I’m not supposed to.’

Yarak hopped into her ship and flipped on her terminal, instantly connecting to the First Order call center.

“State your name and purpose.”

“This is Darth Yarak, I have an important message for our Supreme Leader.”

“Please hold.”

Yarak fiddled with her helmet, tucking and untucking the straps as she waited.

Seeing her master show up in hologram mode forced her to stand up and salute him.

“Supreme Leader!”

“Ah, my dear Darth Yarak, tell me, what is it that you’ve found?”

‘Just tell them about the cloaking, tell him that they’re finding the coordinates for the jumps right now and you’ll get them later.’

‘Why? I know where they are.’

‘We need to strategize soon.’

‘Alright.’

“The resistance has been active in the outer rim territories just as you said. I believe however, that they have developed something to cloak their light speed travel.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Because the machines here are picking up movement, but cannot track where they jumped to.”

“I see. Well done, you should have the location of those jumps.”

“They told me that their working on figuring out where they were.”

“Tell them to hurry up.”

“Yes, Supreme Leader.”

“After checking out the area a bit more, come back. We need to prepare to make the move to the outer rim.”

“Of course.”

Once the call ended, Yarak sat down in her chair once more.

‘Jeez.’

‘What? I did as you said.’

‘He’s such a handful.’

‘I know, but you told me to hold it in, are you being a hypocrite?’

‘No, but when we get back, we also have something to do. Ren is building something that will become the problem.’

‘Okay.’