sneaking aboard

you are born to be a jedi

Also Sowon and Yerin are siblings, Eunha and Yuju are twins from next door, Umji is Eunha and Yuju's little sister.

===========================

Walking alongside the national highway, they headed to the next city. Perhaps there would finally be people who they could ask for help from.

“Sowon unnie do you know how far we are?”

“Roughly ten miles, we should see it soon.”

They whined but continued to walk, Sowon gently patted their heads each, telling them that they were brave and strong for being able to move on.

“But Sowon unnie, will we ever see our parents again?”

Sowon and Yerin, whose parents left on a business trip and never came back, flinched.

“Uhm, you see…”

Yerin hesitated, Sowon put her hand on Yerin’s shoulder, shaking her head.

“Not now, when we get to the city.”

Yerin nodded.

“Uh hey! Look is that the city? There! That tiny little thing over there!”

The children looked excitedly in the direction Yerin pointed, Yuju skipping on her way. Eunha trailed after Yuju, a bounce in her step, making her backpack bounce along with her.

Reaching the city limits, Yuju had run out of road trip songs she knew and now she just hummed whatever, Eunha following along every so often’.

Wandering the empty streets, they saw in the distance some movement. Yerin gripped her bag carefully.

“Unnie it looks like there’s people there.”

Sowon nodded and they approached the crowd cautiously.

“LET US ON! TAKE US WITH YOU!”

It was a crowd of civilians crowded around a military base where the soldiers were getting on their planes to get out of this area.

“Step back, we’re not taking anyone else.”

The soldiers were weary, but they didn’t seem like they cared for the rest of the civilians.

“WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN TO US!?”

“Die.”

Sowon covered , she nearly cursed in disgust. Pulling the twins with her, Sowon led Yerin and Umji to the quieter side. They needed to get on that plane, no matter what.

Once they got on, they could also get thrown out, they needed some way to get in and not get discovered.

Sneaking around the supply boxes, Sowon noticed the hatch on the back of the plane was open. Watching the soldiers who were guarding the area, she saw the moment when their gazes didn’t overlap.

Shushing the children, Sowon snuck up to the nearest soldier and knocked him out. Quickly gathering their things, she pushed them all into the cargo hold of the plane. Breaking into the back of the hold and into the passenger area, she pushed them all into the disabled persons bathroom and put a sign that said out of order before locking themselves in it.

“Shhhh, once we land we need to sneak out again.”

“Okay Sowon unnie.”

The twins sat in the corner, protected by Yerin’s arms as Sowon sat atop the toilet, using her long legs to wedge herself so that as she held Umji that when the plane shook because of turbulence they wouldn’t get hurt.

“Now, let’s play a game okay?”

“What kind of game?”

“The quiet one.”

“I don’t like the quiet game though Sowon unnie.”

“It’s just that later, when we fly, there will be some shaking, anyone who makes a noise loses okay?”

Eunha grinned and puffed her chest a bit.

“Hehe, I’m going to win this!”

Yuju grinned along with Eunha, wearing the same matching grin.

“No, you scare easy, I’m going to win.”

Sowon smiled and ruffled Umji’s hair. The twelve-year-old, surprisingly calm for her age. Squishing their cheeks together, Sowon smooched Umji’s cheek making the little one squirm.

“Stop it Sowon unnie.”

“You’re the best kid around.”

“No, I’m not, Sowon unnie you’re the best unnie around.”

Yerin pouted but smiled anyways.

“Yewon ah, do you think you’ll win?”

“Of course, I’m mature.”

Eunha pouted and Yuju smiled before noticing her twin’s expression. Quickly schooling her face to match, she pouted the exact same way.

Sowon grinned and ruffled their hair.

“Come on, if you’re tired, you can nap.”

“Sowon unnie! We’re old enough to not need naps anymore!”

The twins whined and slapped at Sowon’s leg lightly. Though freezing as they felt the engine of the plane start.

“When we get off we’ll be in a new place, okay girls?”

“Okay.”

Yerin fumbled around, tucking her bag between her legs for safe keeping.

She pulled the smaller Eunha into her lap and pulled Yuju closer to her side.

“We’ll be fine, believe in Sowon unnie.”

“Are we going on a trip? Without our parents?”

“Mm, for now.”

Sowon listened carefully for anything or anyone coming their way as the last preparations for the takeoff passed.

She held her breath as a guy’s voice came close to the door.

“Huh? Out of order? . Should have gotten on a different ship.”

She jolted as the guy kicked the door once before walking away.

“Jerk.”

Sowon nearly laughed, who would have thought that Umji would ever say something like that? Never in her life, had Sowon heard the child curse.

“Yah, where’d you learn that? Haha this cutie.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the location where they would land soon.

???? sneaked around the compound, hiding behind stacks of ammunition, she clung to the backside as they pulled it further into the hangar.

Eyeing the sign for the ships that could make it to space with one light speed jump, she snuck off to hide somewhere to wait for her opening.

==============

Hehehehehehe