dreaming

you are born to be a jedi

Sowon wandered around, checking that her plants were still alive, she stepped through her garden. Running her fingers through the beautiful petals of her lilies, she wondered what to do.

She walked around her garden once more before entering her house. Packing her things naturally, she left out the front door with a small backpack of water and towels.

Trekking along the sidewalk, she arrived at the nearby playground. Beyond the playground, she entered a small forest to find a clearing.

Sitting in the middle of the sunlight, she sighed. Pulling her legs into a meditative position, she soaked in the warmth.

‘Breathe.’

Relaxing little by little, Sowon entered her empty state. As the force flowed through her, she felt absolutely nothing. Not the grass underneath her, not the light breeze on her skin, not even the warm sunlight.

“Master, why don’t I feel anything?”

“Perhaps it’s because you weren’t meant for the force.”

“What do you mean?”

“Did the force come to you, or did you defeat a monster in your dreams child?”

“I fought a monster. It was big and scary.”

“Did you win?”

“We became friends.”

Sowon opened her eyes, blinking as the familiarity of the dark ceiling above her came into focus.

“Sowon unnie?”

“Eunha, what are you doing up to late?”

“It’s not late, it lunchtime.”

“What?”

Sowon had slept through to the next day, a full 12 hour sleep since their arrival. She glanced around, not finding the person she needed to talk with.

“If you’re looking for SinB unnie, she’s gone right now, she said she’ll be back later after lunch.”

Sowon nodded before squishing Eunha’s cheeks, making the 14 year old squirm. Yuju smiled from her spot next to Chaeyeon, they were playing cat’s cradle with some string.

Yerin was sleeping on Joy’s shoulder, who was reading a book.

“Uh, you’ll have a sore shoulder if you keep letting her sleep there.”

“I know, but she just started napping. You’re the only one who went to sleep and never got up again.”

Rubbing her head sheepishly, Sowon blushed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘Will you name me today?’

‘Am I ready today?’

‘Perhaps, perhaps not. You tell me.’

‘Didn’t you say I needed to become a Darth first?’

Yarak wiped her wooden sword carefully, cleaning everything around her, from the floorboards of her training room, to the empty bottles that they gave her for water.

‘I’ll tell you one thing, and in return you name me. Deal?’

‘I suppose so.’

Yarak continued to clean, ignoring the fact that the janitor had entered the room and was watching her incredulously.

‘A mistake will happen.’

‘What? Mistakes always happen, how is that new information?’

‘Now, name me.’

Yarak awkwardly smiled at the janitor before getting out of the room to let him do his job. She wandered the dark halls, aimlessly twirling her hair.

‘How’s Charlotte?’

‘That’s nice, but I want a name from your hometown.’

‘A Korean one?’

‘Yea.’

‘Uhhhh how’s Somi?’

‘Perfect!’

Yarak crinkled her eyebrows as she watched the sparring ring for the other soldiers.

‘That’s it?’

‘That’s it for today. You’ll know more soon.’

Yarak sighed as another soldier got thrown out of the ring with a thud. She was forbidden to take part in such interesting things, they were considered barbaric as Ren said.

Pulling at her side, she fiddled with her new toy. Her own light saber.

It was a regular light saber only it had a modification on it, the end of the grip actually came apart into a mini dagger. When she flicked it on, the red would glow from both ends, she could detach the bottom bit and throw it into her enemies like a ninja with a shuriken. Only, this shuriken was the shape of a dagger and made of pure plasma. (Not a kunai exactly because this actually has more of a handle than an actual kunai.)

‘Then, I suppose all that’s left to do is to train.’

‘More? Aren’t you tired?’

‘Maybe it’s because I’m young.’

‘How old are you? I forgot to ask before they wiped you.’

‘I have no clue now, why didn’t you ask Somi?!’

‘Is it that important to you?’

Yarak shook her head before leaving towards a different training room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon paced the hall outside their shared room, where was that cold Jedi when you needed her?

Thinking about it, Sowon felt the need to depend on the younger Jedi, perhaps it was how reliable she was, or just how stable she seemed in comparison.

“Hm?”

Sowon looked up, smiling a little as the object of her thoughts showed up.

“SinB! I need to talk to you.”

“What is it?”

“I don’t think I’m a natural force user, that’s why.”

“What?”

“I remembered that once, I asked my master why I felt nothing. The answer I finally remembered! She told me, that it might be because I went through treatment to use the force.”

“So, you had a nightmare where you where forced to fight and you won?”

“That’s the thing. I didn’t win.”

“Then how are you alive?”

“I made friends with my monster.”

“Eh?”

 

===============

Next chapter will start with a time skip fair warning