dream

you are born to be a jedi

“Sowon unnie!”

Peeking out the door she smiled as she saw her sister, her smile dropped a little noticing the girl next to Yerin.

“Wow! This is an Imperial Landing Craft! Holy crap this is cool!”

Yerin laughed and walked up to Sowon, pulling the excited girl with her.

“Sowon unnie, her name is Joy. She like to tinker with aircrafts and she promises not to tell anyone about it. Joy, this is my sister, Sowon unnie.”

“Nice to meet you!”

Sowon shook her hand.

“You swear you won’t tell anyone about this?”

“I swear, I just want to see the insides of this baby!”

Suddenly Yuju ran up and hugged Sowon’s back, making the eldest abruptly hold the railing on the ship.

“Yuna?”

“Sowon unnie!!! What do I do??? I just had another weird dream!!!”

Yerin ushered Joy away to the damaged parts of the ship, letting Sowon deal with the nearly crying Yuju.

Crouching down to her eye level, Sowon held Yuju’s cheeks gently, wiping the falling tears.

“What is it baby?”

“I dreamed that I went on an errand to get us drinks and snacks, you know how soda packs are sold in sixes and the smallest number of chicken nuggets is six?”

“Yes.”

Sowon Yuju’s hair gently, urging her to continue, it was better to talk about a nightmare than to let it linger inside.

“But! When I brought back the pack of soda, there were only five! And when we opened the boxes of chicken nuggets, there were only five in each one!”

Sowon made a small gasp to let Yuju know that she understood her.

“It’s okay Yuna, it happens sometimes.”

“No! We even went back to buy another pack of soda, we looked first and then bought it. We reached home and then there was one less soda!”

Sowon was dumbfounded, how was she to calm Yuju down?

“Okay, but it was a dream, calm down. Why were you so upset about six? We’re just five girls.”

Yuju took a breath, realizing that what Sowon said was true.

“Oh. Why was I so upset?”

Yuju walked off, thinking to herself. Sowon grinned and ruffled her hair.

Yuju mumbled to herself which nobody else heard.

“And why was there one coke when the pack I got was pepsi? One coke and four pepsi. Oh well.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“And that’s the last thing I think we need fixed.”

“Alright! I’ll get to it right away!”

Yerin grabbed Joy’s arm before she could run off for supplies.

“Wait! We need to give you something in return. We don’t really have Tatooine currency, nor do we have the universal money either. Would Earth money work?”

“Earth money? I’ve never heard of that! Anyways, you don’t need to think about paying me anything, this experience is already all I could ask for. I just need you to pay for the parts if I can’t find them in the junkyards.”

Yerin stared at her new friend.

“You’re sure you don’t want any money even? We could work for you or somewhere else and make some to pay you back.”

“I’m sure. Now, come on! I need help pulling somethings over here!”

Yerin let herself get pulled to Joy’s workshop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Okay, so who wants to go out with me to get some money exchanged?”

Yerin raised her hand but put it back down when Sowon shot her a playful glare. Letting Eunha stick her arm up instead.

“So, just Eunha? Umji you don’t want to go?”

“No, I’ll wait here. When we have the money, we’ll go back out to get food right?”

“I was planning to do all of that in one go, so do you want to go with us too?”

“Okay.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon had managed to find an intergalactic money station in the center of the city, they had first traded somethings they had on the ship for some local clothes and carefully wrapped themselves in the foreign cloths.

“Okay, so the trade of Earth money to intergalactic cash.”

Luckily, the banks of Earth still had running computers allowing Sowon to convert them over to a different intergalactic bank. Withdrawing some money, she handed Eunha and Umji each a bill to hold.

“Now, that should be enough to buy us all food okay?”

It wasn’t that Sowon was rich, it just happened that her master had left all of their money for her in their will. Aside from that, her family itself on Earth was pretty well off but not rich, perhaps higher end of the average people.

“Yes!”

They went around got the necessary things before returning to the ship where they found Joy teaching Yerin about the things inside the ship. Yerin wanted to learn so that when they had minor problems, she could do something to help.

“We’re back, Joy, we also got you food too.”

“Oh? You didn’t hafta.”

Yerin nudged her friend in the side, drawing her attention.

“Come on, at least let us feed you. You’re even skinnier than Sowon unnie you know?”

“No, I’m not?”

The confused Joy was then shut up by a loaf of bread in her face.

“Woah, is that from the bakery at the far end of the city?”

“Yea, why?”

“You do have money! Yerin you said you had no money!”

“We have some money? I guess, was the earth to intergalactic not a bad exchange rate?”

Sowon shrugged, not mentioning her master’s money. She didn’t like to use it, she didn’t like being reminded of her but, it was necessary until they could settle down somewhere.