Chicken and Spaghetti

»»The Key to my Heart- -★★ (sick, brb)

 

                Key, Minho and Taemin had went upstairs to talk to Jonghyun. I sat on the couch, Onew to my right. My head was bowed down, and his hand was on my shoulder. His touch didn’t give me the adrenaline Key’s did, but I appreciated it just the same.

                “Sunny,” He said gently. He winced at the yelling upstairs, which just made my eyes water more. “Jonghyun is just sensitive. He’ll warm up to you later on. You shouldn’t be so hard on yourself.” He used his thumb to swipe the tears out of my eyes. I looked up at him. His eyes were kind, gentle, forgiving. He smiled and held my hand.

                I wasn’t sure what to do. Should I pull away or let him? I was so confused. I lowered my head again and fell sideways onto the couch.

                “Sunny!” He scrambled off and kneeled next to me. “Are you okay?”

                “Ne…” I smiled weakly. “Komawo.” He held my hand comfortingly and smoothed my hair.

                I felt awkward. I longed for his hands to be Key’s.

                I tried to loosen his grip on my hand. He noticed, but didn’t do anything about it.

                “Onew…” I started. “I’m not…”

                He frowned.

                “Where is Key?” I asked, hoping he would take the hint. Onew was nice, but I really longed for Key.

                “I’ll go get him.” He mumbled and let go. I felt bad, as he looked sad.

                “Komawo.” I smiled. He looked back and grinned. He seemed happier already.

                I laid on the couch like a bed. My eyes were dry, and I felt sleepy. I always did after crying. I hoped Jonghyun was okay. I didn’t mean for him to get angry. I sat up, sighing.

                I glanced at the clock. It was almost dinnertime.

                I felt two hands cover my eyes from behind. I smiled.

                “Guess who?” I giggled, and quickly spun around, hugging Key.

                “Kibummie.” I said, our noses touching. He came around to sit next to me.

                “You okay now?”

                “Ne, thanks to Onew.”

                Key didn’t say anything. I noticed and changed the subject.

                “Are you hungry?” He seemed grateful of the subject change, and smiled.

                “Ne~” He grinned and pulled my waist to his.

                “Oppa,” I breathed, my lips to his neck.

                “Mmm…” He grinned, his hands on the small of my waist.

                “Hyuuuung~ Noonaaaa~”

                Taemin’s voice.               

                I turned around and saw Taemin bounding towards us, Minho in tow. (Yes, I like the Taemin and Minho couple.)

                “Hyung, I’m hungryyyy~”

                Kibum sighed and grinned at me.

                “I’ll make dinner, kay? What do you want?”

                “CHICKEN!” Onew’s voice called suddenly from upstairs.  

                “Pasta!” Taemin offered.

                Key looked at me and I laughed.

                “Okay, okay.” He stood up went over to the kitchen. I followed.

                I wrapped my arms around his waist as he opened the refrigerator. He held my hand with his and bent down to get something from the bottom.

                “Noona~” Taemin called from the living room. I slipped out of Key’s grasp and called back.

                “Coming!” I brushed my lips against his cheek and went to see Taemin.

                “Taeminnie!” I sat next to him. He had a textbook open.

                “Noona, I need help on English homework.”

                I was kind of excited. I helped Taemin with his homework for a while, and we had fun. Taemin was actually a lot funnier and cuter in real life than he was on camera.

                The smell of chicken and spaghetti wafted to the living room.

                “Smells good,” I commented, looking over to the kitchen. I caught Kibum looking at me and he winked. I blushed and turned back around to Taemin. Taemin noticed me looking at Kibum and grinned.

                “I think I can figure the rest out,” He smiled at me and glanced at Key. “Komawo.”

                “Sure?”

                He nodded.

                I crept into the kitchen and found Kibum stirring away at some marinara sauce. He looked so concentrated; so different. I smiled, and stood next to him.

                “Hey, baby.” He smiled, looking up from the pot.

                “It smells delicious,” I said, looking into the pot. It bubbled and looked yummy.

                “That’s Kibum, the cook.” Minho appeared in the doorway.

                “Where have you been?”

                 “Jonghyun. He’s… upset.”

                Kibum frowned and held my hand.

                “What’s wrong with him?”

                Minho remained silent and glanced at me. I felt awkward.

                “He’ll tell you in his own time.”

                “Is he angry at me?” I said quietly.

                He didn’t answer again.

                “He… he thinks it’s your fault. It’s not, of course, but I don’t think you should get too close to him for the time being.”

                I sighed. “I wish I could do something to make him feel better.”

                “You don’t have to.” Kibum spoke. I felt his hand twitch in mine.

                Minho changed the subject. “Smells good, hyung.”

                Kibum didn’t say anything, and just nodded. Every time Jonghyun was brought up he got… distracted. I tightened my grip on his hand.

                What could I do?

 

 

 

A big thank you to the subscribers and readers!

Please continue to leave comments!