Bye

»»The Key to my Heart- -★★ (sick, brb)

 

Sunny’s POV

        “Bummie?” I called softly, a little uneasy coming up the stairs. I didn’t want to disturb anyone.

        “Stay away from her!” Key’s raged yell from behind a door seemed to answer my call. Feeling a little guilty for eavesdropping, I pressed my ear to the door, trying to hear as much as I could.

        “She’s my girlfriend, Jinki! I. Love. Her. Just because you have a petty little crush on her doesn’t mean you can touch her!” It was Key’s yell.

        “It’s not a petty little crush!” Onew contradicted, angry also. I wondered whether Taemin and Jonghyun were in there too.

        “That doesn’t mean you can go up and freaking kiss her when I’m practically right next to you guys!” I shrunk down to the floor, thoroughly frightened by now. They both sounded completely furious.

        “It didn’t actually happen! Plus, I wouldn’t have done anything if you had let go of her! Did you see how miserable she looked when you guys came to the TV?” Jinki was never so worked up over anything other than chicken, or at least so far as I’d seen.

        “I hadn’t let go of her! I will never let go of her for as long as I live!” Even though the yelling scared me, my heart still managed to melt at his sentence. There was love in it, hidden behind the anger.

        “Sooner or later, you’re going to have a fight so bad that you two will split up. And when that happens, I’ll be here, letting her cry on my shoulder!” Onew hissed. My eyes widened slowly, surprised. Did Jinki really care that much for me?

        “Just shut up!” Key yelled, making me cower even lower to the floor.

        “You shut up!” Onew yelled back. They continued to fight, arguing on and on, never giving in.

        “Noona?” I whirled around and looking up to see Taemin who looked confusedly down at me.

        “Taeminnie!” Flustered, I jumped up.

        “What are you doing, noona?” Curiosity rimmed around his voice.

        “M-me?” I pointed at myself, tomato red. Had I just been caught? He nodded. “Oh, you know… nothing, really… just, uh… picking up this piece of lint!” I held up a random piece of lint from the carpet. It was such a lame excuse, I doubted he would believe me. “You know, keeping the apartment clean and stuff…” I laughed nervously. The yelling voices in the room hushed and then stopped altogether. They must have heard Taemin and I. He looked at me oddly, raising an eyebrow, then laughed.

        “You’re so weird.” He teased. I stuck my tongue out at him. “Anyways, have you seen Minho?” I was grateful for his question, saving me further embarrassment.  

        “Yeah, um, last time I talked to him he was downstairs.” Pointing down with my finger, I smiled.

        “Komawo~” He hugged me tightly before bounding down the steps.

        “No problem.” I called after him, and then turned to face the door again, about to knock. Just then, it opened. I turned red all over again, realizing how suspicious I must look. Kibum was standing there, about to step out, surprised by how close I was.

        “Sunny?” He sounded confused.

        “I was… um… talking to Taemin…” My voice trailed off. “Anyways, I was looking for you.” I smiled, trying to sound a bit more cheerful.

        “I’m taking you home.” He sounded stern.

        “So soon?” I tried to cover up my disappointment. He just nodded stiffly, and grasped my hand. He stepped out of the room and walked past me, bringing me downstairs. I looked back, just as he started off, and saw Onew looking painfully at me. I felt so sorry for him, Key must have really tore him up. Trying to give him an apologizing look, I smiled quickly. He didn’t. The look in his eyes was so sad, so painful, so… not Onew.

        “Sunny!” Kibum snapped, noticing my linger. He tugged me to him sharply and Jinki seemed to look even sadder. I turned away, following him.

        “Sorry…” I whispered quietly, hopefully too quiet for him to hear. He did.

        “Sunny…” He muttered, stopping just as we reached the bottom of the stairs. He pulled my waist to him and my breath caught in my throat when he moved his face near mine. “I’m sorry for being so upset.” His lips murmured, and I watched them, shaped so perfectly. I tilted my head up and brought it forward so that my lips touched his softly. He pressed his against mine, and I noticed footsteps coming closer.

        “Let’s go,” I said on his lips and we turned to the door just in time as Jonghyun appeared.

        “Leaving?” He kept his face blank, aside from a raised eyebrow. I nodded, flustered. Key didn’t even look at him. I noticed Jonghyun’s face fell, but I doubted it was because I was leaving. It was probably the way Kibum had completely ignored him. He just started again, pulling me along. I didn’t take my eyes of Jonghyun’s upset face, his eyes trailing Key. He glanced at me quickly, and his expression shifted. It wasn’t angry, like he usually looked at me, but more pained like Onew’s had been earlier. He realized what he looked like and quickly shot me a glare before stalking off.

        I laced up my shoes messily and stood back up.

        “Bye everybody!” I called, turning to the apartment. I waved, though no one was there.

        “Bye noonaaaa!” Taemin called, followed by Minho’s yell.

        “Be safe!” I wasn’t expecting Jonghyun’s call, so I turned back around, about to leave.

        “Wait!” Onew skidded around the corner, stopping awkwardly at the bottom of the stairway. Key whipped around, his eyes in slits. “Bye.” He waved sheepishly at me, trying his best to smile.

        “Bye Jinki.” I smiled before turning back around to Kibum holding the door open for me.

        “Ladies first.” He said with a grin that made me nervous. His charm never ended. I smiled, my eyebrows dipping a bit in relaxation, and stepped out of the apartment. 

 

 

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

New chapter~ :D

oh and for some reason, I haven't gotten any new subscribers in the last few chapters. i don't want to sound stuck up or anything but I normally get at least one or two subscribers per chapter. since you guys are the readers, can you give me any advice on why my story may not be so appealing anymore, or how to help it? thanks~

again, commenters are loved! <3