Yuk Gae Jang

»»The Key to my Heart- -★★ (sick, brb)

 

        I only took about an hour long nap until I woke up again. My eyes opened slowly and my ears adjusted to the sound of the TV. I felt Kibum’s hand on my hair and I looked up at him. He had been watching TV. He noticed my movement and glanced down at me.

        “Hey.”He smiled. I smiled back, and yawned.

        “Hey.”I answered back.

        The smell of soup floated over to my nose.

        “Yuk gae jang?”I inquired, and he grinned, nodding.

        “Might be a little cold now, though.”He went to heat it up as I got up.

        I rubbed my eyes and blinked a couple times to clear up my vision. Groaning, I dragged the blanket with me and went to follow Key.

        “Go sit,”He said and I sat on a stool on the island in the kitchen. “Are you feeling better yet?”He said, placing a bowl of yuk gae jang in front of me with rice and kimchi. I nodded and motioned for him to sit next to me. He brought a duplicate of my meal with him.

        “Thanks for everything, jagiya. I think I’m almost all better.”This made him smile widely and he sighed.

        “Good.”He ruffled my hair and kissed me on the cheek. I smiled and he motioned to my food. “Eat, you’ll feel better.”I nodded and took a sip of soup and a spoon of rice.

        “It’s good, Kibummie.”He smiled at he ate some of his own. “Komawo.”

         “I just want you to get better.”He said which made me smile like no other. How could I not with such a perfect guy by my side? A guy who brought me flowers and food when I was sick? A guy who cared so much for someone who wasn’t an idol like him?

        I set down my chopsticks and watched Kibum, my expression serious. He looked up.

        “Is something wrong?”He lowered his spoon and held my hand, looking at me firmly.

        “Aniyo…I just…can’t get over how lucky I am to have you.”My gaze lowered a bit, but I looked back up when I felt his hand squeeze mine.

        “Oh, my baby.”He pulled me into an embrace and my spoon dropped from my hand. I brought my hands up to hug him back and I closed my eyes as I buried my face in his shoulder. “You mean everything to me.”

        “I love you.”I whispered.

        “I love you too.”His voice was sincere, careful.

        His breath tickled my neck which made me shiver slightly.

        “Are you cold?”He pulled back but his hands still remained around me. I shook my head, but he ignored it and quickly pulled the blanket over me. I smiled and thanked him. He just grinned, picked up his chopsticks, and fed me a piece of kimchi. I laughed, opening my mouth. I smiled as I chewed, thinking of how much he did just to help me feel better when I was sick.

        He kissed my forehead and I blushed, looking down. He brushed my falling hair out of my face and I looked up. He kissed the top of my head gently and I breathed in.

        “Now eat.”He said, smiling. I beamed and we continued, but it was finished soon. I stood up to collect the dishes, but he took them from me. “You’re sick.”He protested.

        “But you can’t do everything.”I said, smiling up at him. He succumbed to my doe eyes and gave me half the dishes.

        “Fine. We’ll do them together.”He said, a grin on his face. I smiled again and laughed.

        We set the dishes in the sink and chatted as we washed the dishes. I washed, he dried and put on the rack. We worked in a two person assembly line, but it was the most fun dish washing I had ever had. As funny as he was on camera, he was even funnier off and I felt my spirits being lifted.  

        “Done.”He said as I pulled off my rubber gloves. I nodded, grinning in victory and felt his arm hand slip through my arm and to my waist, where he pulled me tighter to him.

        “I brought some movies.”He said suddenly as if he just remembered, and pulled me along with him back to the living room. He took out three from his bag and let me choose which one. We ended up watching My Sassy Girl snuggled up together on the couch.

        I leaned my head against his shoulder and he pulled the blanket up more around us. He wrapped his arm around me and I held onto him. We cuddled under the blanket and watched the TV screen attentively. The body heat from him kept me warm and I was happy to be close to him. My coughing had ceased and my throat had cleared up. My head was feeling much better and I could talk without a clogged nose. It was all thanks to Kibum.

        We watched the movie in silence in the beginning, but conversation struck up again.

        “By the way, Onew says get well soon.”Kibum said, his eyes not leaving the screen.

        “Tell him I said thanks.”I patted his thigh and he looked back down at me, smiling.

        “Arasso.”My gaze returned to the screen and his did too.

        The movie seemed to go by quickly and we finished it in a couple hours. By now it was already the middle of the afternoon.

        “Don’t you have a schedule today oppa?”I inquired as I bent over to retrieve the DVD from the player.

        “I’m skipping some, but I’ll have to leave later.”I turned around and frowned.

        “You can’t always skip schedules for me. You have a career, a life to uphold. And what will your manager say?”I sat back down next to him, worried. He remained silent. “Does he even know about us?”I said in a much quieter tone. I watched him as he slowly shook his head.

        “Manager hyung…he doesn’t really approve of relationships for any of us. If he finds out…”

        I stared at him, open mouthed. “What will happen?”I whispered, suddenly frightened.

        “Honestly, I don’t know.”He raked his hand through his hair, sighing. “But I won’t let him do anything to you. I promise.”He kissed my lips gently and hugged me tightly. I wavered, but let his arms protect me.

        My eyes remained open, frightened. 

 

 

 

Enjoy~

After writing this chapter I went and made some yuk gae jang for myself, haha.

And thanks to all the new subscribers and for all the commenters and views! It's really great seeing how many people like the fanfic.

Please continue showing support and reading!