Coffee

»»The Key to my Heart- -★★ (sick, brb)

 

                “Eh?” My mouth shot open. Did I hear him wrong? Surely, I must have.

                “Let me buy you a drink.” He repeated. 

                “A drink…” My voice echoed his. Somehow, my brain couldn’t comprehend the words.

                “You’re a bit slow, aren’t you?” He chuckled. Oh my god, what was wrong with me?

                “A drink! Oh, oh yes, I would love a drink… thank you. Key.” I stuttered, my heart pounding fast, then skipping a beat. Kibum just smiled and offered me his hand. I blinked at it for a second, and then gave him my hand. He held it softly yet firmly, which made me weak in the knees.

                “You can call me Kibum, if you'd like.” He loosened the polite speech and started talking comfortably. I just nodded feebly. “Or oppa~” He smirked. 

 

                “You know,” Key leaned in to my ear. “You are very pretty.” He whispered as he held my hand. Oh my god, this was not reality. The boy of my dreams holding my hand, and calling me pretty? No, no, no. Yet, my heart felt giddy and my cheeks turned pink. I looked at him and he smiled. How could I resist such a look? I held his hand a bit tighter and he noticed. I stared straight ahead, and a started forming on my face.

                “Is something wrong?” He asked.

                “I just…” I sighed. “I don’t want this dream to end.”

                “Dream?” He blinked at me for a second, and then burst out laughing. His clear and ringing laughter surprised me. I looked at him. “Pabo,” he said, and poked my nose. I felt my face burning.

                “Oppa, what about your fans?” I asked.

                “Oh yeah,” he quickly pulled up his scarf and fixed his hair. “Thanks.” Even with half his face covered, he still looked hot. He sped up, pulling my hand along. He looked back at me and flashed a smile. I felt like I was flying.

                I noticed Starbucks ahead. He went to the furthest table back. It wasn’t very visible, and he pulled his scarf down. “You really don’t have to,” I said. He let go of my hand as he smiled, and I felt tingles from his light touch. He smiled and pulled a chair out for me. I bowed slightly as I sat, and took off my purse. He went to go order us some drinks, and I quickly fixed my hair and hat. “Cappuccino okay?” He called from the cashier. I nodded. “Two cappuccinos.” He spoke to the cashier. He was such a nice guy… but much different than on TV. He was more outgoing, more rushed, more leading. I liked it.

                I pretended to be reading a magazine as I waited. I sneaked glances at him every now and then, and a few times he caught my eye. I would immediately look back to the magazine, blushing. I couldn’t stop looking at him. His everything was all amazing: his hair, perfectly swept into place, his eyes, which seemed to gaze into me, his lips, soft and perfect.          

                “Here,” he said as he placed two paper cups on the table.

               “Kamsahamnida,” I said softly, and held mine with both hands. I didn’t drink yet, as I wasn’t sure when it was polite.

                “You can talk comfortably,” he commented.

                “Ne,” I nodded.

                He didn’t drink either, and just smiled at me. He leaned a bit closer, and my eyes got a bit wider.

                “So… do you have a boyfriend?” He smirked.

                “A… aniyo.” I stuttered.

                “Good. Not that it would matter anyway,” He said matter-of-factly. I was not used to this side of Key. Oddly, I kind of liked it. “Drink,” he said suddenly. I followed and brought the cup up to my lips. The coffee was hot, but the foam was only warm. Yummy.

                “Mah sshi seo~” I smiled.

                “Pabo,” He said, leaning over and wiping my mouth. “You have foam on your mouth,” My cheeks turned pink. He grinned and took a sip. “You’re cute,” he commented.

                “K…Komawo.”

                “Mmm…”  He looked at me while he sipped at his coffee, and I became very self-conscious and started squirming again. He noticed and grinned.

                “How long have you been in Korea?” He asked.

                “I came right after high school, and I’m starting university soon, so… a few months?”

                “Ah… are you Korean?”

                “Half.”

                “And?”

                “English.”

                “Ah.”

                We chatted for a while, drinking coffee. We both finished, and he offered to throw away our cups.

                “Let’s go,” He said, and offered me his hand. I got up, grabbed my purse, and gave him my hand. The tingles, again.

                We walked around the mall, hand in hand. Most people would think holding hands wasn’t appropriate on a first date, if that was what was happening, but he didn’t seem to mind, and I certainly didn’t either.

                Beep, beep, beep.

                Something vibrated in Key’s pocket.

                “Aish,” he grumbled and pulled out his phone. “Mianhe,” he said to me, and I nodded.

                “Yobosaeyo? Ne… ani. Aish, cheen cha? Ani! Ne… ne, annyeong.” He sighed.

                “What’s wrong?”

                “I have to go… I have unexpected schedule.”

                “Ah…”

                “Mian.”

                “Ne…” I was sad. I didn’t want him to go. I went on a kind-of date with an idol, and would probably never see him again.

                “Ah! Let’s exchange numbers!” He pulled out his cell phone again.

                “Ne!” I brightened up and took out mine too. We exchanged cell phones and put in our own numbers. I smiled.

                “There,” he waited for me to finish, and we gave our cell phones back.

                “Great,” I said. Awkward silence.

                His phone buzzed again, but he didn’t pick it up.

                “Mianhe, I really have to go.” He held my hands.

                “It’s okay,” I smiled.

                “Annyeong,” He said at last, and pecked me on my cheek.

                Before I could do anything, he was gone. 

 

 

 

Continuing to update. Aren't you jealous of Sunny? ;D