NO BANANA MILK?

»»The Key to my Heart- -★★ (sick, brb)

 

Key's POV

       After taking my shoes off—and rearranging everyone else’s, they were so messy—I headed straight to the bedroom, not paying attention to where everyone else went. I threw my stuff on my bed and sat on the edge. I snatched out my cell phone and began to dial Sunny’s number. Onew and Jonghyun also came to the room at this time, talking about something.

       “Kibummmmm!” Onew jumped on my bed, avoiding my items. He landed so hard the mattress jumped and shook, and I swatted him away as I pressed call.

       “Shut up!” I said and pushed him off the bed.

       “Kibummm, that’s not how you treat your hyunggg,” He whined and jumped on again, tugging on my sleeve. I swear, though he was the oldest he could act like Taemin some times.

       “Shhh~” I said, finger to his lips. He sighed and sat next to me, ear to my phone, trying to listen. “Aish!” I said, and jumped onto Minho’s bed. Onew followed me, still trying to hear who it was. I heard Jonghyun laugh behind us and I glanced at him. I smiled faintly, while still trying to pry Onew’s fingers off my arm. He smiled back, one of his killer smiles that made the fangirls swoon.

       “Yobosaeyo?” Sunny’s gentle voice jingled on the other end.

       “Hey, love,” I said, not completely clearly as Onew was still strangling me. He stopped when he heard who it was and smirked. I slapped him on the head for that.

       “Owww,” He said, but stopped bothering me and went to sit next to Jonghyun, who was sitting on a chair across the room. I looked over at him, and saw Jjong’s smile disappear. I turned back around, frowning.

       “Oh, Kibummie! Annyeong!” She sounded excited.

       “Ne… what are you so happy about?”

       “Happy? Oh, nothing, just happy it’s you…” Her voice quieted down at the end as if she were embarrassed. I laughed, which made Onew and Jonghyun turn their heads and look at me again.

       “Aww… you’re so cute.”

       “Awwwwww!” Onew squealed behind me, which made me smile and bring a bit of pink to my cheeks. “He’s blushing!” He said loudly, in a voice like he found a cute puppy.

       “No I’m not!” I yelled and threw my pillow at him. He giggled like a 5-year-old.

       I heard Sunny laughing on the other end. Her laugh was so pure, so sweet, so cute. 

       There was a split second of silence when nobody was laughing or saying anything. I was surprised that even Onew shut up.

       “What are you doing?” I said out of the blue, mainly for conversation sake.

       “Uh… studying. For university.”

       “Oh, good luck then.” Most awkward conversation ever.

       “So… why did oppa call? Do you need something? I can bring it to you~” She said suddenly, which made me smile.

       “A-ani… I just wanted to hear your voice.” I said quietly. Onew squealed into a pillow.

       There was silence on the other end. “S-Sunny?”

       “I love you.” Those three words were her response. Her voice was sincere, simple. It made my heart tremble every time she said it, knowing that she was telling the truth.  

       “I love you too. Oh, I love you so much.” I sighed with happiness. Onew’s giggles erupted again. He was getting so annoying. I turned around and made a big motion of leaving the room. Onew pouted, but turned around to Jonghyun and busied himself again.

       “Oh! Are you busy right now?” She said as I walked downstairs.

       “Eh? No, why?” I walked past Minho who was watching TV and Taemin who was in the kitchen, and then laid down on the sofa.

       “I didn’t want to be bothering you… have you had dinner yet?”

       “Not yet.”

       “Oh… make sure you have dinner. Stay healthy!” She said matter-of-factly.

       “Of course!” I said as Taemin came up to me whining.

       “Key ummaaaa! There’s no more banana milk!”

       I looked up.

       “Taeminnie!” Sunny yelled from the other line.

       “Noona, I want BANANA MILK!” Taemin yelled into my phone.

       “Taemin, stop it!” I said, scolding him. “I’ll go buy you some now, araso?”

       “Ne!” His face lit up. “Thank you hyung!” He said while hugging me. Aigoo, this kid.

       “Sorry…” I mumbled into the phone. She just laughed.

       “It’s fine. Watch out for cars.”

       “I’m not a baby, umma.” I whined into the phone. She laughed again.

       “You’re my baby.” She said, then made a kiss sound. “Love you.”

       I made a kissing sound also, ignoring my hunger for her real lips. “Love you. Bye~”

       “Bye~” There was a few seconds of silence. “You didn’t hang up!” Her voice appeared again.

       “Neither did you!” I laughed, feeling like a kid again. “You’re so immature!”

       “Mehrong~” She said and I pictured her sticking her tongue out.

       “HYUNG, BANANA MILK!” Taemin threw another temper tantrum.

       “Aish… I really have to go now.”

       “Ne, be careful, araso?”

       “Araso.” Another few seconds passed and then the line dropped. This time she hung up first. I smiled to myself and stood up, slipping my cell phone in my pocket. “Are you coming with me Taemin?”

      “I’ll go with you.” Jonghyun appeared at the foot of the stairs. Taemin and I turned our heads. I nodded slowly, and he came closer. “Okay, Taemin?” He ruffled Taemin’s hair.

       “You messed up my hair, hyung!” He whined, and scampered away to fix it.

       “Let’s go.” Jonghyun looked back at me. I nodded, a bit confused, but followed him out the door.

       There was a grocery store nearby so we walked there, in less than two minutes. I started picking up groceries-- including plenty of banana milk, with Jonghyun following me. 

      “How much do I have…?” I thought aloud to myself, and felt my pocket. I pulled out… my phone? Where was my wallet? I felt all my pockets… I must have forgotten it! I hit my forehead with my palm in exhasperation. How stupid!

       “Umm… Kibum?” Jonghyun glanced over my shoulder. “What’s wrong?”

       “I left my wallet at home,” I said. Our conversations were so awkward now.

       “Oh,” He said simply, and pulled out his. “I’ll pay then.”

       “Thanks, Jjong.” I smiled at him. He smiled also, probably from the nickname. “Good thing you came.”

       We continued shopping, or mainly me, and Jonghyun just followed. In the end our basket was pretty full.

       “Are you sure you have enough?” I questioned, my eyebrow raised.

       He nodded. “Yeah, get whatever you need.”

       “I’ll pay you back at the dorm.” I said, but he shook his head.

       “It’s fine.” I hugged him slightly with one arm, the other still holding the basket.

      “Thanks, Jjongie,” I murmured. I meant to give him a quick hug, but he hugged me back… tightly. I let him, for a few seconds, but he didn’t let go.

       “Jonghyun…” I pushed slightly on him, and he let go.

       “Kibum-ah.” He said lightly with a smile. I turned around, my cheeks slightly pink. What was wrong with him?

      I stopped at the cash register, lining up after a few people. I glanced back at Jonghyun again, weirdly. There was something odd about him going on.

       “Jjong,” I said, pulling his arm up to the front when it was our turn. Jonghyun paid and muttered a quick thank you to the lady. I took the two plastic bags and followed him out the store. I started to turn right to go back home, but noticed with surprise Jonghyun was going left.

       “Yah, Kim Jonghyun, you’re going the wrong way pabo!” I yelled as I stopped. He glanced back and made a gesture for me to follow him. What?

 

 

 

long chapter yaaaaaay~~~ please enjoy! I got past my writers block, yay! fighting~ ^^ 

Happy new years!!! <333

p.s. as I was writing onew's "giggling" I was imagining in the first (or second?) ep when onew was in his spiderman outfit giggling like a 2 year old. it was ADORABLEEEEEEE