Love's Rage

»»The Key to my Heart- -★★ (sick, brb)

 

Key’s POV

       “Hyung, did you get the banana milk?” Taemin said with sparkling eyes as he opened the door for us.

       “Aren’t you going to greet us first?” I said, frowning at him, slipping my shoes off and walking into the kitchen.

       “Banana miiilk!” He said, reaching for the plastic bag.

       “Not until you greet us!” I said, raising the bag above my head. He could have reached it if he tried, but he gave in with a groan. He quickly straightened his spine and smiled brightly.

       “Annyeong! Did you have a good time, hyung? Here, let me help you!” He said, smiling widely and extending his hands as he bowed.

       “Thank you, Taeminnie!” I said in a fake-grateful voice. I placed the groceries on the counter and rooted for the banana milk. Opening the plastic, I took one out and handed it to Taemin for his reward. “You don’t want to refridgerate it to get it cold first?” I said, my eyebrow a bit raised. He shook his head quickly and tried to grab it but I held it above my head. He already understood what this meant.

       “Key hyung, may I please have a banana milk?” He asked, pulling out his aegyo powers. I immediately smiled and cooed over him, it was inevitable.

       “Aigoo, so ADORABLE!” I said, and handed him his precious banana milk. “Remember.” I said suddenly, pointing my finger at him. “One a day.” I said, in a purposefully scary voice. He nodded quickly, tearing the plastic off the straw. I turned back around and continued to unpack erasers as he scurried away to devour his banana milk. “Aish, Taemin and his banana milk.” I muttered to myself with a smile.

       I heard the sad shuffling of feet as I saw Jonghyun dragging his feet upstairs. Had he been here the whole time? I didn’t notice. Normally when this kind of thing happened between Taemin and I, he would laugh, and talk to me, shooing Taemin away. I never noticed why until now.

       I glanced up at the ceiling with a worried expression etched on my face, as if hoping to see through it to what Jonghyun was doing. I continued to place groceries, my eyebrows furrowed. I bent down and pulled open the vegetable compartment, stuffing in the cucumbers.

       My head snapped up as I heard a loud thud from upstairs. I assumed Onew had just knocked over some books or something (he has the Onew Condition, after all :D). I stored the now empty plastic bags under the sink when there was more pounding, and then yelling. I was now truly scared of what happened, and went upstairs slowly, wincing at each yell.

Jonghyun’s POV

       I leaned against the wall as Key mothered Taemin. I loved this side of him, as well as the rest; the motherly, caring side. But the way I watched Key, without having him with me… it hurt. I felt a stinging pain as I watched Key, only Key. It was as if he was the only one there, and Taemin’s voice drowned away. I could only hear his voice, only see his figure.

       Sighing, I pushed myself off the wall, my dream world interrupted and my vision back to normal. My pain lingered, making my fingers twitch, my eyes water, my throat clog.

       I practically stormed up the stairs and entered the room I shared with Onew in a flurry. He was on the computer again. I slammed the door and pulled his chair out from the desk. Confused, he looked up at me and pulled his headphones off.

       “Get out.” I said, pointing to the door.

       “No. Go away.” He said as he pulled his headphones back on. My insides started to rage. I didn’t have the patience, the energy, to waste on little things like this!

       “Jinki, get OUT!” I said, hopefully for the last time.

       “Jonghyun, what the h—” I grabbed his arm, having enough of this. I pulled him to the door, and his headphones fell off his head and disconnected from the computer.

       Before he could say anything, I shoved him out the door and locked it.

       “KIM JONGHYUN!” His fists pounded on the door once. I heard him swear behind the door and stomp into the other room.

       I sat down in a huff, then stood up again. Then sat down. Aish, I didn’t know what to do! I didn’t know what to think, I didn’t know what to feel…

       I didn’t know!

       As the thought raged through my mind I felt my hands close around something, the nearest thing, not knowing what it was.

       Not thinking anything except for the mean words in my mind about Sunny, about Onew, about Taemin, Minho, about Key… I felt the item slip out of my hands as I threw Onew’s pair of headphones at the wall. It made a loud boom and a crack, and I didn’t notice it’s broken state on the floor, due to my anger.

      I swore, certain that the whole apartment, the whole building, could hear me. But I didn’t care. I jumped out of my seat, walked a few paces, then turned around again. I felt like pulling my hair out, like stomping my feet through the ground.

       That wave of emotion rushed through me a second time, and I threw my fist at the wall. It didn’t hurt, but it didn’t do anything to the wall either. Good thing, or else Key would get angry… but… at least he would notice me then.

       “JONGHYUN!” It was Minho’s voice behind the door. I could make out one of Taemin’s scared, innocent wimpers too.

       Oh, the pains of love, the pains of everything in the world, the pains of everything and the universe!

       My fist was still against the wall, and I felt myself falling forwards until my forehead met the wall, and I stayed there, head down, eyes closed.

       “Is that Jonghyun?” Kibum’s voice. My eyes opened at the sound of him. He was scared.

       There was not an answer, and I heard the pounding of feet. “I have the keys!” I heard Onew’s voice again. There was a jingling sound, and they all pushed into the room.

       I didn’t look up. I didn’t move.

       They didn’t speak. Didn’t move.

       I heard the soft pad of socks against carpet.

       I felt a touch on my back, a touch that sent a shock down my spine. I touch I knew as Kibum’s.

       Without thinking, I spun around, and hugged the body closed to mine. 

 

 

 

another capter on key&jong... haha. enjoyyyy~