Jealousy

»»The Key to my Heart- -★★ (sick, brb)

 

Key’s POV

                She wasn’t the only one that was nervous.

                What if the members really didn’t approve of her? What would I do?

                I was grateful she didn’t notice I rang the doorbell with a shaky finger. I couldn’t show her how worried I really was. I had to lead.

                I heard padded footsteps thumping down the hall, and Taemin’s high pitched voice.

                “Cominggg~” Taemin’s voice rang through the apartment.

My POV

                The door clicked and Taemin stuck his head out. “Key hyung!” His face brightened up. His eyes travelled down to his hands, which were still in mine, and then to me. He looked surprised. “Oh! Annyeonghasaeyo!” He immediately bowed quickly and so did I. He smiled halfway, and his gaze shifted back to Kibum. He tried to hide the troubled look on his face.

                Taemin stepped to the side and let Key through. He led, and I followed behind. I squeezed his hand a bit tighter when I stepped in. I could feel Taemin’s gaze in the back of my head.

                “Sit,” Kibum told me, and gestured to the couch. I didn’t want him to leave me, but I sat down nonetheless and let go of his hand. I felt empty without his touch. “Be right back.” He flashed me a concerned smile. I nodded and tried to smile, and glanced over at Taemin. He had been looking at me nervously, but when we made eye contact he smiled widely.

                “What’s noona’s name?” He came and sat next to me.

                “Sunny.” I smiled. Taemin seemed nice and childish, much like I expected he was going to be.

                “Ah, really?” He seemed excited.

                “Ne~” I tried to take in as much as I could. The kitchen was next to the living room, where we were, and I could see the right side of Key.

                “Kibum-ah!” I heard a voice that I recognized as Jonghyun’s.

                “Jjongie~” Key’s voice sounded distracted.

                “Is something wrong?”

                “I... I need everybody downstairs, in the living room.”

                “Eh? Wae?”

                “Just go get the others.” I heard the patter of feet again. I supposed it was Jonghyun going up the stairs.

                Kibum stalked back out of the kitchen, running his hand through his hair exasperatedly. The way he looked so worried made me nervous.

                “Oppa…”I stood up next to him and grabbed his hand. He squeezed back.

                “It will be okay,” He said, offering me a worried smile. We sat down again.

                “Ne,” I breathed and leaned my head against his shoulder. He my hair and I breathed in his scent. I trusted him.

                We were distracted when footsteps ran down the stairs. I recognized Onew right when he stuck his head out.

                “Ahhh!” He squealed. “Keyyyyy!” I was surprised by his reaction. He came right up to us and held my arms firmly. He looked me over, his gaze rolling down. I squirmed again, blushing a bit.

                “Yah!” Kibum slapped his hands. Onew chuckled and winked at me. I felt somehow relieved inside… at least everyone didn’t hate me.

                “So, how long have you and Kibum been together?” Onew looked firmly at me. What he said made me blush madly. I wasn’t used to other people calling us “together.”

                “Almost a week.” Key grinned and pecked my cheek.

                “Mmm…” Onew didn’t take his eyes off me. Kibum seemed to notice, and frowned.  

                Onew turned around as Minho came down the stairs. Taemin’s face lit up and he ran over to Minho. “Minho hyung!”

                “Taeminnie.” Minho smiled. “Ah? Key? Who’s this?”

                “Kibum has a girlfriend~” Onew smirked.

                “WHAT?”

                Jonghyun appeared at the steps.

                His gaze flicked to me; I recognized it as disbelief and anger.

                I was scared.

                I shrunk into Kibum’s shoulder.

                “KIBUM? IS IT TRUE?”

                Key nodded. “Ne.” He said quietly.

                “HOW LONG?”

                “Nearly a week.” Kibum flicked his gaze up to Jonghyun steadily.

                Why was Jonghyun so angry? Everybody else seemed to be fine with it, what was wrong with Jjong? I glanced at Key and he looked at me. He seemed to be thinking the same thing.

                Jonghyun was furious. Onew placed a hand on his shoulder, but he shook it off. He almost seemed a bit sad.

                “I… I’m sorry.” I looked down.

                “It’s not you.” Kibum held me tighter to him.

                Jonghyun didn’t say anything for a few moments. I thought I saw his eyes swell up a bit.

                “I can’t believe you.” Jonghyun fled up the stairs.

                I held my face in my hands. This was all my fault.

                Kibum hugged me tighter, and Onew sat on the other side of me.

                “It’s okay… Jonghyun is just… I bit closer to Key than the rest of us.”

                Onew tried to comfort me. Taemin hid behind Minho, who silently agreed.

                “It’s my fault.” I whispered. “I’m tearing you guys apart.”

                “No, it’s okay.” I felt Key’s hand on my cheek, and my gaze was pulled up to his. My eyes were red, but no tears. “Aish.” He hugged me, his embrace comforting. I wrapped my arms around his neck and squeezed him closer.

                Taemin held Minho’s hand, who comforted him.

                Onew scooted away from me, looking awkwardly away.

                I could feel Kibum’s fingers digging into my waist.

                I closed my eyes.

                “You have me.” I heard him whisper.

 

 

 

Enjoy!