Clumsy Introductions

»»The Key to my Heart- -★★ (sick, brb)

                I flicked my fingers quickly, shuffling through the CD’s. I was in the CD store, looking for an album.  The CD store was a small shop in the COEX mall in South Korea. I was just about to start my studies in Seoul University, and my Korean was nearly perfected. The shop was quiet; only a few people. I was looking for the new SHINee album. A boy was looking through them too, and I stood next to him awkwardly. I searched through the CD’s. Super Junior, Super Junior, B2st, FT Island, DBSK… ah! I found it. SHINee, the newest album. I grinned and looked at the price. Not too bad. I looked up at the boy, who seemed concentrated on reading the back of a CD. His hair was hiding his face, and he was wearing a bundled up scarf so his whole bottom face was invisible. I tried not to be too awkward and pretended to look at mine, too.  I noticed he was holding a SHINee CD, and was looking at it intently. I turned a bit to seem more natural; he turned too, and looked somewhere behind my head. His eyes flicked to mine, all that was visible. Those eyes—deep, eyelined, and wide. I stared for a few seconds, and he looked at me. We stood there, strangely, for a few seconds. Those eyes—I felt like I knew them. They felt familiar. Those eyes… oh my god.

                “OMO.” I gasped. He blinked, and pulled down his scarf and shot me a smile. No. Way. He was there, standing right in front of me. The boy of my dreams. The one I had been obsessed with since the first year of middle school. The one who was on the CD I was holding.

                Key, from SHINee.

                The CD dropped from my hand, which was frozen in place. My knit hat almost covered my eyes, but I knew I was seeing it clearly. I gazed, frozen, for a few seconds. He was smiling at me, and then bent down to pick up the CD. He smiled even wider when he saw the album.

                “You might want this,” he said in a gentle voice. I mentally slapped myself in the face and flashed the best smile I could.

                I bowed as he gave me the album. I felt goosebumps as his fingers brushed against mine.

                “You… Key. Uh, can I…” I stuttered like an idiot. I mentally double slapped myself.

                “A picture?”

                “Ne…” I smiled at him as best I could. “Kamsahamnida.” I fumbled around my hoodie pocket for my iPhone. I quickly tapped the screen a couple times, waiting for it to load. I smiled apologetically at Key.

                “Are you from Korea?” He asked, I guess trying to start a conversation to avoid silence.

                “I’m not, actually, but I’ve just started attending university here. I’ve been a fan of SHINee since I was a little girl!” I smiled at how I finally managed a put together sentence.

                “How interesting! And who is your favorite member?” He sounded genuinely interested, which surprised me; surely he met many fans a day. It was probably all an act, but I was grateful he was kind anyways.

                I took a couple pictures, and said thank you.

                “No problem,” he smiled. I nearly melted to the floor at his dazzling smile. He was so handsome, and cute, and y… no wonder I had been obsessed with him.

                “Could you also sign the album... if it's not too much trouble?” I asked politely, but I felt greedy... yet how many times would I meet Kibum in my lifetime?

                “Sure, but you might want to pay for it first.” He laughed.

                His comment made me blush madly. I looked like a complete idiot in front of the guy I had worshipped for half my life. I wanted to die, but of course that would embarrass me even more.

                “Ne, of course. Silly of me…” Oh, my god. Couldn’t I think of anything cuter to say? Cleverer?

                I quickly paid the cashier, who seemed not to recognize Key.

                I turned around sharply, and found myself staring at his chest. He had come much closer as I was paying, and now I was so close I could smell his shirt. I stepped back abruptly, almost tripping over my own feet. Why was this happening to me? To my surprise, he caught me just in time. My face flushed bright red at his touch, and even brighter when he commented on how clumsy I was. He steadied me carefully, and smiled down at me. God, this guy was so cute.

                “Be careful,” he said in a gentle tone. I couldn’t stop blushing. Looking like a fool, sounding like a fool… and yet Key swept me off my feet and didn’t seem to mind. I hoped it was a good sign. I hoped he would stay longer. When I was younger, I used to dream about Key and I getting married. They were happy dreams, but quickly disappeared when I started studying for college. I never gave up on Key. I guess this was my reward.  

                “What’s your name?” He asked suddenly. Did. Key. From. SHINee. Just. Ask. My. Name?

                “Sunny,” I answered, a bit too quickly.

                “Nice to meet you,” He said, and we bowed. I smiled a bit easier now, and I noticed his gaze drifting down. I suddenly turned extremely self-conscious, and started squirming, something I did when nervous. He noticed and flicked his gaze quickly back up.

                “You too,” I squeaked.

                “Are you alright? Your voice…” He frowned.

                “I’m fine.” I tried to smile. “My throat… is just a bit dry.” I couldn’t tell him the real reason my voice cracked.

                “Let me buy you a drink then.”

               

 

 

First chapter! Please enjoy~