Going Home

»»The Key to my Heart- -★★ (sick, brb)

 

Sunny’s POV

        “Yah, don’t drive so fast, you’re going to kill us.” I pointed at the speed dial of the car. Key’s grip on the wheel loosened as he laughed.

        “I’m barely even over the limit,” He said, eyes unconcerned and on the road. “Besides, you worry too much.”

        “Kibum, you’re going 112 kmp and the limit is 95. Sure, that’s barely even over the limit. Plus, you’re an idol, so you shouldn’t be breaking the law anyways.”

        “Calm down.” He leaned over to kiss me on the cheek, not looking at the road at all.

        “Kibum!” Shrieked, frightened yet angry. “Watch the freaking road!” He chuckled, but turned back. It was as if nothing had happened, car wise. He was a surprisingly good driver, too skilled for his own good.

        “If I can’t kiss you, you kiss me.” He said, pointing to his cheek.

        “No.” I said stubbornly, clutching my seatbelt.

        “Why?” His face dropped.

        “Because you almost killed us!”

        “Aishhh…” He sighed as he turned his head, disappointed. His face lit up again, and he slowly took one hand off the wheel. My gaze flicked down to his single hand now steering calmly. He should be able to drive one-handedly without problem. He flashed a mischievous smirk at me and dread portrayed on my face as he removed his other hand.

        “Kibum, put your hands on the wheel!” I yelled, my arms flailing about. Not only was I worried for my safety, but for his sanity also.

        “Not until you kiss me.” He said, grinning, his cheek stuck out for me. Without needing to think, I took his face with both of my hands and planted a kiss right on his cheek. He the spot I had kissed lightly, grinning widely, and held the wheel again. I sighed in relief and slumped back into my seat. To top it off, throughout his little ‘game’, the car had only so much as swerved slightly. At least I wasn’t dead.

        “You’re insane.” I breathed, almost shaky from his endeavor.

        “For you.” He added on, which caused a small smile to break out on my frightened face.

        “That seriously could have been really dangerous though. I would have died if you weren’t such a shockingly good driver.”

        “You’re overreacting.” He looked over to me and I noticed his gaze soften. “I would never do anything if it would be even remotely dangerous to you.” I was silent for a few moments, love struck. His beauty, his words, his very presence just made me nervous, speechless. A smile cracked across my face.

        “Then don’t do that!” I laughed, pushing him lightly not to disturb his driving. “Just kidding,” I added in a softer tone when he looked a bit hurt. “I love you.” I kissed him on the cheek… without him asking this time. “Mwah.”

        He grinned, of course, looking ahead in thought. “Tell me, Sunny,” He started, changing the subject.

        “Hmm?”

        “Who do you find the most attractive in SHINee? Aside from me, of course.” I looked at his face, surprise. His gaze remained ahead, a faint smirk on his lips.

        I thought about it for a moment, tossing each of the member’s faces in my mind. There was cutie Taemin, of course, but he was a few months younger than me. There was Jonghyun, with that crooked smile and perfect jawline. Oh, and of course the “flaming charisma” Minho, completely with his big, soft eyes and full lips.

        And then there was Jinki.

        His face exploded in my mind, little fireworks of perfectness. His eye-smile, his wide grin, the way he seemed so happy when he laughed.

        Key noticed my hesitation and tapped the steering wheel lightly, looking at me curiously. I could feel his gaze burning into me and ‘Jinki’ was already on the tip of my tongue, but I couldn’t say it. It would hurt him. His eyebrow raised. I must have looked extremely nervous.

        “I don’t want to answer.” I said quietly, looking down at my hands.

        “If you don’t answer, I’ll take my hands of the wheel again~” He taunted, his grip loosening.

        “Minho!” I blurted out without thinking, and immediately blushed. Well, what else could I have done? At least it was a believable lie.

        For a second he looked at me suspiciously and I crossed my fingers, hoping he’d believe me. “Why do you ask?” I asked quickly before he could say anything.

        “I’ve always been curious.” He smiled to himself, then frowned seriously. “Hypothetically…” He spoke quietly, then paused, thinking about something. I waited. “Hypothetically, if I never existed… or something were to happen between us…” I could see where this was going and I fidgeted with my shirt hem. “Would you have gone for Minho?”

        “Umm… well no, because he has… Taemin.” My sentence got quieter and quieter as I said it, ending with Taemin’s name almost inaudible. He just nodded solemnly.

        “You would have found somebody else…” Immediately his gaze hardened and I knew he was thinking about Onew. “Someone who wouldn’t give you as much trouble… someone who wouldn’t make you miserable…” He whispered, so soft I could barely hear. He didn’t look at me and my jaw dropped.

        “Are you seriously suggesting I am better off without you?” I said in disbelief and hurt. He didn’t respond, his expression guilty. “Key.” His gaze flicked over to mine, though he was still able to keep watch on the road. I leaned in, serious. “Never, ever, think for even one minute that I regret this. Meeting you was the best day of my life by far. If going through problems with Jinki and Jonghyun is what it’s going to take for us to live happily ever after, I don’t care.” A flicker of a smile returned to his eyes.

        “You are the best thing that’s ever happened to me.”

 

 

New chapter~ What do you think?

&& Thank you for all the comments! I love reading them. The more comments I get the more I am motivated to write. @u@

Thank you all! <3