Surprise

»»The Key to my Heart- -★★ (sick, brb)

 

        I the TV and dragged my blanket over to the couch, soup in hand.

        Pulling the hood of my sweatshirt over my head, I wrapped the blanket around me as I sat and watched Star Golden Bell.

        I sipped on the soup Kibum had packed for me as I watched him on the show.

        I laughed at all his jokes and smiled whenever he spoke.

        His face, his voice, his smile…everything about him was so…perfect.

        I straightened my chopsticks and put a bit of kimchi into a spoon with stew.

        “Mmm…!”I was surprised. Kibum was a very good cook. Even from what I saw on television, I hadn’t expected this. I smiled and hummed as I chewed. Yummy~

        I picked up the box of tissues next to me. I threw my used tissues into the trash can next to the coffee table.

        I looked out the window. It was getting dark.

        I checked the clock. It was after 7.

        I finished my kimchi soup and I put the empty bowl on the coffee table. I snuggled deeper into my blanket and kicked off my fuzzy slippers.

        The show ended soon and after watching a couple commercials I flicked off the TV.

        I sighed and slid my feet into my slippers again. I dragged the blanket along with me, and took the bowl from the coffee table. I plopped it in the sink and went back to my room. I checked my Facebook and Youtube. I went to Kibum’s fan page and scanned it, smiling.

        I shut down my computer, yawning.

        Coughing, I changed into my pajamas. Just as I slipped into bed, I got a text message.

        Kim Kibum

        I opened it up.

        hey baby~ how are you feeling? have you drank my soup? i made it just for you <3 did you watch SGB? :) pogoshipo!

        I smiled and hit reply.

        okay, i guess. im running out of tissues. D: the soup was really yummy, thanks. yep, I watched it, you were so cute! <3 . na do pogoshipo~

        Setting my phone down on my nightstand I crawled under the covers and flipped off my light. I laid there for a while, thinking about Kibum. I imagined him next to me, talking to me. I missed him so much. I put my earphones in my ears and listened to the music with my eyes closed to help me fall asleep. I listened to Key’s voice carefully, to every crack and vibrato. My heart pumped faster at every line.

        Eventually, I fell asleep curled up, hugging my stuffed panda.

 

~ The Next Morning ~

 

        I was awoken the next morning by my phone ringing repeatedly. I looked at my phone. Three missed calls? I glanced at the clock and groaned at how late I had slept. It was almost lunch already. I picked up my phone, and to my surprise, they were all from key.

        Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong!

        The doorbell rang. I dragged my feet over to the door. I didn’t bother straightening myself up. I was much too tired.

        I glanced through the peephole, but couldn’t make out who it was because my eyesight was still foggy from drowsiness.

        I opened the door, and to my surprise Kibum was standing there. I was still half asleep when he brought me up in a big embrace.

        “Sunny!”He sounded like something had happened. We broke apart and I immediately broke into a smile.

        “Kibummie!”I grinned widely. “Sorry, I was sleeping…Have you been waiting outside long?”I was concerned. Had I kept him waiting?

        “Aniyo…”He looked away. “It doesn’t matter anyways.”He looked back and me and smiled.

        “Okay…”My voice trailed off, as I glanced down at myself. Crap. My hair was messy, my tank top was crooked and my pajama pants were falling down. “I should change,”I muttered.

        “Oh, don’t bother.”He smiled and kissed my forehead. “You look beautiful to me.”I smiled at his sweetness and kissed him quickly.

        “Come in.”I stepped aside for him to come in, and he grinned. I brought him to my couch and we sat down. “Was there a reason for your visit?”

        “Just to check up on you.”He said, setting down a plastic bag. With that, he pulled out a rose from behind his back and held it out to me. I held it lightly.

        “It’s beautiful, Thank you!”I said quietly, astonished. A rose? For me? I looked up at him, grateful, and he leaned in to kiss me. My hands closed tightly around the rose as he pulled away. I breathed in his scent and smiled to myself. “Saranghae.”I hugged him tightly. I felt his arms wrap around me too and he squeezed me back.

        “Na do saranghae.”He whispered.

        “Are you feeling okay?”He slowly receded and looked me up and down a couple times.

        “Ne. Thanks for coming.”He grinned and pulled up the plastic bag to his lap.

        “I brought some food and a couple movies.”

        “Oh, you didn’t have to.”I smiled, looking into the bag. “Any tissues?”I said, my nose stuffed.

        He laughed and pulled out a three-pack of tissue boxes. I my hair as I tried to open the tissue boxes and he stood up to go warm up some soup. I followed him, but he brought me back to the couch.

        “Get some more rest. You’ll get better faster.”He pulled a blanket over me, but I didn’t even wink. I kept talking to him, Kibum making food as I laid on the couch. It felt so weird…to have a boy cooking for me. I was grateful for him doing it anyways. 

        "I'm not tired." I whined. 

        "Just try." He sounded like an umma. He continued to talk to me still.

        After a while our conversation drifted away and my eyes got droopy again. Blowing my nose a final time, I threw the tissue into the bin which Kibum had placed next to me.

        “Take a nap.”I felt Kibum’s lips press on my forehead as I felt sleep overwhelm me.

        “Sleep well.”It was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep again. 

 

 

 

kekeke... sorry for the wait. ^^; enjoy~~~