Surprise

For You

Jay Park: the guy that I was never meant to see again. Guess it was crazy day, because there he was, standing before my eyes.

My jaw had dropped on to the ground, and I left it there. Jay looked the same way, and Khun...Well Khun just kept changing his gaze back and forth between us not sure what to do. I was unable to form a sentence, or even words, so my speech was just garbled noise.

"J-Jay? You? Khu...? Both? 2PM? Whaa?..."

My voice was lost, swallowed by emotion. What emotion? I wasn't exactly sure. I think that only time I felt anything remotely like this was, well, never. I was just in complete disbelief. Standing there, I could feel my feet robotically shuffling towards the two. Jay's eyes were practically falling out of their sockets, but he kind of striaghtened up and cleared his throat.

"Wen..."

Jay went to give me a hug, but my body was unresponsive so it just turned into a hovering hand over my back. He pulled away and stared straight at my face, as if searching for something I was hiding with my poker face of shock.

Now it was Khun's turn to be  surprised, just pointing rapidly at us after our awkward exchange. With a knitted brows, Khun slowy asked,

"You two..uhm..you two know eachother?"

Jay seemed to have gotten over the 'where the hell did you come' factor and was able to respond clearly.

"We met on my flight back from Seattle. We ended up sitting together"

I just decided to nod in agreement like most situations I felt uncomfortable in. I also tried to smile, but it came out as a grimace instead.

"Wait, than how do you know Wen?"

"I helped her with her bags at the university, and then I returned her lost sketcbook yesterday" Khun answered, still apparently having trouble accepting that this was even happening. "I invited her here, so she she could know someone in Korea".

I only knew two people in this country, and both were Korean Idols. Do I know how to pick them, or what.

Some type of protective instinct must have possessed Jay, because he took my hand as if Khun was threatening our frienship or something. I shivered at his warm touch and began to blush, so I softly slipped my hand out of his. He quickly realized his impulsiveness, and gave me an apologetic look before stepping away slightly.

I attempted to deflate the tense atmoshpere by suggesting we move out of the lobby, the two agreed and lead the way through a hallway to an elevator.

"Khun, could you tell the others to save some fish bread and ddukbokki for Wen? And to tidy up so the floor is visible."

"Arasso Jay"

Nichkhun quickly walked out of sight, and enterered an elevator, hearing the distinct 'ding'.

"I'm sorry for grabbing your hand in the lobby. I didn't know what came over me, guess I was just glad to see you. Sorry. "

Jay placed his hand on my shoulder, figuring that was as touchy as he could get. It didn't make me jumpl, so I let his hand stay there.

"You really need to stop apologizing Jay, it's ok. I'm naturally this crazy and embarassing, I may be starting to infect you with it"  I answered, ruffling his hair with a genuine smile. The second elevator had come, so we stepped in.

"So then tell me Wen, what happened at the airport?" Jay asked, relieved I wasn't angry.

"I was acting like a child, developing an attachment to someone I shouldn't have. Now it's my turn to apologize, for being too hopeful you'd remember me." I quietly answered, so only he would hear. I could feel a tear forming in my eye, for no other reason but because I had told the truth to him. Why did I also feel a twinge in my heart? We had only just met days ago. I was an abnormal nobody, and he was a poster boy somebody.

"I was referring to when I saw you after the flight, in the airport" 

"Oh." I avoided eye contact with Jay, feeling my entire body begin to burn from embarassment. How did his mere prescence make me open up my thoughts? I stumbled over my words, replying

"It was just some not-so constructive criticism from those fan girls. It just hit home a little more than usual ".

"I can't even imagine what it's like to be you" Jay stated, almost as if to himself. "That short time on the plane, and I knew there was a deeper level to you, one that few know. You have been through a lot, haven't you Wen?"

"I could say the same for you too Jay" I said softly.

By now, we had reached the floor where 2PM lived. Stepping out of the elevator, we headed for the door. About a minute before we arrived at the door, Jay simply looked at me grinning, and said

"One day I'll, have to borrow that t-shirt you're wearing".

- - - - - - - - - -

Jay's Perspective

Earlier that day was the first time I had stopped thinking about Wen, and if she was ok. Seeing her again just made it all come rushing back, knocking me over. When I found out she had come out of Khun's request, I got a little jealous. I don't know why, I had no right. She is not mine, so I shouldn't be protective. For alI I could know, Khun and her could be dating.

I got an opportunity to talk with her more privately, walking to the dorm, but there was still so much I left unsaid. Like how I didn't want her to walk out of my life again. Wen seemed to like me as a person at least, considering she let slip she had become attached somehow. It gave me a good feeeling knowing she had thought about me, maybe not as much as I thought of her though. She was so different, good different: special.

I was so lame, commenting on her shirt that said 'conspiracy' on it. It was the only thing I could think of after our heart to heart conversation. Atleast I was being honest, I did think it was cool. After all, conspiracy, or 'eun mo', was my word.

Approaching the door, I felt my temperature rise. What would the rest of 2PM think of Wen; of us?

- - - - - - - - - -

Nichkhun's Perspective

"Well, that was weird" I mumbled to myself in the elevator. What just happened seemed like it belonged in a cliche Korean drama. Jay and Wen; of all people to be in love. It was much to early to make assumptions, but it was clear. Jay never got that nervous around women. And Wen, well, she never acted that flustered around me when I met her, I even was using my best aegyo to impress her that day. It all depends on if they'll actually admit it to each other.

"Back so soon? Did she turn out to be a Khuntoria fan girl and try to kidnap you?" Taec joked, opening the door as I walked in.

"You'll get to see for yourself fashion terrorist. Jaebeom is coming up with her as we speak. So Chansung, stop gobbling down the food and save some for the guest."

I had to chuckle at the situation, seeing as the rest of the members were in just their boxers, and I had to laugh out loud at Taec, seeing as he was in his shark pajamas holding his okcat. 

"AIGO! Guys! Did you hear Khun-hyung? Get dressed! A women is coming up with Jaebeom!" Wooyoung screamed, dashing to pick up the blankets on the living room floor where he preferred to sleep.

Minutes later, I heard a *dok, dok, dok* on the door.