"Life can change in a flash"

For You

Nichkhun's Perspective

Where was Wen?

Usually I meant this in a figurative sense, like where is her dorky silly self, but now I really meant it literally.

She never seemed to be in the JYP building. I never could find her, and when I did she would rush off to somewhere else and not say where. The other members wouldn't say anything either, since she had been hanging out with them individually as of late. Maybe she was planning a surprise party for me; I don't know.

So, when she showed up at the dorm today I wasn't even phased by her formal dress but rather jus the fact she was there.

"Hi Khunnie!" Wen chirped, letting herself in after the first knock.

I scratched my head in surprise,

"Uhm... Hi?"

"Well, I'm taking you out tonight so you have to get fancied up" she instructed ing out a zippered bag with a suit.

She gave me wide eyes and chuckle, "Dont leave me waiting"
 
Still confused with why she was suddenly here, I just took the clothing and changed quickly. Luckily I had just showered, so we'd be on time for whatever this event was.

When I returned, Wen was cleaning up the messy kitchen. She looked up from the counter she was wiping,

"You look spiffy"

I smiled, "Thanks"

I then finally took in her appearance, with the full effect.

Wen wore all types of clothing for various shows and for many concerts, but the outfit she wore today was breathtaking. The flowing white dress grazed her knees, showing off her graceful figure. It was strapless and was paired with colourful strappy heels.

"And you" I checked her out again, not caring if I got hit afterwards, "You look grool"

"Grool?" Wen  back her lips

Good one, way to use a word not in the English language.

"I started to say great, but then I tried to say cool" I disclaimed, embarrassed.

"Well, you look grool too then" she giggled

She refused to tell me what we were going to do tonight. I guess being kidnapped and taken on crazy dates by 2PM definitely has influenced her. Finally she paid the taxi driver, but not before taking out two ornate masks.

"One for you, one for me"

I put on my mask, which matched the suit. It hid the left side of  my face with a black and white pattern. Wen's covered the upper half of hers, which was decorated with shining silver pieces over top of  colourfull paint.

Even with these masks, I still didn't get it. Maybe we're we going to rob a bank in style tonight.

Gladly, Wen picked up on the fact I was confused and explained.

"My friend Xiaxue from the university helped organize a masquerade ball. It's fundraising for the music composition program she is in."

"And we wont get recognized?" I worried

She shrugged, "If there wasn't a risk, it would t be any fun, would it"

I was unsure what to expect, so the venue impressed me even more. It was very elegant, especially being done by the students versus professionals. Chandeliers, a glossy dance floor, and banquet tables completed the image.

The music started and caught me off guard. It was classical music. I didn't do that sort of thing.

Web smirked at my reaction, probably feeling pretty smug that she had something over me.

"Would you like to dance, well; can you?" she cooed

"Challenge accepted" I answered, already leading her to the floor.

Unfortunately, I kind of failed this challenge.

Wen glided on the floor, while I more so stomped around. At least she took the lead even though I was suppose to: oops.

"That was my foot Kh- Wait, there you go" Wen guided me through a turn "Much better"

"Really?" I muttered, too concentrated on my feet

"For a pretty boy dancer of a boy band, you're a dream" she laughed lightly

It felt like hours that we dipped and spun on the dance floor. I hadn't been alone with Wen for a very long time, so I was trying to remember everything that was going on.

"Excuse me, may I cut in for a dance?"

I turned to see who had tapped my shoulder. It was a man, probably a year or two younger than me. He looked a lot like Key from ShinEE, and I knew Key always got the women. Don't get crazy and protective Khun, just go sit at the table and wait, and breathe.

"Yes, of course" I awkwardly replied, adding an equally awkward smile.

I scuffled of to my seat and watched him try to win her over. It was clear he was threatened by my moves. Well, he probably thought I was the dork who had asked the cheerleader to dance, and was saving her. I felt my muscles tense whenever his face got a title close to Wen's.

 

A girl began to skip towawrds me. Her quirky dress reminded me of Wen, from the time she has first come to the JYP building.


"You must be Wen's friend, Nichkhun right?" asked a women, sitting down in Wen's seat.

I freaked out, thinking that we had to get out before anyone else knew we both were here. Then I realized that she had called her Wen, and had no clue who I was other than her friend.

"That's me, I'm Khun; and you?" I hesitantly said

The small girl smiled, "I'm Xiaxue. Wen and I-"

"Are friends from university. She told me." I finished

"She mentioned me?" I saw Xiaxue blush, underneath her feathered mask, "Well, she definitely has talks about you"

I instantly began to listen more closely. I smiled, flattered

"Really? Hopefully they're good things"

She gave me a small smile, "Of course. She is very grateful for having you by her side"

We continued to chat, but I kept thinking of how much Xiaxue reminded me of the old Wen. The goofiness that made the conversation, and the eyes that lit up the room.

"Thanks for coming, I havent seen Wen in practically a year" Xiaxue smoothed down her fluffy dress, "Hopefully we'll be able to hang out more since she'll be back at university"

I practically spat out the water that I had been drinking.

"W-what? Wen? School? With her schedule?" I sputtered, utterly shocked

"Well, at least I hope she does. She said she was leaving the company soon. I thought you would know, seeing as you two are practically dating" Xiaxue  checked her watch with a frantic look, before scampering off behind a curtain "I really must go. It was nice to meet you Khun"

I didn't even manage a full wave goodbye because of how confused I was. Wen was leaving? 

I noticed Wen wave off the guy she had been dancing with and begin to prance towards me. Was I suppose to know about her quitting? Why hadn't I known? Why hadn't she told me? I thought we were best friends. Hell, I thought of her stil as more than that, not matter how much I tried to deny it.

"Saw you met Xiaxue" Wen slid into her seat "What did you think?"

I struggled to focus, still thinking about her leaving,

"Oh yea, she was nice. Really friendly" I mumbled

"Ready to dance again?" she asked

"Definitely" I replied, not wanting to talk much more

We once again twirled and skipped around the floor to a quick song. That's when the music ended, and the emcee spoke qiuckly

"A song, to mix up the night; enjoy!"

"Can you feel my heartbeat?"

Wen smirked at me from behind her mask, beginning to lip sync Taec's rap dramatically. The orchestra even was playing the accompianment.

Together we put on a performance of Heartbeat. It was quite impressive, not to mention fun. It reminded me of the time of the beach, where we had taken her out and sang by the fire. It was my own part, so I made it the best I could

"Stop trying to get her back, she aint coming. She's gone, gotta be moving on..."

My eyes met with Wen's as I said those lines, and suddenly they now had real meaning. She wasn't going to come back to me, so why was I still chasing her down. She didn't even know that I loved her so much... I stumbled trying to regain my step.

"Khun?..." she whispered, noticing my weak dancing

"I'm just tired" I lied, shaking off my thoughts

 Thankfully, the song ended and everone clapped for the change in music. Someone began to speak on the microphone again, but this time it was a young university student. The women seemed to have interesting news, seeing as she was practically jumping off the walls with excitrement

"Hello everyone, I am Misturo, or Mitsy. I hope you are all enjoying the night. It is about to get much better though, because we have a special guest. Seoul University of the Arts' proudly welcomes eMpress who has made an appearance."

Wen's face almost drained of all its colour.

"We need to go" she whimpered, grabbing for my hand

Suddenly, a light was shone on to where she was standing. The women called Wen, or should I say eMpress, to the stage. Wen left without a word.

She said a small improvised speech about the event, and got off there just as fast. People were taking photos the whole time, surely blinding her with the flashes.

"Now let's run" she hushed, again taking me and heading for the door. She smiled for the fans and reporters as she swirled out of sight with me in tow.

"I am so sorry Nichkhun. I didn't think that anyone I knew would even be there" Wen buckled her seatbelt in the back of a cab "Especially that prick Mitsy who's ratted me out to the press before."

"We had fun for a few hours; that's what matters." I comforted, patting her knee

That's when I spotted it in the side mirror; a private, or sasaseng, car was following us. I pointed it out to Wen, to which she cursed loudly.

"It's them again" she sighed, telling the driver to make a tight right turn arond the block.

I understood how she felt; I had sasaengs myself. They waited and circled like vultures outside of where 2PM lived, praying that they'd even see a glimpse of us as we came and went. It was flattering when they were admiring fans, but it passed into rude and disgusting when they would stalk us. The people following us now I knew always followed Wen, I recognized them. Once I had caught one of the boys touching her the second she stepped out of the building, trying to fondle her s and other areas. It sickened me how invasive they were, treating her like a piece of meat.

"And... Go!" hissed Wen, throwing some money to the driver and jumping out of the seat. She was leading me into the bush. Literatlly; a bush.

I had no idea where we were, but it must have been some hiking trail. Wen took us to some sort of meadow, off the trail. She looked like a runaway bride in the white dress, tripping through brambles and rocks to this resting spot. I probably looked like the groom who had left his fiancee at the alter then.

She dropped onto the ground, letting out a sigh. I joined her, laying on the damp grass and staring at the starry night sky. She hushed me, putting her finger to her lips. I could hear voices coming closer, making me nervous.

"Come on guys, she is probably already at her old residence!" called a low male voice

"Arasso; remember, it was Kong Dim, not Choi Men!" added a young female voice

The sound of four to six people thundered by our hiding spot, fading away to not even a thump. Instead, the sound of Wen crying took over. I held her hand tightly, letting her know I was there.

"You don't know how much I love you Khun; do you?" whispered Wen

Wait; back up there. Say that again? Did I just hear, what I thought I heard?

"W-what?...." I stuttered back

"It's selfish and horrible how I keep you tied down, taking you for granted. I know that some women can love you, and treat you much better than I have, so I am so sorry for leading you on and giving you false hopes. I do love you; but its unfair, knowing that I still love Jay"

I had never thought of things that way.

I sat up to see her face, which was just a stone gazing into the sky. Her lips quivered when she spoke, or even breathed.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked

She shrugged slightly, "Because I don't know when else I'd have the courage to say it again, or the opportunity."

I couldn't play dumb forever, so I said it,

"Wen, I know that you're leaving the company"

"How did you...Who told...But...." she trailed off into silence

Carefully, I asked my next question, "Why though? Not your reason for quitting, but for not telling me. I, we, could have worke-"

"I have been trying that for months, no, a whole year Khun. Even before Jay left, I knew I wasn't as happy as I once was. I need to leave." she stated

I used her own words against her, "You don't know how much I love you Wen, do you"

The emotion in her voice began to show, as she became more restless and less calm,

"I do, and that's why I am leaving. If you really love me, you'll let me go" she sat up all the way, propping herself up in her now dirty white dress "Both of us need to move on already. Who are we trying to fool? I can't handle all of this, and that you can't save me."

For months and months, I had worked so hard to get close with her. I wasn't going to have that thrown away to Seattle boy Jay. Unintentionally, my tone became more intense, bieng more upset with her.

"No. I am not letting you just give up."

"Khun; I can't. I don't even know who I am anymore." she croaked out

"You'll always be Wen to me" I wrapped my arms around her as she curled into a ball against my chest. She was so small, so scared.

"Please don't go. Think about how you felt when Jay left, I will be twice as bad"

"Think about how he had no choice; now I don't have one either. You would just sink with me if I stayed. "

She stood up on wobbly legs, beginning to walk

" I need to go home."

"To the JYP building then" I added, dusting of my pants

She winced and smeared her last tear across her cheek bone

"No Khun; to Jay. He's my home, and it's about time I went back"

She pranced through the dark expertly, making minimal noise. I struggled my way through, calling after her to please stay. I felt the tears in my eyes, blurring my vision. Wen, my bestfriend and forbidden lover, couldn't just disappear that easily. Unlike Jay, I was going to fight for her.

She strutted across the deserted street. I was far behind her, trying to catch up. I was approaching the sidewalk, hearing it long before I saw it. A car came screaming around the corner and down the street; it was the sasaengs again.

I reached my hand out; as if I could pull her back.

"Wen! Wen!" I cried, sprinting towards the road. The car was perfectly in like with her frail figure.

The lights reflected off her eyes as it caught her body. She mouthed out my name before collapsing on the road.

I rushed to her side, seeing the blood staining her white dress. I blubbered away, supporting her head as I tried to pick her up. The mask she had worn lay shattered on that street.

"No, no. Not like this, not like this." I chanted, trying to keep her awake. I watched helplessly as her eyes rolled back into her head, and her body went limp. I had to get her help, now.

Killed by fame; this is exactly what Wen had feared most.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jay's Perspective

Finally I was ready. Ready to face the fans, the critics, my girlfriend. In a day, I would be back in Korea.

I checked my email, reading up on some details about the arrangements for the airport. A little ding went off, meaning I had a new message.

From: [email protected]

I hadn't heard anything from her since the letter.

Clicking over ten times, I opened the email. I found nothing though, It didn't even say 'dear Jay", but just a link to a video. It was set to private, meaning that those who had the link could only see it. Guess I was the only one meant to watch it.

I pressed play, and was greeted by Wen in just a plain grey shirt sitting at her kitchen counter. I recognized her signature waving cat clock in the background.

"Hi Jay. I hope you are watching this, so I'm not just talking to a camera"

Wen readjusted the lense before continuing

"it's been nine months since we last saw eachother, and I have been very busy; performing on Mnet and Musicbank, designing clothing, meeting with producers. I have accomplished these things, but there is one thing that I haven't been able to finish"

Beside her, Wen grabbed her guitar and strapped it on. She cleared as she strummed a few chords and fixed the tuning. Her voice resonated, no fancy beats or electric accomplanment, just her. She for once sang from the heart.

I kept arguing about the littlest things
We argued more often and fought every day
And without knowing, I pushed you away
You left with our happiness

Oh no no please don’t go, everything is my fault
I’ll fix it so come back
I can’t live without you
I don’t know why I’m always a fool that is in love
When I’m in front of you
I’m only weak towards you

Please look at me, it hurts so much
I am so hurt boy I need a doctor
Because I’m a big girl, I won’t cry but still
I feel like I could die
I can’t live without you

I need you boy stay by my side
Wanna be with you till the day we die
Please stay by my side even if I die
I can’t lose you

I was speechless, touched by her singing. She  gentley swung the guitar on to her back before looking back at the camera.

"You haven't been able to come back, so please, promise me this last thing; finish the song. It's yours, do whatever you want"

Wen tucked a loosed piece of hair behind her ear, fidgeting like crazy

"I am doing this not to just to tell you how much I miss you. I really need to tell you something else" she paused cramatcally, taking a big gulp

"Jay, I'm leaving, I need to quit."

No; this was never suppose to happen.

"I don't really know how or when, but it will work out. Please, don't try to stop me. When we meet again, whenever that is, I'll be sure to tell you how thankful I am to have you." Wen wiped her left eye with her hand before saying a final thing, "I love you, so please, let me fix my own mistakes.  Bye darling"

The screen went still, the final shot of Wen on the screen. I sat there in shock, unsure how I felt; angry at myself, happy she had sent me this, upset over the message. I whipped out my phone, pressing the buttons so hard that the probably would stick

"Hey, it's Wen"

I sighed, she had picked up

"Wen, don't leave me. Please, I'm coming back tomorrow, I am not kidd-"

"I am probably sleeping, or eating. Or chasing down 2PM- Khun! Put that down! Sorry... Anyways, you know what to do"

The phone gave the signature beep, watinging for a message to be left. I just dropped it on the floor. I had failed Wen again, how could I even think she could accept me, assuming she would even see me.

Tomorrow could not come quicker, I could not be late. Every minute counted if I wanted to save her. I was going to try and stop her, regardless of how much she protested.

She was going to try and kill herself again; I could feel it. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Doctor, we have to do the blood transfusion now"

"She needs a skin graft as soon as possible though"

A hard orange glow was all I could see. I couldn't open my eyes, but I could hear people talking. I didn't recognize any of the voices.

What had happened? Where was I? Why couldn't I remember? I didn't have time to think about it anymore, because everything went black again.

I last thing I felt was a soft brushing kiss against my blood crusted lips, as a man whispered "once you love someone you don't stop, can't stop"