Ugly Past

For You

I can't begin to describe how great got feels to have Jay back, knowing that he is safe and happy. To even see a glimpse of him in the hall gives me relief.

Since we cannot be seen in public as a couple anymore, we are back to square one. That can mean anything from going out at ridiculous hours, to wearing ridiculous disguises. We were trying though, being able to see eachother in person at least once a week.

Wild bunny was still on going, I believe they were finishing the seventh episode. I watched it always, to see how they were doing.  The music video they had made absolutely was priceless. Chansung was the hilight, doing Ga-In's fluid y dance from the video.

Fortunately, my life was gaining some regularity, in the sense of having a social life. I frequently saw Mir, Lee Joon, other 2PM members, and Jiyong, sometimes to work but mostly to just to have fun.

Jiyong and I usually worked on music together, whether for me or him. I even had invited him to my place to see my workspace for designing, and what I was currently up to.

"I wish I could wear your clothes all the time, but you have a smaller men's collection" huffed Jiyong, feeling the various fabrics.

"That reminds me, I have something to show you" I pulled out my sketch book, "Ive been playing around with these ideas. I was inspired by BIGBANG, specifically you, for the designs."

The fashion drawings were all of men, sporting my newest ideas. Some were for a casual day out in the town, while others were for a red carpet entrance.

"I really like them Wen" Jiyong looked through the entire set, "Be sure you release this as a collection."

"Well, what do you think would be a good name for it?" I asked

"Jiyong, GD, Jiyong K.." he recommended, wrapping some fabric around me like a scarf.

I smirked, and then let out a light laugh, "I'll consider it"

As for when I spent time with Lee Joon and Mir, we did more juvenile things.

"Mireu! You're on my team!" I hollered, trying to dodge his attacks.

"Pikachuuuuuuuu!" exclaimed Joon, shocking me with a thunder bolt. For being a new Super Smash Brothers player, he was pretty good.

"Oh, mianhe!" apologized Mir, pushing buttons even more randomly.

The new casual life style started to crumble when I got the news.

Jay was under fire for comments he had made online years ago, calling Korea gay and saying that he hates Koreans. It made me angry knowing someone dug up these things, from years ago when he was a trainee.

Neitzens were going ballistic; starting petitions for his removal from the group, and even for him to commit suicide. I couldn't believe how extreme people here were. I can't imagine what they would do with a scandal from America, about a celebrity cheating or being arrested.

If I was hurting this much watching Jay go through this, I can't imagine what he felt like.

"I don't know what to do Wen. Am I suppose to let this blow over, or do something. What am I suppose to say?" ranted Jay, violently chopping up vegetables.

I tasted the soup, "There is no right or wrong answer. Either way, people will be upset. You can't please everyone, so at least please yourself"

"So then what would make you happy" Jay rested his hand on the counter, while giving me a curious look

"If you are safe, healthy, and happy. That's what matters to me" I responded coyly

"We have to stop being so considerate towards eachother, because that didn't help at all" sighed Jay, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Ok. Well, if I was you Jay, I would do what will pay out in the long run, not something that will work for a month or two and then fall apart. That's all I can say."

The rest of the evening, we didn't bring up the topic again. We ate, watched a movie, and goofed off like anyother time. Jay was about to leave for his dorm, when he he did his nervous neck rub and avoidance of eye contact

"Wen, I think I want to go to Seattle again. To take a break, and let this settle down. "

I winced, thinking of what happened last time he went back to the States, "Whatever will help"

"So you'll be ok? I don't plan on leaving for another two days" he whispered

"I'll manage. Just stay safe, and don't do anything crazy" I assured, giving him a deep hug

"See you soon Wen"  Jay gave me a slow meaningful kiss. Whatever the meaning, I'm still unsure. 

"See you soon" I echoed, already worried about him leaving.

How long would be gone this time; weeks, months, or years. No matter the time span, I know I'd still fall for him the minute I lay eyes on him.

The following day we had all planned to be home, to say goodbye to Jay before he left for Seattle. No one knew the next time we'd see him, so this could be the last. I wasn't going to let that happen though. Everthing was going well, I was the last to arrive back at JYP from schedule. I was headed straight for their dorm, when Park Jin-Young's secrety hurried towards me. 

"Miss Graydon, Mr. Park would like to see you immediately in his office"

I nodded, freaking out about what I was in trouble about. Being personally invited to the office either meant very good, or very bad things. I hadn't been exactly extraordinary lately, so I assumed the worst. I hadn't done anything unfathomable though either. Guess I had to just see what he said.

I knocked on the oor quietly, and peeked in through the small slit in the door.

"Yes, Wen. Please have a seat. "

I sat down quickly without question.

"I have been meaning to discuss this with you this morning, but I know you were on M! Countdown, congratulations by the way. This is quite a serious matter, because it is quite a serious problem. You and Park Jaebeom are still friends, correct?"

"Yes Mr. Park" I replied crisply. Was this another relationship ploy he had in mind?

"I am sure he has told you about his decision then, in result of recent events"

I nodded in agreement, "Yes. He told me about his return to Seattle."

Park Jin-Young relxed slightly, "Perfect, than you will understand how you cannot have contact with him since his contract will be teriminated."

At first I did my lazy nod, but I immediately stopped, with a loss of words.

"Pardon?" I stammered

"I have already talked to the rest of 2PM about not contacting him, so now that you know, there are no more loose ends to tie up. It is quite unfortunate that he has decided to leave his post as leader. " JYP added

"P-Pardon?" I repreated more urgently

JYP gave me an odd look, "There are no more loose ends to tie up..."

"No not that, give me one moment" I down a large breath, and shook out the other things clouding my mind, "So Jay is no longer under JYP Entertainment, no longer apart of 2PM, and no longer living in Korea"

By now I was having an intense staring contest with the floor, trying to wrap my mind around this

"Correct I thought you knew already. Jay told me last night of his decision. "

I whipped my head up, "Is this all you had to tell me Mr. Park?"

I think he was a bit taken aback by my sudden strong tone and assertiveness, "Yes Wen. Thank you for coming, I hope you understand the circumstances."

I gave a bow, and then got the hell out of there.

I couldn't believe this; Jay had decided last night. When he said he was going to Seattle, he already knew he would be leaving the company. Bending the truth, he got around telling me the whole thing.

That tricky bastard.

He was not getting away with this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nichkhun's Perspective

"Y-You are leaving?" stuttered Junho

"Jay, you don't have to. I know we can get past this" Wooyoung's voice started to quiver, "W-we can't lose out leader"

"I'm sorry guys, you know I'd stay if I could, but this controversy doesn't leave me many choices. I'm not letting this ruin 2PM" said Jay

"Do what you have to do; you know you can come back whenever you're ready" I patted Jay on the shoulder, "Have you told Wen?"

Jay shrugged, and gave us a guilty look, "No..."

Junsu shook his head, "You need to tell her soon, she's your girlfriend. If you don't....", then broke apart the heart shape he had made with his hands.

"I'll tell her tomorrow night. She said she's coming over anyways." said Jay

"We'll be there too; so we all can say goodbye together" added Chansung

He nodded slowy, and then stalked away with no comment to his room.

All of us were pretty drained after the long talk with Jay about leaving for Seattle. None of us would believe it, being in complete denial. I don't think we'd get our heads around it until he actually left, bags in hand for the airport tomorrow. Maybe not even then, maybe when we step on stage and realize we don't have our leader.

It was sickening how my first concern wasn't about 2PM, but what would happen to Wen. Jay and her were a package deal, and when you tried to seperate the contents from the wrapping, you had to rip it apart. She had tried to commit suicide once -I saw the scars- so would this push her over the edge to try it again? Again, the bestfriend would be there to see her through the rough; not her beloved Jay.

The next day, we all sat around waiting for her to arrive. I don't think Jay had told her the news yet, so it was best for us all to keep our motuhs shut. Hell, Taec just found out this afternoon.

That's when I heard banging on the door and Wen's unmistakable swearing in English, Korean, French, and Thai.

She definitely had found out.