Liar Liar

For You

The next week I visited the doctor for a quick check up. Fortunately everything is healing properly, so I don't have to go back for a whole month. I negotiated myself into a walking cast, but I don't get it for two weeks. Better late then never.

I got back from the hospital, my arms already burning from hiking it to the car. Khun had taken me, so I gave in and let him wheel me around. I felt so useless when I didn't have control over where I went, not directly at least. He took me into a room on their floor, where the rest of the guys were lounging around.

The room was so different from the rest, being abstract and colourful versus clean and streamline. There were fluffy chairs, pillows, and other random stuff to fool around with. I guess this was their own personal hangout, seeing as each of their faces were painted on the walls.

"Daebak" I muttered under my breath, inspecting the workmanship.

I awkwardly got out of the wheelchair and crutched myself around for a closer peek.

"Really Taec?" I smirked, pointing at a green cat painted by his face. He just gave me a cheeky grin in reply, meaning he definitely had painted that on.

I made my way back to the start, feeling my hands over all the different and splatters. I stopped, seeing a giant white void of nothing.  It was obvious that something had been covered up. A shelf had been  bolted over the wall in an attempt to fill it up, but it was clear it wasn't suppose to be there. It must have been their ex-member, my best friend, Jay. I started to feel a pulling sensation, grazing my fingers over a small heart shape. It was half blue and half red, made by the sides of two hands, two different ones. Who had painte- I had. I had painted this room, the heart on the wall. Who had printed the other half with me though? It wasn't under Khun's portrait... Were Jay and I that close, that we just flirted nonstop?

"Thinking about something?" whispered Khun, coming up and hugging me from behind. I heard the guys cough loudly, clearly wanting him to tone down the affection. He ignored them though, and just held me tighter. 

"Just wondering; when did I paint this place?" I asked, unwrapping his arms from my waist.

"Around a year and a half ago. You weren't apart of the company then" Junho flopped onto a pile of pillows beside Chansung, "But a few months ago they covered up-"

"Junho, don't you have to take care of Ggomengie?" interupted Junsu, giving Junho a stare that could kill

Junho shook his head, "Uhm, no. I just fed him"

Clearly, they guys were unaware that I had remembered their ex-bandmate Jay. I don't even think they knew he had come to see me, only Khun did. May as well break the tension now, I don't get why they felt they had to avoid the topic around me.

"Guys, I figured that they painted over Jay's portrait. Seriosuly, my memory is not completely disintigrated" I stated, laying on the floor face up.

Wooyoung stopped tossing a stuff pandabear with Taec, looking at me like I had grown a third eye,

"You know?" he gasped

I chuckled at his expression, "Yes sir."

"So then are you and Jaebeom hyung still together?"

"Ja- What?" I stopped talking to process what Wooyoung had said, "Khun is my boyfriend, we've been together for over a year"

Taec just smirked and rolled his eyes while Khun rubbed his forehead. Clearly someone was out of the loop.

"But... How...Nevermind" Wooyoung pretended to zip his mouth shut.

I thought that the atmosphere would lighten up, but the opposite happened as it sunk all the way down to the floor. I excused myself from the room, needing to get some fresh air. Twice in the past hour had two things happened that implied Jay and I were more than friends. Had I been cheating on Khun with him? Why couldn't I seem to figure this part of my memory out. God, I hate having prosopagnosia.

I got to the balcony in my room just in time because my arms were about to fall off. I definitely was going to have killer upper body strength after this whole ordeal. I leaned over the railing, feeling calm watching the drift of traffic down below.

My heartbeat quickened when I thought of Jay, not when I thought of Khun. There was always this mystery between us, unlike how comfortable it was with Khun. The two were so different, yet similiar. Once I really think of it; where were my romantic feelings for my boyfriend? Sure, they were there probably before the accident, but now I didn't seem to feel a whole lot. To be honest, I felt like I had to rebuild my relationship with everyone in my life.

Maybe a talk with Jay would sort these feelings -or lack there of- out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nichkhun's Perspective

"You sure have good timing Wooyoung" jeered Taec, patting him on the back. I sure wanted give more than a pat to Wooyoung right now. Thank god Wen had left when she did.

"How did she remember Jay? Did it just happen randomly when she was napping away at the hospital?" asked Wooyoung, floored by the fact still

I stayed silent, really unsure how to act in the situation. I totally just got chewed out to the rest of the guys.

"Yea, tell them Mr. Boyfriend" Junsu cooed

I shuffled my feet around, nervous to tell them all, knowing they would probably punch me. 

"Well, no one actually told her who Jay was. He just showed up and visited her in the hospital, that's all"

Taec's jaw fell open,

"T-that's all? You never told me that Khun!" he stood up, jabbing a finger into my chest "Jay's our friend still, your friend, and you aren't acting like one."

He stormed out of the room, slamming the door shut.

"So you stole Wen, right under Jay's nose" Junho kept mumbling away to himself, before jerking out of his own little world, "That isn't cool Khun"

I sighed, "Look; I will be starting We Got Married so our relationship will go underground anyways, so you can stop nagging m-"

"What relationship! It's all a lie, even you know that" stated Chansung

I began to lose it, tired of being told off

"Do you know what, I heard all this last night so I don't need to hear it again. I'm leaving, and when I do, this argument is done. " Slightly, I toned down my yelling to a stern lecture, "I can't just put all her memories back along with my feelings for her. I'll see you all tonight to travel to Busan; goodnight"

As I marched straight out for my escape, I could feel tears welling up in my eyes along with anger. The tears were because of Wen, and the anger because of myself; the truth burned. I really did make a mistake. Who was I to say who she should, and shouldn't love. There was only one thing that could make the situation crumble further.

Of course, this thing happened; multiple times.

Since Wen was out of commission -doctor's orders- she had much more free time. She pumped out another clothing collection successfully, wrote music, but mostly spent her time reconnecting with people to figure out more of who she was. To be specific, 'people' is code for Jay.

Turns out, since we no longer are rookies or trainees we moved out of the JYP building. Therefore, so did Wen. Whenever I called, she'd be with Jay. Everytime I did, the sting from when they were together crept in, jolting me out of the fantasy that she actually loved me.

My feelings blinded me to what she clearly didn't feel; I had done the exact thing that I had tried to prevent. I was tying her down into a relationship, that she was too afraid to break off for the sake of the other. I had lied to her. I thought I was putting her first, trying to pick up the pieces that Jay had left, but no; that was for me.

I am so, sorry Wen.