Take and Give

For You

For the next few days, I continued on as I normally would. Going to morning classes in my pajamas, watching the clouds in my new spot, and playing videos games in my underwear; except for the media following my every move in public. I had been following a Korean pop culture site, to get to know what was in nowadays, and apparently, that thing was me. There were pictures of me eating, going to class, and painting in the park. I got approached a handful of times by different people, asking for the 'real' story, so I gave them the one Jay and I had crafted oh so well.

"Wen, tell me about your relationship with Jaebeom"

"It's like any other relationship as best friends; we hangout and play video games, go for a bite to eat, and generally act sily all the time. It's no different because I'm a girl, we've known each other since we were kids in Seattle. He's family to me."

Sometimes I also got the occasional, "Anything between Lee Joon and you", thanks to the rumour mill in combination with the twisting of my words.

I could handle the reporters, but the 2PM and Jaebeom fans; they're an entirely different thing.

The reporters knew the limits, staying professional. The fans didn't care about that, they followed me wherever I went. My personal favourite is the bathroom in Starbucks.

"Tell oppa I say hi! Oh, and sign this for me!" screamed a girl no older than 18 who had been trailing me for the past 30 minutes.

Everyone would practice their signatures all over their notes and folders just in case they became famous, but I never thought I'd get to show off my fancy scroll.

"Thank you so much Wen unnie!" yelled the girl running over to her friends, who were jumping up and down.

For about an hour a day, I was able to escape to my safe room in the JYP building, and paint. I was almost done, just the 2PM on the ground needed to be shaded, and than it would be completed. As I was cleaning up at around 9 at night, I heard a knock at the door.

"Coming!" I called, wiping my hands off with a towel. I slipped out of the room, barely opening the door, to find the Jun brothers standing outside. '

"Hey guys!" I greeted, catching them in a group hug

"Yobasayo!" They replied in unison. Junsu reached into his pocket, and took out a pair of keys "We are going to have some fun us three. And I am a much better driver than Jaebeom, but don't tell him I said that"

I hadn't seen any other the members since a week ago, so I was absolutely ecstatic.

"Let's go!" I clapped, taking off the large shirt I wore over my clothing while painting.

We chatted constantly in the car, so much that I was afraid Junsu would get distracted and crash the car.

"What's new with my favourite boyband anyways? How goes Idol Army?" I asked

"Crazy as usual. We did an episode yesterday actually. The best part yet I think was the breakfast Jaebeom and Woooung made; it was... interesting" laughed Junsu.

"It is fun though, we get to meet other idols and have fun. You should drop by and watch the filiming once!" suggested Junho

"Sure, it'd be a blast undoubtedbly" I replied, thinking of how I haven't seen 2PM in their natural, or unnatural, habitiat, depending on how you put it.

We arrived at our destination; a kareoke bar. I had to let out a chuckle, playing into the asian stereotype tonight I see.

Junho and Junsu had booked a room, so we were set for the night. I could tell this was going to be fun.

"Gee, gee, gee, gee, baby, baby" sang out the two, while doing the dance form the SNSD music video. This got me rolling on the floor, not being able to gain my breath back.

Together they taught me the dance, and before I knew it we had formed out own group. I also got to learn a 2NE1 and one of their own routines.

"You can rap just as well as Taecyeon, and dance as well as Jaebeom. They better watch out for you" teased Junsu, genuinely impressed with my performance to 'Again and Again'.

Eventually we wrapped up our sing-a-long and decided to drive back -it was approaching midnight anyways. As we walked out the back entrance to the car, three girls emerged and approached us. They were unable to talk, overwhelmed by the fact Junho and Junsu were there. Politely, they said they were in hurry and gave them a smile. They went along with it and left. For fans, I'm surprised they didnt jump for a picture or autograph.

"Fans?" I buckled my seat belt seeing the girls disappear on to the crowded street.

"Yes and no -sasaengs" explained Junho. I could converse decently in Korean, but I hadn't heard that term.

"Nuguseyo?" I asked, thouroughly confused

"Sasaengs are super fans. They follow us everywhere, and probably know more about the members than we do" added Junsu, starting up the car, "Those girls I see frequently waiting outside JYP. Sasaengs really are harmless, it just gets too much sometimes."

"By your description, I'd say it's too much all the time" I commented.

They dropped me of at my residence so I didn'y have to walk home in the dark. Junho opened the car door for, and said goodbye,

"Thanks for having fun with us! Bye noona!"

"Bye Junho, thanks for taking me out" I gave Junho a nice hug, I really did appreciate what they had done for me tonight. It did get lonely easily.

And with that, Junho hopped back in the front seat and drove off. It felt good to have true friends again, people in my life that cared. Especially ones that are Korean celebritites who have chaotic busy everyday lives.

I my phone in my room to see that I had a voicemail from Jay,

Hey Wen, it's me.

So, I've been invited on to this Korean show called Stong Heart, but the catch is they want you to come also. JYP is really pushing for this for promoting, do you think you could do this? It will be next week, on Wednesday night. Arrive at the JYP building around 5 if you are up for it.

Hope you are well, I love you. Bye.

I had no idea what type of show Strong Heart was, so I did my research. It seemed to be just a talk show, just with more spontaniety. I caled Jay back, but he didn't pick up so I jsut left a message

Hi Jay

I'd be fine with doing Strong heart, I'll see you then.

After leaving a message, I took sometime to catch up on my online life. I had hundreds of Facebook requests, from people I didn't know. I'm assuming they were 2PM fans. I grew tired of this, and just went to bed.

I laid on my mattress, not being able to drift off to sleep. I kept thinking about those sasaengs at the kareoke bar. Is that what my life would become if I stayed with Jay? What about all the things I wanted to do for me? Would those be taken away because of my relationship with Jay and the rest of 2PM? Was it worth it? These thoughts became so muddled, that I fell asleep in a cloud of confusion. Maybe the beams of reason would shine through in the morning.

Six days past, it was Tuesday; one day before my first official appearance, on Strong Heart. I had ran offer safe responses in my head to possible questiobs. Hell, I video taped myself to make sure that I wasn't over or under doing it. That morning I got a call. Immediately I thought it would be Jay, but it turned out to be Khun.

"Oh, Hey Khunnie! Whats shaking?"

"Hi Wen. I was wondering if you wanted to hangout today?"

I needed something to calm me down, "Sure, I'd love to. I just need to do about an hour of painting in the room, and than we can have some fun. Sound good?"

"I'll see you at JYP then" replied Khun, I heard whispers in the background (specifically on with a Daegu accent) before he continued, "Bye Wen"

"Bye Khun" I ended the call, wondering what he was up to. Something was brewing in his mind and the rest of 2PM's; I could tell.

Nonetheless, I wanted to hangout with Khun, I missed my dorky idols. I got dressed in less than an hour, and left for JYP.

When arrived, I was warmly welcomed by my boy Nichkhun. He was always so chipper, it made me happy.

"Hi Wen. When you finish up, just wait for me in the studio. I'll be down in around an hour."

"Perfecy! Later." I gave him a wave before getting to the work ahead of me. I was so glad he spoke English, it made my visits a little less embarassing.

"Beautiful!" I cheered, completing the final . The paint job had exceeded my expectations; all the members looked like themselves, the paint stayed vibrant, and the 2PM was a perfect match to their logo. I took the beware sign off my door, and went into the studio.

Iwas stunned to see that a grand piano had been moved into the space. I guess it was a music studio as well as one for dance. The floor must've been cleaned recently, because I could see my reflection in it. I giggled at the little pandabear sitting on the grand piano; most likely Junsu that goof.

"Khun shouldn't be here for another 10 minutes..." I thought to myself. One dance, and one sing couldn't hurt. This room was just asking me to try it on for size. I plugged my phone into the stereo and played the song with the most bass. I felt it through the floor, setting me into my dancing trance.

I could feel my emotions pour out of me; any frustrations, worries, or anger. Those were gone when I danced. They song faded out, and a slow adage came on. I needed to cool down anyways, so I did my ballet study from class. In this piece, I had to do five fouttés and a ponché. Most of the time, I fell flat on my . Today though, I did them superbly. I guess it was the lack of pressure I usually got from my teacher and peers that stopped me from doing it this way everytime.

Feeling 100% better than I had before, I sat down at the grand piano, ready to tickle the ivories. Since I was in 2PM's place, I thought it would be proper to sing one of their songs. I settled for an acoustic piano version of Again and Again, mixing in the chorus of Heartbeat to make a cute medley. This music was so different from American music, dare I even call some the mainsteam stuf music. One could only listen to songs of partying and unprotected only so many times.

I sang the last chorus, realing getting into it

Listen to my heart beat (It's beating for you). Listen to my beartbe-

I was cut off by someone entering the studio. Finally, Khun had come. almost twenty minutes late, but he was here.

My eyes buldged at the person in the dooryway: it wasn't Khun, or even another 2PM boy. Suddenly, the truth slapped me across the face. I saw his picture everywhere in the building and on the Kpop websites; it was JYP in the flesh, Park Jin-young.

I was in deep trouble, and ot the good type.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Nichkhun's Perspective

"Ok guys, the plan is a go. She just started painting" I announced to Tae  and Wooyoung as I enterd the dorm.

"Yes! I know she can't resist our studio. The first time she was there she couldn't stop dancing" Wooyoung tried to imitate Wen from the first time we met, but failed at break dancing.

"Leave the b-boying to Wen" Taec pulled Wooyoung off the ground, "So, JYP is here today?"

"Definitely, I made sure he was available just for this plan. The camera is in the pand- Oh! She's in the studio! Look" screamed Wooyoung, pointing at the laptop. He was right, Wen could not resist an opportunity to dance and sing. This was our cue to go to JYP.

The three of us ran to his office, only being able to compose ourselves while the elevator went to the top floor.

"Park Jin-young! We have you what you are looking for; the next susperstar!" exclaimed Taec, pushing the laptop in front of JYP. "Her name is Wen, she can do everything!"

I wasn't sure how to act around JYP right now, he just inspected Wen's impromt performance on the screen like he was looking at a menu for lunch. Evetually he spoke, pushing his glasses up on to his nose.

"Well, why don't I pay her a visit. Come along boys" JYP got up out of his seat, and lead the way to our studio.

If JYP really did like what Wen had to offer, this would make hanging out with us ten times easier, she could have a real family for once, here as an idol. I slipped my hand behind my back, giving Wooyoung and Taec a high-five; our plan was working.
 

As soon as we were on the correct floor, Wen's had begun singing. Taec, Wooyoung, and I all smiled, pleased to hear it was our songs Again and Again, and Heartbeat as a medley. Good to see we've been influencing her already. JYP motioned for us to wait outside the studio, he opened the door slowly before again closing it.

"Abuyah! Wae!" spat out Taec, disappointed we couldn't watch. We presed out faces against the door, hoping we'd hear what was happening.

Oh, finally. A little late there Nichk-

Taec and I let out a laugh at Wen swearing.

Miss Graydon, Wen Graydon, correct? I am Park Jin-young, founder of JYP. I couldn't help but be taken by your talent as a singer, dancer, and piano player. Also the fact that you are already friends with my boys 2PM. Would you consider being apart of the label?

Our evil plan was working out; flawlessly. Well, I thought so until I saw Jay coming down the hallway. Why had he cut his workout short? He should still be doing chin-ups and 'feeling the burn'.

"Uhm.. Hi hyung. You look tired, you should go and take a nice relaxi-" stuttered Wooyung. Man, was he a bad at making excuses.

"Wen. I know she's in there, I know my girlfriend's voice" said Jay, in a stern way. "And why are we whispering?"

I mouthed out 'JYP' to him, and immediately he went from curious, to angry.

"What makes it ok to do that to her? You heard! She doesn't want this, this life!" Jay was throwing a fit, I could see the veins in his neck poping out. He went on though, this time raising his voice, "I'm trying to protect her guys!"

"Ya, dating her really helped out" commented Taec sarcastically. This earned him a glare, and a punch in the arm.

"I'm going in, I'm not letting her ruin herself" Jay declared, getting ready to burst through the door.

I grabbed his wrist, before saying, "Oh yea, and then ruin your career. JYP, the man that brought you to Korea, is in that room. Just wait, she'll be out soon."

The mention of seeing Wen seemed to calm him down. Boy did he like her a lot. Now the four us waited, lined up against the wall. We couldn't here what was being said, so we had to sit in silence.

Taec ended the quiet mood, possibly in the worst way possible. I can't believe the things he says sometimes, I just shook my head the entire time. Wooyoung pretended that he didn't know anything about it.

"So Jay..." Taec turned to face Jay striahgt on, a smirk appearing in his face, "How good is Wen in bed?"