Acting

For You

I had no classes today, so I got to sleep in. This was ruined though by my nerves about appearing on Strong Heart tonight.

By 9 am, I had called Xiaxue (who thankfully isn't into 2PM) and went for a run.

"Everywhere I look, and everyone I talk to won't stop yapping about you and your famous boyfriend. Is it tiresome?" asked Xiaxue as we stretched in the park.

"Yes, it can be. It's the price I pay though. Glad you aren't mobbing me for information, like Mitsy, who called the media on me." I replied.

"I'm not really into that type of scene anyways, I like classical music I must admit." Xiaxue lead the way, jogging down the sidewalk, "And thanks for running with me Wen, I haven't heard from you in while. Personally, at least."

"It's no problem, I really need to get some air and relax. I am making my first appearance today on a talkshow with Jay, so I'm extremely anxious." I said

Xiaxue and I ran for about an hour. My legs were on fire by the time we stopped to grab a drink and rest. She wished me luck on my appearance on TV, and then went off to class. I think I was going to miss her when I moved into JYP at the end of the semester. I still had trouble accepting I would be leaving the university, stopping the journey to get my masters of art. At least I already had my bachelor of design, and I could return and finish.

I strolled back to my room after saying bye to Xiaxue. It was a pleasent spring day, not too hot or cold. A breeze tickled my skin and the sun warmed it perfectly. Feeling refreshed, I felt that I could do some work and actually be productive. I made the pattern for a vintage dress, and cut the fabric. I began to do some pinning on the mannequin, when I saw that it was already 4:00. Throwing on a some casual dress clothes, I left for JYP, hailing a cab. 

I hadn't been online for the entire day, so I felt that I deserved to plug in on my phone for a little bit. As I suspected, there were multiple photos of Jay and I from this morning, and the video from 'Kpop Goss' already had thousands and thousands of views. I scrolled past these, but stopped at one of the photos. It was me yes, not with Jay, but from this morning walking back to my room after jogging. Underneath, it read

Wen Graydon, recent girlfriend of 2PM's leader Park Jaebeom, was spotted today jogging. Having her hair away from her face revealed her tattoo; what is it, we are not sure. Is is for Jaebeom? Or someone else? Will this affect her image as an ulzzang? We will see if she has what it takes to become a star like her boyfriend.

At first I was flattered by the fact they said I was an ulzzang, but than I became worried. They did bring up a key point; would the company make me get the tattoo removed or changed? Jay could keep his tattoos, but that was apart of his image as a beastly idol. What if they wanted me to be a cute or even y idol, would they take away all of me? I was getting ahead of myself, this was just some amateur site, not JYP himself. I'll just wait and see what happens.

I entered the building to be greeted by a very professional looking women. I bowed and greeted her formally,

"Anyounghasayo, Wen-imida"

"Anyounghaseyo, Hyun-Ae imida. I am now your stylist, your appearance on Strong Heart being my first task with you. So, follow me"

Hyun-Ae seemed like a decent person,  I just hoped that the outfit for tonight didn't include spandex, or lycra. I shivered at the thought.

We entered a room I had never seen before, or even noticed. It guess it was just a lounge usually, but it had a long rack with about five zippered bags containing clothing.

"Here, try this on" ordered Hyun-Ae. I took the clothing, and changed. I did this for each outfit, recieving commentary for each one by Hyun-Ae and her assistant.

"This, this is the one! Go put this on again quickly, and - Oh! it's already 6! Strong heart is at 7, we must get going." said Hyun-Ae, frantically throwing the outfit into my arms, with her assistant following her looking just as stressed out. "When you're done, I'll be in the car. We'll meet Jaebeom at the studio"

I slipped into the clothing, almost passing out from not being able to breathe. I looked at the mirrior, not being able to recognize the reflection. The women in the mirror was the opposite of myself, wearing a dress with a very tight bodice that hugged every curve. It was very revealing, most of it being made of black lace. The shoes were the only thing that even slightly reflected who I was, they were just simple red pumps. I clicked through the lobby to the car awaiting outside the door, where Hyun-Ae was beckoning me to get in faster. Sliding into the back seat, and pulling the door shut, we were off.

"Wen, you still have to go through hair and makeup, so when we arrive go immediately to dressing room 3." instructed Hyun-Ae. I nodded in understanding.

Stepping foot into the studio, was like entering an entirely different place. It was extremely bright, and just so glamourous and glitzy that no one would think it is real. I walked quickly to the room I was suppose to go to, and immediately a group of people got to work on me. My hair was being tortued by a straightner, while my face was being painted with foundation. In the end, I looked like I could walk the red carpet. My hair had been curled into boxy waves, with a honey coloured extension in the back. As for my makeup, Iooked like a high class e for mayor's or politicians -in a good way. They had made my eyeshadow very dark, black shadow with a vibrant gold eyeliner. My lips were a candy apple red, filled in perfectly symmetrical.

"Wen...?"

"I swear! I am not touching my hair or makeup!" I called at whoever had entered the dressing room.

"Now that's my girlfriend" chuckled Jay, giving me a hug "You look gorgeous, y even"

I rolled my eyes at his use of y, "Well thank you, so do you, as usual. I didn't think they'd do this far for my wardrobe, I was just hoping for some jeans, blouse, and my glasses."

"I'm sure they'll love you regardless" assured Jay, "We need to go on stage"

"Lead the way dear" He smiled at me calling him 'dear', taking my hand. We took our spots beside eachother on the set. I saw how each person had a board infront of them with their name on it, even I did.

"G-Dragon, Seungri, Lee Joon, Mir, Park Bom, Sandara Park..." I read in my head. Wow, I didn't know that many other singers would be here. I got a little nervous that two of MBLAQ's members would be here, seeing as my hair tattoo had been just redone in the dresing room. I hope I didn't seem like a stalker.

A red light was flashing, I didn't need to be told what that meant. I was ready to act the part of Wen Graydon: y best friend turned gilrfirend of famous Jaebeom.

The filming was going well, I was even enjoying myself. The other guests knew their personalities well, amplifying their key characteristics that made them favourites. Currently, Lee Joon and Mir were being talked to by the host

"You must be favourites in MBLAQ, expecially with the ladies. Even Miss Wen is sporting your fan and group name"

"Thank you, I did know of Wen's hair design before today and was very flattered. Being a rookie group can be difficult, but having support really helps" Lee Joon gave me a wink, and Mir gave me a cute wave. My goodness they were cute, I still could never believe that Mir was the maknae. "I do have something to show you all, since this is Strong Heart" Lee Joon added.

He began g his jacket, was he going to take his shirt off? I secretly hoped he would, but restrained myself seeing as Jay was right beside me. Lee Joon took off his jacket not to show us his chest, but a shirt with a picture of Jay and I, saying 'WENBEOM" underneath. Everyone began laughing, and clapping at Lee Joon. Mir and Joon made a heart with their hands, pulsing it against their chest at Jay and I. I gave them one back, and a little giggle.

"That brings us to the next pair of the night; Jaebeom and Wen. According to many websites, and Lee Joon's shirt, you two are officially a couple. Is this true?" asked the host

"Yes, we are a couple" said Jay proudly, "She came from Seattle to study here in Korea, and we reconnected" He took my hand for extra effect, This got some 'awes' from the crowd.

"Tell us than, how'd you meet, and what's it like to me dating the leader of 2PM?" the host directed at me, this is what I had been practicing for.

I started it off with a meaningful look at Jay that was suppose to say' ah -young love", but really it was so that Jay would be payig attention so we didn't screw up with a future question that could contradict this story.

"We grew up in Seattle together, we were neighbours all through childhood. We went to school together also, and spent bascially every other minute at one of our homes. Jay had been pursuing me to be his girlfriend during high-school, but I already had a boyfriend. Eventually I broke up with this boyfriend, and Jay left for Korea. We communicated through the web, and saw eachother once a year, but I missed my bestfriend. So this year I decided to study abroad at the Korea National University of Arts for my masters, and Jay and I met again. Yesterday it was our first day officially as a couple."

The audience was dead silent, soaking up the bucket of information I'd dumped on them. They then began to cheer, chanting "Wenbeom", I guess this was our new couple name.

"That is an amazing story! Why dont you give your girlfriend a k- Wait, why don't you sing for her Jaebeom!" The host egged on the audience, making it harder for Jay to turn down his offer.

Jay got up form his seat and accepted; the imprompt performance began

Tired of being alone, and sick of being single. I think I need me a girl

I didn't know Jay had rehearsed this, his dancing and singing was perfect not to have been. He came over to my seat, and held out his hand for my taking. I smiled at the gesture, and got up with him. Everyone went crazy.

Baby I need you, girl you need me too

I glanced at G Dragon and Seungri, and they seemed to enjoy Jay's performance of fellow group member Taeyang's song, I Need A Girl.

I was too caught up in the moment to notice I had started dancing and singing along.

"Jaebeom, that seemed from the heart. And Wen, you can dance! It would fit since Jaebeom is known for his moves. Why don't you sing perform for us to!"

Uh oh, this was definitely scripted in.

"As much as I'd love to, I haven't come prepared" I gave a meek smile, hoping the host would let it slide.

"Why don't you sing my song heartbreaker, it would be cool" suggested G Dragon, looking like bliss on a stick.

I had heard his song Heartbreaker, and I did like it. I stood back up, "For you Jiyong" I said with a grin, taking my place in the middle of the stage.

Nado eodiseo kkullijin anheo
Ajik sseulmanhan geol jukji anhasseo

Everyone in a breath from surprise that I nailed the rap. When the end of the chorus came, they were shocked further by my dancing

Jigeutjigeutjigeutae ppigeutppigeutppigeutae

I took a deep bow, and went my seat. Before I could sit though, G Dragon gave me a standing ovation, clapping loudly.

"I hope you weren't singing that about me" joked Jay, getting a laugh from the audience.

"Wow! That was brilliant Wen! You even impressed G Dragon himself. Do you plan to ever become an artist yourself, alongside Jaebeom?"

Crap, the one thing I wasn't suppose to say anything about. I hadn't thought about this question.

"Well, I had never thought about that before coming to Korea. I just wanted to be with Jay." I slyly answered. Question = Dodged.

The host moved his questions over to Park Bom and Sandara Park, so I could catch my breath. The broadcast wrapped up withing fifteen minutes, and then we were cleared to leave the stage. Jay had struck up a conversation with Bom and Dara -and I didn't want to interupt- so I headed for my dressing room.

"Great job today Wen!" called Lee Joon and Mir, "You should be apart of J Tune with us"

I turned around to see their smiling faces,

"Thank you. I have to say, I love your debut song Oh Yeah. Rain has trained you well" I replied, busting out one of their signature moves from the video.

They both chuckled, "We have to be on our way, but it was cool to meet one of our fans".

"And you know, to meet Jaebeom's infamous lady" added Mir giving me a wink

"Bye you two" I waved as they walked off. They were such sweethearts, especially Mir. It was obvious that I was a English speaking native, so he had tried to speak it back. It was cute when he tried to say lady, but it came out with an 'R' like rady.

I took off the mic clipped on my back, and gave it to a technician. I made eye contact with G Dragon, which he noticed and came over to me.

"You are quite the performer Miss Graydon. You almost sang Heartbreaker better than myself."

I blushed, beyond flattered, "Thank you very much Jiyong. That means a lot coming from you especially"

"Would you ever consider doing some vocals for one of my songs, or even BIGBANG?" G Dragon took out a card with his information on it, "If so, call me. I would love to work with you. You show a lot of promise"

I took the card shyly, knowing that I'd be debuting soon anyways.

"Thank you, I'll definitely think about it."

"And Wen, I know what it's like to be in a relationship for the label. It always does help out ones image to have a charismatic partner. Jaebeom is lucky"

How do these Korean pop stars know everything? Was it that obiovus that we were souping up the romance, even though we were actually together?

"I-It's not what you think" I stuttered. That speech fault gave away that I was caught off guard, he definitely knew I was covering up something bigger.

"Well if you ever need someone to talk to..." Jiyong smoothly slipped me a note "...Here is my personal number. I must get going, great to meet you Wen"

He left with a flirtacious smile, and then blew me a kiss. Did he actually just do that? G Dragon? As in Kwon Jiyong, the highest earning Korean singer, leader of BIGBANG, composer/producer, and solo artist?  Yeah. He totally just did.

"Hey dear, you ready to leave?" asked Jay, hugging me from behind.

"Yes, I am ready for some destressing time" I replied, stil confused about what happened with Jiyong.

Jay and I were escorted out, and than chauffered back to JYP. We decided to spend sometime at the boys' dorm before I returned home.  I could tell that Jay sensed I was on edge about something, I doubt he knew it was about Kwon Jiyong though.

"What are you thinking about?" He tilted my chin up, to directly look at my face. My eyes always gave me away, it was one of my weaknesses.

"You really did perform beautifully, people weren't just saying it." assured Jay, my hair.

"Thank you. You performed splendidly also" I replied

Jay's hand moved slowly towards his neck, to do what seemed to be his usuall nervous neck rub.

"I actually asked the producers and JYP is you could come on to the show, not the other way around. I really wanted to sing you that song. I hope you arent angry with me."

I was surprised with the fact he went to that much trouble, just to sing for me.

"Of course I'm not angry with you. It was wonderful to watch you sing, and being on the show. Aside from the stripping of my real personality"

"So you are angry with me," Jay turned so our bodies were facing eachother and knitted his brows, "You hated being made over, and you did it just for me?..."

"Why does this all seem to revolve around you, and what you want. I wanted to do it, because I knew it was important to you." I snapped back, a little too harshly. "I have accepted that this is what life will now be like, being with you and a soon to be idol"

"No. You haven't! If you had, we wouldn't be arguing right now!" huffed Jay

"Who said this was an argument!" I retorted as I shoved away his hand. Well, I guess now it was at least a creative discussion...

By now, Jay was standing. I got up also, so we could finish this already.

"If you were weren't comfortable with what people want you to be -this y edgy siren- then why did you agree? You must've known what you were getting into. You can't take it ba-"

"Because I love you!" I screamed, cutting Jay off. I could feel the tears trailing down my cheeks out of anger and truth. "You're all I have since Bae killed himself, and that was years ago! Sorry If I wanted to make you happy!"

I panted like dog on a summer's day, trying to catch my breath. This made me realize I had no options, yet infinite ones. I had signed myself away to JYP, but ultimately if it came down to it, I could leave the company and Jay, returning to my old life with the offer from Kwon Jiyong. I only could choose the first situation though, because my feelings for Jay were something I could never shake.

Jay tried to take my hand, but I rejected it, being much too angry. I had moved from hysterical sadness, to raging madness.

"You'd think by now that stupid me would've figured out people don't take my feelings for them seriously. They just screw me over in the end,"

I pushed past Jay, throwing open the door and finding the other members of 2PM arriving home. Jay ran infront of me, wedging himself between me and my way out.

My adrenaline had burned out, so the hysterical sadness was creeping back.

"B-By...Goodbye Park Jaebeom. Sorry for ever believing that I could be enough for you. So come get me when I am."

I ran out of the building, my eyes refusing to stop crying. I brushed past 2PM in the hallway. I specifically recall Khun trying to grab me, but I didn't let him stop me. I thought about taking a cab, or the bus, by legs weren't responding. They kept running, down the street, through a park, and under a bridge. I was still wearing the dress from Strong Heart, so I must look like a runaway date with my shoes in hand and barefoot.

No one knew of this falling out, so the facade of us being together wasn't tarnished.

I collapsed on my bed when I eventually arrived. I fell asleep the moment my head hit the pillow, knowing that I wouldn't have nightmares, since they now were my reality.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jay's Perspective

Wen was just trying to tell me that she was becoming lost, reaching out for me to grab her, and not let go. I did though, shoving her out.

Maybe our problem was that we loved eachother too much, neither one of us having love left for ourselves.

"What did you do to Wen?" stuttered out Khun, the other members filing in, equally confused.

"We had a fight"

"Obviously. What about?" comment Taec plopping down on the couch.

"This" I took out my phone to show them a picture of Wen from the night

All the guys leaned in to see,

"Aish. She looks so -. Sorry. Not the time" said Taec, sitting back down

"It' not her though" commented Woououng

I nodded. Wooyoung got it immediately.

"I need to make it up to her. I have just hurt her even more. I was just trying to show her how much I care, but she won't believe me now..." I sighed

"She wouldn't have done anything if she didn't love you, you know that hyung. She'll come back. You just need to let her know that you want her too" Junsu said.

"So, you two are still together though?" asked Junho

Shaking my head, I solemnly replied, "I hope so...."

Making Wen understand how much I did really care about her became my priority. I wasn't going to lose her, not like this. Tomorrow I would do something; something that I know would make Wen believe how serious I am about her. I had actually been thinking about it for a while, but our fight tonight had pushed me over the edge, making this decision indefnite.