Beginning

For You

I thought that after ending it with Khun I would regret it. One week later and I still didn't. I guess the prosopagnosia had really put an end to my love life.

Today I would be flying to New York for fashion week. I was absolutely thrilled when I was invited to participate, showing off my latest creations. This could lead to big things for my career as a designer, maybe meaning it could be my full time career. I am on hiatus as eMpress, so the fans are wanting me to return more each day. Eventually, when I am ready.

I rolled my suitcase and carried my bag purposefully through the crowd of fans and reporters. This was my first time back in the public eye on business since the accident. Even with sunglasses, the flashes still left my eyes wonky.

Now on the plane, I pushed my bag into the upper compartment. The only thing I brought back to the seat was my sketchbook, anxious to get out some ideas. The worn leather strap that covered the edge bulged out, threatening to snap if I dared to look at the early entries. I didn't want to mess with that, especially here.

Sitting quietly by myself allowed my thoughts ooze out, even the ones I didn't want to see ever again.

Khun, why did I not feel anything when I let you go, or let you in for that matter. Was it really the brain damage, or had it been that way originally? One simply does not forget a love like that, I sure had the memories to prove it. That brings up the next query; if Khun wasn't the one I had been lovestruck over, who was? Who was the man I had shared all these memories with?

Maybe I was making it up, trying to justify the bitter break up. Regardless, this couldn't cover up how relieved I felt from it. We weren't working out anyways, he got too protective when I was with Jay. Jay looked so ha- Wait; is this a sign of romance detect in my thought? It was looking more and more likely that I had been cheating on Khun with Jay. This theory at least gave more answers than questions.

Jay Park, Park Jaebeom. My heart jittered and jumped at the thought of him; why?

I didn't have time for any more soul searching. I fell asleep before they even served refreshments.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jay's Perspective

A week, that is all I'm letting myself have to move on. I know that I easily could go into hiding again if I didn't have some discipline.

I decided to write one last letter to Wen, since she did love hand written things. One day she'd find it, maybe she'd be married by then, but either way she'd know the truth. Hidden away in her apartment the letter would stay until it was found. This was the last piece of evidence that I loved her as a girlfriend, seeing as when I return I will only be able to play the part of a best friend.

With my small back pack on I left for my place, gripping the letter Wen had mailed me.

This seemed all too familiar, mimicking the day I had left after the controversy. Both times I was leaving my love behind, but this one I was leaving behind my hope.

I knew it was over between us.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Sorry Miss, but your seatbelt"

I groggily nodded a yes and clipped it on as the plane shuddered again. I was one of the deepest sleepers, so if this jumpy ride made me wake up it must be bad. Glad no one was sitting in the seats around me, because my things were flying everywhere.

"Get back here you" I muttered, snatching a stray page dancing off the seat.

I the edge of the paper, wondering where it had come from. It was not drawn by me. The child like quality made me smile, but the writing on the back clearly was from a man. I whispered the last lines under my breath,

"Always, Jay"

This train of thought was stopped by another few drawings and photos, sliding off the little table and on to the floor. I reached out as far as I could, still feeling the roughness from the plane. Discretely I unclipped my seatbelt as I stretched for the final escaped letter. I cursed, my fingers grazing it before it contiued to tumble farther away.

It got stuck on the leg of a seat, a seat where someone was sitting. I hate being social on planes.

Being my paranoid and over-analytic self, I thought it would be best to wait and observe. If I came scampering down now, I'd seem too eager and crazy, not to mention the fact the stewartist would bite my face off for being out of my seat. After a few minutes, I mustered up a friendly face and got up from my seat. Of course my plan was ruined as the letter flew farther away, racing me down the aisle as if testing my speed.

I joked to myself quiety, beginning to approach the seat where the paper had settled

"This person hopefully is at least cute"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jay's Perspective

I folded and unfolded the little notes, letters, and drawings form Wen constantly. They were the last things that proved she had loved me like that.

The flight was very bumpy, which kept me awake. Suddenly, a jerk forward sent the drawing of us in the clearing flying off the little table. It flipped its way up the aisle, landing on the foot of a seat. I didn't like it when people touched my things, but since it was something Wen had given me, I was extra uptight about it.

Just as I was about to get up, I noticed a piece of paper sticking out from underneath my seat. I picked it up, but didn't look at it as I became distracted by a high heeled shoe sliding my drawing from its place.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"What do we have here" I muttered to myself

It was a drawing of a man and women, lying down in the grass looking at each other. The artist had done a great job at showing how much they loved eachother. This drawing had just fluttered towards me, like how my papers escaped me. Speaking of which, I should get my off the seat and grab it.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and slyly slid out from my seat. I clicked as quietly as I could towards the back of the plane, where the page had flitted of to. I was about three feet away from it, when my the heel of my shoe hooked on to the side of a seat. I tumbled down on to the floor, completely embarassed.

Cursing in my head a million foul words, I watched as a man got out of his seat and walk towards me. It was his seat where the page had gone, the page which he now was holding. He squatted down, so that we were eye to eye. He started to chuckled to himself, while shaking his head sadly

"Only you"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jay's Perspective

Of course it would be her. I should have known she would be here, since Wen did mention flying out to New York for a fashion thing.

"Trade me?" I said, offering out the paper. One look and I recognized it as the letter I'd written for our six month anniversary.

A small look of relief crossed her face, as she recognized my voice

"Oh, it's you Jay. This is yours I believe then"

I took the drawing back from her, secretly hoping something would click in her mind. As usual, nothing did.

I was about to head back to my seat, when I saw her expression change. Pain? Anger? Disbelief?

Either way, it was something I didn't want to watch but I coulodn't help but stare. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I rubbed the side of body where I had fallen. I'm sure a nice bruise would be there tomorrow.

Looking up, I thankfully recognized the voice and person as Jay, not some total strange-

A boat. He refused to help me back in but just laughed

The letter he handed back I read briefly. It was signed by Jay written to m-

I began to sob helplessly. If the ring and locket wasn't enough for our anniversary

My brain was on overload, triyng to sort out these shards of flashbacks. While I was still sitting in the middle of the aisle, Jay cleared away a piece of hair between my ey-

He whispered back at me, "thought I'd return the favour"

And then he nudged my glas-

With my glasses now hanging to the right side of my face, he smiled "Now you look like you Wen"

"Hello, Wen?"

Jay's voice me out of my thoughts and back into reality. I gave a nod and frantic look, which he took as a sign I was coherent finally. He extended his hand for me to ta-

The guy I had just met on the plane shook my hand, introducing himself as Jay Park

Again with another memory, I sat on the ground dumbfounded. He tried again to get me up, this time waving his hand for me to grab. I reached out mine, but then froze  

The ring glistened in the sun coming through the trees as I lay in my spot in the cleairng, our spot 

Jay rolled his eyes, and playfully teased me. He then put out both his hands and whispered

"I'm not just standing here for nothing; they're for you"

The tattoo of the words climbed up the side of Jay's body as I admired his physique in bed. The locket pressed against my chest, making the skin cold as he passionately kissed me. He whispered a tear filled goodbye at the dorm promising he would come back fo-

I gasped out the words,

"For me"

It was him; Jay.

Before I could give any explanation, I hoisted myself up quickly by his still outstretched hand and crashed my mouth on to his.

I broke away and latched my hands in his hair, rubbing it between my fingers.

"Y-you. The locket, T-the s-song" I paused to gulp down the huge knot in my throat, "The ring"

Jay's eye's didn't light up, they absolutely exploded. Tears began to streak down his face as he tried to wipe mine away.

"Y-you're b-back"

I began to press my lips together hard, trying to supress another round of tears. Everything had fallen back into place, after crumbling to ruins.

"I'm so sorry I didn't remember sooner. I thought Khun was... I broke up with him, the night of my birthday after you left"

Jay winced, "Better late then never. I thought you'd never be with me again"

I brought him to my seat, and had him sit beside me. I wanted to confirm all the things I had remembered, but I still couldn't stop crying at the fact I had been with the wrong person. Jay defended the fact that I didn't know any better, but I still felt the guilt for being with Khun.

"You know that I never stopped worrying about you" whispered Jay, back my hair

I nodded in ackowledgement, before sharing one of my confessions

"On the night of the accident I was leaving for America, right after saying goobye to Khun. I was leaving the company"

"So you weren't ever going to try and k-kill youself, again?" stuttered Jay

"No, I never was. Now that I have everything sorted out, I think I'll be sticking around at JYP" I assured, squeezing Jay's hand

Jay's face softened, "I kept our promise, I finished our song"

I smiled, thinking of the night of my birthday. It made me mad that I hadn't snapped out of it and recognized the song, my feelings. Now that I had Jay back, I couldn't hide my happiness. I planted a light peck on his lips, before snuggling into his chest.

"For me?" I whispered, looking up through my eyelashes

With a loving smile and a gentle hold, Jay gave me the answer I'd always wanted to hear

"No Wen; for us"