Empty

For You

Jay's Perspective

The whole day, I had to stop myself from breaking down into tears. I had worked so hard, and gone through so much to get where I am, and now it's being thrown away. This controversy really left me no choice, thinking I was just going to go on hiatus but it escalated to me leaving the group. I had to stay strong though; I was still the leader of 2PM, at least until tomorrow. I did need to go home though; see my family, and reflect on what I want to do with my life. Maybe one day, I'll be back, hopefully a better person. Together, the seven of us had all agreed that this was the only way. Sacrifice is just apart of life, and love.

Even though I was a poor leader for my fellow bandmates, I know I wil stay a great person for my friends.

I tip toed into my bedroom, seeing Wen very much awake still.

"Wen, you really should go to bed" I said, sitting underneath the covers beside her

"I'm not going to be falling asleep when you're leaving in 12 hours." she layed her head on my shoulder, "Who knows when we'll see each other again"

I pushed away the hair on her face, "Don't think like that. I know we'll see eachother; we've been able to for over half a year"

"I'm not suppose to have a lot of contact with you, if at all any. Plus, we are 'broken up'" she said

"Like I said; we've made this work for over half a year. I have hope that it will stay that way" I assured

She fell silent against me, her mind some where else.

"Remember when you came to the dorm for the first time" I twirled a piece of her hair around my finger, "You showed me up at my own game"

She let out a small laugh, "And how did you feel about that"

"Threatened, and oddly attracted to you" I admitted

I felt her face twist against my chest, most likely in a satisfied smirk.

"My turn" said Wen, moving to face me on the bed, "Remember when I tackled you down on the airplane?"

The only thing I could do was smile at this memory, "How could I forget. You are 100 pounds of pure crazy, but I was able to manage back then when I hadn't unleashed it"

Wen rolled her eyes, and stuck out her tongue like a little kid. I could imagine the day when she had  daughter, and when she would pull that face on her.

We swapped our stories back and forth, laughing and crying the whole time.

"Remember that time I gave you one of my favourite drawings" stated Wen

"Ye- No. I don't" I admitted, trying to remember when that ever happened.

Her lips curled back to reveal her smile, which she hadn't shown in a while. She leaned in as if to give me a kiss, but jerked away and whipped out a rolled up piece of paper. I quickly unrolled it, to see what this drawing was of.

Wen and I were laying on our backs, holding hands. I could tell this was meant to be in the cleairng, at the university. There was sometihng so whimsical about the drawing. Whether it was the way her hair folded on the grass, or how her ankles crossed with mine, I couldn't quite say.

"When did you draw this?" I asked, looking closely at the facial features

"That day; when we officially announce the press we were together, and had to runaway from the mob" she clarified, pumping her arms like a runner would.

I squeezed her tightly, "It's perfect. You really should stop being so much better than me at everything; first breaking, now drawing."

She shook her head, knowing that I was a horrible drawer. I had given her a little sketch I had done once, but it was nothing compared to her abilities.

"I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself" she handed me her sketchbook and pencil, "Go for it; I'll even do a nice pose"

I accepted her challenge, trying not to get distracted my her goofy facial expression. Wen always said her "aegyo kills babies' (those are her exact words) but I thought it was really good.

"Done!" I proclaimed, proudly holding up my masterpiece. I saw her face scrunch up, so I began to defend myself "Let me explain! Don't make fun, okay?"

I first pointed to us in the middle,

"This is me, and this is you. I tried to give you good hair and clothes, but that didn't work. That's why I made myself shirtless, less work to draw. I had to draw all my y tatooes though, so I guess it was just as much work actually"

She gave me a poke in the cheek for thTat, as I went on explaining

"This is my dog Peatry, and the rest of my family all around us"

"So, is this our makeshift family portrait?" she mused

"Wait, one more thing" I added two small figures to my messy drawing, "Now we have kids"

Wen didn't comment on this, just giving me a shy twitched of .

Did I just totally creep her out, being too pushy? Hell, if she hadn't left screaming form this relationship. I don't know why sohuld would now. She has walked in on me using the bathroom and had me throw up on her before; so I don't think I was being anymore psycho than we usually are towards eachother.

"What would we name our kids then?" she whispered, making me unsure what she was thinking.

"I don't know; I'll let you decide" I layed my hands on her shoulder, forcing her to look me straight on.She stil tried to avoid my look, even though we were only centimeters away.

"Wen, what did I do?" If she still didn't tell me the truth, I knew her eyes would.

I heard her swallow loudly,

"Do you really think we'll make it that far Jay, do you actually want us to?" she asked innocently

Up until now, I honestly hadn't thought that far in the future. I definitely didn't want to lose her, but did we have a relationship that could become marriage? Children was another thing I was unsure about, and I didn't know where Wen stood on that issue either. Both of us were still extremely young, being well under thirty. Sure, people at our age did get married, but we were celebrities. At least we already fought like a married couple.

"It gives me something to look forward to" I replied quietly

She seemed to become very nervous and jumpy, retracting slightly when I tried to touch her. It reminded me of when we first met.

"I'm not ready to think like that, I'm just past twenty. Honestly, the future scares the hell out of me." she confessed

I took her hand softly in mine, feeling it jitter. "Well, you scare the hell out of me but I have all the trust in the world in you. As for the future, hope for the best prepare for the worst"

"You know Jay, sometimes you actually say some pretty brilliant points" said Wen

"Thanks, I think" I chuckled softly, bringing Wen in to lay on my chest.

Wen stayed awake surprisingly, continuing on our conversations. I could tell that she was beginning to fade though, going into her usual loopy nonsense state.

"Wow, what you said- so deep man, so deep" she mumbled, rolliing around and beginning to drool. This Wen, was probably the funniest Wen. I never could tell if she was talking in her sleep, or actually still awake. Maybe she just went in between the two, that kind of made sense.

I could tell when she was legitiamtely was asleep, because thats when the snoring started. I wouldn't dare tel her what she was like when she was exhausted, I'd probably get beaten outside the head. It wasn't like a loud obnoxious snore, more like a whistle meets a cellhpone on vibrate. In my opinion, it was kind of cute.

These small imperfections, would be gone though. She would be here in Seoul and I would be half way around the world in Seattle.

I layed there with Wen, appreciating these little things for a final time.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Wake up, come on Wen," called -more so slurred- Taec, shaking me violently. Well I think it was Taec.

"I'm here, I'm up" I grumbled, rubbing my eyes and face.

"Jay's getting ready to leave, so be quick" Taec threw the covers off of me, instantly making me grab them back form the chill. Also, because I wasn't wearing anything. Now four out of seven have seen me ; great. At least they were all the older members, and not the youngest.

"Oops, uhm... Sorry Wen" sheepishly said Taec leaving the room quickly while covering his eyes. It was obvious he wasn't trying 100% to not look though, if you catch my drift.

Hastily, I washed my face and got somewhat ready. I eyed the clock, and saw I only had a minute or two left to get dressed. These guys should know by now to wake me up earlier.

Sliding down the hall, I saw all the members standing around Jay at the door. It seemed they all had said goodbye, with Khun being the last of the bunch.

"Bye Jay. Know that we'll miss you, always." croaked Khun, extremely upset. All of the were back tears.

Jay hugged him, whispering back "Bye Khun. I'll be better, I'll make you proud"

I was caught up in the moment, beginning to feel the weight of the situation even more. The members eyed me, probably waiting for me to say my goodbye. I had worked on this litle speech last night before Jay came to bed, so I wouldn't mess it up.

"I-I....."

But no words came out. Only whimpers, and the occasional sniffle.

I wasn't sure what to say, because I wasn't sure how to feel. I just knew that after this moment, our future was up in the air. I wasn't going to let him slip away, not like this.

Kissing him with all I had, I felt rivers pouring out of my eyes. His lips were urgent, moving quickly and strongly. Both of us knew this could be the last time.

We broke away, nippng back and forth at each others mouth not wanting it to end.

"Here" Jay handed me a large box. It was quite heavy so I had to set it down "All your stuff that you've left here"

I opened up the flaps, and smiled sadly at the top item.

"I want you to have this" I said, handing over my Pokemon shirt to him. He accepted it gratefully, giving me a squeeze of the hand.

Now came the moment, that I had been trying to approach yet avoid this whole time.

"I also think you should have this. I don't think I deserve you, after all I've done. I don't want you to worry" I stammered

I removed the chain from my neck with shakey hands, folding my fingers around it before giving it to Jay. He just stood there, completely dumfounded.

He agressively pushed my hand away, suddenly breaking through the haze of emotions

"No, don't say that jagiya. We deserve each other, beecause of all the things we've done. Look at how hard we've fought to get to here."

Jay removed the ring from the necklace, and then continued his attempt to calm me down since I was hysterical. I bet I looked absoulutely pitiful to the other guys.

"One day, I'll come back for you. If its as short as three weeks I'm gone, or as long as three years, I'll be back."

With that promise, Jay slipped the ring onto my shaking fragile hand. I shook my hand in understanding.

"Stay safe, and don't get lost" I cried, wiping the hair off his forehead. It was slick with sweat and tears, probably mostly mine.

"For you Wen" he breathed

I shook my head, "No, for us"

He held me against his body, whispering into the crook of my neck

"See you soon Wen"

I again was speechless. I couldn't say his words back, because a part of me knew they werent true.

Biting my lip while it quivered rapidly, I could only mumble out one thing

"I love you Jay"

Then we shared one final small kiss, and that was all.

Prying my own hand off of his, I let him leave. I couldn't bear to look him in the eye, because I knew if I did I'd follow him on to that plane, all the way to his front step.

I flashed back to the day we'd met, watching him leave the plane, wondering if we'd ever meet again.

I'll never be the same if we do this time.