Watching

For You

5 am came way too quickly. I was groggy, and could barely remember why I was up in the first place. I turned my body to come face to face with Jay. He was such a heavy sleeper, so I knew getting up to go and paint would be fine. I grabbed my notepad and a pen, to leave a note,

Jay,


Have a wonderful day, I have gone to paint and  will be leaving by 10. Im just going to bus back, so tou dont have to drive me. Don't worry, I know I'll see you soon.

Always,
Wen


Ps. I can't find my Pokemon shirt in your room.

I added a doodle of Charmander and Umbreon for emphasis of how much I was fond of that top -I wasn't letting him keep it.

Crawling out from under Jay's arm, I realized I had no clothing to wear back. Aha! The stuff from the beach was still sitting in the living room, my wrap cardigan and shirt would be there. I decided to make a run for it, dash in and grab it and come back. I wrapped a sheet around my body, so that I wasn't wandering around stark . I honestly didn't know what was clean or dirty in Jays room. I also didn't want another incident like last night, getting caught wearing his clothing by fans and reporters.

I stuck my head out of the door, making sure the coast was clear. All the other doors were still shut, and the lights were off, so that was reassuring.

I did little hops and skips so the floor wouldn't creak and squeal. This technique seemed to work well, considering I had passed Khun and Taec's room, and was approaching Junsu and Chansung's.

"!" I swore, as my foot got caught in the sheet.
I hit the ground with a crash, the sheet barely covering me where I landed. 

"Who's there?" mumbled Junsu, half asleep still. He had popped out of his room, armed with his pillow, reading to smack down whoever was there. He dropped his half open eyes to me, fallen on the floor, but they immediately opened all the way because of ness.

I tried to maneuver myself cleverly, so I didn't accidentally give Junsu a full on view and blind him so early in the morning. I rolled around on the ground, gathering the sheet with me before standing up. I coughed awkwardly, and just gave Junsu a weak grimace. He felt equally as uncomfortable, and gave me a pat on the shoulder, heading back to bed. At least it was Junsu, instead of possibly Taec who would've probably ripped the entire sheet away and wake everyone else up to see. Or Wooyoung, who would've just been scarred for life.
Finally I had competed the mission, spotting my clothing on the table. I seized it with triumph, finally being able to cover up decently. Quickly I scampered back to Jays room and got ready.

When I arrived in the room to be painted, I was pleasantly surprised to see what our shenanigans resulted to. All the splatters and smears looked intentional almost, along with the void on the far wall of Khun's body. The paint was dry, so I could start working some magic.

I envisioned doing simplistic black line paintings of each member, about half the size of the wall. Today i was just doing the basics, and would worry about detail another day. Depending on what it turned out like, I was also thinking about putting their signature logo of 2PM on the ground. To prevent any curious eyes before the grand reveal in a few days, I put a sign on the door

DO NOT ENTER OR FEEL MY WRATH. TOP SECRET! -WEN

Hauling a ladder to a wall, I got to work starting with Chansung's face. I never did like to draw anything before hand, it always made me over think and ruin the piece.

Listening to club remixes got me in he zone, as I began the fourth face's basic features: Jay. It was close to 10 already, so I only had to pack up soon. I was already about 25% done the entire room, so that was encouraging. I wiped the sweat off my brow and turned to leave, but was greeted my Jay to my surprise.

"I had to come and say goodbye" Jay hugged me, "I don't know when we'll be able to see each other again, like this anyways" He gently took my face in his hands and pecked me on the cheek.

I had to accept that truth, he was the leader of a group that was known throughout Korea, and internationally. I was a no name girl, who just painteed pictures and sewed clothing. We didn't belong together, not to the public's expectations of us at least. To me, and Jay, we were perfect for eachother though.

"I appreciate it." I kissed him back, but right on his lips.

"You are outdoing yourself, this looks great so far!" complimented Jay, walking up closer for a better look at my craftsmanship.

He inspected Chan, Khun, and Junho who I had finished the basics for. He stopped at himself in the middle, and then turned to me

"It's missing sometthing" Jay stated, taking my hand and the brush in it with him to his protrait. 

"Hey! Don't you go adding a moustache or something to Khun! I've worked really hard" I whined, jumping around his body trying to grab the brush back.

"I woulld never do that, only if it was the real Nichkhun" laughed Jay, "Trust me"

He dipped the brush in some red, and painted the side of his hand, that was curled like a wonky 'C'. I didn't know what he was doing, so I was just along for the ride.

He then dipped the brush in some blue, and put some on my hand.

Gripping my left arm, he stamped it on the wall with his right hand. The paint left a print of our hands, and together the two shapes formed a heart. I blushed instantly, I was so touched. Half blue, and half red. Two opposites, but working together to form something of love. Brilliant.

Jay broke the silence I had created out of awe, "There, perfect"

"You do know that will stay on permanantly, for a very long time" I said

"You do know that I will love you permanantly, for a very long time" whispered Jay into my ear.

That was smooth, real smooth. It deserved some acknowledgement other than me giggling like a school girl

"It makes he happy to here you say that" , Giving him a kiss and a tight hug, "But I must be going, I have class at noon"

"Guess I have to let you go than. See you soon" said Jay, flashing a smile

"Yes, see you soon" I said, watching him leave the room.

It had taken me years, but I had let someone into my world, and I entered theirs. I know I wouldn't have the picture perfect relationship, but as long as I had him then it would be just grand.

I left the JYP building and took the bus back to campus. I saw that there was a crowd around the entrance to my residence, maybe someone had started a protest against the Wednesday Night Partiers.

"Hey Mitsy... uhm, What's going on?" I asked, eyeing the people, and realizing that a few were actually interviewers with high-tech camera men.

"You! That's what's going on!" she squealed, tapping one of the reporters on the shoulder

"What the f-" I stammered but was cut off by the reporter, a very legitimate reporter.

"Just now, the new girlfriend of Park Jaebeom, the leader of sensational boyband 2PM, has arrived! Last night she was spotted wearing her boyfriends shirt, in the JYP building! A source tells us she saw the picture online, and recognized her as this young lady here, Wen Graydon. So Wen, can you confrim that you and Mr. Park are together?"

I couldnt find my words, they were drowned out by my anger and embarassment. I scowled at the camera, and than put on an obviously fake smile, mockingly replying,

"No comment" It worked in movies. Well, for about one minute and than they beat down Rachel McAdams door... Nice one Wen.

I shoved past them all like I had done last night, I didn't care if I appeared rude. I wanted out, to be in the privacy of my room.

I slammed the door, hearing the crew of people following me. I dead bolted my door, just in case. I could still make out what the women was saying. even though it was in very fast Korean.

"You saw it here! Kpop Goss has gotten the first glimpse of Jaebeom's new gal! Will their love burn bright, or burn out? Stay tuned for an interview with Miss Mitsuru Yagami, she'll be giving us the details on Wen Graydon!"

Mitsy! It's the cute ones you have to watch out for! I was being sold out to the press! I can't believe this, do people jump at any opportunity for a story? What if I was just Jay's sister, visiting him from Seattle, not his girlfriend? But I was his girlfriend, very much so.

I still had to go to class, so I jumped into the shower and put on some clothes. Unfortunately the TV crew was still there, I could here them, probably moved to the lounge.

I put on a denim jacket, slim khakis, gray shirt, and red heels. To be safe in case they tried to get more shots of me, I wrapped a matching red scarf around my face, and sunglasses. My hair wasn't doing me any favours, so I felt the need to put it up. My 'A+/ MBLAQ' hair tattoo was still prominent, making my ponytail acceptable. Counting to three, I forced myself to go back outside of my room.

At first, it was clear, but I spoke too soon. The women from 'Kpop Goss' sprinted over, shoving herself beside me along with the camera that was already there.

"Tell us Wen, is it true that Jaebeom and you are becoming a unit? With an upcoming single? Oh, I notice your hair! Are you inspired by MBLAQ? Who is your favourite?"

I searched for a gap I could tumble through, but there wasnt one -Dammit. I thought I'd give her something to tell her viewers, maybe she'd leave me alone then.

"Lee Joon is my favourite, Mir and Cheongdoong are close though. I have a class half way across campus in twenty minutes, goodbye!" I answered as cooly as possible, without lashing out and punching someone. 

"Wow! Does Wen have the hots for Lee Joon too now? the visual, dancer, and singer of rookie group MBLAQ created by first generation Rain? Maybe next week we can see what Lee Joon himself has to say!"

I wanted to vomit as I stormed out of the building because it absolutely disgusting how that women twisted my words. One simple thing, and she exaggerated it by ten and added some high-school drama. This gave her a story, everytime. It clearly was her thing. I texted Jay as I marched across the grass, my heels sinking in from how hard I was stomping.

We have a problem, look at Kpop Goss.

I cheered as I entered the lecture hall, no reporters here! I sat down in my spot and removed my scarf and sunglasses, ready to get back to my life. Halfway through the class, my phone blinked to life: it was Jay.

Call me. Now.

That was bad timing, considering this class had about a hundred other students in it. I slyly replied back,

In lecture, talk to you after

Apparently after meant right now. Jay called, I rejected it. He called again, and I rejected it again. The third time, I was getting unwanted attention so I just answered the stupid thing.

He was actually using video, so I could see how stressed he was. It appeared he was in a car, I could see Taec and Khun waving from the back seat. Jay shushed them,

"I'm sorry Wen. I didn't think they'd find you like this, not this fast! You need to lay low" ordered Jay, talking so loudly I had to hold the phone a full arms length away. A handful of students started giving me death glares, that screamed 'Shut up, we're trying to listen"

I gave an apologetic smile, before replying

"I know, I know, can we talk later I'm in lect-"

My proffessor Miss Kim strutted over, and snatched my phone away.

"If this is so much more important than my class, than why don't you enlighten us with it. What do we- Oh my goodness, it's 2PM! Anyoung Jaebeom"

Mother of pearl. Even this teacher was a 2PM fan.

"It's true! She is Park Jaebeom's girlfriend!" shrieked a girl sitting in the adjacent row.

I heard a guy whistle, than he stood up to announce that he'd tap that. I hoped he was referring to Jay, but I knew it was me.

I took these peoples outbursts as an opportunity to snatch my phoneback, ending the call

"Sorry, it won't happen again" I mumbled, slupming down and burrowing my head on the desk. I wish I was invisiblle like I used to be. Ignorant to my own feelings, and everyone elses.

I could feel everyones eyes burning me, with anger, jealousy, maybe even some lust like that guy from earlier.

When the lecture ended, I bolted out like my life depended it on, which it potentially did due to crazy fan girls.

I followed one of the trails for walked or biking, but I took a detour and wandered into an unmarked section. It was gorgeous outside during late afternoon; the sun's rays slanted in a perfect way over top of the plants and trees. I needed this escape, especially now. I layed on my back on a patch of grass, and watched the clouds. My mind wandered to the things I had runaway from during the day; Jay, school, long term plans, Bae... I had forced myself to move on, I knew it was the right thing to do. I refused to forget about Bae though, he taught me so much about myself. When he died, that taught me even more. I became souly myself, not letting anyone influence me or become close with me. I was finally free. Now I could feel myself being reverted to someone who had to put on a happy face for the public all the time, not being real. I was determined not to get lost, or let Jay either.

The night was creeping up, it was my cue to go to my room. Luckily the crowd had completely disappeared. There were students exchanging looks though as I walked by.

I took out my phone, and called Jay back. He picked up half-way through the first ring

"Wen! Are you ok? Did anyone else try to talk with you?"

"I'm fine. I disappeared for a bit and cleared my mind, and then went back here. No, no one has. "

"Good" Jay turned serious before continuing on, "We need to talk about what we will say to the press, when they come asking to both of us. I'm sure you'll be the thing they want to know about from me, and I have an appearamce tomorrow. How about a close child hood friend, a cousin basically. We were neighbours, and became best of friends and are reconnecting now, as you came from Seattle to study." suggested Jay

"Sounds better than anything I could come up with" I agreed

"Ok. Then it's settled. I have to go, 2PM is on in 15. Love you" Jay gave me a small smile

"Bye, love you too" I replied, not able to muster up a smile after today's events.

I heard the blaring crowd for a moment, before Jay hung up.

I didn't bother drawing before bed, I didn't need that to know what I was thinking;

What the hell had I gotten myself into?

- - - - - - - - - - -

Jay's Perspective

Already I was hurting Wen, wasn't I? I dragged her into this world of fame, not even considering the ramifications. I was selfish, expecting her to love me back. I didn't give her a choice.

I knew that heart on the wall would last, I hoped so did Wen's love for me.

"We have to go on Jay" called Taec, taking his place in the stage wing.

He was right, I had to go. Back to life, back to a life that I had forced upon Wen. I sincerely hoped she'd forgive me for that, I didn't want to lose her in anyway.