Epilogue: Freedom

For You

This week marked the end of my eight years with JYP Entertainment. Originally I had signed on for half that, but I had gained a liking for being an idol. Now my clothing line is in full effect, being internationally sold. Finally, my goal that I had brought with me all that time ago has been accomplished.

"We're going to be late!" I tugged on Jay's hand repeatedly, "For a thirty year old, you sure are slow"

"Don't blame me, blame my parents. My mom was the one who wanted to take us out for dinner" excused Jay, prying his eyes off an airport hat store finally

"You're lucky that after nine years of dating in used to your antics" I teased, handing the airport staff member our boarding passes

I was ready for some time to rest on the flight. After spending a week in Seattle visiting Jay's family and friends, I was exhausted.

"I really do like your new tattoo, even though its not so new anymore" Jay pointed to the word "fighting" written in cursive on my shoulder, "but Its not my favourite"

Slyly he danced his fingers up the side of my shirt, swirling around the "For You". I had it redone as soon as the skin had healed completely, which was probably six years ago.

"Yah! Not the time Jay" I scolded, slapping his hand away as the flight attendent came down the aisle. 

"Can't I express my liking for my girlfriend?" playfully pouted Jay, widening his eyes

I sighed and rolled my eyes, "Of course"

I nipped him on the lips with kiss before he took my hands in his. With his head in top of mine, we fell asleep on the flight back to Korea.

I was woken up usually by food, but this time it was the lack of warmth coming from Jay's body. I looked around, wondering where he had gone off to. Most people were sleeping, so I don't know what there could be to do at the time.

"Attention passengers, this is your captain speaking. Would Miss Guinevere Graydon please proceed to the back of the cabin. Thank you. "

Being called out on a flight was never a good thing. Did they think I was packing some type of illegal drug or weapon? I know I had nothing of the sort, but I still was freaking out as if they'd find something.

"Yes, I'm Wen" I introduced, peering my head into flight attendants quarters.

The speakers came on again,

"Would Miss Guinevere -Wen- Park please proceed to the rear cabin"

Someone else had announced it that time. Hope it wasn't some type of international security about to lock me up.

"Uhm, Hello?" I muttered, seeing no one back there. I doubt there was another Guinevere on the plan, especially one that went by Wen. I guess the last name had been a mistake, seeing as Jay had payed for my ticket.

"Would Miss Guinevere Park ple-"

I was annoyed, yelling back "I am already here"

Suddenly, a curtain whipped back as someone backed out from behind. I was instantly embarrassed that someone had been there all along.  I began to apologize for raising my voice, but then I realized it was Jay, microphone in hand. I rolled my eyes and gave him trouble for using the speaker to make announcements. If he got us kicked off, I was going to severely punish that man.

"Why do you keep calling me back here" I hissed, seeing a passenger coming towards the back lavatory. I gave him a slap on the arm for effect. 

"No I'm not, I'm calling Guinevere Park"

I mentally was punching him in the face for using my full name again,

"Really Jay, I'm pretty sure I figured out your little ga-"

"Your last name isnt Park" he mused, giving me s smug look

"Obviously not silly, so stop fo-"

"Well not yet"

I was taken back by his sudden serious tone in this half playful banter.

Dropping my pointed accusatory finger, I stuttered back "Wh-what?"

I watched in shock as Jay took my left hand, and knelt on one knee. With the other he brought out a stunning silver band with two stones set side by side.

"Guinevere Jada Graydon, will you marry me?"

I looked directly at Jay's face, and couldn't hold back my tears. We had met on a flight to Korea, we had reunited on a flight from Korea, and now he was proposing on one. Through my lips that refused to stop smiling I manage to give him an answer

"Yes"

His nervous expression immediately vanished as he slipped the ring on to finger that had his mothers engagement ring on it. He gripped my face in my hands and kissed me. This was followed by loud cheers from those awake on the flight; he did know how to surprise a woman.

"Now you can be Wen Park" Jay tipped my glasses off centre like always ,"Unless you want to keep your last name"

I shook my head, still grinning ear to ear, "No, Wen Park is just perfect"

"I like to be a little traditional so I asked permission from a dozen people before I asked you right now" admitted Jay, still holding me in the back of the cabin. I guess the staff had been in on it, considering we hadn't gotten a beating

"Who was there to ask?" I genuinely questioned, since I had no relatives

Jay began to count on his fingers,

"Jiyong, Mir, Joon, Xiaxue..."

"Thats four, not 12 you goof" I joked, kissing him on the cheek

"Let a man finish" Jay resumed his listing, "Chansung, Junsu, Wooyoung, Junho, Taec, and Khun"

My mouth fell open. He hasn't spoken to them since he left the group, and that was almost a decade ago.

"Y-you did?" I whispered in awe

He winced, "It was about time I thanked them for taking care of you when I couldn't. Wooyoung actually thought I was calling because we were having a baby"

"We aren't, trust me" I laughed, thinking of how Wooyoung wanted a kid to play with already.

I couldn't help but wonder what the others had said, specifically one member.

"What did the rest s-"

"Khun was the most supportive out of them all. He said that he knows you will be the happiest if we get married finally"

Way to read my thoughts Jay. Still, I felt guilt thinking of Khun and I's history. Thankfully he was happily dating Xiaxue, after months of convincing him he stood a chance with her. Sometimes those two fought over the silliest smallest things, but in the end they were there for each other.

"Do you want a modern or traditional wedding, and what do you think about Hokkaido?"

I chuckled at Jay's enthusiasm, "Let's get home first, and back to work. Then we will talk wedding plans"

"Speaking of home" he began to rustle around in his pocket, before getting out a key "We now are the proud owners of a high tech, state of the art apartment in Bucheon"

I began to stutter out random sounds and words, unsure what to say

"You're a free women now,  not to mention my fiancée. May as well start living together permanently. It's better than having you stuff all your things in my closet and living room"

I pushed Jay at the last part, knowing it was true. What's his is mine, and vice versa.

Lowering his voice, he added, "It even has an extra bathroom and bedroom for when we ha-"

"I thought we just established that we'd get married before anything else" I retorted, clicking my tongue at him for not listening

"Well, I was going to say when we have people over, but you want kids? Great, so do I" cooed Jay, proud of himself for being so clever

I started to laugh thinking of Jay being around kids. When MBLAQ was filming Hello Baby, I had dropped by and met the kids. I got to know the parents during the broadcasts, especially since I able to easily converse with them all whether in Korean, French, or English. Sometimes when the appas were busy, they brought the kids to my apartment for some time to visit. Jay happened to be there once, and from then on I could never look at him the same.

"What's on our to do list when we arrive?" I asked

"I've planned a ittle something for us" Jay smirked knowingly

"Not going to tell me, are you" I huffed, hating being out of the loop

He just laughed, "Some things never do change jagiya"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N

And there you have it; the happily ever after. Hope you liked my fic, it was a blast to write. Now I don't know what to do with myself xD Ask me any questions about the story, and be sure to comment :3 Thanks for sticking it out with me; fighting! 

Random thing; Prosopagnosia, the difficulty of recognizing faces, is a legitimate disease that is often caused by blunt force trauma and old age.