Officially

For You

"If you were to join the company, I would give you a four year contract. As for you debut, you are already trained as a singer and dancer, can speak Korean and English, and have experienced what it is like to be in the public eye. So it would be within the next two months that we would release your first single as a solo artist. For schooling, you are free to finish the semester at the university, but than you would live here along with the other artists. You are a valuable find Miss Graydon, do you accept my offer?"

Mr. Park had just given me hours worth of information to sift through, but only a minute to make a decision. How many people got this opportunity, I should be grateful and take it. On the other hand, I would have to drop my dream of designing my own line for international distribution. I had worked so hard to get where I am, and throwing all that away would hurt so bad. Letting to go of this opportunity and possibly Jay would hurt just as much though. When Jay walked into my life, he became the thing I treasure most. He was priority.

"This is your decision?" confirmed JYP

"Yes, and it is final." I replied, no regret in my voice.

He gave me a nod and opened the studio door for my exit. Stepping into the hallway I found Wooyoung, Khun, Taec and Jay parked outside the room. Had they been there the entire time? Odds are they probably organized this entire thing, those sneaky troublemakers.

I worked up a steady tone, before announcing

"I am going to be apart of JYP"

I didn't know what my face was doing, because I had no idea how to react. I still was in awe that this was even happening right now.

"Daebak! Congratulations noona!" Wooyoung practically threw himself on me, giving me a hug.

"Look's like we'll be seeing lots of eachother after all" said Taec, ruffling my hair playfully.

"Proud of you Wen" congratulated Khun, giving me a light hug, and a kiss on the cheek. My face was flaming pink, and it didn't help that Jay was there.

"Thank you, all of you. I definitely didn't predict any of this happening."

I had thought Jay would have been the first to say something, but he wasnt even the last; he didn't say anything. He got up, and walked hurriedly down the hallway and into the room I had finished painting.

They guys all exchanged worried looks, unsure what to do.

I had a experience with this kind of behaviour, but I was usually the irrational one storming off.

"I'll take care of him" I assured the three of them as I rushed after Jay.

Jay was sitting on the ground, holding his head in his hands. I had never seen him like this. I closed the door tightly behind me, and sat beside him. I doubt he would talk, so I made the first move

"It isnt set in stone yet, I haven't signed a thing. I'm sorry I upset you Jay." I placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, and rubbed his arm, hoping he'd at least look at me so I could get an idea of what he as feeling.

"I don't want to lose you" whispered Jay, picking his head up and staring at the adjacent wall.

"You could never lose me. And if I did get lost, I'd just find my way back to you" I replied, wrapping my hands around his.

"I don't want you doing this just for me, I would feel awful if that was why you agreed. Did I pressure you into joining the company?" Jay looked at me, with large eyes.

"I said yes because everything I wanted didn't compare to my want for us to stay together. Joining the company isn't for me, or you; but us." I began tracing our heart on the wall absentmindedly. "You asked me two weeks ago on the beach, if I would ever sacrifice anything for someone I love, and I have."

Jay held me as we sat on the ground, then he spoke again,

"I really am proud of you. I trained for four years before debuting, and you have done it on your own without help. You really are brilliant"

"I love you Jay" I breathed out, nestling my head on his shoulder.

Eventually we left the room, seeing as Jay had a rehearsal and I had papers to sign with Park Jin-young.
I sat in JYP's office on the top floor, listening to all the details of being under the label. I abided by the rules he laid out on a regular basis, so that was no issue. The thing I was most concerned about was what my stage name would be, I had gained some not so desirable nicknames back in high school. At the end, I signed 3 papers, and filled out one page with all my information; that was it. I officially was under JYP entertainment.

"Now, seeing as you are appearing on Strong Heart tomorrow, I would like that you do not mention your contract yet. I would like you though to announce you and Jaebeom as a couple"

I almost fell of my chair from the last sentence. How'd he know? Just play it cool, don't react.

"I know you two are just friends, I've seen the websites, but this will adjust the public to you even more as an 'idol like' figure. This will help us decide what image you will give off as an artist, depending on what the public has to say about you. This also may open up the door for you even more,  because if the reaction to you and Jaebeom is good a unit could be made for a future song of yours."

"Yes sir,  I understand"  I swallowed the lump in my throat; false alarm.

This wrapped up the meeting, so I was free to leave, aka. go find Jay tell him the news.

I went back down to the studio, and sure enough he had just finished with 2PM. The rest of the members congratulated me, before I pulled Jay aside. I told him what JYP had instructed me to do tomorrow on Strong Heart, and well for the rest of my career as a singer here.

"So Jin-young wants us to pretend like we are a couple for the public, but we are actually together coincidentally which he doesn't know?"  Jay scratched his head, trying to figure things out

"You are correct my dear" I confirmed, giving a thumbs up

"This is perfect! We can be together, it's kind of complicated, but we can be together!" exclaimed Jay

" Hopefully it stays that way." I replied. I didnt want to stop his happiness with my worries so I kept them to myself. What would we do when JYP said to stop the facade? Would that end the real relationship also?

"Finally I can show you off! How about we go out for a smoothie?" He already was tugging me out the door.

"Why not. Let's take advantage of the situation as long as we can" I said, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek as we headed out on the street.


Some sasaengs already were following us, asking urgenty whether we were togther, which Jay enthusiastically announced that we were. They sighed, thinking it was adorable that lifelong friends were in love.
When we were about five minutes away from the JYP building, some fans noticed us walking hand in hand. They all giggled and squealed as the news spread of our relationship, and took pictures to show their friends (and the tabloids) I am sure.

Jay and I waved them off before entering Smootie King, they all left without hassle, since they got what they anted and much more.

"So Jay, what other tall tales should be concoct for Strong Heart tomorrow?" I twirled the straw in my drink with my finger, "Like how met oh so long ago as children and it was love at first sight for you, but you hid it for over a decade" We both chuckled, and Jay have me nudge. 

"Yes, and then you were heartbroken that I left for Korea, and you couldn't take it anymore and came here to confess you're undying love for me, hoping I hadn't moved on." added Jay

"And they lived happily ever after" I finished off with a laugh.

Jay put his hand on mine on top the table, and than turned slightly serious,

"When we did first meet on the plane,  I remember how much I wanted to get to know you after you fell on to me. It sounds silly, but it's the truth"

I was touched by his words, so I said something from the heart also,

"Well, I really was intrigued by you since you didn't make a break for it when I embarrassed myself. I was pleasantly surprised with not the fact you were a celebrity, by your kindness."

"Aren't we just a pair" smiled Jay, rubbing his thumb against the top of my hand. "Ready to go?"

I hadn't realized that both our drinks were empty, I needed to go back for a design class anyways.

"I'm ready. I'll just take the bus back to campus"

"Even more opportunity to show you off as my girlfriend" Jays eyes lit up at the notion.

A little taken aback, I asked "Are you sure? I don't want you to get mobbed or anything"

"I'm not worried, I have you to protect me"  joked Jay, as we walked to the closest bus stop.

The bus ride was fine, considering it was solely for the university versus the general public. Luckily, the passengers who were on there had the decency just to keep it professional. I noticed a photography student snapping some shots of us. At least there'd be some high quality photos circulating around. When we arrived at the university, it was a completely different story.

News had already traveled of Jay and I and as couple, oh the joys of social media. It hadn't been even two hours since we left JYP, and there were multiple people from gossip sites and such.  Both of us just waved politely as we walked down the main drag to my residence. We didn't get far, as the same women from "Kpop Gossip" ran in front of us.

"Jaebeom, can you confirm that your once best friend Wen Graydon, is now your girlfriend?"

Jay not only gave a response, but he took the mic in his hand to answer,

"Why yes she is, and I do care for her deeply"

The women was extremely giddy with this answer

"It's official! Will they one day tie the knot, or will that rope be cut short? And how are the other 2PM members taking this, especially Lee Junho who we saw hugging Miss Graydon a mere week ago"

The women wrapped up her little commentary, and asked us if we could give them a shot of us being more romantic. We were saving this for much later, so that it didn't seemed rushed and the fans would adjust.

"Just one kiss, it would make the broadcast!"

The crowd began chanting, wanting us to kiss. I knew Jay would love to, so I gave a little nod for the ok. The cheer was deafening.

Jay slowly cupped my face with his hands, a smile crawling onto to both our faces. Then he kissed me lightly on the lips before pulling away to his arm around my waist instead.

If the crowd was deafening before, I don't know what to call it now. They went absolutely wild; screaming, calling our names, and a few girls were actually crying.

We ended this spectator sport with a goodbye to the fans and interviewers, and than ran -I do emphasize ran- to my room.

"Wait" I halted on the grass, "I have something to show you" I proudly said,  leading Jau down a familiar path.

I took him to the clearing off the trail, where I spent hours at time during the day. I would've spent it with people like Mitsy, but she proved to not be such a great friend.

"It's wonderful" chimed Jay, laying beside me on the grass.

It felt like I could spend forever here with Jay, this place was timeless. I couldnt tell if it was warm because he was here, or the sun - maybe both- but either way I didn't want to be anywhere else. I had to burst the bubble though eventually,

"I have class in less than an hour, I do have to go"

Jay's smile dropped, but he knew that this was the way it was

"You can follow the trail, it will run parallel to the street. You can catch a cab there" I added, dusting of my clothing.

"Ok, Bye Wen, I'll see you soon" Jay said as he hugged me good bye

"See you soon too. Don't get lost on me" I warned, stealing a kiss or two from him.

"Promise, as long as you won't" whispered Jay as we parted ways on the trail.