Opportunity

For You

"How about we have dinner; you, me, and Taec. "

"Sorry Khun, I can't. I have a photoshoot for new concept images. I'm free next Friday though, how about then with Junsu and Woo if they're free?"

"That won't work; 2PM has a concert that night. "


These conversations became a thing of regularity.

Both of us were extremely busy. Idol Army had ended, but they quickly began another show called Wild Bunny.  Sometimes Jay wouldn't come back to the JYP building for days because of missions in the show. The first challenge among the series was to sneak out in Hongdae, and not get caught. They did though, but I have to give them credit for not getting busted until at least noon.

At least I still had my art.

With all my spare time spent alone, I was designing again. Hyun-Ae even approved of the clothing and incorporated them into my wardrobe for events. I wore a dress to this photoshoot, and a jacket to that performance, and soon enough people were talking about my fashion to a new degree.

I was offered the chance to release a clothing line; the dream I had carried all the way from New York. I accepted gratefully, making my leisure activity a career. The line was called iMpress, and quickly became well known, especially among my fellow Korean idols. Yoona of SNSD, CL of 2NE1, and even G Dragon have all worn pieces from my collection.

It was at a charity event that I ran into GD wearing my clothing. It was a concert featuring the experts and the rookies of the industry, and luckily I was invited to participate.

"Wen!" beamed Jiyong, approaching me backstage.

"Annyeong. It's been too long."

"I am very happy for you, look how successful you are." he complimented

"Thank you. It seems like just yesterday I performed Heartbreaker on Strong Heart" I replied

"That reminds me, we never did get to talk after that." Jiyong slipped off his blazer, which I immediately recognized as one of mine, "So how about we go out after the concert?"

I blushed, being extremely flatter that Jiyong wanted to talk with me, rookie idol eMpress.

"I would love to" I replied,

Jiyong smiled, "Wonderful. See you then, eMpress"

My performance went well. I had sang Flash of course, but also a ballad that would be my next single. The music video's filming would begin next week. I proudly could say I wrote this song. Originality was what I aimed for.

It was a long time until the concert ended, and the buzz died down slightly. It was restarted though when Jiyong and I were escorted of to our ride. When I slid into the back seat, hands were reaching in trying to touch me. I was absolutely mortified at how insane some of the people were.

I sighed in relief as the car began to move. I looked over at Jiyong and saw that he was also wearing one of my shirts.

"I see you are wearing a piece from the iMpress line" I pointed out

"Yes; I wear your designs a lot now actually, so do other idols I see. I love how different the clothes are" he replied

It was nice when I got positive feedback in my music, but it felt much more satisfying when it was about my art. The music was really the labels, while my collection was strictly me.

"I have to say the same things about your music; being different I mean. I compose, but it is not close to the quality of your songs."

For some reason, Jiyong made me so nervous. Just sitting beside him in the car made my breathing uneasy.

He turned to directly look at me,

"Why don't you show me some of your music? I could help you, if you like."

"Chincha?" I gasped

"Ne. It would awesome to work with you" he confirmed.

Jiyong had directed the driver to a small restaurant in a less urban area. Luckily, due to the fact it was midnight there was literally no one there. It was a classy place, so the employees kept it professional, whether they recognized us or not.

After placing our order, we small talked about ourselves. It wasn't until the food came that we got into more interesting topics.

"So, how is your relationship going with Park Jaebeom?" skeptically asked Jiyong, putting air quotes around relationship with his fingers

I took a sip of water, making sure I wouldn't screw up my response,

"The public is liking us as a couple still, so it is going well" I  cleverly answered

"I have to say that you two sure are convincing." admitted Jiyong

Slowly, we worked our way to different topics; thank god. Eventually we both had finished out meal and were getting ready to leave.

I smiled, thanking Jiyong as he pulled out my chair for me and put on my jacket. I never thought he would be such a gentleman.

"So Jiyong" We took our seats back in the car, "Since you are so graciously helping me with music, what can I do for you?"

Jiyong rubbed his chin as he thought about my offer,

"How about if you show me your working space for designing. Seeing behind the scenes would be really cool. "

I looked down, and then back up; slightly flustered.

"Sure, sounds like a good trade off" I reached into my purse and took out a scrap piece of paper. I did a quick fashion drawing, and wrote my number on it

"I never did give you mine" Jiyong accepted the paper, and grinned approvingly at my quick sketch, "So you'll remember who's it is" I added

"Don't worry, no one could forget you Wen" said Jiyong.

I was hoping he meant that in the most flattering way possible. Either way, it still made me nervous.

The car dropped me off at the JYP building. Before the or even myself could get the door, Jiyong did. I slid out and thanked him, before waving goodbye.

Jiyong though, went in for a hug. It definitely was unexpected, considering this was only the second time I had met him.

"Stay happy" bid Jiyong. He then blew me a kiss, like he had done when we first met on Strong Heart.

Awkwardly, I tried to smile back to hide how frazzled I felt. Unfortunately, it probably came across more like a grimace.

I knew I wouldn't be able to see anyone from 2PM, they'd be asleep. So, straight to bed it was.

Walking back, my conversations with Jiyong played over and over in my head. Specifically, when we said goodnight. Was he just naturally this flirtatious? Regardless, it was just flirty and probably meant nothing. Deep down, I debated whether I hoped  it meant more

Arriving at my dorm, I found a little note stuck to the door. It was written on some Pororo note pad paper. I giggled, knowing precisely who it was from.

Hey Wen!
     Leaving notes is so much cooler , especially since the paper has Pororo on it. You weren't at our weekly Korran class, so I thought Id let you know I miss you. And Joonie hyung says he also does, but he won't admit that because he's too '"manly". Anyways, come visit MBLAQ's house again some time soon.
Love,
Mir
PS. One day MBLAQ got a new house. Everybody second house go.


With my schedule, the classes had been reduced to once a week. As you can tell, I sometimes couldn't even make that happen.

I felt like a kid again, all excited for a playdate with my best friend. Mir never did fail to bring that side of me out. The last line, which was written in English, made me crack up.

I carefully removed the note from the door, and headed for my room.

I knew I should've gone to sleep, but I had this urge to draw. Sitting in bed, I sketched a brilliant portrait of a man. I was working on giving my faces emotions, instead of the usual blank stare.

Looking at the time, I forced myself to go to sleep. One last line on the portrait, and I saw my subconscious come to life.

Jay's smile, but Jiyongs jaw. Mir's eyes, but Khun's hair and cheeks.

They all did have particular things I adored about them. If only I could mash them together so easily like this drawing. Mir's carefree mind that let him see last extraneous detail, Khun's kind and selfless instinct, Jiyong's politeness and originality, and lastly Jay's passion and dedication.

Jay was the one that mattered most to me though, even if we were separated so often. Tomorrow was our six month anniversary, proving how hard we try.

I'd be sure to tell him that, next time we saw eachother. Whenever, wherever, however that was.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jay's Perspective 

Last time I had seen Wen was probably two days ago, practicing in the studio. Last time we had slept together, I couldn't tell you because it was so long ago.

We still were together, still loved each other. It was just that life kept testing how much time and distance apart we could handle. Guess it made us even closer, more thankful for when we could be together. Even when it was just an hour driving to an interview.

"Jay, did you know Wen has a ballad?" hollered Junsu, watching the rookie and expert concert.

I sat on the couch beside him, "Yea, she wrote it herself. She sang it for me a while ago too." I added

Junsu gave me a heart shape with his hands, "She definitely wrote that for you hyung"

"We haven't eaten together in a really long time" sulked Chansung, eating his favorite food bacon.

My mind wandered, thinking about when we originally all became close with her. The promise we made to spend time with her played back over and over in my thoughts.

"I know Chan" said Junsu, "I miss her too"

I stopped myself from saying how much worse it was for me being away from her, because I knew we'd just argue.

"Hey, where are the other guys anyways? Taec was here today." I asked

"Well, he left for Anerica. The others..." Junsu began using his fingers to keep track, "Khun is in Thailand, Wooyoung is in Busan, and Junho is still in Daegu. "

I had suppress a laugh at how jealous Junsu was when he mentioned Junho being in Daegu.

"Why does it have to be so warn this time of month!" complained Chan, taking off his shirt.

Wait. This time of month, why did that seem important? I let out a puff if air. It was six months tomorrow Wen and I had been together, exactly. I vividly remember the day we spent at the beach and then painting. Of course, sleeping with her too. How could I have almost forgotten? We didn't even celebrate one month, so I had to do something for her. As l recall, we didn't celebrate since she refused to speak with me, after running out of the dorm crying.

"Uh, Jay?" Junsu waved his hand frantically I front of my face.

"Sorry" I stopped spacing out and focused, "I just remembered tomorrow is Wen and I's six month anniversary"

"You've gotta to something for her then" mumbled Chansung, stuffing his face with food. "You didnt do anything for one month, or 100 days. Lucky for
you Wen isnt a cutesy girl and didn't go ballistic on you"

"I have a feeling she won't be so ignoring of his one though" commented Junsu

"I know, I know. We have Wild Bunny tomorrow though. But the night is free, so that's good. Plus, everyone gets back tomorrow, except for Taec. I just hope he brings some of the mangos" I said

Sure enough, it came to me; the perfect idea for the anniversary. The gift, the date, it would be amazing. It was very last minute, considering it was tomorrow, and it was something specific I needed. If I could pull it off though, it would be make her the happiest person in the world. It might actually get her to cry, and in a good way this time.

I wasn't one for romance, hell- Wen was only my second girlfriend. Being shipped of to Korea at 18 sure put a stop to my love life. I knew this surprise -regardless how much she hated surprises- would bring her happiness.

No matter the distance, or time; I would ensure that we stay in each other's lives.