Additional/Original Epilogue: We Got Married

For You

I felt like I was about to throw up. I was so nervous and sick feeling that I couldn’t even think about anything but how to walk straight. It wasn't an audition, variety show, or fashion show, but a wedding. My wedding.

Jay had proposed just under a year ago. We had been on a flight back to South Korea from Seattle and he had popped the question. I hadn’t been expecting it at all, being perfectly comfortable with our position after nine years of dating. Not that I didn’t want to get married, but it was just so nerve racking. It reminded me of the time I had met 2PM when I was 22, having Wooyoung and Taecyeon drag me down to the studio to dance with them.

Now I was 31, and they weren’t going to push me down the aisle. I had to do it myself.

“Just relax, you just have to stand there and look pretty” I continued muttering the lame pep-talk to myself in the hall, “So what if half of South Korea’s reporters are here to see photograph the wedding, or that 2PM is back together for the first time in a decade. It’s no big deal”

I didn’t even convince myself with that one; it was a big deal.

Even though my contract had ended about a year ago, I still was in the public eye. With fashion design now being my main career, I had just as little privacy with all the travel. I didn’t mind; I was doing what I loved with people I loved. A dream come true.

“You! Why are you still here!” Xiaxue came screaming towards me, her bridesmaid dress flying everywhere along with her hair, “You should be outside already!”

My best girl friend hadn’t changed at all, taking the motherly role in making sure I didn’t screw up.

“I-I know. I’ll be there. Give me a few” I excused, feeling even more sick 

She clicked her tongue, “Because you’re getting married in less then ten minutes, I’ll be nice and leave you alone”

I thanked her for the privacy as she shouted over her shoulder to stop eating and to not be late. Xiaxue kicked the door shut, but moments later someone’s foot opened it.

“P-Please” my face was buried in the floor as I tried to calm down. I sniffled on, “I need to be alone. And I already told you to get seated Mir”

They laughed as they closed the door,

“My wife couldn’t even coax you out? This must be bad then”

Khun sat on the floor beside a hysterical me, forcing me to sit up. I flopped against the wall, sniffling

“How’d you feel on your wedding day?”

“Well, obviously not like you. I was nervous, but my excitement to finally marry Xiaxue made up for it” explained Khun while wiping my face with a towel

Too bad Jay made me more nervous than anyone else. The guys even had manned up and come together for today, despite that initial awkwardness. They were all so happy to have their leader back though, crying maybe as much as me when they reunited.

That’s when it kicked into overdrive, bordering on clinical paranoia

“What if he doesn’t show up? Or he forgets the ring? Or he leaves at the kiss? Or-”

“Loves you more than anyone else? Now that’s the right answer”

Khun’s expression automatically made mine soften.

He continued, “Don’t doubt him, don’t doubt yourself. You two are destined to be together, even with the past childish me trying to screw it up”

I chuckled, “Before I’m a married woman, I should admit to you that the was good”

“I was a total idiot, but yes, it was highly enjoyable” Khun laughed

We continued to reminisce about the old days of JYP drama. I never would have thought I’d be laughing at it.

“What are talking about! You totally did wear those pajamas, don’t lie!” I snorted

“Well do you have pr-” Khun checked his watch and froze. He yelped, “Wen! We’re late!”

I bolted from the ground, tripping on my dress. I muttered into the carpet,

“I’m doomed; I’m going to be blacklisted by Jay and his family, and all the people who watch those TV shows and read those magazines”

Khun pulled me up from the ground and patted down the fabric. He grabbed my hand and began to run,

“Not in my lifetime; you are getting married right now”

Khun and I sprinted through the building and down the walkway to where the ceremony was taking place. He had to go and join the bridal party, so this was our last chat before the reception

“Remember, try not to throw up”

I grimaced, “Trying to walk takes priority, but I’ll do that too”

With a wave, he left. Now I stood alone at the end of the aisle, looking down at my future. My husband, my family, my life.

“You ready little Wen?”

I smiled as Taecyeon linked his arm with mine. I never had a father, and my adoptive mother died when I was 18, so I had no relatives. Taecyeon was the closest I had, filling the spot of protective big brother.

I gulped, “No. Just walk me there before I try to run”

He grinned with his signature teeth,

“Let’s do it”

The music played softly as I strode down the aisle. Xiaxue had composed the piece specifically for me. I took a chance and looked away from a tree, seeing all the people that were there. Unfortunately I gave up, being blinded by camera flashes. If I could have, I would have worn sunglasses.

Taecyeon whispered in my ear when we were about half way,

“It’s fine. All the family is here”

He was right; they were my family.

My face began to relax, my eyes moving freely without freezing at the sight of one of my friends. Jiyong had just laughed when I had accidentally stared him down.

Just when I got used to the idea that I was getting married, I saw Jay waiting.

He looked so handsome in his tuxedo. His smile was the same from the day we had met on the plane. It gave me comfort knowing we hadn’t grown too old already.

The locket with our picture I wore suddenly weighed a hundred pounds as I got closer and closer.

I think at some point I gave up on looking good and closed my eyes, because I was already being handed off by Taecyeon.

He gave my hand to Jay, joking

“I better have a nephew to exercise with and a niece to dress up after this ordeal”

Jay laughed, giving Taecyeon a meaningful look and pat on the back.

; everyone was looking at me now, and all I wanted to do was hide.

The minister read out the classic lines as we stood there just staring at one another. I had kept my cool for the most part, so I allowed myself to tear up. It was just so overwhelming, being here after everything we had gone through. It was so worth it as I looked at how happy Jay was.

We began to read off our vows for each other back and forth, slipping on the rings. My hands were trembling so violently, I’m sure Jay had to have a super grip to steady them. After stuttering through my words, it ended with the final line spoken by Jay,

“Until the day we die”

The minister shut his book with a thud, and smiled at us

“Now you may kiss the bride”

In that moment, my nerves all were burnt out by sheer confidence.

Jay was my partner, and I loved him more than anything. I wanted to spend our lives together.

He lifted up my veil, being met by my stellar tear covered smile.

Our lips practically melted together when they touched. We had done this countless times, but this kiss felt like our very first. The familiar taste of Jay made me forget all those people watching, focusing only on us, husband and wife.

We pulled away from each other, neither of us being able to sustain the kiss any longer due to our massive smiles. The roar from the guests rivaled that of an arena filled with Hottests or Jaywalkerz.

Everything that followed was a blur, there was so much commotion. The bridal party was whisked off for photographs while they prepared dinner. I was the centre of the photographer’s stares, since I was wearing no shoes. I had accidentally left them behind when Khun and I had ran. At least you couldn’t tell from the length of the dress. After hundreds of pictures from at least a dozen different people, it was time to eat. I was starving.

“Wen Park; has a nice sound” Jay sang, holding my hand under the table

I squeezed it tightly, “I agree. Glad my husband came from such a good family”

His family really was wonderful, right down to his beloved dog Petrie. Jehan proudly sat beside his big brother, while his parents sat at one of the first tables of guests. As for his wife, I was right here. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

The dishes had been cleared away from dinner and dessert as the first person proceeded with their speech. Jehan, Xiaxue, and Khun were the ones speaking tonight. I stopped drinking my water because I was laughing so much,

“I remember the first time Jay came home from Korea after joining 2PM. I asked him what he liked about it, he said his friends. I assumed he was referring to a bandmate, but no, he corrected me and said ‘Taecyeon isn’t one for spending the night alone in bed with’. That’s how I found out about my now sister- in-law Wen”

I looked over at Taec as Jehan spoke; he was chuckling the hardest. Sure, maybe I was slightly embarrassed facing the fact the Park brothers chatted about my life, but I got over it, Jay was my husband after all.

Xiaxue matched Jehan’s speech, recalling our university days in a hilarious style. She ended on a tender note though, wishing us the best. Her most memorable line that had everyone listening was,

“Wen, I am so happy to see that you have finally convinced yourself it’s okay to love someone unconditionally”

The tears floated in my eyes, but I blinked them back. There was still Nichkhun’s words of wisdom to listen to.

The clapping from Xiaxue’s speech faded as Khun went to the podium. I gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek as she sat back beside me. I think she was just as antsy about her husband’s speech as I was. We both were at the edge of our seats, not sure what to expect. Humour? Heartfelt? Serious?

Khun cleared his throat, and clipped on the microphone

“Hi. I’m Nichkhun. I’ve known Jay since we were trainees together, battling it out on the show Hot Blood. I’ve know Wen since her time at university as a design student. They both meant much more and much less to me at times. Sometimes Jay was my worst enemy, like when he left 2PM, but he also was my brother, when I needed someone to lean on. As for Wen, I’m sure she absolutely hated me as much as I did at points, but she was also my lover for a short while”

I sat tall and unemotional. I promised myself not to cry anymore after the ceremony. I heard a few gasps from the guests -and Wooyoung- who didn’t know the whole story. Jay’s face was losing colour fast, and so was Xiaxue’s. He better turn this speech around fast.

He continued,

“Sorry, I should be saying forbidden lover instead. You see, I was 22 and jealous when Jay and Wen were dating. What he had, of course I felt I had to have also. No matter how much I pressured her, she didn’t sway. The only time she was even close to being with me, she trying to make me move on. So now here we are; Jay, Wen, and I. All of us are happily married...”

Khun motioned to Xiaxue who smiled sheepishly,

“... so why couldn’t we have figured it out sooner, and saved a few bad experiences from happening?”

He paused for effect before answering his rhetorical question,

“It’s because the fights are what strengthen a couple. It’s what proves how much they deserve one another. Shows how they are willing to put their love above anything, anyone.”

Screw it; I was letting myself shed a few tears. Those first three soon turned into an entire shower as I continued to listen.

“Guinevere Jada Graydon, I’ve watched you grow into this fine young woman over the years. It’s time that you finally marry the fine young man that matches. You are fated.”

The guests stayed silent as Nichkhun dabbed his eyes with the kerchief from the tuxedo pocket. I wanted to run up and hug him, and tell him how much he meant to me and how much I loved him. I didn’t though; I cried in silence, waiting for him to say his final words.

“As for Jay Park -forever our leader Jaebeommie- I know how much you care about Wen, starting from the day you brought her to our home at JYP. The past is the past, and the future is now. I wouldn’t want my little Wen with any one but you, I don’t trust anyone else to protect her”

Everyone was on their feet, applauding and crying for the Khun’s speech. I did the same, mopping my eyes with probably my fifth tissue. Jay and I held our hands tighter than ever, and bowed deeply in respect.

Nichkhun did the same at the front, his hands together at his head. Before coming back to the head table, he officially ended his thoughts

“Cherish her, protect her. Comfort him, believe in him. Most of all, love one another. Thank you for everything Jay and Wen, live out your happily ever after”

“N-Nichk-khun” Xiaxue ran into his open arms as he returned, “So proud of you, so proud”

He held her closely and kissed her forehead, still with a wet face. Together they came towards us as we stood up to go outside for cocktails.

“Come here you softie” I choked out, mauling Khun in a hug. He held me just as tightly, with just as many tears.

“Y-you make me so happy, I’m so blessed to have you around” I sobbed into his shoulder.

He my back while whispering into my ear, unable to speak any louder

“Sorry again for everything I put you through in our 20’s. I know I can’t never take it back, but know that I regret it”

I shook my head, gulping

“D-don’t say that. If we hadn’t had those experiences, we wouldn’t be the people we are today, and I don’t want to be anyone one else. I forgive you.”

Jay came up beside me after I ended the embrace. At first he just smiled and patted Khun’s shoulder, but soon he gave him a full on hug. Xiaxue and I watched our husbands with pride, they finally were seeing eye to eye.

“Thank you for taking care of her Khun. She really does need you” said Jay

Khun smiled at his feet, “It’s nothing. Now that your contract is over and you’re married, my shift is over. Treat my bestfriend well Jay”

Jay laced his fingers with mine, then lifted out hands up and kissed my left hand with the wedding band.

“I will, don’t worry”

“Noona! Noona!” Mir came bounding up to me with his fellow bandmates in tow, “Congratulations!”

I wiped away the last of my tears, as I saw his cheery face

“Thanks Mireu. I’m happy you could come, even with your busy schedule”

“Obviously we’d come to see you. What type of friends would we be if we didn’t? said Lee Joon, spinning me around in a hug

Finally everyone had been ushered out of the dining hall and into the garden for cocktails. It would take just under an hour for the place to be transformed for the dance, so we had time to socialize, take pictures, and cry some more.

Jay and I stepped out of the building, immediately being swarmed by reporters. They had been allowed to photograph the ceremony, but nothing else. I wanted some sort of privacy on my wedding day.

“eMpress! Wen!” a female reporter waved over her camerman, “Who designed your dress? Is it your own creation?”

“Aniya. Kwon Jiyong designed it for me as a favour, I just made the actual garment. I did sew Jay’s tuxedo though” I replied, still walking for the closed off garden in my bare feet.

“Do you have any plans for children now that you’re married?” another reporter screamed over top of everyone else

I looked to Jay for help, but he just gave me a smile

I sighed, “We have to keep some spontaneity in our relationship. One day”

Truth was I already was pregnant. We had been trying since I turned 29, but hadn’t been able to. I had gone to my doctor because of how sick I had been feeling about a month ago. Turns out I was three weeks pregnant. When I told Jay the news, he was absolutely ecstatic.

To keep things under wraps, I had to work out and eat healthy so that I could still wear the gown and not look pregnant. It was a pleasant surprise when I actually lost weight. To this day, nobody had a clue Jay and I were expecting, not even his family, Xiaxue, or 2PM.

If it was a girl, her name would be Sen Young, after my adoptive mother. If it was a boy...
Like I said, we’re keeping a little spontaneity in our relationship.

2PM was all congregated together, so I drifted over there with their leader. Their eyes lit up as we approached them,

“You two look the same from back in your idol days” complimented Junsu

“What do you mean? Jay isn’t wearing his old man pink shirt” I teased

Jay rolled his eyes, “He’s trying to say we still look young”

“That too, but no” Junsu sat down with a glass of wine, “I mean that you two still are nervous, like when a little girl and boy have crushes on each other”

I just laughed, because he was right. I fell back in love with Jay everyday, I never lost my appreciation for him.

My eyes darted between the boys. I could tell that they wanted some ‘guy time’ with Jay, so I said goodbye with Xiaxue, seeing as I had to change into a different dress for the evening. As I left, all I could do was laugh as I heard the comments from them all.

“I know she’s your wife, but I’m just saying that she looked really good”

“Taecyeon! Shut up!”

“Don’t you think so too Woyoung?”

“Yea, she did look really y”

I hustled back to the building through a back entrance to avoid photographers. Xiaxue held the train of my dress as we made our way up the stairs. Then I stopped, hearing the oh so familiar voice of Kwon Jiyong.

“Wen, where are you running off to on your wedding? You better not be working”

I back tracked down a step, telling Xiaxue to get out the dress.

I smiled with my lips, “I promise you; I’m not sneaking off to do more scouting”

Jiyong and I had become not only good friends, but business partners. Not only did he do some of the men’s designs for my iMpress label, but we were preparing for the debut of the first boy group under our company KJ2G. Jiyong did most of the work there though, seeing as fashion was my main career. I still was a cofounder though, owning my half of the company.

“Ok; I’ll believe you” Jiyong pecked me on the cheek gently before continuing down the steps, “I’ll see you after your honeymoon. Congratulations Wen, you and Jay are lucky to have each other”

I nodded, and whispered to myself as he walked out of sight

“Yes we certainly are”

I quickly whipped on my dress, having Xiaxue zip it up for me. I finally put on some shoes, marvelling myself i the mirror.

“Where did you buy this Xiaxue?” I twirled around like a teenage girl as the red fabric floated around me, “It’s gorgeous”

“It’s yours. You wore it once just under ten years ago, to a masquerade ball put on by the university” she explained, fluffing up the short bottom

“I don’t remem-”

“It was the night you got hit by the sasaeng car with Khun, and nearly died”

I froze, “Oh.”

So that’s why it was dyed red. I knew it was originally white.

“You’re lucky to be alive. Khun told me that he went into complete shock seeing your body” she calmly said, touching up my make up.

“Xiaxue, be honest with me” I played childishly with the straps on my shoes, “What was I like, before that night. Am I still that same person, or am I completely different?”

She stopped powdering my face,

“You’re still that women who Jay fell for, so don’t worry. But yes, you are completely different. You’ve finally grown up”

After I was fixed up, we made our way back to the hall. It had been completely redecorated. Everything was so elegant, draped in black and white fabric with shimmering silver lights.

The slow music filled the air as people began to cluster together for the first dance of the night; Jay and I.  

“Just like your first time at Music Bank” Jay put his hand on my waist and the other held high with my own, “This is no different, you’re going to be fine”

That really was the only time I had danced with him formally, in front of other people. Countless times we had gone to the top of JYP Entertainment and danced on the roof at some ungodly hour, but that was just us.  Now I was in front of all my family and friends.

I kept calm, gliding along with Jay on the floor. My smile widened when I saw his mother tearing up watching us. It felt great to have her approval of the relationship, and to have a parent once again.

Soon enough the not so tortuous first dance ended and the floor became filled. My fellow idols of course felt the need to have dance offs at the wedding, so a circle was formed in a heartbeat. Speaking of heartbeat, the boys decided that a performance of the song should be done.

“Come on hyung, we never got to before you left” begged Wooyoung dragging Jay to his would be position

He sighed, “The things 2PM does...”

That was a yes. So let the show begin.

I continued to beam proudly,watching them sing again as seven. The last time that had happened was when we went to the beach, the night Jay and I got together. It was so touching how they still remembered where Jay’s vocals and dancing fit in to the original. Even the end pyramid still worked.

“My heart is beating, faster, faster....”

The somersaulted out of their formation. Jay confidently marched up to me, and took my wrist.

“W-Wha...”

Too late to argue as they all danced around me.

“Faster, faster...”

I looked to Junho to see if he was doing the ending “death” scene. Then to Khun, then Wooyoung. Lastly Taecyeon, who just ripped his shirt off as fanservice back in the day. None of them finished though.

Then Jay wrapped his hands around my waist and planted his lips on mine as the final beeping droned.

Everyone enjoyed the impromt performance, clapping wildly.

“Are you implying that marrying me is death?” I teased, having heard the lyrics many a time

He shook his head, “No, of course not. It’s more like the beginning”

I sighed, “You smooth talker”


My entire life felt like it was being lived for a second time. All people from all different points in my life were there for Jay and I. It was to the point of being so surreal, I couldn’t tell if I was really dreaming. I couldn’t blame alcohol because I hadn’t drank any (pregnant women problems).

“Come on, we’re going outside for a picture” Xiaxue urged, dragging me by the wrist

I laughed, “I’m going as fast as I can, okay”

It was probably around 2:00 am, and the guests had all gone home. All who were left were 2PM, Xiaxue, and myself.

“Noona, did you have fun?” Chansung bounded up beside me, with a plateful of cake

“Yes, definitely, because you all could make it here” I gave him a hug, only coming up to his shoulder, “Thanks for coming again. All of you”

We got one of the staff to take a few shots of us all together, including Taecyeon's girlfriend. Xiaxue and I personally had to approve her before we even considered them getting married. Just trying to set an example; keeping it close to home. 

“Ok Taecyeon! Why’d you change!” his girlfriend Yin came trailing after him “We’re still taking pictures and you’re wearing that?”

I nearly spat out the water I had been drinking looking at his ensemble. He was wearing what seemed to be a jumpsuit, or just matching shirt and shorts. He looked like a safari ranger with the shade of tan. All he needed was a hat and an Australian accent.  

“What! It’s comfortable and no one cares” he defended, grabbing her close for a hug

She laughed, “You’re lucky I’m in a good mood and am up for your fashion sense”

The three girls -Xiaxue, Yin, and I- had become extremely close, being able to relate well with one another. Having idols as partners wasn’t an easy life, so having someone understand was a relief.

“We’re going to go; early morning tomorrow” They all hugged me goodbye and I thanked them for coming. Wooyoung and Chansung came forward “Visit us soon noona!”

For once in a long while I could confidently say yes, that I’d be around with Jay to be 2PM as seven again.

Now it was just Jay and I, alone in the parking lot. It was so late -or early- that the faint glow of morning was approaching.

“Let’s go home. I think both us need some sleep” I yawned, beeping open our car.

He closed my drivier side door, “I don’t think so; we should do a little something to celebrate”

“What? So a party with hundreds of our family and friends didn’t suffice?” I joked

“I was more so thinking something just for us” he whispered, kissing me on the neck.

I wiggled away, finding it really ticklish

“Ok Leadja; surprise me”

Jay smiled knowingly,

“So; what do you think of boats? Specifically row boats?”

I dropped my heels that I had been holding, gasping

“No you didn’t! You know I don’t like bo-”

“That’s only because I let you fall in way back then” Jay hugged me while laughing, “Sorry”

I rolled my eyes, “You liked watching me drown, admit it”

He pulled away from me. I was practically asleep in his arms.

“So is that a yes?”

I mumbled into his chest, “Did you bring towels?”

Jay just knew I had already agreed and swooped me up in his arms. He carried me away to the lake at the back of the property, a boat already bobbing in the water.

We just laid motionless across the bottom of the boat. I was dozing in and out, struggling to stay awake. Jay held me close to stay warm; reminiscing about our days back as singers

“You scared the hell out of me. I remember, I’d check with every member before I even said hello to you in the morning”

I sighed, “You made me feel the same. I was just a little girl on a flight to Korea, and you were a hot guy. I don’t do well with hot guys”

The stars reflected in the water along with the faint horizon line that was beginning to rise. I fell asleep on my wedding as no longer a girl but a woman. I had a future, a family, and husband. Maybe it was all fate once I considered it. I was meant to struggle to find this outcome. 


To think this all started with,

"And by the way my name is Jay Park"

Thank you mom.

Thank you Bae.

Thank you 2PM.


Thank you Jay.

You have made me truly happy.  

A/N Ah! I edited this and added a bit, and oh my, the feelings writing this fic again! Thought I'd release this additional/original epilogue, just for fun. Hope you enjoyed the last snippit in this story of Wen and Jay (: Wenbeom; fighting! (Sometimes I even write spin offs and sequels because I miss this so much)