Siblings

For You

"Ok, be sure you are on point. Remember, passion!"

The director had been shouting orders for the past six hours. I was shooting the last scene of my first music video for the debut song "Flash". The idea is simplistic, focusing on how ones world is ever changing and remembering it, using a lot of different locations. The last scene was going to be of me on top of a building at night with a man, and we are about to kiss but I take out a camera and take a picture. The flash ends the video, like how it ended previous scenes also. I was pleased with the idea.

"That's a wrap! Great job everyone, great job eMpress!" congratulated the director

A few weeks ago, concept images for the video were released and the public was waiting for my debut. They were anxious to see what the charming, y, and mysterious girlfriend of 2PM's leader Jaebeom would put out. I actually enjoyed being in a photo shoot, it was completely different than being behind the camera. Tomorrow, a countdown of ten days will begin for the release, and the video edited for the grand reveal.

"You did really well Wen" complimented Khun. The other members were busy, so I was very touched he came to support me today. I also was touched that he still called me my real name versus my stage name.

"Thank you Khunnie, it means a lot coming from you." I have him a tight squeeze after kicking off my tall and rickety high heels.

"So. Do you want to go celebrate? Cause some mischief?" Khun gave me one of his famous winks, with a twinkle in his smile.

"Sure, what type of shenanigans are you thinking of?"

"Since we both are not native Koreans, how about we have a night of American movies and television, food, and of the course language. " suggested Khun. I got excited at the mere thought.

I beamed at him, replying

"That is a brilliant idea. But it's not like we don't already speak English most of the time."

"True, but we have to speak Korean along with that since not all the members can understand" explained Khun. He did have a point, four of the members were helpless at English.

"It's a date than" I gave Khun a thumbs up, "My place, in half an hour? You can stay in the spare bedroom, so it can be like a teenage girl slumber party"

Khun laughed, "Of course. I'll be sure to bring my best gossip on who likes who."

I arrived home, and scrubbed all the make up off my face from the shoot. It felt like I had plunged my face straight into a bowl of icing, so taking it off felt ten times more rewarding.  I heard a knock on the door, and called out that it was open.

"Hey bestfriend" greeted Khun

I stopped dead in my tracks, rolling on the ground in side splitting laughter. Khun had taken my "kid sleepover" thing literally. He was wearing matching purple bunny pajamas, and slippers with clouds on them.

"I know you'd act like that, you little girl" teased Khun placing food on the table. He had brought pizza, chips, and cookies. Those foods were my weaknesses, prepare for madness.

"I feel a little too formal for the occasion, I'll be back" I rushed into my room, knowing exactly what I was going to change into.

"Why do you always have to one up me Wen" sighed Khun, taking in my hot pink pajamas, complete with covered feet and hood. I never get how anyone would create fabric with dancing squares, and triangles, but I thought they were hysterical; an irresistable buy.

"So I was thinking we start with some television. I have all the seasons of CSI: NY." I suggested

"I never thught you'd be the type for crime shows. Lucky for you, I do love a good one. Let's do it!" Khun pumped his fist in the air before grabbing some plates and bringing the food to the table infront of the TV. This was going to be an awesome night.

After watching some CSI:NY, we settled on two movies. Khun picked the movie The Hangover, and I chose the chick flick Dear John to finish it off in contrast.

When it came turn for my movie, I was crying my eyes out by the ten minute mark. This movie sure pulled on the old heart strings.

Khun and I were bundled up with multiple blankets on the couch, our eyes glued to the screen. My head was cozied on his shoulder, and he has his arm around me. The thing that made this comfortable, was that we both knew that we loved each other like brother and sister, not romantically. I wish Khun had come into my life much earlier.

"No! You can't break up!" wailed Khun, sniffling loudly.

"Shhh! Just watch the movie!" I complained, finding it funny how into the plot Khun had gotten.

By the end, we were both cried out and ready for a pick me up; horror movie it was. The Exorcist should do nicely.

It was a good idea at first, until both of us were scared out of our minds to even leave the couch.

"Wen?"

"Yea Khunnie Bunny?"

"I need to get some water, will you come with me?"

"You're a grown man, and the kitchen is right there. Im looking at it for s sake" it felt good to swear in English  and have someone actually understand it.

"But... Ok. Could you grab the remote?"

"No. I'm scared"

This made us begin to chuckle, which evolved into a large giggle fit.

"So, if I can't go to the kitchen, and you can't even grab the remote. Looks like we're staying put" pointed out Khun, shifting on the couch

I laughed, "Looks like it"

I yawned loudly, readjusting the blankets and resting my head on top of Khun's chest. My eyelids were becoming heavier by the minute.

"Wen?"

"Mhmm" I mumbled

"I- I really lik- No. I love you." Khun sputtered through his words before repeating, "Yes. I love you. I just wanted to get that out of my head"

I lifted up my head to see that Khun was very nervous, his two eyebrows knitted together in a frustrated line.

"Thank you. You couldn't even begin to understand how good that makes me feel." I returned my head to its position on Khun. I guess I did love Khun, not the same way I did for Jay; or did I? I was cuddled up with the guy after all... No, Jay and I were very much together, and Khun was basically my brother.

"I hope we stay close. After all, you are going to be an international celebrity." said Khun in a matter of fact way.

"I wouldn't make that assumption Khun" I sighed

"I've seen you train, I know you'll be successful." Khun put a protective arm over me.

"It's comforting to know someone believes in me" I whispered, closing my eyes. I could feel Khun pull me closer against himself, and my hair.

I knew that there were at least two people who would be there for me through the thick and thin. I fell into a deep slumber with a smile, wondering if Khun would ever get the nerve to go for his glass of water. 

- - - - - - - - - - -

Nichkhun's Perspective

I thought that watching a scary movie was a brilliant plan; show off my manliness, look like the hero. But no, I was just as frightened by it as Wen. The situation worked itself out, with both of us sleeping on the couch too paranoid to move. The entire time I kept thinking of what it would be like it if I she was my girl, not Jay's. I would be so good to her, protecting and caring for her better than anyone else could. Who was at the video shoot today for Wen? Not Jay -her boyfriend- but me. My feelings for her were ripping my sanity apart, because I couldn't do anything with them. I couldn't just waltz up and break them apart, that would be horrible. If I wanted to ever function and generally think normally again, I'd have to tell her how I felt.

I began shakily, but I ended my confession off strongly and honestly. I automatically felt ten times lighter.

I wasn't expecting Wen to admit her undying love or anything, more so a shocked expression that said "What the hell did you say". Wen never failed to surprise me though. Very calmly she replied that she was thankful for me caring about her; such a Wen thing to say, one of the things I loved about her.

Eventually Wen drifted away, her pulse relaxing and her breathe evening out. I pulled her tighter, just wanting to at least pretend she loved me like I loved her, just for one night. Tucking her hair behind her ear, I marveled at how delicate her face was. It looked liked porcelain, smooth with no imperfections. She did not have snow white skin though, it was a golden caramel with hints of an olive tone. Her natural beauty wasn't the standard image in Korea, and it was killing me that people wouldn't take her as she is. They felt she had to be made into some temptress, the ultimate vision of iness; tight revealing clothing, dramatic makeup, long flowing hair... This was not my best friend though. Wen loved the comfiest and quirkiest clothing, wearing no makeup and bold glasses, and shaving half her head for a hair tattoo.

I soon fell asleep myself, hoping that this Wen -the one crashed on the couch in pink kiddy pajamas- wouldnt get lost and disappear. I never would want a fake outer shell of forced beauty to replace the stumbling girl at the university I'd fallen for.