Expansion

For You

After Jay had left, I went back to my spot on the floor. I felt an emptiness, a void. It made me realize how alone I've been all these years, and what it was like to miss someone again. Jay was such a gentleman, such a good person. We need more of those in the world.

Days came and went, I couldn't see any of my newly found friends: one of the downsides of getting to know international celebrities. I texted with Jay, letting him know what i was up to. He said 2Pm had a surprise planned for me, and i'd find out next week. Khun, and Junsu also had both called me personally, just for a talk.  Other than this, my social life was a bust.
I figured it was time to at least go to school functions, and actually converse with people in my courses.

Today, I ate lunch at popular restaurant on campus. I was wearing a champagne computer dress, made of a heavier fabric that draped beautifully. I had sewn it to imitate a trench coat, minus the long sleeves and lack of mobility while wearing. I began picking at my wrap, sketching to pass the time. Before I even finished the basic structure of the model, a figure coughed to get my attention.

"May I sit here?"

I saw that there were many other open seats, so I was flattered they chose to join me. I looked at their face, and gave a smile motioning for them to sit down.

The person who say down was a young student, like myself. She was oriental, and wore a simple maroon shirt with dark wash jeans. Her hair was impressive too, it was in pigtails curled into ringlets, so curly it reminded me of the video game 'Catherine'.

We small talked, I gave her my name and found out hers -it was Xiaxue- and so on. It was generally a nice conversation, nothing too serious.I found out that she was a psychology major from China, and was an avid reader. She did enjoy to go running though, and had suggested we go in the morning together. I accepted politely, but I felt bad since I am a very slow runner. Not to mention I do like to sleep in. I was grateful that she offered though, she was a new student like me and was just wanting to get to know people. I had finished my food, and was preparing to leave. She asked me if I'd be interested in a party tonight, i said yes and gave her my number before I left. Maybe she was going to be friend number eight in Korea.

I was pretty happy that someone had approached me, and actually took interest in what I had to say. The party tonight seemed like the best idea, considering I'd just end up playing Amnesia; alone and scared out of my mind.

That Night

Getting dressed was always a challenge for me because I was so picky. What type of image did I want to give off tonight; cute, artsy, preppy, or quirky? Maybe a bit of all, but I decided on an outfit that I think would suit the party at Xiaxue's. I think my get up gave off a quirky-get-to-know-me vibe; deep purple glasses, loose neon yellow chiffon blouse, navy blue pants, and striped orange heels. I added some solid coloured bright beads to finish it off. I pranced out of my room, feeling confident that I was finally getting my act together. I even got my hair tattoo redone for this occasion, sporting an A+ for my new found liking of MBLAQ's music.

"Hey Wen! Glad you came, here's a drink!" yipped Xiaxue, pulling me into her room.

I was impressed, the room had been stripped of clutter and just had some large pieces of furniture. It also seemed Xiacue had gotten the people beside and across from her to parrticipate in this social event, allowing partiers to socialize in the hallway and go between rooms.

"Hey guys! Meet Wen! She's a new student here like most of us, so let's make her feel welcome" announced Xiaxue, giving a scream to get the mood pumping again.

"I slipped in between two already tipsy girls, and sat down on top of a desk, sipping at the alcoholic concoction in my hand. I was never a huge drinker, but I didn't hate it either.

"Hey there. I haven't seen you around, what's your name?" asked a guy, who had just arrived at the party, sitting beside me.

"Wen, yours?"

"Flynn. So, you know Xiaxue?"

"I met her just today during lunch, she sat down with me and we just got along" I shrugged, taking a gulp of my drink.

Flynn stood up, and waved his crew of friends over; three girls and two more guys. They came to where we were, making it look like I had a group of friends for once -daebak.

They all shouted a series of "Hey Flynn", and then asked who I was, so I introduced myself again. They did the same, so hello to Yong, Chun Li, Mitsuru, Elle, and Paika. We laughed and joked around, they seemed to be easy going people, specifically one of the girls Mitsuru (or Mitsy which I found adorable).

"I love this song! 10jeom manjeome 10jeom!" cheered the girls in unsion

I sat there like an idiot, a clueless idiot.

"It's 2PM baby!" sang out Mitsy

Oh, now I get it.

"You are 2PM fans?" I asked, trying to humour myself with some good irony.

"Only the biggest, Nichkhun is my bias!" declared Elle, only to be interrupted by Paika

"No! He's mine, You have Jaebummie!" argued Paika, falling off her chair in an attempt to punch Elle in the arm.

"All right girls, stop it. And I think you're done drinking for the night" said Yong, taking away Paika's drink, who was still on the floor rolling around and laughing hysterically.

This talk of 2PM was actually quite interesting, hearing it from girls who absolutely idolized them. They knew absolutely everything, yet at the same time nothing. I knew how Jay acted when he was nervous -rubbiing his neck and staring intently to his right side-, while Elle knew his daily routine down to the last minute. I was fine with the conversation, until it took a turn for the worse

"I bet those 2PM guys are all jerks in real life. Like they are actually like that, its all scripted!" stated Chun Li

"Yea, and they are all probably gay" added Yong, slurring his words.

I wasn't going to let them talk about my friends like that -even if they were drunk- so I stepped in

"You can't be sure what is real and what isn't, that is clear"

"It's clear that they are all hot beasts! That's all I care!" coughed Paika, after throwing up again. Oh the joys of university.

'That's all I care...' Those words echoed in my head, making me realize that the image the boys put on, is the only thing these people seemed to care about, since that's the only solid thing they could base it on. The once care free mood was just killed by my other analytical mind, so I decided it was time to excuse myself.

"I have an 8 am class tomorrow guys, so I really should be going" I excused, "Nice to meet you all, tell Paika that if she wakes up."

"Bye!" , "Later", "See you", called the others

"Hey, leaving so soon?" pouted Xiaxue catching my arm, still being tangled up with a guy

"I still have reality to return to, aka. class" I sighed, going into the hallway

"Ok, well I hope you enjoyed yourself. Bye Wen!" said Xiaxue, returning to the guy she was, well, 'fraternzing' with.

I returned to my room, ready to crash into bed, but found a surprise waiting for me. A sunflower was on my doorstep, including a little note.

Wen

Be ready for an exciting day tomorrow, we'll be there around noon!

See you again Wen (Sorry for that rhyme, Wooyoung made us put it in here)

Your favourite Korean Boy Band

PS. Jaebeom may have stepped on the flower by accident, sorry

and Instant smile grew on my face, the boys sure knew how to make someone happy. I giggled at the flowers bent stem, and few missing petals that were on the ground.

I went to bed that night with the anticipation of tomorrow running around in my head. When 2PM did something, they didn't so it half asked; that is definite.

- - - - - - - - - -

Jay's Perspective

Tomorrow was the day. We'd been planning for only ten days, but it felt like months. If we could pull this off, it would be totally awesome. If not... I didn't iike to even think of that as a possibility.

Why was I sweating and stuttering so much at just the thought of tomorrow? It was not a date, it was with six of my friends. I guess I was worried because I was finally coming to terms with my feelings for her. What were these feelings? I still don't know exactly. I hoped that she somehow felt the same towards me. Maybe she did, wiith how she didn't reject my touch like she used to, but maybe she didnt, with the way she didn't show affection. I am overthinking this completely, aren't I.

I only wish for her to let me be in her life.

Tomorrow could change everything though