When There's Noone To Pick Up Krystal

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I have a meeting later at 3pm!” Jessica exclaimed over the line. Mrs Jung called her asking her to fetch Krystal up from her college since the family driver had to go back to his hometown due to an urgent family matter. Mr Jung was out of town to play golf with his friends, and Mrs Jung herself was in a charity event.

“Can you ask your assistant to fetch her then?” Mrs Jung suggested.

“Mum, seriously when are you going to get her a car??!” Jessica questioned out loud. “You know I can’t take that risk yet.” Mrs Jung answered. She knew Krystal so well. If she got her a car, the girl would be out of control. She didn’t want to give Krystal that freedom yet.  

“But you can’t expect me to leave the office in the middle of the day to go pick her up!” Jessica was not really in a good mood that day. She was tired as she had meetings since morning.

“Jessica, do not yell me!” Mrs Jung said.

“Ask her to take a taxi then!” Jessica ignored her mother’s remarks and kept on yelling.

“Jessica Jung. I want you to figure this out. Ask anyone at the bank to pick her. I’m in an event now. Bye. I love you.” Mrs Jung said before she straightaway ended up the call.

“What?” Jessica didn’t expect her mother to end the call just like that. Mrs Jung was always against the idea of asking Krystal to take the taxi or the bus. “My daughter is not going to go through all that hassle.” She once said to Jessica.

“Aishh..” She stood up from her chair and went out of the room. “Tiff, I really need a favor to ask.” She looked at Tiffany.

“Aaaachooooo.” Tiffany sneezed out loud. Unexpectedly, she was having a flu that day. “Yes, Ms Jessi.. aaachoooo!” She wiped her nose with a tissue.

“Yes, Ms Jessica.” She looked at her boss with her puffy watery eyes.

“Hmm.. I want you to go home and rest.” Jessica couldn’t get herself to ask Tiffany to do it. The girl had never been absent from work. NEVER. She would always put her priorities above herself. “No, Ms Jessica. I’m okay aaachoooooo!”

“Tiffany, please go home now. I don’t want you here.” Jessica said softly. “I’m gonna go down for a while. When I’m up, I’m expecting not to see you here anymore.” Jessica said before she walked towards the lift.

Jessica went down to level 2 as expected. The only person that she could count on was none other than her dearest girlfriend, Choi Sooyoung. She went inside the lift and went down to level 2. The moment the lift was opened, she walked inside the floor and saw Sooyoung was not in her seat. She walked towards one of Sooyoung’s agent, Yuri.

“Hmm Yuri, where is your manager?” She asked.

“Huh?” Yuri was shocked to see the vice president there, she quickly stood up from her chair. That was the first time the VP had ever spoken to her. And surprisingly the VP knew her name. She bowed to Jessica showing her respect.

“She went down with Manager Seo to the café.” Yuri informed. “Thanks Yuri.” Jessica smiled as she placed her hand on Yuri’s back. Then, she walked away from Yuri’s working place to go to the lift. Yuri was stoked. The VP just put her hand on her back. Hyoyeon would be jealous for sure.

Jessica went down to the café and when she entered the café she saw Sooyoung was eating with Seohyun. She made her way over there. “Sooyoung.” She called out for her girlfriend from behind.

“Ms Jessica?” Seohyun was surprised to see Jessica there.

“Babe?” Sooyoung said to Jessica without realizing Seohyun was there. “I thought you have a meeting.” Sooyoung asked. Seohyun on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter