The Jungs Part 4 - 31

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“FYI, I’m the reigning champion of 31 in my family.” Sooyoung said it oh so proudly. Mrs Jung was feeling a bit intimidated after hearing it but she needed to keep cool.

Sooyoung started off explaining on the rules of the game. “The objective of the game is to have the sum of 31 or closer to 31 in your hand before the other player does.” Sooyoung summed it up. “To start of the game, each of us will get 3 cards. And then we will take turns to pick up a card from this pile.” Sooyoung said.“And whoever gets 31 first, just straightaway show it and yell it out.” Sooyoung continued. “Oh by the way, kings, queens and jacks all worth 10 and an ace card can be used either 1 or 11.” She added.

“Oh this is easy. Quite similar to blackjack then.” Mrs Jung smiled.

Suddenly both Krystal and Soojin appeared in the living room looking innocent. “Hmm yeah?” Sooyoung looked at them. “Can we sit down here and watch?” Krystal asked on behalf of the both of them. “Of course you can Krystal. You’ll be my cheerleader.” Mrs Jung smiled.

“Hmm we’re just here to watch.” Soojin said. 

“Alright fine whatever. We have to be quick.” Sooyoung said. “Oh wait, if you don’t want that cheeseburger earlier, can I have it?” Sooyoung asked Mrs Jung with her innocent face.

“Soo, there’s no cheese burger. I made that up.” Krystal rolled her eyes.

“WHATTTT?? THERE IS NO CHEESE BURGER??” Sooyoung exclaimed loudly.

“Aish, Can we just start playing now??” Mrs Jung was getting impatient. She was actually getting a bit excited since she couldn’t remember when was the last time she played cards. “Alright, we will play 5 rounds. Whoever wins 3 rounds, wins the whole thing.” Sooyoung stated and Mrs Jung nodded her head.

ROUND 1

Sooyoung placed 3 cards on Mrs Jung’s side and also on her side. Then she placed the remaining cards in the middle of the table. She looked at the 3 cards and saw that her cards had a total of 20 (5 of hearts,10 of hearts and 5 of diamonds) . She needed an ace card in order to make it 31 but that would only be luck if she actually picked an ace card later. She then glanced at the woman in front of her and she saw the woman was smiling. 

“Who’ll pick the card first?” Mrs Jung asked.

“I’ll go.” Sooyoung said but then she was stopped by Mrs Jung. “No, I’ll go since you have shuffled the cards just now. It’s only fair that I’ll go first.” Mrs Jung said something so irrelevant.

“What? Who make that rule??” Sooyoung asked weirdly.

“Well, I did.” Mrs Jung responded with a straight face before she took one card from the pile. Sooyoung was praying hard that Mrs Jung won’t yell out '31' after she had taken it. Thank god, Mrs Jung didn’t do anything meaning that, her cards were not yet nowhere near 31. “Alright.” Sooyoung said to herself.

She took a card and was so shocked that she had actually gotten an ace card which made the sum of cards from 20 to 31. She stood up from the chair, screamed her lungs out and threw her cards on the table. “31!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” She was the happiest person in the world. “WOOOHOOOO!!” Soojin also screamed in joy.

“ THATTTTT YOUU HH!!!” Sooyoung screamed out loud again. Everyone was in shocked after hearing it. She was too caught up with the moment that she went on saying weird stuff.

"Excuse me?? Who are you saying ???" Mrs Jung was terribly surprised. 

"Hmm I'm-I'm not saying it to you.. I'm saying it to someone else who is not in the room." Sooyoung laughed awkwardly. Everyone was looking at her weirdly at the time. “Okay. I should stop talking now.” Sooyoung mumbled to herself.

So after round 1, Sooyoung 1, Mrs Jung 0.

ROUND 2

“Alright since I won that round, I will pick the card first this time. Regardless if I shuffle the cards or not.” Sooyung looked at Mrs Jung.

“In that case, let me shuffle the cards then.” Mrs Jung suggested.

“Hmm no..” Sooyoung mumbled slowly. 

"Hmm why??" Mrs Jung asked. 

"Because these are my cards." Sooyoung said innocently. 

“But you get to go first in this round. It’s only fair that I get to shuffle it!” Mrs Jung was determined.

“Oh my god! The both of you! Why is it that important who gets to shuffle the cards??” Soojin snapped. She was just being impatient. She took the cards from Sooyoung’s hands and then quickly shuffled it and placed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter