Mr Jung's Birthday III

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jess, I’m not gonna wear it.” Sooyoung stood to her ground.

“Just wear the damn pants Sooyoung!!” Jessica cried out loud.

“Again, I don’t wanna wear it! It’s uncomfortable. I’m just going to wear my jeans”

“Do you know how much I spent for that??” Jessica questioned angrily.

“You care more about how much you spent than me being comfy the whole night?” Sooyoung questioned her back.

“For once Sooyoung, why can’t you just do what I asked for!” Jessica groaned out loud as she sat on the couch. They were already 30minutes late to Mr Jung’s birthday party and Sooyoung was not making things easier for her.

“For once Jessica, why can’t you ask me first before deciding on something? What crap did you just buy?? Who the is Marc Jacobs anyway? Do you think I would give a damn how expensive this is?” Sooyoung threw the pants on the bed. The pants were so uncomfortable that she couldn’t tolerate anymore.

Sooyoung didn’t know why, after the lunch earlier that day, Jessica had been so cranky and moody towards her. She was nagged for everything ever since the lunch. From the smallest to the biggest things, Jessica didn’t even give her a chance at all. All they did was to bicker since afternoon.

At that point, Sooyoung was no longer going to give in. Her patience has crossed the limit.

“I will wear what I want. If you love me enough, you wouldn’t care what I will be wearing.” Sooyoung said as she went through her luggage for her own pants. Since Mr Jung booked the whole family a hotel suite, everyone would be staying there till the weekend.

“Tonight, I do care.” Jessica said. “This is the first time I am introducing you to everyone.” She added. It’s true though. Most of the attendees were business partners, acquaintances, family members and friends.

“Are you embarrassed of me then?” Sooyoung said sarcastically. “You need me to be in expensive blouses and pants so that I would look the part is it?” Sooyoung added.

“Is that what you think of me all this while?” Jessica responded with a question.

“I’m sorry. Of course not.” Sooyoung said softly. Maybe she crossed the line just now.

She stood up and walked towards the woman who was sitting on the couch in the room. She then kneeled down and looked at her. “Baby, please tell me what’s bothering you? Are you stressed out because of the party? I promised you, I’ll behave. I wont say anything stupid.” Sooyoung gave the woman her assurance.

Jessica let out a long sigh as she looked at her girlfriend. Then she held the girl’s cheek. “I am not stressed out about the party. I am upset over something else.” She said.

“Please tell me. If I did something wrong, let me make things right.” Sooyoung assured. (Look who’s so matured now. Haha) Another long sigh slipped out from Jessica’s mouth. She really looked bothered at that point. Before she could explain further, Jessica’s phone rang.

Sooyoung took a glance on her girlfriend’s phone that was on the side table. “Oh damn, it’s your mum.” Sooyoung revealed. Jessica checked on her watch and the party had started 45minutes ago. She quickly took her phone and answered the call.

“Mum, sorrryyy. We are coming down now. We had an upset stomach.” Jessica came up with a lie so smoothly.

“Soo, wear any other pants, as long as it’s not jeans.” Jessica said before she left the bedroom suite. She had finally given her blessings for Sooyoung not to wear the expensive uncomfortable pants.

“Soo, we need to get going now!” Jessica exclaimed out loud at the door while waiting for her girlfriend to pick whatever pants she wanted. Sooyoung came out a few seconds later wearing the Marc Jacobs pants. Jessica was slightly surprised. 

“I know that you’re upset with me right now for something I don’t know. But I hope with me wearing this crappy pants can make you feel a bit better.” Sooyoung said trying to comfort her girlfriend.

“Seriously Sooyoung. We argued about the pants just now for 45 minutes! And only now you decided to wear it?? We literally argued for nothing!” Jessica exclaimed. Okay, she had turned to her cranky and moody self again.

“Okay. Maybe not.” Sooyoung mumbled to herself as she looked at her angry girlfriend leaving the hotel suite. Both of them made it to the party a few minutes later. They had to enter from a different entrance so that the guests’ wont realized how late they were to their own party.

“How are you guys feeling? Diarrhea?” Krystal appeared in between out of nowhere.

“Hmm.. better I guess. Not diarrhea.” Sooyoung answered unconfidently. “A lot of people this year eh?” Jessica turned to look at her sister. “I know right. I think Mr Lim looked for you just now.” Krystal informed. Mr Lim was one of the board members of the bank.

“Anyways, looking good Sooyoung. Is this from the new summer collection?” Krystal observed Sooyoung’s black blouse that Jessica got for her. “I have no idea. But I’m not feeling that good. The pants are killing me.” Sooyoung said. “It’s so itchy in the inside.” She added.

“That’s the point Sooyoung. Pain is beauty and beauty is pain.” Krystal laughed.

“What? You are calling this crappy pants a beauty?” Sooyoung was clueless.

“Oh my god Sooyoung, do you know that it’s a crime for you to insult a Marc Jacob’s collection??” Krystal pretended to be shocked.

“If you hate it so much, take it off then. Don’t wear any pants for all I care.” Jessica said seriously before she walked away.

“Hmm, what’s wrong with her?” Krystal asked. “I am still trying to figure out myself.” Sooyoung sighed. Then she excused herself to follow her girlfriend. “Babe..” Sooyoung grabbed Jessica by her arm. “Jess, pleaseeeee..” She whined softly. “I need you to talk.” She added.

“My dear Jessica!” Suddenly someone greeted them. It was Grandma Jung. “Oh my god, you look lovely.” Grandma Jung went to hug her granddaughter. Jessica was wearing a black evening dress. Both of them were wearing black.

“Thank you grandma.” Jessica smiled. “And Sooyoung, I believe this is from the new Marc Jacob’s summer collection. Lovely.” She smiled. “You girls look matching and I love that. “ She was still analyzing what they were wearing. Sooyoung still couldn’t understand what the fuss all about with what she was wearing. “Thank you for the suggestion grandma. We love it too.” Jessica said softly to her dearest grandmother.

“I did send a few suggestions right? Givenchy, Saint Lauren.. But March Jacobs was certainly the right choice.” She said. Every year, she would send her list of suggestions to Jessica and Krystal on what to wear for any annual big events. Finally Sooyoung understood why Jessica insisted for her to wear. It was because of Grandma Jung.

Both of them went on to greet the guests throughout the party. Jessica practically introduced her to everyone in the hall.

“This is Sooyoung, my girlfriend.” Jessica said. She didn’t hesitate at all.
“We have been dating for almost a year” She said oh so proudly.
 

 Most of the guests were shocked to their very core to learn that the VP of the bank came with a girlfriend this time around. And some of the guests were from the bank and it was shocking to know that the VP’s new girlfriend was just a newly promoted team manager from level 2. Sooyoung had a feeling by tomorrow; news would spread all over the office - news of her dating the VP.  It would be huge for sure.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter