The Jungs & The Chois

More Like Me: Bits and Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How are you feeling?” Jessica kneeled down on the floor next to Sooyoung’s side of the bed as she gently rubbed on Sooyoung’s back. Sooyoung had woken up a half an hour ago but she was still lying on the bed still feeling like . She still couldn’t believe that she foolishly shut the car door to her thumb yesterday. She was still in denial that all this happened again.

She took a glance at the bandaged thumb and then she looked at her girlfriend. “Do you still want to be with someone who’s with 2 hideous looking thumbs?” She asked out of the blue.

 “I would still be with you even if you are thumb-less.” Jessica replied back with a smile. The response made Sooyoung smile.

“Sorry that I yelled last night.” Sooyoung apologized as she was reminded of what happened last night. “And also, for all the screaming.” She added.

“It’s okay baby.” Jessica said softly. She was really having a tough time explaining everything to Soojin last night because the woman was just so full of herself and didn’t let her speak. After Soojin found out the real story, she went on to speak for an hour on how she would report the guard to the ministry of labor and employment.

“Soojin unnie, I don’t know how else to say this to you. Please let us handle this issue internally.” Jessica sighed last night trying to make the woman understand. Jessica understood how protective Soojin was towards her sister but Sooyoung and the bank were  her responsibility. The both of them were arguing till Sooyoung fell asleep on the couch.

“Can I sleep on your lap?” Sooyoung asked to Mrs Jung innocently last night.

“Please tell me you’re joking.” Mrs Jung frowned looking at her. It’s bad enough that she had to feed the girl earlier.

“Do I look like I’m joking? I thought you love me.” Sooyoung responded back. “Okay, I’m going back to my room now.” Mrs Jung stood up from the couch and left the suite. She didn’t want to fall for any of Sooyoung’s traps anymore. Since she had gone back to her suite early, Mrs Choi didn’t get to know Mrs Jung even more. So she invited the whole family for lunch at her house that day.  

“What’s the time now?” Sooyoung mumbled.

“Half past 11.” Jessica answered looking at the girl.

“Your mum invited everyone for lunch today.” Jessica revealed. Sooyoung didn’t know as she was already asleep last night when Mrs Choi asked Jessica to pass the invite to the whole family.

“She did? Your mum okay with it?” Sooyoung asked back.

“Hmm I don’t know. But it would be good to have your mum’s veggie stew right now or her veggie tempura.” Jessica smiled. Yes, she was hungry and she had always adore Mrs Choi’s cooking.

“Babe..” Sooyoung mumbled softly.

“Yes my love.” Jessica smiled as she stood up from the floor and sat on the bed next to the girl.

“Are you going to fire the guard?” She asked.

“Yes.” Jessica answered without having any second thoughts. Of course, she was going to terminate the guard for being so rude towards Sooyoung. If this were to happen to any other employees, she would have done the same.

“I was hoping that you don’t.” Sooyoung said something quite surprising to Jessica.

*****

“Will you still be talking like this, if I’m the VP right now?”

“But you’re not the VP.”

“Mr Lee, please don’t let me punch this guy.” Sooyoung was furious after hearing the response. “You want to punch me?”  The new guard on the other hand, just laughed sarcastically. Sooyoung was even more furious. She walked closer to the guard and looked at him. Yes, of course he was bigger than her, but she didn’t care.

“Do you really think you can punch me?” He asked as they were standing so close to each other.

“Chung, that’s enough!” Mr Lee exclaimed. “Your mum wouldn’t want this.” He added as he roughly tried to pull him away from Sooyoung. He somehow obeyed.

“Yeah, why don’t you go back home to your mum now.” Sooyoung said. “What did you say???” The new guard exclaimed loudly before he dashed towards Sooyoung and pushed the girl. Sooyoung almost fell down but she managed to catch her steps. Only god knew how enraged she was at the time. Before she made her way towards the guy, Mr Lee immediately stopped her.

“Sooyoung please. He just lost his mother last week.” Mr Lee whispered nervously. Sooyoung immediately felt terribly guilty so she just decided not to prolong and would just go and park Jessica’s Mercedes down at the basement.

When Jessica left the car earlier, the woman didn’t actually close the driver’s side door and so did Sooyoung on the passenger’s side when he went out to face guard. So Sooyoung had to close the door to the passenger’s side before going to the driver’s seat. That’s when she carelessly shut the door to her thumb.

******

“I provoked him.” Sooyoung revealed. “I didn’t know that his mother just passed away. If I knew, I wouldn’t have said something like that.” Sooyoung added.

“How would you know baby...” Jessica replied softy.

“I think I deserve this misery.” Sooyoung showed Jessica her bandaged thumb.

“Please don’t say th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter